IGNORED

Maxwell 26: The Toothbrush Thing Is Real

HerNameIsBuffy

Anna's times between pregnancies are kind of all over the place: first 19.6 months after marriage to Joshua and 20.9 months between Joshua and Ruthanne, which are pretty decent lengths. But then 13.9 months between Ruthanne and Lydia and 15.7 months between Lydia and Daniel, which are fairly quick. Then she went back to a longer time of 19.9 months between Daniel and Elizabeth.

Lydia is 9 months, so if Anna is not pregnant right now, she probably will be by the beginning of the year. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How old is Benjamin? Can we assume Melanie is done? I hope they chose the name Benjamin because they were sure he was going to be the last one. But at Melanie's age, one more kid is still possible.

NR Anna is probably pregnant, she's a clock. Which is so sad. That tight schedule, those rigid routines, the (often) uncomfortable clothes for the girls, how they make an idol of their eldest SON and how his intelligence is being redirected to biblical memorisation. What a joyless family. And yet there are worse households in fundieland!

10 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

How old is Benjamin? Can we assume Melanie is done? I hope they chose the name Benjamin because they were sure he was going to be the last one. But at Melanie's age, one more kid is still possible.

NR Anna is probably pregnant, she's a clock. Which is so sad. That tight schedule, those rigid routines, the (often) uncomfortable clothes for the girls, how they make an idol of their eldest SON and how his intelligence is being redirected to biblical memorisation. What a joyless family. And yet there are worse households in fundieland!

Benjamin is 21 months, he’ll be 2 next February.

Y’all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ll be so glad when this ‘You guys!!!!!!!! And ‘Y’all!!!!!!!!! ‘ beginning  to posts on blogs and Facebook fad goes away. 

Is shows Terie posting the NR Anna cookie making post, but that sure sounds like Sarah. 

Those poor little girls having to bake in those big, bulky dresses. Why can’t they wear pjs while baking cookies???

19 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

Y’all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ll be so glad when this ‘You guys!!!!!!!! And ‘Y’all!!!!!!!!! ‘ beginning  to posts on blogs and Facebook fad goes away. 

Is shows Terie posting the NR Anna cookie making post, but that sure sounds like Sarah. 

Those poor little girls having to bake in those big, bulky dresses. Why can’t they wear pjs while baking cookies???

I live in the south but grew up in the midwest, and sometimes I feel weird saying "y'all." Sarah, you're from Kansas. Come on, girl. 

13 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I live in the south but grew up in the midwest, and sometimes I feel weird saying "y'all." Sarah, you're from Kansas. Come on, girl. 

I grew up in St Louis but live in the Ozarks: a lot of people say "y'all" here, including me, but it definitely starts sounding weird a couple hundred miles north! On the other hand, my husband tells me that some people on the East Coast say "yinz," which just makes me shiver all over...no offense meant to all y'all Eastern folks :laughing-rollingred:. I probably aggravate people with my y'allllling sometimes. 

I think if Melanie doesn't get pregnant within the next 6 months, then she'll officially be done. She's 43, it's possible but highly unlikely. 

@Lisafer, “yinz” is a Pennsylvania concoction, and not even applicable to all of Pennsylvania. Ex-Mr.-Hane-#2 was from central PA, and I never heard him or any of his relatives say it (thank God).

Mods, can you remove the random quote box that happened when I fell asleep on my phone!

31 minutes ago, Hane said:

@Lisafer, “yinz” is a Pennsylvania concoction, and not even applicable to all of Pennsylvania. Ex-Mr.-Hane-#2 was from central PA, and I never heard him or any of his relatives say it (thank God).

Mods, can you remove the random quote box that happened when I fell asleep on my phone!

Yeah - Live in South Cental PA and no one says that here.  Spouse is from 3 hours north and they don’t say it either.  

I think Yinz is more of a Pittsburg thing. But I could be wrong. I’ve just heard some people I know from Pittsburg say it. 

10 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Oh, we say y’all where I’m from. 

Its the dramatic way of using it the beginning of a post that bugs me. 

Caveat:  Anna Marie is and remains my pet fundie.

I love the cookie pics.  And I wish she would do a hair tutorial video on youtube, because I would really like to wear my hair rolled on the sides like that and my hair will not do it, even though it's very thick and similar to hers.

The girls' dresses look like comfortable knit ones a la Lands' End or Hanna Andersson.  My girls lived in those dresses from toddlerhood to about age 10-11 and did anything and everything in them, including bake and cook and play in the dirt and rustle chickens.  They're no more uncomfortable than a nightgown.

Carry on.

54 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Yinz is more of a Pittsburg thing. But I could be wrong. I’ve just heard some people I know from Pittsburg say it. 

Was raised in southwest Pennsylvania not far from the West Virginia state line; "yinz"/"yunz" was typical.  When I go back to visit, I fall right in line within a day.

@danvillebelle, I used to feel that way about NR-Anna until she proudly posted about taking her children to anti-abortion rallies and explained to them, “We love little babies, but some mothers go to doctors who kill their little babies before they’re born.” Whichever side of the abortion debate you’re on, such a discussion is not appropriate with children as young as hers.

I reckon all y'all should stop making fun of Sarah for saying y'all.  And I picked up both "I reckon" and "y'all" in the mere 10 months I spent in Missouri.  It me took over a year to stop saying them. :P

5 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Caveat:  Anna Marie is and remains my pet fundie.

Quite aside from her (predictable) indoctrination of her children about abortion, I've always been irrationally irritated by her. 

She's just so serenely calm and happy looking, has resting pleasant face, and can't seem to take a bad photo.  Ever.  Although I'm sure Chris has tried.

She looks serene even after just giving birth or when heavily pregnant and having nasty painful varicose veins. 

Just once (once!) I want to see her all flustered, hair in a mess, and in a really bad mood.  I'd be content with a scowl.  It would show she is human.

But I don't think even an earthquake will do it.  She's a happy cow.

15 hours ago, Lisafer said:

St Louis but live in the Ozarks

I've always wanted to visit the Missouri part of the Ozarks!  maybe someday.

Thought I posted this last night, but maybe not:

Sarah saying y'all is like me saying "youse guys" or "yinz." I'm not from Jersey or from Pittsburgh so that would not be authentic speech for me.  @Lisafer, yinz is Pittsburghese.  I happen to love Pittsburghese even though I'm not from Pittsburgh.  It's just so colorful and rich!

Pittsburgh English

My dad was from south central Kentucky and he was not from the "y'all" belt.  They said "you all" where he was from. 

ETA:  @Palimpsest,  I loved that ad about the cows from California!

Is it possible Sarah picked up the "y'all" from relatives? Where are Steve and Teri from originally? I know it's probably an affectation, but there could be a familial reason for using it.

2 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Is it possible Sarah picked up the "y'all" from relatives? Where are Steve and Teri from originally? I know it's probably an affectation, but there could be a familial reason for using it.

It’s not the use of y’all in conversation (spoken or written) that bugs me. Like I said, where I’m from we say y’all. A lot. It’s the begging for attention way Sarah and many bloggers/instagrammers etc use it to try to be cute when they put it at the beginning of a post. Just a pet peeve of mine. 

It’s funny because normally when fundy women/girls are smiling, we hear they are just keeping sweet or smiling because that it what is expected of them. We assume they are sad inside, hate their life and really want to be atheist, pants wearing college students. Yet, we see NR Anna and everyone assumes she is just so happy, serene and content with life. How can we assume she loves her life but all the other fundy women are unhappy? Is it just we want to believe that Jana Duggar, Sarah, regular Anna and Mary are unhappy with their lives because we believe they should be unhappy? Or is it that since Anna is married with kids she must be happy in her fundy life? Anna could be miserable but knows how to put on a happy face. 

I don’t understand what’s wrong with using ‘ya’ll’. Language changes over time, especially slang. ‘Ya’ll’ is spreading and becoming much more common in slang, especially in text. Is it really that big of a deal? I use it sometimes and I’m in Canada. 

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I don’t understand what’s wrong with using ‘ya’ll’. Language changes over time, especially slang. ‘Ya’ll’ is spreading and becoming much more common in slang, especially in text. Is it really that big of a deal? I use it sometimes and I’m in Canada. 

There's nothing wrong with it, imho. I do understand that it bugs people when it seems out of place! I've never heard y'all in any kind of Canadian accent, though...:my_biggrin: Have you seen the accent tag videos on Youtube? I find them fascinating. Two hours south of me, people are saying things like "warsh" and "crick" for "wash" and "creek!" 

I had friends from New Jersey that pronounced "water" as "wooder." Never had heard anything like it before! Even watermelon was "woodermelon." 

Accents are fun!

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

She's just so serenely calm and happy looking, has resting pleasant face, and can't seem to take a bad photo.  Ever.  Although I'm sure Chris has tried.

Oh my goodness, this made me laugh.

I've always assumed, even if her religion didn't demand she be a wife and mom, that would have been NR Anna's vocation.  She seems born to it.

Even Teri mentioned recently how serene NR Anna is.

8 hours ago, Hane said:

@danvillebelle, I used to feel that way about NR-Anna until she proudly posted about taking her children to anti-abortion rallies and explained to them, “We love little babies, but some mothers go to doctors who kill their little babies before they’re born.” Whichever side of the abortion debate you’re on, such a discussion is not appropriate with children as young as hers. 

I agree but every anti-abortion person seems to do this! The odd time I see idiots protesting outside our local hospital (it's Canada, you're never gonna win this fight, dumb-dumbs), they have really young kids holding signs with them. Drives me crazy.

It bothers me when Sarah does it because I only see it as her trying way too hard. 

There is nothing about them or their lives that is casual, laid back, slang using. 

I think she tries to relate but it comes off as forced. Which, I think it is.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived