IGNORED

Alyssa & John 2: Getting By on Their Looks and Fashion Sense

HerNameIsBuffy

10 hours ago, Hisey said:

The baby would be in the street long before she could get them off.

Again, that's her choice. Alyssa does a lot of things I don't like, but she can wear whatever shoes she wants. And I can dislike them (and even think them impractical). People who are emotionally healthy will not feel threatened by my opinion. They'll just think it's mine. 

It's clear you feel stilettos are perfectly practical for chasing toddlers. And you want to defend that view to the death. Go ahead, that's a great hill to die on. Most women I know feel they are faster in flats than they are in stilettos. I understand, though, that you are the exception.

I chased toddlers in high heels for years, and no one died in the street.  Hope that helps. 

There's so much to hate on Alyssa for that is actually substantive.  Focusing on her shoes and putting bows in her kids' hair is kind of overkill.  

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

I chased toddlers in high heels for years, and no one died in the street.  Hope that helps. 

There's so much to hate on Alyssa for that is actually substantive.  Focusing on her shoes and putting bows in her kids' hair is kind of overkill.  

Why focus on the harmful things that matter when one can harp on inconsequential superficial shit?

1 hour ago, QuiverDance said:

I don't know why this is so funny to me, but you made me audibly laugh.

Also, if you're ever on a "Real Housewives" franchise, I think you've found your tagline...

4 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I don't know why this is so funny to me, but you made me audibly laugh.

Also, if you're ever on a "Real Housewives" franchise, I think you've found your tagline...

Finally!  My sarcasm came through on the internet in the way it was intended.  

On 3/12/2019 at 8:40 AM, lumpentheologie said:

Yep, I used to be all about heels, I loved them, had 40+ pairs, could run in them, bike in them, dance all night, etc.  Then I got bunions and now I'm down to a handful of pairs that I wear maybe once a month.  

Concussion for me. I was always good on heels. But once I had my concussion a few years ago, I can't wear them very comfortably. I try but it's a task.

Is it even a Sunday if the Webster’s don’t post a photo showing off their coordinating church clothes.

Enough already... :smiley-signs131:

1 hour ago, Seculardaisy said:

Is it even a Sunday if the Webster’s don’t post a photo showing off their coordinating church clothes.

That actually did run through my head yesterday. 

Though I did have the positive (general thought) That it does make for nice time line of photos to show them (not just  the Websters, but anyone) growing and changing. Every Sunday, every week. It would be good if they could do it up against the same wall with some kind of 'marker' to compare they girls growth. 

2 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

I know I'm ancient, but I 'm not crazy about  so much dark colored clothing on kids.  

6 hours ago, Granwych said:

I know I'm ancient, but I 'm not crazy about  so much dark colored clothing on kids.  

Interesting, I had no idea this was a thing.  I always figured dark colors on kids were practical, as they would show dirt and stains less. 

I also dress in mostly black, gray, and navy myself, so I'd probably dress a child the same way, just cause I like those colors. 

5 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Interesting, I had no idea this was a thing.  I always figured dark colors on kids were practical, as they would show dirt and stains less. 

I also dress in mostly black, gray, and navy myself, so I'd probably dress a child the same way, just cause I like those colors. 

I'm BEC (and maybe old fashioned) but while navy blue looks ok on kids, black is really a hard colour. In my opinion, black clothes somehow hide children beauty. Black works with modern clothes matched with bright ones, but kids in black smart outfits look victorian and sad. No offense please!!! Just my point of view 

Anyway, I have bad news for you. Gray, navy blue or even black clothes can show dirt and stains. Oil-based stains especially. And black/navy blue clothes get really dirty with the floors dust or playground sand. After 2 kids of my own, the only *clean looking no matter what* clothes are grey and dark blue jeans. 

I expect someone unfamiliar with the sartorial customs of the Victorian era would remain unaware that others find their children sad-looking in black clothing, and thus would not be offended. 

But after six kids of my own, I still have a somewhat contrary nature regarding such matters and others like when to eat what at a wedding.

13 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

My kids wore a lot of black and grey when they were little. I mixed in some other colors too but I like black and tend to gravitate toward it. It must have rubbed off on the kids because all three wear a lot of black or dark colors and have since they were 2-3ish and started picking their own clothing. 

I also hate white. Like really hate it. I had to buy a white dress shirt for my son recently and I cringed but it is a required dress code thing for an event at school so not option of choosing something different. 

On 3/19/2019 at 11:59 AM, Seculardaisy said:

Alyssa must have a hell of a collection of nice family pictures though. I'm lucky if I have maybe four. This thread title suits them well lol

Holy shit, nearly dropped my phone. I thought she was in a tankini for a minute. I don’t play any of there things with sound. Her voice irritates me. 

Spruke all you like for the money. Just like I said on the Anna Duggar thread (I think it was) Kate Hudson is not some one you would support or condone but you will take the money. Stick to chick a filla (however it’s spelt) and your anti abortion rallies. 

Now that my BEC is over. Hate her, she does look good in them. Lol 

BDEE541A-A69F-4B67-8245-03E0F2467450.png

12 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Holy shit, nearly dropped my phone. I thought she was in a tankini for a minute. I don’t play any of there things with sound. Her voice irritates me. 

Spruke all you like for the money. Just like I said on the Anna Duggar thread (I think it was) Kate Hudson is not some one you would support or condone but you will take the money. Stick to chick a filla (however it’s spelt) and your anti abortion rallies. 

Now that my BEC is over. Hate her, she does look good in them. Lol 

BDEE541A-A69F-4B67-8245-03E0F2467450.png

I thought she was naked from the top down. I don’t think that look is very flattering on anyone. Maybe she needed better lighting to make them not look so flesh colored?

14 minutes ago, Mrs.Right said:

I thought she was naked from the top down. I don’t think that look is very flattering on anyone. Maybe she needed better lighting to make them not look so flesh colored?

Agreed. But the rest of her stuff did look good. ?‍♀️ I have to give her that 

1 hour ago, Mrs.Right said:

Yeah...those are not the color of leggings any light-skinned person should be wearing. Unless you want to make everyone do a double take. 

It looks like she's going full Winnie the Pooh at first glance. Not a good choice :pb_lol: 

I'm honestly so surprised she's in leggings, even fundie-lite / conservative christians constantly remind us "LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS" "NEVER WEAR LEGGINGS" "ONLY WEAR TUNICS OVER LEGGINGS" etc. 

Leggings are like the ultimate modest taboo, besides bikinis (Which I'm pretty sure she wore on their cruise anyway). 

It just weirds me out how she's picking and choosing what tenants from her childhood to keep and which ones to swing a full 180 degrees on. 

On 3/20/2019 at 5:41 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Agreed. But the rest of her stuff did look good. ?‍♀️ I have to give her that 

I love the top she’s wearing and would buy one myself if I knew I would look that fab in it. 

On 3/20/2019 at 5:26 PM, Mrs.Right said:

top down.

Oy vey! From the bottom down. I didn’t mean to imply she looked completely naked! Ya’ll know what I was going for! 

Alyssa is haveing really impressive shoe collection there ? 

But are these shoes in a bedroom? Becouse girls are playing allaround and it seems like a room.

Screenshot_20190322-130825.png

I'm reminded of people I knew when I was a child who grew up during the Depression, with their collections of sandwich bread bags, twist ties, rubber bands, margarine containers, etc. 

19 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

Leggings are like the ultimate modest taboo, besides bikinis (Which I'm pretty sure she wore on their cruise anyway). 

I've seen people wear tights as pants, which made me do a double take.  I kinda thought that's what Alyssa was doing at first.  

I guess I don't think of leggings as pants as that "immodest" though, I do it on a regular basis, and I wouldn't wear a bikini or a crop top or super short shorts.  (Not because I think they're wrong, I'm just not comfortable in them.)

20 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

I'm honestly so surprised she's in leggings, even fundie-lite / conservative christians constantly remind us "LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS" "NEVER WEAR LEGGINGS" "ONLY WEAR TUNICS OVER LEGGINGS" etc. 

Ooh, don't forget yoga pants! A few years ago, you could've filled a book with sanctimonious blog posts by fundie mommy-bloggers with titles like "Why My Daughters Will Never Wear A Single Pant" and paragraphs of anecdotes about how wearing jeggings will cause men to commit adultery and damn their souls to hell.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived