IGNORED

Lori Alexander 59: The Oracle of California

It seems to me, Lori, that you are encouraging women to go against god's wishes when you seek out women doctors.  If you truly believe women should not work you should not be dealing with any women in the work force.

But, wait...that would be too inconvenient wouldn't it?  

You are such a hypocrite.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, I am just catching up.  Did she seriously say: 

"I noticed whenever I hugged the women down in...when I came down to San Diego, their breasts were kind of...hard..." *creepy laugh*

Lori, you are a pervert.   When you see grown women wearing thongs on the beach, you say you want to "paddle their bottoms".  NOW we find out you are feeling women's breasts when you hug them!?!  What the hell is wrong with you?  You're just gross.

And your recent Instagram?  You should be ashamed.  It's not modest or discreet.  It's vulgar- which I guess, is why you like it.

I've said it before.  I think Lori is ....confused.  She was in a huge rush to marry a guy - even one she admits she didn't love.  She popped out kids as proof she's a real woman, even denigrating her own daughter's fertility issues.  She obsesses over other women's bodies and finds all sorts of reasons to write about boobs, butts, thongs, and sex.  She writes that men see women's bodies and think blue thoughts but I'm wondering if Lori gets a little tingly when she's on the beach.

I would hazard a guess that when she went to college, she had an unrequited girl crush and wasn't quite sure what was going on in her head.  Hence, forty years later, ALL college is bad and dangerous and a path to perversion so sez Lori.  ALL women are meant to marry and  have children and nurse them.  If you do all of these things you are an official woman and don't have to worry about...being a little different... ya know... like maybe you're not really into that guy....or that guy..... or any of them maybe....... oh no!  Its only because God says you don't need to love your spouse, you just need to marry him and do whatever he says.  There!  Problem solved.

She's probably a little further along the preference spectrum than she is comfortable admitting.

20 minutes ago, cindyluvs24 said:

I've said it before.  I think Lori is ....confused.  She was in a huge rush to marry a guy - even one she admits she didn't love.  She popped out kids as proof she's a real woman, even denigrating her own daughter's fertility issues.  She obsesses over other women's bodies and finds all sorts of reasons to write about boobs, butts, thongs, and sex.  She writes that men see women's bodies and think blue thoughts but I'm wondering if Lori gets a little tingly when she's on the beach.

I would hazard a guess that when she went to college, she had an unrequited girl crush and wasn't quite sure what was going on in her head.  Hence, forty years later, ALL college is bad and dangerous and a path to perversion so sez Lori.

She's probably a little further along the preference spectrum than she is comfortable admitting.

I've suspected it myself not really because of the whole stereotype of "closet gay that's really homophobic to cover it up" but just how much attention she pays to other women and their bodies. I've heard guys harp on like she does but not many women unless I just haven't run into them. 

She doesn't seem comfortable with herself....whatever that self is.  And then she spews hateful crap onto others.  Not cool or godly IMHO.

4 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

I would hazard a guess that when she went to college, she had an unrequited girl crush and wasn't quite sure what was going on in her head.  Hence, forty years later, ALL college is bad and dangerous and a path to perversion so sez Lori.  ALL women are meant to marry and  have children and nurse them.  If you do all of these things you are an official woman and don't have to worry about...being a little different... ya know... like maybe you're not really into that guy....or that guy..... or any of them maybe....... oh no!  Its only because God says you don't need to love your spouse, you just need to marry him and do whatever he says.  There!  Problem solved.

I think she is extremely closeted, even to the point of not admitting it to herself.  She thinks it is wrong, even a sin.  Therefore, she will not ever admit or face what I suspect - which is that she is a lot further on the preference spectrum.  It's possible that she is Bi, but it's also possible that she is a lesbian but look! She married a man! She had his children!  She must be heterosexual, not that evil bi or gay! (I am not saying it's evil and I am bi, I'm just saying how I think she might feel. I don't want anyone to misunderstand what I'm saying.)

4 hours ago, Koala said:

And your recent Instagram?  You should be ashamed.  It's not modest or discreet.  It's vulgar- which I guess, is why you like it.

I don't see it; what is it?

2 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I don't see it; what is it?

It's a crude cartoon about gender identity.  Let me see if I can get it to show up here if you are unable to view her IG.

It's Opus the penguin and a couple of is friends, Bill the cat is one.  They are all wearing underpants and looking down inside their own underwear.  The caption is about how that ends gender confusion every time.  Because apparently it's all about genitalia. I think that possibly Berke Breathed copyrighted his cartoons and it could be reported so that it will be pulled.

@Beermeet, if you’re looking for wild’n’crazy non-bleach haircolor you can do at home, there’s one called Splat that I buy at CVS. It’s less than ten bucks. I use the version that lasts 30 shampoos and requires no bleach. The box shows how it winds up looking on various hair colors. On mine, the gray parts (mostly around my face) are bright teal, and the parts that are still dark brown show up much darker.

15 minutes ago, Hane said:

@Beermeet, if you’re looking for wild’n’crazy non-bleach haircolor you can do at home, there’s one called Splat that I buy at CVS. It’s less than ten bucks. I use the version that lasts 30 shampoos and requires no bleach. The box shows how it winds up looking on various hair colors. On mine, the gray parts (mostly around my face) are bright teal, and the parts that are still dark brown show up much darker.

I like the Splat bleach that comes in the color kits. But for color - if anyone is considering bright pink I highly recommend Special Effects Atomic Pink. I did mine on bleached hair over a year ago, and while it's not neon and black light reactive anymore, it's still a bright pink. And I don't baby it either. Hot showers, etc.  I think pink is the easiest color to keep. I mixed it half and half with conditioner and still have 2/3 bottle left. 

This talk of coloring hair fun colors makes me want to do it but my supervisor isn't a fan so she doesn't allow it, which is okay. But since I work with kiddos I'm pretty sure they'd love it if I had pink hair. But as someone with fine dark drown hair I'm afraid I'd fry it if I had to bleach it. But I've thought  a light pink or lavender would look really nice with my pale skin. Maybe I could try a wig? 

I’ve got anxiety/low self-esteem. But I’ve never really thought of myself as ugly. It’s more my personality that I worry about. Like there have been instances where I’ve wanted to befriend someone but my mind just goes “they wouldn’t wanna be friends with you you’re too weird”, “you’re too different personality-wise”, “you have nothing in common” and that kinda crap. I should make 2019 the year I do something about it. 

I have red hair, but not proper, orange, Rupert Grint-colour hair, more auburn/copper. Apparently it is very difficult to dye red hair. I’ve never had the inclination to, though. 

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

This talk of coloring hair fun colors makes me want to do it but my supervisor isn't a fan so she doesn't allow it, which is okay. But since I work with kiddos I'm pretty sure they'd love it if I had pink hair. But as someone with fine dark drown hair I'm afraid I'd fry it if I had to bleach it. But I've thought  a light pink or lavender would look really nice with my pale skin. Maybe I could try a wig? 

When my daughter turned 10, her birthday gift was purple hair- just on the bottom half. She has light brown hair that is very fine. It looked really pretty. She got it redone before school that year (she has a summer birthday)- she had the bottom half purple again and then added a blue streak from close to the root all the way down. That was about 15 months ago and the streak that was blue is still very light. The rest of her hair went back to the original color. 

A blogger I follow suggested color wow dreamcoat- I don’t have colored hair but tried it anyway. Holy cow- it really smooths the hair texture, makes it so soft, and lasts for three shampoos. And- it feels like I put nothing in my hair, so if I haven’t been to the gym or done anything that causes me to sweat, I can go without shampooing my hair everyday. For example- today I washed it but I won’t have to do it again until Tuesday,  if I want to wait that long. I use the hair tonic as well. 

1 minute ago, mango_fandango said:

I have red hair, but not proper, orange, Rupert Grint-colour hair, more auburn/copper. Apparently it is very difficult to dye red hair. I’ve never had the inclination to, though. 

I have auburn hair too- I’ve never heard that it is hard to dye. I have heard that it’s the hardest color to do to someone else and the hardest to maintain consistency. Growing up, a stylist that attended our church asked for a clipping of my hair because she wanted to replicate my color for a customer. It was creepy then and it’s crerpy now that I think of it. 

Red hair colors have the largest pigment so that's why it doesn't take in some people or it washes out faster than normal. Natural red hair holds its pigment tight tight, the cuticles don't open & accept the other colors as easily so you have to strip it first to get it to hold. (Way too many of my friends are cosmetologists)

I quit buying box color after I'd gone black for a couple years. It took my friend all afternoon & a lot of bleach to get that out of my hair. I go to Sally's Beauty Supply & get the various components & do it at home. Box colors have a lot of metallic in them so the color sticks. I tend to keep my hair pixie short so I've gotten fussed at plenty for home dye jobs. 

I'm terrified of aging. I'm horribly vain & have had a hard time accepting my 40's. I cling to Cobain's adage: "I'd rather burn out than fade away". If I can be half as lively as my mom at her age...I think I'll be happy. She's 71, but she didn't get the memo.... definitely not the cute gramma who rocks & knits. 

Now I'm fuming.

6 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

She posted it on Facebook a long time ago.5682B469-63B8-4FDA-8DB3-54273B7D0FA7.thumb.png.147fd84325e0cfd093c4d1fce687be7c.png

That doesn't even begin to touch on the real issue. All it does is confirm that Lori is narrow-minded and ignorant. I need to say up front that I've never had any kind of identity issue related to my gender, and can't speak from any kind of direct experience. But, I do have friends and family dealing with children whose bodies don't match their idea of who they really are. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to grow up in a body that feels wrong.

Asking a small child to check out what's in their pants will do nothing other than tell them what's in their pants.

Asking any child/youth with a gender identity issue to look in their pants is infantilising and condescending and damaging. Imagine having the soul of a boy but the body of a girl, and vice versa. Then imagine having the Gorgon of California (Fuck this Oracle stuff, she's got no idea) tell you that your genitalia is the only part of your body that counts, and that what you feel, and need, and are, is of no consequence.

FJ rules are very firm about speculation on fundie sexual orientation and I agree 100% with this. I have my own private speculations though, and it makes me feel heartsick to think of the damage done to people Lori might influence with vile rubbish like this. I think of the fundies we snark on, or people whose experiences make them be too scared or shamed or fearful of living their real lives with their real preferences. 

Uggh.... I can't even.

I had a thought that is kinda a rabbit trail but wanted to get it down because this weekend has been busy. I don't buy for a minute Lori pretending to be innocent of quoting racists and stuff because "I just use quotes that I like but don't agree with everything  and I want to show atheists who speak the truth better than preachers". I call bullshit. I'm not saying atheists can't be quoted because they don't ever speak the truth, not at all. But of all the people she could pick, she consistently quotes people who have ties to racism, conspiracy theories, are red pills, or MGTOW etc. I can guarantee that there are individuals who believe similar to her about feminism and such that aren't this off the wall. I might for example agree with this Stephen Molyneux that the sky is blue but common sense and discernment says quote someone else that is less controversial. 

What her quoting these people tell me: that this is the type of stuff she spends her time reading. These are the types of people she's actively seeking out. Whether she fully agrees with them or not she continues to promote them just by using their name and entertaining the people in her comment section rather than deleting them. She isn't innocent and knows exactly what she's doing. It's wrong, so very wrong. She's blaspheming and taking the name of God in vain by claiming that what she does is for Christianity and to glorify God. She's also harming people by not only pointing people to these guys but also just being so down right cruel. 

Okay rant over. But prediction, in the next few days she'll post something super controversial again. Her comment section has significantly died down to her normal rate and I have a feeling she'll want more attention. 

It will be interesting to see what she chooses to post about on Christmas Day. Will she post a generic Christmas greeting and stay away from the internet for the rest of the day? Or will she ignore the day's significance and post on a couple of her usual topics with a new YouTube on the side? I'm leaning towards the latter; I have a feeling she may have alienated some of her family to the point where she isn't going to have much of anything else to do that day but hang out online.

The Oracle's Court Jester, KB Davies, has chimed in...

"Equal Rights", as laudable an idea it seems to be, is satanic and birthed in the pit of Hell itself.

Like every thing from the Father of Lies, the concept of "equality" or "equal rights" is a lie. This is why you only find women demanding equal rights in the areas that benefit and suits them, whilst remaining strangely silent in the ones that don't.

KB, I have the right to call you a misogynistic fool.  

In my best Dolly Parton voice, "Lori, you and your followers are sexist, hypocritical, lying, egotistical, bigots."

Remaining silent in the ones that don't benefit us? What does that mean? I've heard plenty of feminists advocate for same jail sentences for similar crimes. Idk what else are we supposed to advocate for. And really he acts like that's some grand problem only experienced by feminists. How many non-feminists  advocate for things that wouldn't benefit them? Human nature and all that. Not to excuse it but he can't pretend like it's just something we as feminists might have. 

And if we're to get biblical, I'm sure pretty equality is a concept from God not the "Father of lies" Satan. John 3:16 and various commands to love others as yourself and all that Jazz. But I forget, the verses aren't part of their arsenal of verses that support their very limited views. 

I woke up grumpy so I feel like throwing shade today. 

3 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I had a thought that is kinda a rabbit trail but wanted to get it down because this weekend has been busy. I don't buy for a minute Lori pretending to be innocent of quoting racists and stuff because "I just use quotes that I like but don't agree with everything  and I want to show atheists who speak the truth better than preachers". I call bullshit. I'm not saying atheists can't be quoted because they don't ever speak the truth, not at all. But of all the people she could pick, she consistently quotes people who have ties to racism, conspiracy theories, are red pills, or MGTOW etc. I can guarantee that there are individuals who believe similar to her about feminism and such that aren't this off the wall. I might for example agree with this Stephen Molyneux that the sky is blue but common sense and discernment says quote someone else that is less controversial. 

What her quoting these people tell me: that this is the type of stuff she spends her time reading. These are the types of people she's actively seeking out. Whether she fully agrees with them or not she continues to promote them just by using their name and entertaining the people in her comment section rather than deleting them. She isn't innocent and knows exactly what she's doing. It's wrong, so very wrong. She's blaspheming and taking the name of God in vain by claiming that what she does is for Christianity and to glorify God. She's also harming people by not only pointing people to these guys but also just being so down right cruel. 

You are 100% correct. The proof of this is that she never quotes Jen Hatmaker, Sarah Young, or any of the other high-profile women writers she's railed against. She also doesn't ever quote liberal male Christians even when their beliefs align because she doesn't want to promote them and their other beliefs. The fact that she has no problem directing her readers to racists and misogynists should tell them exactly what kind of person she is. 

10 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Gorgon of California

Hilarious. 

Thank you.

@Katzchen24, I am thinking Kraken of California works for me, too, since she lives by the sea.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived