IGNORED

Lori Alexander 59: The Oracle of California

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, EowynW said:

She looks so hideous. She's aged so much since I first discovered her. 

her first ever YT video vs her newest one  

IMG_8423.PNG

IMG_8422.PNG

My mother is 84 and she looks very similar to the earlier Lori photo. I'd be very worried if she suddenly looked like the second one.

Not normally a quote woman, but this keeps running through my head when I read this thread:

554C417C-0A1A-4CE4-BFA0-DC66CF96909D.jpeg

So if y'all would send thoughts and prayers my family's way that would be wonderful. My dad got a weight loss surgery and was doing really great but was admitted to the hospital with a high heart rate and possible infection from a possible leak in the stomach sleeve. The doctors drained some fluid and couldn't find a leak so they're hoping it closed on its own. He's recovering well and the nurses sent us all home. But he may be there over the weekend. 

Also Lori just gained a lot of attention and what does she do with it? Continue to poke at controversial topics. As a Christian one of the first things I'd do was talk about Jesus and the Gospel. That's what it's about. How can she draw people closer to Christ when she doesn't talk about him? 

Related to her health, her pituitary gland stopped working (I think from radiation) and she doesn't have hormones she'd normally have. I may have botched that, but the health issue is real and something like that. On top of it, she is into restriction of food. She likes to restrict and have boundaries and be in control of her eating. She has written variations on all those phrases, and I think being young and skinny works, but when you're older being stick thin isn't as pretty. I am very sorry for her health problems. I wonder if and how they've affected her personality because she was a lot nicer on her old blog. The whole MRA influence is horrible. Nothing Christian about it. 

I despise what Lori stands for and who she associates with and most of what she writes, but this one specific video doesn’t seem that bad to me. She’s basically saying she was tempted by certain things when she was younger and is now glad she didn’t do them. *shrug*

As for her looking terrible, well so do I. I’m fat and my hair is fine and frizzy. I have great skin but a jowly jawline. Someone said their 80-year-old relative looks like Lori’s nicer “before” pic, and that is genuinely amazing, certainly not the norm. Growing older and looks fading is the norm.

I guess what I’m saying is—I loathe Lori as much as everyone else on this thread, but it always kind of weirds me out when comments are reflexively in attack mode no matter what is actually said. Is she vile and despicable? Yes. Was this specific video? Eh, not really.

14 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Sorry for the derail, but do you rinse it before or after you put on conditioner? 

Soap and other body cleaning products clean by emulsifying the soap with the layer of fat on your skin and taking the dirt with them on that way. But solid soap will leave most of the solid part of the dirt on the hair and that's why you need the rinse it with vinegar, to get rid of the residues. Our modern shampoos take that with them. The conditioner will give your hair some of the fat back, that you washed away with soap or shampoo, to make it soft and easier to comb after washing.

9 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

She's good on the fat, "slathers" butter on everything including soup.

And it's Godly $14 butter.

I'm not putting Lori down for aging, but the difference in the two videos is surprising.

If I saw Lori in person I would not recognize her as the same person as in her photos.  I do wonder if she's having health issues, but maybe it's just the natural aging process.

Also, as someone upthread said, she restricts her food.  Sometimes older folks appear unhealthy when they lose weight.  Steve Maxwell, who fasts often, also sometimes looks unhealthy to me. 

My mother is 74, 5'1" and barely weighs 95 lbs. She doesn't eat enough carbs or fat either. 

And she does not look like Lori. Not at all. She looks fantastic, frankly. She has beautiful skin, in fact. People typically guess her age around 15 years younger than she is.

You can be thin and older and even eat a bad diet and not look like hell like that woman.  Enough thin-shaming. 

Part of keeping your hair and skin healthy is a balanced diet.  That's what I liked about WeightWatchers.  You could eat "normal" food but in moderation.  The best shampoo and conditioner I've found for my thin, fine hair is Living Proof.  Expensive, yes, but worth it, especially since I color and highlight my hair.  I would splurge on good hair products way before organic butter.  Land 0' Lakes is just fine with me.  

I didn't mean to skinny shame.  I have lots of room for improvement.  I was just yipped at a bit yesterday by my NP about my weight and my blood glucose.  Here I go, back on to the Metformin and cutting back on the carbs.  Her words were "we don't want this to get ahead of us, so let's work on it now."

2 hours ago, kpmom said:

I'm not putting Lori down for aging, but the difference in the two videos is surprising.

Yes, this. I don't care what she looks like, but comparing earlier Lori to current Lori is really startling. I didn't check the dates - how long has it been between those videos? Because I'd guess at least 20 years based on the stills and I'm sure it's not nearly that long. I also worry that her health may be bad - some of her hypocrisy could maybe be signs of dementia, and I know for a fact my grandmother got meaner as her dementia progressed. I've been hoping for quite a while Ken will take notice and get her checked out.

Still, that does not excuse her being deliberately mean to her daughters, beating a toddler for hours for spilling "raisans", or any of the other harm she's done to so many people over the years. If she is developing dementia or having brain tumor related issues, Ken needs to get her help and get her off the internet before some family starves to death trying to live up to her expectations, or the rest of her family washes their hands of her completely.

She's been ugly on the inside for a long time, and now it's showing on the outside. If she's got health problems I hope she gets some help and is contained before she causes further damage to others. If she doesn't, however... I'm glad her outside is starting to match her personality.

The only thing that really stands out to me in the video is that she felt the need to ask Ken about not coloring her hair. She doesn't like coloring her hair and would like to stop.....so stop!  How nice of Ken to say she can stop at 65. What an ass!

I'm 49 and the grey is really starting to show. I call it natural highlights, my kids call it my unicorn hair.

14 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Only two??? Whoa...

Here's a pic I found on Always Learning, a 2013 Christmas photo, there's a dramatic difference.  

Of greater interest to me is how her tone has changed.  Back on AL she was still full of crap, but she was capable of a kind word now and then.  But now?  It's pure bitterness, no sweetness to be found.  I don't like to rag on someone's looks, and that's not my intent here.  We're all getting older, some of us don't age as well as others, but it seems that her bitchy attitude is aging her rapidly...or someone staked the vampire a few years ago, and she's just taking a while to crumble into dust.  

always learning christmas pic.jpg

11 minutes ago, KatBonD said:

I'm 49 and the grey is really starting to show. I call it natural highlights, my kids call it my unicorn hair.

My sisters and I call them Platinums. I have some on top, now, but not super obvious except in certain light. Other than that they are a different texture than my regular hair and stick straight up and out everywhere!

Based on my parents, I suspect I'll probably gray gradually, but one of my grandmothers had hair that went totally white, and she kept it in a pixie cut after a certain point. It was really pretty, and the pixie cut was an awesome change from the standard short curled-every-day hairstyle she had before. I'd love for my hair to go totally white eventually. Maybe I could dye it fun colors without having to bleach it first!

33 minutes ago, KatBonD said:

The only thing that really stands out to me in the video is that she felt the need to ask Ken about not coloring her hair. She doesn't like coloring her hair and would like to stop.....so stop!  How nice of Ken to say she can stop at 65. What an ass!

Mine started showing by 29. I will never apologize for coloring it. 

I started getting white hair when I was 28. My dad was full salt and pepper in his early twenties. I worked with a women who was maybe 40. She had dark brown hair and lots of random grey strands through her hair. It looked good on her. I wish I had that confidence. Bf says he doesn’t care if I die my hair or not. It’s whatever is going to make me happy.

6 hours ago, Petronella said:

Growing older and looks fading is the norm.

Nah, at 63 I am as attractive as ever. Had breakfast with three other 60 plus year old women the other day, all of whom looked great and we all have health issues. No work done by any of us. Check out the mother of Elon Musk, who models. It amounts to giving a damn. We are all black, which helps, I don't know if you have heard the phrase "black don't crack". I would post a picture but don't want to doxx myself.

Lori Alexander has embraced woo and I think that is to her detriment. She seems prone to poor health and has had many obscure ailments ( I have never known anyone with parasites). My 91 year old mother, when she was dying, looked better than Lori does currently. Truthfully, Lori Alexander's racism, misogyny, and hatefulness affects my ability to have sympathy for her, similar to how I feel about the orange menace. I also think Lori Alexander has used poor health as an excuse to be lazy and to be an exception to the rules she imposes on other women.

It would behoove Lori Alexander to get off the internet and attend to herself. I doubt that she will.

1 hour ago, KatBonD said:

How nice of Ken to say she can stop at 65.

Fuck Ken. Alexander. These controlling patriarchal assholes make me sick. How can woman married to these jerks stand it? I suspect there is a little dom/sub going on with Ken and Lori.

2 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Nah, at 63 I am as attractive as ever. Had breakfast with three other 60 plus year old women the other day, all of whom looked great and we all have health issues. No work done by any of us. Check out the mother of Elon Musk, who models. It amounts to giving a damn. We are all black, which helps, I don't know if you have heard the phrase "black don't crack". I would post a picture but don't want to doxx myself.

I find it weird that anyone would argue that it's not normal for looks to go downhill with age, especially with very old age, like 80. Not to say that people become "ugly" but, yes, sagging and drooping and wrinkling and greying are a thing (though perhaps not as much, or as soon, as you note, for people with darker skin). Some people may even improve with age, if they make lifestyle changes, or confidence changes, or do something drastic like lose a lot of weight or become more athletic. But that doesn't mean it isn't "normal" for looks to fade, compared to what they were when someone was younger, even if they are still very attractive.

Arguing that it's abnormal seems very very very bizarre to me.

My sister had intestinal parasites when we were kids. I remember she had to take a pill every day for a month. lol parasites DO happen and aren't all that uncommon, but I find it interesting that lori never discloses exactly what she had. 

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

Here's a pic I found on Always Learning, a 2013 Christmas photo, there's a dramatic difference.  

Of greater interest to me is how her tone has changed.  Back on AL she was still full of crap, but she was capable of a kind word now and then.  But now?  It's pure bitterness, no sweetness to be found.  I don't like to rag on someone's looks, and that's not my intent here.  We're all getting older, some of us don't age as well as others, but it seems that her bitchy attitude is aging her rapidly...or someone staked the vampire a few years ago, and she's just taking a while to crumble into dust.  

always learning christmas pic.jpg

I have to say it, that's a nice pic.  Lori looks pretty. Even Ken looks good.

17 minutes ago, Petronella said:

I find it weird that anyone would argue that it's not normal for looks to go downhill with age, especially with very old age, like 80.

I guess it's what you consider "downhill". No, an elderly person isn't going to look like a 25 year old but that is not my standard. There is beauty and attractiveness in every age bracket. I don't look like I did at 25 but yes I am still attractive even in a sexual way.

17 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Arguing that it's abnormal seems very very very bizarre to me.

I never said that. Read my comment again.  I'm not unaware, of course at 63 I know that aging is a thing. It affects more than just looks. I just don't think that women embracing the inevitability of looks going "downhill" is useful for women who are already judged so heavily on appearance.

12 minutes ago, EowynW said:

My sister had intestinal parasites when we were kids. I remember she had to take a pill every day for a month. lol parasites DO happen and aren't all that uncommon, but I find it interesting that lori never discloses exactly what she had. 

I am a born and bred city girl, so no, parasites were not common in my experience.

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Mine started showing by 29. I will never apologize for coloring it. 

Yep. Me too. I’m 54 now.  I always say if I die on a Thursday,  I’m coloring my hair Hair On  Wednesday ! Lol 

Seriously though, I do worry about my hair getting dry and brittle. So even though I do it myself I alternate between home coloring  and the every third time going to a salon in getting a deep conditioning treatment as well. I don’t want it to get all dried out and brittle looking

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived