IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 3: Rationality Is NOT in the Mix

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Jezzable said:

Someone asked where Carmon had announced her recent marriage. It was on Facebook. 

I wonder if she’s still tight with the Steven Loomis Family. 

And for those comparing Spanks w Mario Batali—-I lean toward Leif Garrett. 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 4

@AnnaSofia beat me too it, 

Denise went to be with the Lord:  Dec 18, 2011

Shannon died (RIP, sweetie): October 3, 2012

Lisa started slinging her hooks at Spanky, by own admission: 2013

Darby married Chris Stouffer:  March 22, 2014

Spanky accidentally signs up for an Ashley-Madison account: August 2, 2014

R. Campbell married Hannah Knapp: Jan, 2015

Spanky confesses to Ashley Madison: August 2015

Lisa Carol Ringel and David Neil Ringel filed for divorce (can't find the date the divorce was final): March 16, 2016

Spanky married Lisa (civil ceremony): October 14, 2016

Ecclesiastical wedding performed by RCSn: November 19, 2016

Precious arrested:  November 29, 2016

Delaney married JTits:  September 29th, 2017

I wonder whether Spanky ever got the oil in the car changed.

I would estimate Lisa's divorce took a minimum of 6 months to go through so it was a quick remarriage.

Added the bolded for completeness.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Boom.

Indeed! 

Any idea who the “father” in an earlier tweet was? The one who ignored the marching band to challenge his son about evangelizing?

Also: this is how twitter works? Oblique references to which others can decide whether to respond? I’m sincerely asking. It’s not so much dialog, then? TIA

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Also: this is how twitter works? Oblique references to which others can decide whether to respond? 

Pretty much. Facebook is people you actually know, but Twitter users often are following/being followed by complete strangers... and a few people they actually know in real life. There is less accountability for the things you say, because-- for most people-- it's not like your mom is going to call you up and say, "Why did you post that?" Now that my mom is on Facebook, I'll probably never post anything political or controversial there again. But Twitter? IDGAF. Mom ain't there. 

Also, I have no idea who posted the story about the father and son at the parade, but Darby obviously feels that she can relate...

Edited by DomWackTroll
  • Upvote 6

I was perusing the RC-Lisa facebook pictures and all of a sudden I realized that RCjr and Mario Batali look freakishly alike- especially now that Jr has grown himself a mullet!  Does anyone else see it? 

image.png.d0b9c240d4fd5e7c469f2324db060700.png     image.png.b096f729f18613cea992002dff6e49d7.png  

Before reading @punkiepie's text I took one look at the photo on the right and instantly thought, "Oh my goodness! Is that RC Jr's DUI mugshot? How did punkiepie find that?" No offense to Mario Batali. But he does have a reputation for being a bit of lush, showing up soused even before the party gets started, ruddy cheeks and bleary eyed. And yes, Mario Batali does look exactly like what I'd imagine a drunk version of RC Jr looks like. The difference is Mario Batali has the good sense to let someone else do the driving.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Banyan said:

Before reading @punkiepie's text I took one look at the photo on the right and instantly thought, "Oh my goodness! Is that RC Jr's DUI mugshot? How did punkiepie find that?" No offense to Mario Batali. But he does have a reputation for being a bit of lush, showing up soused even before the party gets started, ruddy cheeks and bleary eyed. And yes, Mario Batali does look exactly like what I'd imagine a drunk version of RC Jr looks like. The difference is Mario Batali has the good sense to let someone else do the driving.

I thought the exact same thing!?

• Upvote 3

I had to update my location because flavoured sarcasm is too good not to share around.

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

On 1/20/2019 at 11:11 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

@refugee from the last Spanky thread, @hoipolloi does not always speak but when she does it is worth it!

x 1,000

• Upvote 5

Is there anything more cringe-y than someone who isn't exactly famous or accomplished-- like, at all-- making memes of their own, supposedly-deep thoughts? 

"Well, golly gee, if Lisa Sproul said it..." said no one, ever. 

• Haha 20
  • I Agree 2

52 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Excuse you, that's Lisa C. Sproul, thank you very much. 

23 hours ago, Banyan said:

And yes, Mario Batali does look exactly like what I'd imagine a drunk version of RC Jr looks like.

Isn't RC Jr. the drunk version of RC Jr.? 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Is there anything more cringe-y than someone who isn't exactly famous or accomplished-- like, at all-- making memes of their own, supposedly-deep thoughts? 

Wow! She is so sure damn full of herself. Her and Spanky a really something else and a real snark fest. Sad thing that there are kids in the mix that have suffered through enough after losing their mother and an older sister. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Who exactly does Lisa think she is? I'm not using the phrase flippantly, I'm honestly mystified. 

I keep getting the impression that Lisa thinks Spanky is way more famous than reality would bear out.  Unless you're a specific brand of Christian, or an even more specific brand of snarker, you don't know who the hell RC Sproul Jr. is, let alone Lisa.

Add in Spanky's Ashley Madison and DUI scandals, marriage to a three time divorcée, and resignation from Ligonier, and I don't see too many people flocking to Lisa for theological affirmations. I mean, weirder things have happened in that world, but as of now, the woman has 544 Twitter followers, FFS

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

8 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Who exactly does Lisa think she is? I'm not using the phrase flippantly, I'm honestly mystified.

I am developing an unhealthy obsession trying to figure that out. I may need ferrets.

She's a Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle coach now. It surprises me a little that she is willing to sign on to someone else's brand, but I think there's a cashflow problem chez Sproul and she is hoping to pick up paying clients.

Her writing style breaks new ground for me, which is saying something since I've been an English and writing teacher for 30+ years. It reminds me of Madlibs:  It’s a [adjective] topic in full disclosure among our members. ... The “kids” were not abused, all elders know the details of their toxic behaviors and [adjective] sarcasm.  Just like the [plural noun] of their fathers [plural noun], they do not want the “kids” to be exposed, just let their dad be the “fall guy” for the family. 

How else do you get random juxtapositions like "flavored sarcasm" and "loose topic"? Her website follows the same organizational pattern: click a link or two and see where it takes you. Or check out these quotes from the home page: "Mother of  13: five born of my womb, four born of my heart, four gifted by marriage. Grandma of eight.  Dietitian. Author. Writer. Teacher. Speaker. Friend."  And then: "Humility needs no applause."

If she's feeling disorganized and frantic, it's understandable. She has brought her own complicated family background into another complicated family with an addict at its head and a bunch of kids who've been raised in the Sproul/Doug Wilson style of smug Calvinist snark. What could go wrong?

• Upvote 13

8 hours ago, ophelia said:

What do we know about the three husbands she had before Spanky? Were they also religious nut jobs or more worldly? 

We know that one of them was Jewish, but other than that...? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

8 hours ago, ophelia said:

What do we know about the three husbands she had before Spanky? Were they also religious nut jobs or more worldly? 

According to this post by Lisa, https://thepurposedrivenwife.com/f/journey-of-faith her last husband, who I think is the Jewish husband, was a family practice doctor that was indicted by the DEA for writing fraudulent prescriptions.  It also mentions they were married for 15 years as of 2013, so her first two marriages must have been very short and happened when she was much younger.  She is a grandmother though, so I am assuming it was one or both of those husbands that is/are the grandfather(s).  But from what I've read, she hasn't mentioned the other two husbands. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 7

On 1/22/2019 at 12:55 PM, older than allosaurs said:

She's a Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle coach now. It surprises me a little that she is willing to sign on to someone else's brand, but I think there's a cashflow problem chez Sproul and she is hoping to pick up paying clients.

Yeah, Spanky was pushing that on Twitter recently. No doubt they are having financial issues, when you consider Spanky's DUI and subsequent legal bills, rehab costs, and forced job resignation all coming within a couple of months of their wedding. I'm sure it is NOT what Lisa "First Lady of the Sproul Home" thought she was signing up for.

Speaking of, I hadn't looked at her Instagram in awhile and somehow missed this one.

I have no words.

Edited by AnnaSofia
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 9
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 8
  • Haha 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked and unlocked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic