IGNORED

Lori Alexander 59: The Oracle of California

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, tried to upload the screenshots from my phone and messed them up. I’ll upload them on my laptop when I get home  

7 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

My post crossed with the new thread and is now gone. Crap.

Sorry.  There doesn't seem to be anything we can do about that.  When we hit lock, it does stop everything on that thread.  I usually try to wait for what seems a lull in the conversation.  It would be nice if it showed us that someone was typing on it.  

Just now, Coconut Flan said:

Sorry.  There doesn't seem to be anything we can do about that.  When we hit lock, it does stop everything on that thread.  I usually try to wait for what seems a lull in the conversation.  It would be nice if it showed us that someone was typing on it.  

Oh I know, it's funny that in my years of being on FJ it has never happened before! At first I was startled, because I finished typing, hit post, and then poof. Then I saw the new thread. I'll repost later, not hard to comment about Lori.

The last thread had a discussion of Christmas trees and decorating, brought on by Lori's Christmas tour of her house. When I was a kid, we always had real trees.  Then Mom discovered artificial trees when I was a teenager and bought one that she used for many years.  When I moved out on my own, I bought a real one the first year and then I'd met Mr. Briefly by the next year and we had real ones for a couple of years. Then we bought a huge artificial tree when we got married and used it for years.  By the time the Briefly daughter came along, we didn't want to buy real trees so we kept using the artificial one. Then she turned out to be allergic to pine so we never bought another real tree.  The last couple of years, we have not put one up.  When we had the coyote/dog, he would take everything outside that he could reach and that included ornaments off the lower branches of the tree.  Mr. Briefly bought a couple of fiber-optic trees one year but they have probably never even been taken out of the box.  The big tree finally fell apart and I bought a 4' artificial tree a couple of years ago, since the Coyote/dog went to the Rainbow bridge.  We used the small one once, in 2016.  2017 we didn't put it up because we weren't sure until the last minute that we weren't going to Texas for Christmas.  This year, there simply is not room with all the pachinko machines belonging to customers who sent them to us for restoration.  Briefly daughter's boyfriend loves Christmas and this is their first one living together.  So I offered them the small tree and they wasted no time getting over to pick it up!  Mr. Briefly's dad gave her an orange traffic cone several years ago, she decorated it with lights and used it as her tree for a couple of years when she was living by herself.  I have a wreath up but that is it this year.  I have a large Nativity set that my mother got me, a piece each year, but it's in the attic. Since we have decided on a cat as our next pet, we might not have a tree next year.

I tried with real trees for a while, but stopped when the world's BIGGEST spider was apparently included in the purchase price one year. OK, maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but this was a truly massive huntsman. It took me a couple of hours to try and work up the courage to remove it, all the while keeping an eagle eye on it in case it moved. 

I have three cats, and one of them just LOVES tinsel. There's a certain type of long-stranded tinsel that I've had to get rid of completely because he keeps on trying to eat it. Plus, the sole reason for the existence of baubles is to give them something to play with don'tcherknow......

Starting about 9 or 10 years ago, my kids quit coming home for Christmas and set up their own households so now I rotate to their homes.  I don't decorate at all any more and I'm trying to get rid of the decorations that I have left.  It could be approaching time for an ultimatum of take what you want of what is left because it's all going to be donated if it's still here by date x.  

No tree this year because: 

20181210_082819.thumb.jpg.abc31935928579d53578ef7c8b82c280.jpg

I put up the stockings & various bits & pieces. I don't have decor like a lot of folks. I'd love to, I've just never had the money, time, & item availability all happen all at the same time. This year is a bit weird... both kids are out on their own. I know we'll see them over the course of the holiday but it's weird nonetheless. 

That Brian character on Lori's latest posts...I thought he was just a professional troll... but that profile is pretty scary. That dude needs to be taken out behind a woodshed... he's got some issues. 

Here we go...this thread has everything from accusations of witchcraft and Marxism, to Fonzie references, to hidden agendas. A real tour de dumb. Also, I missed out on being assigned a Luciferian handler. Maybe the helpmeets could look into that? 

Spoiler

IMG_1981.thumb.PNG.6d30f12509f7c3931c252e553a606233.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1982.thumb.PNG.0e42ccae58a9035a99570082dc530cf1.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1983.thumb.PNG.9283f86858b17fc0237cc9927fbeae2c.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1984.thumb.PNG.c970d50ca946803dd468cf1d1dfb9382.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1985.thumb.PNG.ee18e0a80c5e346568e8678a3a62d69b.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1986.thumb.PNG.e42b6daa8ab9eda230a0e5143d9c7d5c.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1987.thumb.PNG.35fd99c942d3a0fdc511eb5344604afc.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1988.thumb.PNG.bd67283609601c2677a26daf99e351a1.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1989.thumb.PNG.7c0c1b815e0ee222eda9debf9acb5379.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1990.thumb.PNG.a98250c4effde439f90600268c8a9f4e.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1992.thumb.PNG.c15ad5c9b9f6ff77d6ab780a91e766c9.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1993.thumb.PNG.df3763a53401065c762fe25587e61ad4.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_1994.thumb.PNG.9fb92d599cce3ae181b69cfa9f306508.PNG

51 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Here we go...this thread has everything from accusations of witchcraft and Marxism, to Fonzie references, to hidden agendas. A real tour de dumb. Also, I missed out on being assigned a Luciferian handler. Maybe the helpmeets could look into that? 

I saw some of these comments on TTW's page earlier and went to check out John McGregor's FB profile. I'm so happy for Lori. She wants to spread her God's word, but the only people she seems to be talking to are either trolls or just straight out douchebags (I'm looking at you, Trey). 

Maybe if Lori just concentrated on harassing ministering to the women in her immediate circles she might win more over to her way of thinking. I suspect though that she has already worn out her welcome in her area. In fact, maybe if Lori actually demonstrated some of the qualities that real Christian women have, she might win more people over. Her tolerance of homophobic, islamophobic, anti-semitic, xenophobic, white supremecist (thanks for the rundown Prudently at Home) on her page will hopefully make her even less relevant than she already is.

I'll take a Luciferian handler if it's Tom Ellis.

I don't typically like what Prudently has to say but you know what? You go Prudently! Someone is finally pushing back and I gotta say I like her spunk, quite savage. I might not agree with her but I think she actually wants to live what she preaches. She's also smart enough to see what's happening on that page. I'd almost like to see her be a Fundy guest on freejinger. 

Back to Christmas talk! I took my parents old fake tree. My sister bought a beautiful fake tree that spins (so extra) when she was in her own place. Now that she's back with my parents they're using that. I just slapped some more lights where the prelit ones went out and called it good. My mom also brought me some of my ornaments that I had growing up. She kept the babies 1st Christmas ones but she gave me ones with my name on it, Precious Moments and Barbie ornaments from Avon and a few other. She put together a box for me and brought it up for thanksgiving with the tree. When I was decorating the tree a few days later I pulled out some of the more delicate ones that are really old that she had tucked in to the box.  I wasn't expecting her to bless me with some of her oldest ornaments and nearly cried. The Avon ornaments are important because my Great Grandma sold Avon for decades so she would often give us ornaments. I have boxes full of cherish teddies from her as well.

On my tv stand I have a nativity scene made from printed fabric figures stuffed with stuffing that my grandma made I played with it for hours as a child. I was/am in love with it. 

I think I love Prudently now.

I also noticed a man named David Stewart in the comments above. He seemed like he may be somewhat reasonable for a fundie. He said he wouldn't want his wife reading some of these men's comments.

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I don't typically like what Prudently has to say but you know what? You go Prudently! Someone is finally pushing back and I gotta say I like her spunk, quite savage. I might not agree with her but I think she actually wants to live what she preaches. She's also smart enough to see what's happening on that page. I'd almost like to see her be a Fundy guest on freejinger. 

She had another blog- Blueberry Cottage, I think it was. She had a video post essentially saying she didn’t want to come off hard and referenced the push back Lori got (not mentioning her by name). Then she aligned herself more directly with Lori and took up for her. I think, at heart, she is a nurturer and acted accordingly. 

I don’t agree with her views, but I do think she’s probably kind and caring and would be encouraging in her approach- and likely not as judgmental as she has seemed in some of her posts. 

I missed today’s comments. Thank you @ViolaSebastian for capturing them (and the others that did as well). What happened today is horrifying. Prudently handled herself very well- she prob leans more feminist than she realizes. 

59-single-lives alone except for 3 dogs-has 3 Christmas trees up.  One pencil tree decorated with about 1/4 of the ornaments I own, a pink mannequin dress tree I got at Sam's last year, and a gold glitter ribbon tree also purchased at Sam's.  I love turning out the lights and just having the trees lit.  My dogs don't touch the trees, but I don't put a tree skirt down because they will think it belongs to them.  

I couldn't believe what I was reading on yesterday's posts on TTW.  Just when you think it can't go further off the rails, it takes a dive into a canyon.  It's like watching a movie of a train going off a trestle and the cars crashing one on top of another in a heap of mangled debris.

PS I love that you used my "Oracle of California" as the title.

Lori made the following humble brag on yesterday's Facebook doodle:

Yesterday:

share.PNG.eb6bfe737ff252532a12f0a7ccc2d38e.PNG

A Mercedes for her sons to share.  Okay.

Except:

grad.PNG.7d690d4f52a715c8db82584cf299f3f0.PNG

Interesting.  Lori says it was for her sons to share, but in 2016, she said her parents gave it to her daughter as a graduation present.

Now, bearing in mind that it was a present for Alyssa (which Lori decided to use for her sons), check out this post from 2015:

present.PNG.2234015a3e28240cf6bfc3417181932f.PNG

So now we have Lori selling (and pocketing) 5 grand on ALYSSA'S present!  

Lori, you and Ken have plenty of money!  Are you going to seriously tell me your daughter couldn't have used that money?!?  You sold what your parents gave her!!!

My children were each given gifts of a fairly significant value on their 13th birthdays.  The gifts were from my in-laws.  My daughter's gift was a piano, which she eventually lost interest in (turns out, she really loves to take painting/drawing classes).  That piano still sits in my living room, BUT if and when she should decide to sell it, the money will be hers alone.  If she decides not to sell it, we are happy to store it for her indefinitely.  The point is, it's her piano, an if it was sold, I would never keep a solitary dime of the profits.

In yet another post in 2015, Lori wrote:

flat.thumb.PNG.1cfb4e8e27967b2b81403e34cdb93bc5.PNG

The above post is about Ryan and Steven.  Ryan was a mere 2 years younger than Alyssa.  When he was 16, she would have been 18 (which was when Lori claims Alyssa got the car).

Alyssa has posted on Instagram that left home at 18, with nothing but the clothes on her back and a suitcase.  In the post, she was basically thanking a friend for taking her in.

Alyssa wrote:

I still remember the day when you picked me up from the Jackson Mississippi airport 15 years ago (barely 18 years old, with my two suitcases and no car or place to live). It meant the world to me then and I am so grateful for your friendship now. I love you!!! 

Her grandparents had *just* given her a car.  But you know what?  It seems that Lori took it for her sons.  Alyssa?  She was left at barely 18 years old, with nothing.

In 2014, Lori wrote:

new.thumb.PNG.0db9312709288810dc5efb5efdc7264a.PNG

In 2012, she wrote:

my.PNG.1cde14dbf6a47fa697417e31a0ac8ab1.PNG

That's right, it's HER gold Mercedes!

She continues:

great.PNG.855cf995dbc2bb40ccaaeee404cadfa1.PNG

Except it wasn't a car for your boys- it was a car for your daughter, and YOU (Lori) profited $5,000 from that gift!

Side note- Lori had been in possession of that car for many years when she sold it for $5000.  Imagine what it was worth when Alyssa first came into possession of it (probably 15 years prior).  She would have had a nice little starting out fund, if she'd been allowed to keep HER gift.

Thanks, for connecting the dots for us @Koala   I know Ken has complained in the past about the "internet trolls" who live to "dig up stuff" on his righteous wife.  But he's wrong. There is no digging involved. Lori's lies, exaggerations, contradictions and hypocritical behavior are right there in black and white (the way she likes it -- no shades of gray for her!) in her own words.

She isn't even consistent in her attempt to be "funny."    In one post she says the car goes from 0-60  in 20 minutes and in another that it goes and 0-45 in 15 minutes.   

37 minutes ago, Koala said:

My children were each given gifts of a fairly significant value on their 13th birthdays.  The gifts were from my in-laws.  My daughter's gift was a piano, which she eventually lost interest in (turns out, she really loves to take painting/drawing classes).  That piano still sits in my living room, BUT if and when she should decide to sell it, the money will be hers alone.  If she decides not to sell it, we are happy to store it for her indefinitely.  The point is, it's her piano, an if it was sold, I would never keep a solitary dime of the profits.

My sisters and I got significant gifts from our grandfather on our 16th birthdays. I got a 10-year-old tiny hatchback car (I'm the oldest), and my sisters got nice musical instruments - a flute and clarinet, respectively, to replace the student instruments (one of which was nearing 20 years old) they'd started with. They still have their instruments, but the car got passed down to each of them in turn until it was totaled in an accident. However, I got a somewhat nicer car (to drive to college) when the car was passed down, so I was not angry at all about that.

That car was worth more as scrap than as a car, but if they'd sold it and kept the money I'd have been livid. 

So the Godly Mentor who is telling people exactly how they should live and raise their children basically stole from her daughter and left her essentially homeless at the age of 18? 

WHY do people listen to Lori, again?

Because she's transparently terrible, and a liar to boot. I know she loves going viral, but if she keeps it up eventually there'll be an article about her telling the truth, and she's not going to come out on top, there. 

Sighs. Oh Lori, where do I even begin. First I am going to have a cup of coffee, while I am at my desk at work. Gasp. That's right Lori, I am at work. You know why?? I financially cannot be a stay at home mama. Single mama here. One day I will be able to stay at home. However Lori, I know myself pretty darn well. I know myself enough to know, that I have to be doing something to occupy my time. Yes chasing after a toddler is a lot of work, Being a parent can be hard. Yet its been rewarding. Hard and yet I wouldn't trade her for anyone or anything else in the world. Am I obsessed about my child? No. I love my daughter, and try my best. She'll know and knows I am not perfect (accidentally stepped on her hand when she first learned to crawl. Didn't see she was right behind me. She cried, I felt awful and cried with her. She got over it pretty fast but I still felt bad) , I will fail at times, but she will know she is loved dearly. I will raise her to the best of my ability.(Sorry for going off on a tangent) So once my babies (hope to have more one day) are in school and they will go to a public school (Double Gasp Lori), I will work part-time while running a household.

Newflash Lori, I know of stay at home moms who also work! They might work twice a week for a few hours. For them its to get some sanity back, or to just be able to get away for a few hours. Sorry fellow commentators, I'm not very good at wording what I am trying to say. (working on that)

Oh Lori, I make homemade meals every night of the week. I cook healthy, nutritious foods that I have found online, through blogs, and so on. My family rarely eats junk/fast food. Now I do admit during the holidays; we splurge a bit, but the rest of the year, homemade foods. So Lori Alexander, get off your high horse; learn some humility and volunteer and learn about other people from every walk of life. (Oh Lori, I am a Christian but I do not throw it in anyone's face nor do I ever force someone to believe what I do.)

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

Lori's lies, exaggerations, contradictions and hypocritical behavior are right there in black and white 

Yep, and since she started today's post with:

Can you point out the lies this woman is believing? 

I thought we'd play, "Can you point our the lies that LORI is telling?".

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Lori made the following humble brag on yesterday's Facebook doodle:

Yesterday:

share.PNG.eb6bfe737ff252532a12f0a7ccc2d38e.PNG

A Mercedes for her sons to share.  Okay.

Except:

grad.PNG.7d690d4f52a715c8db82584cf299f3f0.PNG

Interesting.  Lori says it was for her sons to share, but in 2016, she said her parents gave it to her daughter as a graduation present.

Now, bearing in mind that it was a present for Alyssa (which Lori decided to use for her sons), check out this post from 2015:

present.PNG.2234015a3e28240cf6bfc3417181932f.PNG

So now we have Lori selling (and pocketing) 5 grand on ALYSSA'S present!  

Lori, you and Ken have plenty of money!  Are you going to seriously tell me your daughter couldn't have used that money?!?  You sold what your parents gave her!!!

In yet another post in 2015, Lori wrote:

flat.thumb.PNG.1cfb4e8e27967b2b81403e34cdb93bc5.PNG

The above post is about Ryan and Steven.  Ryan was a mere 2 years younger than Alyssa.  When he was 16, she would have been 18 (which was when Lori claims Alyssa got the car).

Alyssa has posted on Instagram that left home at 18, with nothing but the clothes on her back and a suitcase.  In the post, she was basically thanking a friend for taking her in.

Alyssa wrote:

Her grandparents had *just* given her a car.  But you know what?  It seems that Lori took it for her sons.  Alyssa?  She was left at barely 18 years old, with nothing.

In 2014, Lori wrote:

new.thumb.PNG.0db9312709288810dc5efb5efdc7264a.PNG

In 2012, she wrote:

my.PNG.1cde14dbf6a47fa697417e31a0ac8ab1.PNG

That's right, it's HER gold Mercedes!

She continues:

great.PNG.855cf995dbc2bb40ccaaeee404cadfa1.PNG

Except it wasn't a car for your boys- it was a car for your daughter, and YOU (Lori) profited $5,000 from that gift!

Side note- Lori had been in possession of that car for many years when she sold it for $5000.  Imagine what it was worth when Alyssa first came into possession of it (probably 15 years prior).  She would have had a nice little starting out fund, if she'd been allowed to keep HER gift.

I have always suspected that Lori treated her sons far, far better than her daughters. 

It's always about her sons. Her sons were good at sports. Her sons drove a gold Mercedes. She homeschooled her sons in junior high.

If you follow the trail of Lori's homeschooling, you'll see they are quick to put the sons into private high school, but do everything they can to avoid private for the girls. Alyssa got no college education from them, Cassi got it on the cheap. The boys? Private high school and private college.

And the result? Alyssa seems to struggle to earn a living, Cassi is supported by her parents while her husband is in training.

As for that gold Mercedes. . . I think that Lori is telling us about it to show she is "poor." See? I'm just like you. Only got this crappy gold Mercedes for my kids. Yes, I know it's a Mercedes, but it's SLOW. 

Perhaps Alyssa did not need or want a car in MS, and probably the car could not make the trip. But that car should have sat there until she came back to California. It was hers to lend to her brothers, not Lori's to share.

I always suspected Grandma gave Alyssa the car because she knew how unhappy the girl was at home.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

This. Is. Enraging. 

It also reminds me of the kind of BS my mom used to pull. My grandmother gave my sister an emerald ring, and she gave me one made of a diamond cufflink that had been our grandfather's. Both rings were immediately confiscated because we were "too young" to appreciate them and to "keep them safe." Those rings have never re-appeared. After my mom died, I searched through her jewelry boxes, but they weren't there. They were nowhere to be found.

Anyway, this isn't about me, but it's one of those things that you might forgive, but you will never forget.

I'd really like to know what spite Lori has against Alyssa. It's clear that there's something -- she's publicly admitted to having issues with her daughter and has played favorites quite openly on top of all the pointed, passive-aggressive or just plain aggressive posts she aims at her eldest daughter. 

Lori's an abomination of a person.

Something about that Mercedes just irritates the living shit out of me. I don't know why, exactly...maybe it's the incredible privilege it smacks of? I mean, I was never given a car, period, much less a luxury car, regardless of its age. I didn't get a car til I had graduated from high school, and I had to pay for it ($600! All my graduation money!) and the insurance myself. It broke down within a year, and I bought a new car with my own money earned from an evil job. New as in a Pinto.  A fricking PINTO.* You know how much a stripped down, basic new Pinto cost in 1978? $3200. Monthly payment of $80.67. I drove that thing for a very looonnng time, with no AC, no radio til a friend installed a cheap one for me, and no power anything. A Mercedes was unheard of in my family's and my barely-scraping-by life in the 70s.

By the way, how did Lori manage to get $5000 for the Mercedes? If I recall correctly (and I might not), the limit was $3500 for that Obama-era deal. We used an old car of my in-laws' as a trade-in to get my daughter a dependable car as she was going away to college and I didn't want to have to worry she'd have a breakdown in the mountains between here and there. The old car was a 'luxury' car, too, but it was costing them so much money to keep running they decided it was best to get rid of it so they gifted it to us for the Obama deal (thank you, Mr President! :pb_smile: ).

*Actually, I wish I still had that Pinto. It was a great little car in spite of its lack of amenities! LOL

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived