IGNORED

Lori Alexander 59: The Oracle of California

1 minute ago, Lgirlrocks said:

C73E1733-ABB5-4D40-A2D2-6913874D1A74.thumb.jpeg.54c88ec092d76cffd0ca04e55cc406a3.jpeg 

Imagine not just being every possible kind of bigoted POS, but also being proud enough of it to proclaim it in a public FB bio.

Also, I realize I grew up in a church that was on the liberal side (one of the earliest LGBT-affirming churches in the province, for one thing), but all those -phobias and -isms are utterly incompatible with the Christianity I learned, and the Christ I used to read about would be appalled that anyone who claimed to follow Him could buy into that crap.  I feel like tables would be flipped and extremely pointed parables would be told.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll probably be sorry I asked,  and I'll feel really stupid if it's something so obvious I should have known, but...what does he mean by 'YT privileged' and 'YT supremacist?'

8 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I'll probably be sorry I asked,  and I'll feel really stupid if it's something so obvious I should have known, but...what does he mean by 'YT privileged' and 'YT supremacist?'

I think that is the "cool" way of saying "White" privileged and "White" supremacist?...

35 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

I think that is the "cool" way of saying "White" privileged and "White" supremacist?...

Ah, that makes sense. Well. no, it doesn't, nothing about that makes sense, but you know what I mean. Thank you. 

Ashley shares all the things she's gone through when it comes to relationships: abuse, death and cheating and this is how Lori responds? Making excuses? What's this woman supposed to do? Marry a third time? 

Also suggesting she run a day care is ridiculous. I looked into it a bit and many states have certain educational requirements; limits to how many kids a single person can watch; home inspections, CPR requirements etc. So unless she wants to hire someone, she most likely has to get an education. She also would probably be able to take in only six kids or less if she's also watching her own child. She'd also have to have the space for that many people in her home. So can we stop with the lame ass suggestions and just accept that some people have to work outside the home? 

But maybe I judge Lori's intentions to harshly, after all she's a very sweet woman who isn't trying to judge anyone. 

image.png

Not to mention the irony of "And it seems to me you want to try and justify women leaving their children in the care of others full time" combined in the same reply with "maybe run a daycare." :laughing-rolling:

PS--she's flogging her book yet again. :roll:

If someone binges or has another disordered eating issue, no, what other people do won't force them to change their behavior.  It may force it into hiding, though.  I go up and down on the weight scale due to pretty extreme binge eating when I'm in the throes of it.  I totally get that people think it's worse than shooting up or alcoholism. I am the cook in my household, and I prepare most household meals, and they are nutritious and healthy.  When I am morbidly obese, i am fat, not stupid, thanks.

It is actually pretty terrible to assume that a "good wife" could magically change her husband's binge habit or trim him down.  Could she be a good support as he was trying to cope in different ways?  Could she not complain if he changed his eating habits and supported him making changes (because it's not always easy for everyone else in the household)?  Yes.

9 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

So can we stop with the lame ass suggestions and just accept that some people have to work outside the home? 

Not to mention that working from home still takes one's attention off of the children, at least most WAH jobs do. It's usually not possible to work and take care of a bunch of kids at the same time.  

39 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Not to mention that working from home still takes one's attention off of the children, at least most WAH jobs do. It's usually not possible to work and take care of a bunch of kids at the same time.  

I work from home quite a bit and even the damn cats are a distraction. There's NO WAY I could work from home and have young kids at the same time. It was bad enough with a 9-11 year old when I was in college. 

But, Lori doesn't know shit from shinola when it comes to the world outside her little privileged bubble, complete with slimy salads and salmonella salad dressing. 

3 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

C73E1733-ABB5-4D40-A2D2-6913874D1A74.thumb.jpeg.54c88ec092d76cffd0ca04e55cc406a3.jpeg 

He forgot "asshole".  Because he should definitely get bonus points for that.  He puts a lot of work into it.

Congratulations, Lori.  This is your people.  You must be so proud.

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

But maybe I judge Lori's intentions to harshly, after all she's a very sweet woman who isn't trying to judge anyone. 

image.png

What was that @Ken was saying about how it was okay to be a working mom, and Lori totally understood?  Yeah.

And nope, you didn't misjudge her.  She's just as mean as she appears.

3 hours ago, FullOfGravy said:

Imagine not just being every possible kind of bigoted POS, but also being proud enough of it to proclaim it in a public FB bio.

Also, I realize I grew up in a church that was on the liberal side (one of the earliest LGBT-affirming churches in the province, for one thing), but all those -phobias and -isms are utterly incompatible with the Christianity I learned, and the Christ I used to read about would be appalled that anyone who claimed to follow Him could buy into that crap.  I feel like tables would be flipped and extremely pointed parables would be told.

I have messaged, emailed and written a comment about McGregor's FB profile numerous times to Lori and Ken. They have not done a damn thing about banning him and Lori happily engages with him on her TTW FB page. In my book I have no doubt that the Alexanders are complete racists, homophobic, white supremacist etc assholes.

On 12/16/2018 at 6:15 AM, Sarah92 said:

Haha is it time to start using that Google magic again? What was the phrase everyone was using about Ken? I think it might actually be how I found this page. 

I believe his typoed accusation was “goggle tactics” ;-D

5 hours ago, FullOfGravy said:

I am further dismayed that he has 8 "likes" on that description. 

And now I've got Sesame Street's "One of These Things Is Not Like the Others" running in my head...

Spoiler

4 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

A few people on facebook had comments about white privilege pulled up by Facebook, in which it was apparently the use of the word 'white' that was considered to be racist. Writing "YT" came from that, because people got very up in arms about how FB would remove comments such as that but did nothing about people commenting negatively about Islamophobia and the use of the N word.
I only know this from a teen/young adult advice group I am in, I hadn't seen it elsewhere until it began popping up in that.

12 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

John MacGregor inspires me to use a lot of words I wouldn't normally choose.  He's the one who went after Prudently At Home on TTW FB page, Lori deleted some of her comments, but left his for all to see.  

I went back to look at Lori's blog posts, and all of those comments from Prudently at Home appear to be gone - at least from the last couple of weeks. I didn't look too far back. I certainly don't agree with a lot of PoH's opinions, but she at least had the courage and conviction and decency to call John MacGregor out on being an asshole. I really hope that PoH will finally see (and won't be the only one to do so) Lori for the mean-spirited, mealy-mouthed fraud that she is.

My favourite comment at the moment from one of her leg-humpers is "The best thing keepers of the home can do is stay out of the workplace." ?‍♀️

I also had a look at the MacGregor FB page. I strongly suspect it's a troll but am no expert in these things.

8 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Some companies that allow working at home require you to have proof of childcare.

She's bragging about her book again.  She got a 5 star review, ya'll!  Of course it doesn't negate the SHIT TON of 1 star reviews, but so what?

"Kyle's" response:

ignore.PNG.0c034b829783994d334bb5233effa2e9.PNG

*sigh*  Let me fix that for you, Kyle:

Why doesn't Lori just ignore the feminists, and her problem goes away?

What doesn't Lori just ignore Sarah Young, and her problem goes away?

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/11/beware-of-jesus-calling.html

Why doesn't Lori just ignore Rachel Hollis, and her problem goes away?

https://thetransformedwife.com/she-loves-jesus-and-cusses-a-little/

Why doesn't Lori just ignore Beth Moore, and her problem goes away?

https://thetransformedwife.com/no-problem-with-beth-moore-being-the-president-of-the-sbc/

Why doesn't Lori just ignore Jen Hatmaker, and her problem goes away?

https://thetransformedwife.com/women-never-tell-lies/

Do you get it now Kyle, or shall I continue?  You see, I TOTALLY understand that Lori's  sheeple (of which you are one) get easily confused.  They think there are one set of rules for their foolish leader, and another for everyone else.  But life doesn't work that way.  Nope...because, as Lori (stupidly) pointed out to a reader last week, this is a free country.  And Lori?  As long as she publicly blogs and sells books on Amazon, she is opening herself up to public criticism.  She may not like it, but that's the way the ball bounces.

I know she (dumbly) thinks that she is being criticized because people have been "breathing the feminist air", and now "hate God Lori and His her perfect ways".  That's not the case, though.  People write negative reviews for Lori's book, because she's made it her mission in life to spread her hatred for women far and wide.  There are many other authors who write practically identical books.  The difference?  They aren't full of hatred like The Godly Mentor is, and they aren't purposefully cruel to people.  Because of that, their reviews are strikingly different that Lori's.

Don't believe me? 

First you have Lori:

review.PNG.bfbcffe1ba0c29d9d3fb1dc1ae98321e.PNG

And then we have everyone else:

2119533613_review1.thumb.PNG.ddae49102be54f6c2b6d72fc191db0f2.PNG496763895_review2.thumb.PNG.b696fe1afbab7dbc881bbddd0796cced.PNG86736005_review3.thumb.PNG.f44e5d2e71c7444729b083fc751b9ec7.PNG437688370_review4.PNG.f3b7dd8dd5fde5c1535a45d63c943a90.PNG

Just let me know when you spot the difference (and the hypocrisy that is Lori Alexander).  I'll be waiting...you know...while you fan girl all over Lori. :pb_rollseyes:

Dear God. Today's post is giving me intense flashbacks to my mother telling me a married woman can't work because "her husband is her boss and if she works for another person that person will be her boss and she can't have two bosses." What the hell is this shit. 

8 hours ago, Petronella said:

I believe his typoed accusation was “goggle tactics” ;-D

This is why I use Lori Alexander's complete name when commenting. Yay for SEO.

4 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

I went back to look at Lori's blog posts, and all of those comments from Prudently at Home appear to be gone - at least from the last couple of weeks. I didn't look too far back. I certainly don't agree with a lot of PoH's opinions, but she at least had the courage and conviction and decency to call John MacGregor out on being an asshole. I really hope that PoH will finally see (and won't be the only one to do so) Lori for the mean-spirited, mealy-mouthed fraud that she is.

I think she has. I've got a soft spot for Prudently, guess I can see some of myself from years ago, but that's another story.  

Here's something I just saw from Prudently.  Too bad Lori knows nothing about compassion for others.  

Updated to add another screenshot.  This woman is on a roll!  ❤️ 

0928374.jpg

9827134.jpg

10 hours ago, Tigerchild74 said:

If someone binges or has another disordered eating issue, no, what other people do won't force them to change their behavior.  It may force it into hiding, though.  I go up and down on the weight scale due to pretty extreme binge eating when I'm in the throes of it.  I totally get that people think it's worse than shooting up or alcoholism. I am the cook in my household, and I prepare most household meals, and they are nutritious and healthy.  When I am morbidly obese, i am fat, not stupid, thanks.

It is actually pretty terrible to assume that a "good wife" could magically change her husband's binge habit or trim him down.  Could she be a good support as he was trying to cope in different ways?  Could she not complain if he changed his eating habits and supported him making changes (because it's not always easy for everyone else in the household)?  Yes.

Thank you for saying this. My husband isn't a binge eater, but he's a heavy person. It is not my responsibility to make him thin. I can be supportive of healthy changes, but he's a grown-ass adult who makes his own choices as to whether he's going to eat veggies. Suggesting that spouses should "change" their significant other make me upset. We can't change other people. I love my husband just like he is, and I didn't marry him expecting him to magically shrink or something. 

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

Dear God. Today's post is giving me intense flashbacks to my mother telling me a married woman can't work because "her husband is her boss and if she works for another person that person will be her boss and she can't have two bosses." What the hell is this shit. 

I made it all the way through that post, even though it was difficult. She seems to find an endless supply of  extremists who try to write like they are uber-intellectuals/experts with their word salads in the same vein as the Ken Alexander School of Prose.  Of course, Lori thinks she a deep thinker, too. 

I wonder if Lori or Ken have googled that the journalist. The journalist is listed as being a member of board of directors for a domestic violence shelter/non-profit. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived