IGNORED

Lori Alexander 59: The Oracle of California

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

@feministxtianthat is the type of "daycare" I got for the year before I started kindergarten. My mom went back to work and I went to Miss Vicki. I want to say that there were about a dozen of us kids in the basement (there were plenty of toys, so ehhh?) but absolutely no adult supervision. We could go upstairs for lunch and to use the bathroom, but that was IT.

Fun times.

If I remember right Ms. K had 6 kids in care. The toddlers/preschoolers had a very structured day. She had a schedule (with pictures) on the wall for them, Free play, breakfast, pre-reading, pre-math activities (counting, colors, numbers, letters), free play, lunch, outside time, nap, etc. The girls LOVED it. She provided a more structured day than I did when I was a SAHM because my idea of "being home with my kids" consisted of "go find something creative to do that does not involve bugging me". I was NOT cut out to be a SAHM. I was a much happier mom when I went to work. I'm sorry but wiping snotty noses and wiping shitty butts all day is not my idea of a good time. Damn shame my kids turned out so bad. One just was awarded her BS in Computer Science/engineering, one just got a raise where he's clearing 6 figures and his side business is also very successful, one got his electrician journeyman license. Yeah, I did a real shit job raising those brats and working full time. 

Pondering way too much here.  I think the next topic title should be "I only hit him once.  Does that make me an abuser?"

6 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

What. the. Fuck. Guys, I don't even know where to begin with this.

She's telling us how to grow old gracefully? Have I woken up in an alternate universe? She has no grace. 

Spoiler

1451483391_ScreenShot2018-12-20at12_45_20pm.thumb.png.21adbafe18d815100f163a1cae6c17ca.png

Years ago when I was working at the Christian school and still paying student loans, I always needed a summer job. I was a nanny for two summers for two kids (4-5 and 9-10) which was a dream job but they were amazing kids with pretty laid back parents. 

Another summer, though, I found a part time gig at a licensed home daycare. The woman who ran it wanted to take the school age kids who were only there full time in the summer--including her own two school age kids--out for some activities in the afternoons 2-3 days a week. So I stayed there with the toddlers--3 two year olds and 3 three year olds--for 3-4 hours at a time. That wasn't so bad. I worked in toddler rooms in daycare during summers in college. And her home was organized and they were usually napping for part of the time. 

But she took a two week vacation that summer and instead of shutting down, paid me 75% of her fees to keep the daycare running for her. 6 a.m to 6 p.m. Two families took their vacations at the same time but not for the entire time--one each week. I basically had five toddlers and three school age kids all at once. It was the longest two work weeks of my life.  You have all the kids to deal with. You have to keep everything clean to state licensing standards. Every meal and snack has to meet strict standards if you have the federal food subsidies. And it is not at all like taking care of your own kids or kids of relatives. These people are paying you a small fortune and have high expectations for activities, etc... When I took care of my nephew 24/7, I could park him in front of a video and do grad class homework or just use it for a break. You can't do that running a home daycare. You have to stay engaged with those kids. The parents are paying for you to stay engaged. 

It was a non-stop work for about 14 hours a day. Anyone who thinks it's easy is an idiot. 

But I guess it is not news that Lori Alexander is an idiot. 

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

What. the. Fuck. Guys, I don't even know where to begin with this

Is it awful that I really really want her to come face to face with Dolly Parton?? She'd shit a kitten. 

Age gracefully my ass, she should have paid more attention to keeping the sun off her skin! (I know it's petty, but she deserves it) 

My mom is 11 years older than Lori, all natural. She smokes, drinks beer & whiskey, works her ass off in her yard, & doesn't need to color her hair. She looks at worst: Lori's age, at best: 5 years younger. 

How old is this broad? Her skin is shit. Wrinkled, freckled, no fat underneath it. I think she's about 6 years older than me. Not trying to say I'm like gorgeous or anything like that but damn, I look damn near like a teenager next to her. 

Or maybe it's the internal ugly coming through. 

When it comes to aging gracefully I hope I have my dad's family genes. Some of us are a little rolly Polly but damn I think we age well. I mean I'm in my 20s but really I think the older women in my family look great! We're blessed with very good skin (little acne) and dark hair that doesn't gray very fast IMO (a pain for shaving though). My mom looks great too! 

Does aging gracefully include dying your hair? Although I believe she said she uses a natural henna dye or something. I wonder if that's what dries her hair out, or maybe she uses a shampoo soap bar or something that is very stripping. 

2 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

When it comes to aging gracefully I hope I have my dad's family genes. Some of us are a little rolly Polly but damn I think we age well. I mean I'm in my 20s but really I think the older women in my family look great! We're blessed with very good skin (little acne) and dark hair that doesn't gray very fast IMO (a pain for shaving though). My mom looks great too! 

Does aging gracefully include dying your hair? Although I believe she said she uses a natural henna dye or something. I wonder if that's what dries her hair out, or maybe she uses a shampoo soap bar or something that is very stripping. 

I have a bit of gray at my forehead and temples. I actually kind of like it. Just like my dad. My hair is still thick and healthy. I shed enough to knit a wig every week.I could probably use a good facial but...maybe someday. I'm more than a bit chubby but it fleshes out my face nicely. Parts of me are quite droopy but that's weight, age, gravity and kids. Hey...Mr. Xtian likes to leave the lights on...so it can't be that bad! 

A bit of braggy conceit...was talking to someone at work and started talking about being a teenager in the late 70's. Person didn't believe me and thought I was in my mid-30's...which would make me the same age as my gorgeous daughter. 

Lori? Looks like the mother just before her last stroke. I think them teefers is fake too. 

That video. Yikes. Lori says noticed other women's breasts were "hard" when she hugged them. Does she even know how disgusting she sounds?

This video is about growing old gracefully but she contradicts herself by saying she wanted breast implants but couldn't get them because of her health problems. Then she says she and her sister wanted facelifts but again wasn't able to for health reasons. And also, wouldn't it be embarrassing to die on the operating room table from a facelift? Who gives a shit? You would be dead anyway. Is microdermabrasion against her mighty principles? How about Botox or a chemical peel? I guess in Lori's case we should start slowly, like maybe with a comb because damn. She looks disheveled. 

6 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Yikes. Lori says noticed other women's breasts were "hard" when she hugged them. Does she even know how disgusting she sounds?

Uh.  I'm a woman who's attracted to women, and I don't think I've ever noticed the hardness of a woman's breasts when hugging.  WTF, Lori.

5 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Or maybe it's the internal ugly coming through. 

Bingo.  Easy smiles, love and kindness - those show on a face after awhile.  And affection for someone makes them a pleasant sight, no matter whether or not they fit wider beauty standards.  

Lori looks like a dried out scarecrow.  I didn't watch the video because I really would like to keep my breakfast where it belongs in my tummy -- bacon and white bread toast!  Lori would chastise me for eating so much fat, but you know what?  It's damn good.  

The "hard" boobs aren't just from implants to enlarge.  I have friends who are very busty and they had lifts because they were sagging in their 30's.  

Maybe all this ranting is part of the passive-aggressive arrows at Ken because he likes big boobs and women with a bit of cushioning in the right places? 

I was coaching someone at work one time about their demeanor, and they said, "I can't be perky all the time like you."  My response -- "I make myself smile and greet people kindly  After a while, it comes naturally."

Why are there so many grey areas when it comes to men fulfilling their role as providers? Women are expected to get on with the homemaker role from the moment they marry and start having children. No breathing space or time to find their feet, no expecting help from the husband, no outside or professional assistance, and absolutely no compromising or finding balance with outside employment.

Yet … it’s fine for women to work in the early/ childless stages of the relationship to support the man as he gets his act together. If the man isn’t making enough money his wife is expected to figure out ways to contribute to the family income, or to live with an insufficient budget. Lori and followers dedicate a lot of time to negotiating around slack spousal providers.  If it’s the man’s job, it’s the man’s job. He should carry out his role without looking for his wife’s assistance*

*By Lori’s logic  

49 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Lori looks like a dried out scarecrow.  

The "hard" boobs aren't just from implants to enlarge.  I have friends who are very busty and they had lifts because they were sagging in their 30's.  

I am CACKLING at “dried out scarecrow”. 

In regards to implants- my sister in law is petite (like 5’3”) and was extremely busty- her mother is built the same way. She had terrible back pain as a result and had difficulty finding bras that didn’t cut into her shoulders. Insurance covered a reduction for her, which necessitated a lift and implants. The cosmetic benefit was a nice bonus- not her primary reason for surgery. 

5 hours ago, FullOfGravy said:

Bingo.  Easy smiles, love and kindness - those show on a face after awhile.  And affection for someone makes them a pleasant sight, no matter whether or not they fit wider beauty standards.  

I smile a lot more now...as I'm finding my way out of the darkness of depression...It also has a lot to do with tone of voice, facial expressions, laugh lines, fluffy hair (personal) always makes me feel good. I mean, let's face it, a good hair day is enough to set your whole outlook on life. Right now though, I'm still sleepy and that makes me a bit grumpy.

13 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

What. the. Fuck. Guys, I don't even know where to begin with this.

A couple of observations about the video:

One -- I don't like commenting on looks, but she LOOKS awful. I thought the early morning videos from a few weeks back were bad, but was giving her the benefit of the doubt because who looks good in the morning.  But holy, heck....I don't mean this in a mean way, but her hateful attitudes are taking a fast and furious toll on this lady. 

Roots or no roots, good gosh....Don't do your hair yourself this time. Your hair does not look healthy. Use some of the "grass-fed butter" budget and go to a professional this time.  Your hair looks brittle and dry and thinning. Keep this up and soon you won't have any hair left. 

I don't buy for a minute you want to let it go gray. And apparently neither does Ken (who despite his personality, has aged much better and looks much younger than his "gorgeous doll"  He says they can revisit the issue in 5 years.   

Lori slips up and says at age 30 they were done having kids...then mumbles a bunch of excuses about how they were open to more, and would never do anything permanent...and oh yeah, did you know she was so, so, so sick. Yep...CYA and inconsistencies in "your story." 

Her mom had a facelift and she looked "so good and so young for a lot longer."

hard breasts? hard breasts?? --  Once again, I'm shocked/not shocked at Lori's obsession with other women's anatomy

Who else is convinced she really, really WANTS a facelift...but she's trying to talk herself out of it. 

Speculation bus:  And finally, the younger Lori always was good looking, even five years ago she was very attractive.  She could always rely on her looks because she didn't seem to have much else.  And now she is losing that, too. This video was an attempt to convince herself that looks don't matter. NO...they really matter to Lori. 

I got caught up on her story about how they bought their first house from her father and when they sold it to move to San Diego they made $150,000 off the sale. But hey, keep on telling people living in poverty about making it work and with God (and a ton of daddy’s money), nothing is impossible. 

17 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Once again, I'm shocked/not shocked at Lori's obsession with other women's anatomy

Me too.  I don't care if she is attracted to women, that's cool, she should just admit it and go on.  Honestly if she's been miserable her entire life because she feels compelled to be with a man when she'd rather be with a woman, I feel sorry for her.  That doesn't come anywhere close to excusing the shit she throws at other women, but I would still feel some pity for her, if nothing else.  

I've been trying to figure out who is having Lori's ninth grandchild. I was hoping it was Alyssa, but it probably isn't. Erin just had a baby. Emily's baby is still very young. I am putting my money on Cassi. 

If you look at Cassi's facebook, she has posted a new profile pic. Her  youngest baby looks distressed, and in fact both kids look unhappy. Actually, the whole family looks stressed to me. Kinda hope she's not having a thrid.

Regarding Lori's growing old/appearances video, instead of lamenting her own beauty fading, I would love to see Lori share something like THIS, since she knows appearances do matter in our society.  Something focused on OTHERS, instead of - you know- focused on LORI...

WARNING: grab a hanky if you are emotionally sensitive.

Spoiler

57 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I've been trying to figure out who is having Lori's ninth grandchild. I was hoping it was Alyssa, but it probably isn't. Erin just had a baby. Emily's baby is still very young. I am putting my money on Cassi. 

I do not know the birth order of Lori's children or daughters-in-law.  But I would imagine it is not Alyssa, though I pray it would be.  And Just because one of them just had a baby, or has a very young baby, doesn't mean they aren't pregnant right away again.  When I was a fundie, I was pregnant for six years straight with four children back to back.

Even if Lori can feel "hard" boobs why is she commenting on it? I feel like that is very rude. She doesn't know if those women had reconstruction surgery following breast cancer and unles she asks them (also rude) she won't know. She makes a lot of assumptions about a person simply based on her feelings. 

I'm thinking maybe this is a dig at Ken, who hinted/suggested that she get some sort of work done. Or perhaps she really did want to go gray, but as she stated, Ken forbid it for another five years, and she's pissed about that. Or she caught him looking at a woman with implants. Who knows, I just think this video was in response to something Ken said or did. 

44 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Even if Lori can feel "hard" boobs why is she commenting on it? I feel like that is very rude. She doesn't know if those women had reconstruction surgery following breast cancer and unles she asks them (also rude) she won't know. She makes a lot of assumptions about a person simply based on her feelings. 

I'm not sure if you watched the video but after the hard boob comment she goes on to say that those women all told her that they had breast implants. How did she manage to steer the conversation into talking about about breasts? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived