IGNORED

Alyssa & John 2: Getting By on Their Looks and Fashion Sense

HerNameIsBuffy

11 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Ooh, don't forget yoga pants! A few years ago, you could've filled a book with sanctimonious blog posts by fundie mommy-bloggers with titles like "Why My Daughters Will Never Wear A Single Pant" and paragraphs of anecdotes about how wearing jeggings will cause men to commit adultery and damn their souls to hell.

Some people have sad lives. 

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Some people have sad lives. 

Exhibit A:  Lori Alexander, who is a monster.

On 3/22/2019 at 7:51 AM, kmachete14 said:

It just weirds me out how she's picking and choosing what tenants from her childhood to keep and which ones to swing a full 180 degrees on. 

We all do that, it's part of becoming an adult so not overly snarkworthy. 

I’m a shoe addict and I’m impressed with her shoe collection.  I guess I always figured she had a lot though,  because she doesn’t seem to repeat them.  

How many think this is going to answer everything we’ve been wanting to know?

She won't answer any hard questions. Nope. Not a chance. She will just block everybody except the leg humpers.

Why would she answer questions? Granted I haven’t watched her video yet but I assume that she will just use it to make some money with sponsored content and maybe some extra videos like beauty and sport routines to build up a following. 

I probably watch it via hooktube so she doesn’t get my view- if hooktube still works like that.

Technically, she could do with BuB what she now promises to do with her YouTube channel. She could talk about her daily llife, address topics viewers are concerned about (e.g. organizing, family planning, etc.) and use it to allow people to actually get to know her better. It’s not like she doesn’t have a big forum already. I’m honestly wondering why she chose YT regardless... hoping for yet another source of income? I’m not sure... 

41 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Why would she answer questions? Granted I haven’t watched her video yet but I assume that she will just use it to make some money with sponsored content and maybe some extra videos like beauty and sport routines to build up a following. 

I probably watch it via hooktube so she doesn’t get my view- if hooktube still works like that.

She did talk about wanting to answer all questions from her Instagram account. Granted that’s an exaggeration, she already mentioned the number of children she’ll have. I really don’t know what to expect in terms of transparency so I’m curious. 

50 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

In the video she says she will answer all questions in the next weeks, about homeschooling, how many kids she wants, etc

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

Technically, she could do with BuB what she now promises to do with her YouTube channel. She could talk about her daily llife, address topics viewers are concerned about (e.g. organizing, family planning, etc.) and use it to allow people to actually get to know her better. It’s not like she doesn’t have a big forum already. I’m honestly wondering why she chose YT regardless... hoping for yet another source of income? I’m not sure... 

She did talk about wanting to answer all questions from her Instagram account. Granted that’s an exaggeration, she already mentioned the number of children she’ll have. I really don’t know what to expect in terms of transparency so I’m curious. 

1 hour ago, llucie said:

In the video she says she will answer all questions in the next weeks, about homeschooling, how many kids she wants, etc

Thanks. Interesting that she actually wants to answer questions. But I wouldn’t be too hopeful. The most I see is that she might be out of IBLP but still the normal Fundie. If I could dream than maybe conservative Christian but I just don’t see it. 

I agree that she could adress all this in her instagram. But it’s a smart move in her position to start her channel like that. It’s going to be interesting if she carves our a career on YouTube. Most really successful YouTubers started long ago when this line of work was unheard of.

She seems to be a lot more animated here than I've seen her on some of her insta stories.  And she doesn't come off as fundie at all.  Not one mention of Jesus, she implies she's willing to talk about how many kids she plans to have and if she's going to send her kids to school. If I didn't know her I'd think she's just a relatively conservative Christian mommy Youtuber. 

I'm sure she got the channel so she can make money on it. She'll start doing sponsored videos here and she can make quite a bit of money on that if she has a big following. I'm curious to see if she just totally hides the fundie to appeal to a wider audience. 

The camera quality seems good and the ideas she has for the channel are ok and consistent with what most mommy vloggers do. Its true that youtube is very competitive for people that start now, but she has the advantage of already having a following (236k on instagram). She is not starting from 0 so it will be easier for her.

To be honest i always found Alyssa too serious and although there is nothing wrong with that most sucessful youtubers do have a bubbly personality. For example someone like Carlin, or even Erin i think would be better suited for it.

Also youtubers do get a lot of critizism and i wonder if she is ready for that since she is known for deleting comments she doesnt like on insta and replying to haters...

On 3/19/2019 at 11:10 AM, Melissa1977 said:

I'm BEC (and maybe old fashioned) but while navy blue looks ok on kids, black is really a hard colour. In my opinion, black clothes somehow hide children beauty. Black works with modern clothes matched with bright ones, but kids in black smart outfits look victorian and sad. No offense please!!! Just my point of view 

Anyway, I have bad news for you. Gray, navy blue or even black clothes can show dirt and stains. Oil-based stains especially. And black/navy blue clothes get really dirty with the floors dust or playground sand. After 2 kids of my own, the only *clean looking no matter what* clothes are grey and dark blue jeans. 

Black clothing on kids does remind me of Victorian street waifs and child laborers.   

I think with the announcement of the other girls starting a boutique she can't let them be outdone. Plus she's already got a thing going with sponsors and promotions so YouTube is just another avenue to reach people. 

4 hours ago, LillyP said:

I think with the announcement of the other girls starting a boutique she can't let them be outdone. Plus she's already got a thing going with sponsors and promotions so YouTube is just another avenue to reach people. 

Her fashion sense and (rumored possible aptness with some numbers) are her assets. I think it might be galling that the sisters are attempting this boutique idea.

Whitney and Carlin are well-dressed but she's a step ahead (imo). Erin is figuring out her style just like her home decor.

Not that any of them are truly qualified for this. But I would rather shop in a store where Alyssa has curated merchandise. She has an eye.

Fundies really need to sign up with Grammarly, SOOO much misspelling. I use it and it helps me correct while I'm writing. Love it!

2 hours ago, roadkill_deity said:

"Maskarade night" 

SOTDRT strikes again.

Screenshot_20190325-013109.png

Looks like Allie is doing Awana, which is a ministry for children.  I think she'd go once a week to a preschool-like program.  Their curriculum seems to focus heavily on memorizing bible verses and the Pledge of Allegiance, so I guess that's where she learned to do that.  (https://cc-awana.weebly.com/cubbies-3-4-yr-olds.html)

At least she gets to do stuff with other kids her own age and gets to meet people outside of the family. I feel like the Duggars would never send their little kids to something like this, where they're being instructed by people other than parents. I wonder if this might indicate a willingness to consider a Christian school at some point.  I certainly hope so. 

I won the spelling bee in school every year and I don't get worked up over her dumb misspellings. They're fairly ordinary. If she was always using the wrong there, like half the internet, I still don't think it would be due to her schooling. People are terrible at spelling. 

When you think about it, "maskarade" is kind of cute, though sadly what it signifies is someone who hasn't read a lot of books. Most of us here know how to spell offbeat words because we read a lot. But I know there are other people here like me who sometimes pronounce a word wrong because we've seen it only in print.

It might be fun to discuss the excuse for debauchery that masquerades tended to be designed for in centuries past. ?

A youtube channel? Can't wait til one of her viewers asks for her thoughts on the situation at the southern border. And then asks which way south is.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived