IGNORED

Alyssa & John 2: Getting By on Their Looks and Fashion Sense

HerNameIsBuffy

Awana also has a female CEO. It's still very very conservative but it's not like ATI where only men are in charge. 

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did Awana off and on as a kid. I remember it as a pretty generic Sunday school type activity. I remember liking it a lot better than the VBS stuff that would be offered in the summer. Awana often involved actually reading the Bible and talking about it vs just doing skits and praying. I was also older when I started going though. Most of my Awana time was between ages 10-14 so 2007-2011 roughly. 

Let's cross our fingers for no special announcement at Zoey's party.

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Let's cross our fingers for no special announcement at Zoey's party.

This.  Alyssa carries so tiny she could be 5 months along by now and we'd never know. 

One of my baby cousins was born with ears like that. He was the cutest baby ever. 

Zoey looks like she's up to no good. Her eyes are mischievous. 

Oke this is completely random and I am seriously not trying to be mean. I am from Europe, what is up with some guys in the US wearing jeans/pants that are just...too big? Is that a particular style..?

They make a very cute couple and their 3 girls are cute as well.

8 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

Oke this is completely random and I am seriously not trying to be mean. I am from Europe, what is up with some guys in the US wearing jeans/pants that are just...too big? Is that a particular style..?

John’s jeans in the family photo look fine to me, but I’m American. They are not skinny jeans; maybe that’s the style you’re used to? Those are mostly worn by younger and thinner people here. The larger style for men is affectionately known as “dad jeans.”

18 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

Looks to me that John is dressed for his job, which requires stooping, kneeling, crawling, lifting, etc. It might be more comfortable for him to wear roomy jeans.  I see what you mean about them being big, but around here (central USA) I see a lot of jeans like that, especially on worker men.

2 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

I know exactly what you mean. I am from Europe too. Men aren’t wearing skinny jeans here either (at least not the large majority) but the jeans/pants are definitely more fitting. Obviously it’s different if people wear a uniform or need large freedom of movement but apart from that I always feel like the pants are too loose (especially around the butt). For our Fundies- It is very prominent in their wedding pictures as I always think their suits are very ill fitting. 

But then, most people don’t wear sweat pants outside their home or gym here either. It’s probably just a different standard/ preference.

5 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

He can't wear his jeans too tight and risk lessening the size of his quiver.

I go through life wanting so badly to tailor people, especially these men with their sad drooping pants. 

I understand about him needing freedom of movement at work, but he could also have non-work trousers that fit well for photos. 

People should always do what they like, of course, with their own possessions.

I've never heard of Awana before but I immediately thought of a TV show I used to watch - Salute Your Shorts.

"Camp Anawanna, we hold you in our hearts..."

Yeah, Awana has been around for a long time. I'm 41 and was in Awana when I was very little. I don't remember much about it but I do remember I loved it. 

Regarding Zoey's birthday post from Kelly, it sounds a bit passive agressive to me. Or even sad. It surprises me that Kelly is so worried because Zoey doesn't care about grandma. It's absolutely normal that a 1 year old ignores people who rarely sees. Kelly should understand that those grandkids who live far won't be so close to her as the grandkids who live in her same town. It doesn't mean there's no love, but relationships grow easier when people can see each other often. Anyway, when you have more than 10 grandkids, of course not all of them will be identical, some will be more affectionated than others. 

Anyway, she has still 5 young children of her own. She is playing the grandma role, but it seems she has forgotten how to be a mother. 

24 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Regarding Zoey's birthday post from Kelly, it sounds a bit passive agressive to me. Or even sad. It surprises me that Kelly is so worried because Zoey doesn't care about grandma. It's absolutely normal that a 1 year old ignores people who rarely sees. Kelly should understand that those grandkids who live far won't be so close to her as the grandkids who live in her same town. It doesn't mean there's no love, but relationships grow easier when people can see each other often. Anyway, when you have more than 10 grandkids, of course not all of them will be identical, some will be more affectionated than others. 

Anyway, she has still 5 young children of her own. She is playing the grandma role, but it seems she has forgotten how to be a mother. 

Its sad that she's so worried about being ignored by Zoey, while she ignores her own children. I still wonder what her youngest kids think about how much she seems to do with her grandchildren then she does with them. Like playing games when they were watching Erin's kids. If Carson and Brooklyn hadn't been there is there any doubt whether they'd be playing games with Jed and Judson?       

I think Kelly already was in grandma mode with Callie, Jeb and Judson. But the children between Katie and them seem to be the forgotten ones.

7 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Its sad that she's so worried about being ignored by Zoey, while she ignores her own children. I still wonder what her youngest kids think about how much she seems to do with her grandchildren then she does with them. Like playing games when they were watching Erin's kids. If Carson and Brooklyn hadn't been there is there any doubt whether they'd be playing games with Jed and Judson?       

On the episode with Bradley’s 1st Birthday, Kelly spent “so much money” at the consignment shop for toys and clothes for Bradley. I wonder if any of her own little kids, that still play with toys, were jealous that their nephew got more presents than they ever have from their mom. 

8 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think she has checked out as a mother years ago. And now that Michael is getting be to TN she will care even less about the younger ones at home.

It looks like the girls had a lot of fun at Zoey's party.  And no announcement yet!

I don't have anything to snark on here. I think it was really nice that all three girls got to be unicorns and were included in the festivities. 

4 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

It looks like the girls had a lot of fun at Zoey's party.  And no announcement yet!

In the second picture is amazing how much Allie looks like Kelly. She is a mini-me.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived