IGNORED

Maxwell 26: The Toothbrush Thing Is Real

HerNameIsBuffy

On 11/26/2018 at 12:06 PM, Coconut Flan said:

It appears they made the turkey gravy with milk or cream.  It will be a very light tan if done that way.  It's how my mother made it.

It looks like they made it while the turkey was still roasting so they didn't use any of the lovely dark pan drippings that give gravy its color and flavor. Maybe they stirred the white gravy into the roasting pan after the turkey came out of the oven?

On 11/25/2018 at 3:12 PM, Palimpsest said:

The Maxwell Thanksgiving Day menu:

• 1 22 lb turkey divided among 25.  At the recommended 0.5 lb a person for poultry  (and not counting babes in arms) that is a pretty big serving of meat
  • 1 ham.  Weight unknown.  More meat.
  • 5 lbs potatoes among 25.  That is 0.2 lbs each.  About a tablespoon each.  If the babes in arms hold back.
  • Teri's favorite salad.  Again a tablespoon for each at best. More if others abstain.  A leaf of lettuce, a few peas (you calculate 3 quarters of a pound among 25 because it isn't many) and some chopped eggs, a bit of bacon, a green onion, and some sour cream and mayo.

Not quite as bad as that. Nine adults plus Chris's kids, who are all still pretty little. It appears John's, Joe's, and Nathan's families made other plans. Still not enough vegetables.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Say what you will about the Maxwells, those white socks would never be that white after walking across my floors. I don't even own white socks for that very reason. Problem solved.

Here too! I live in an apartment, and many people have walked my floors before me. No matter how many times I clean the carpets - and I do so about once a year -  or scrub the floors, it's still only surface dirt that comes up at this point. Slippers are a must, with solid soles, in winter. In summer, I typically go barefoot. I do a lot of foot washing  before bed in the summer. In the literal sense, not the worshiping my master sense. I tried dark socks for a while, but it really bugged me. I knew how dirty they were, even if I didn't see it. 

6 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I'm baffled here- what temperature is their house exactly, that puffer vests are comfortable yet several people also have bare feet?

Eh, come to the North sometime. You'll see some weird stuff - running shorts, long sleeves, vest. Or 10 degrees out and people wearing a parka and flip flops.  Some people are just "bare foot" people, as well, especially inside. 

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Yet again Joseph/Elissa and John/Chelsy were not featured. Wonder if John experienced a Bontrager Thanksgiving. Bet the food was way better than typical Maxwell fare!!

That’s what I assume. I like that Elyssa and Chelsy are able to spend time with their families instead of constantly being in Maxhell. 

Yep. The Bontrager beliefs may be pretty much the same, but I do know they put on much better spreads and they probably have much more f*n.

On 11/27/2018 at 3:20 AM, fundiefan said:

I don't remember what he said or in what context, but it pretty much came down to Steve sitting in his recliner waiting for God to drop an appropriate man in his lap. No effort, no participation. No looking. 

I know it's a metaphor, but that's a funny mental image.

6 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Eh, come to the North sometime. You'll see some weird stuff - running shorts, long sleeves, vest. Or 10 degrees out and people wearing a parka and flip flops.  Some people are just "bare foot" people, as well, especially inside. 

I would love to come to the North sometime! I'm assuming you're in Alaska or Scandinavia? Of course, I would have to travel south a few hundred miles from where I live to visit the Maxwells down on the 39th parallel.

A post is up featuring NR Anna, Ruthie and Lydia making cookies. While the pictures are cute, I feel a bit saddened for Joshua. Little boys love making cookies, too. I think this branch of Maxwell will continue to be the most fundie.

1 hour ago, Markie said:

A post is up featuring NR Anna, Ruthie and Lydia making cookies. While the pictures are cute, I feel a bit saddened for Joshua. Little boys love making cookies, too. I think this branch of Maxwell will continue to be the most fundie.

The boys were off doing manly man things with daddy; cutting the grass, or shoveling snow, or holding tools for pictures. Making cookies is girl's work. And, besides, the pictures wouldn't be as pretty with the boys because they don't have shirts to match the girl's dresses. 

They're really trying to put some life in the blog aren't they. 

NR Anna is beautiful. Pictures are very cute. Recipe even sounds edible, which is a big plus for maxhell. 

And yet strict gender roles. Forced poses - what toddlers sit quietly on a kitchen counter watching mummy do things for that long? Matching outfits to enforce lack of individuality. Completely random bible quote at the end. They're trying to make themselves relevant but it still looks really forced. 

My boys love decorating cookies. We do it fairly often since they love it so much. I’ve never thought of baking and decorating as a female thing. So weird. 

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My boys love decorating cookies. We do it fairly often since they love it so much. I’ve never thought of baking and decorating as a female thing. So weird. 

Cooking and baking are "female things" unless you get paid for it, then you're a chef or baker and it suddenly becomes a "male thing". How boys who are never given the opportunity to cook or bake are supposed to figure out it's something they like to do, I have no idea.

19 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Cooking and baking are "female things" unless you get paid for it, then you're a chef or baker and it suddenly becomes a "male thing". How boys who are never given the opportunity to cook or bake are supposed to figure out it's something they like to do, I have no idea.

Right? If you look at the stats of restaurant head cooks, the majority are men! So how is that a female thing? It makes zero sense. I’ve been a waitress at multiple restaurants and our head chef was always a man. And most of the other cooks in the kitchen were men also. 

But, male chefs work for someone else. They may have a female boss. Maxwell boys must do jobs - thus, learn skills - that are manly and that they can do as self-employed so no woman would ever be the boss of them, or even a peer. 

And boys cooking at home is just for holidays and photo ops. 

17 hours ago, dripcurl said:

Most people (everyone else?) do not have numerous kidults with no other pursuits to busy themselves with besides household chores and limted business endeavors, they probably clean their floors every day.

Let's be honest--what else do they do except boring stuff like mop? As a group no less?

On Today's Cookie Post

Those girls look like Amish-wannabes.

On 11/26/2018 at 2:06 PM, Coconut Flan said:

It appears they made the turkey gravy with milk or cream.  It will be a very light tan if done that way.  It's how my mother made it.

This is how my grandma used to make chicken gravy. Only she would use loads of black pepper, which I'm sure would never fly in Maxhell. But man was that gravy good.

23 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I'm baffled here- what temperature is their house exactly, that puffer vests are comfortable yet several people also have bare feet? And this is just the chef in me, but I shuddered to see Mary draining the hot water off those potatoes with bare feet, too. It's a burn waiting to happen.

My ex burned himself doing just that. He has a very viable scar from it.

19 hours ago, dripcurl said:

This concept is very common in more repressed, conservative circles. We’ve established that the Of Nathans are the most restricted Maxwell grandkids, and their performances, no mater how humble, are a way they can express themselves when in other ways they cannot. It amazed me how many of my super conservative friends would condemn me for posting so many selfies, but they were drumming up money to put on elaborate plays every few months.

Wait, when did we establish this? I'm fairly certain that Nathan and Melanie's kids are far less restricted that Chris and Anna's. They dress in normal clothes, visit with Melanie's much more mainstream family regularly, go to events where there is drinking and dancing. Hell, they even read books with talking animals (a big Steve no-no). I can't imagine Chris and Anna's kids doing any of that stuff. Maybe the books. Maybe.

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s what I assume. I like that Elyssa and Chelsy are able to spend time with their families instead of constantly being in Maxhell. 

Chelsy seems to make a break for home whenever possible, and who can blame her?

4 hours ago, Markie said:

Joshua has baked cookies with his spinster aunts before.  https://blog.titus2.com/2015/03/06/aunt-marys-lil-buddy/          

Amish Anna looks pregnant.

19 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Joshua has baked cookies with his spinster aunts before.  https://blog.titus2.com/2015/03/06/aunt-marys-lil-buddy/          

I kind of assume NRAnna is pregnant by the time her baby hits 6 months. It doesn’t even matter if I think she looks pregnant or not. She just keeps getting pregnant so soon after her last that I’m guessing they will have 10 kids. She really isn’t slowing down. 

I am officially guessing her next will be born in June or July.

50 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

At not yet 3, it was probably okay for a boy to bake cookies. 

At 6, he's far too old for such girly things. /sarcasm. 

Anna sort of looks pregnant, but honestly she's had 5 kids, her stomach is going to look a bit distended. Mine still does and I have only had two kids. 

1 hour ago, Dru said:

Wait, when did we establish this? I'm fairly certain that Nathan and Melanie's kids are far less restricted that Chris and Anna's. 

Apologies, I meant Chris. The previous poster said Of Nathans and I was just thinking of faces and not names, but I am definitely talking about Chris and Anna’s kids. Also, I feel bad for the oldest girl having to dress up like that with the rest of them.

Please do not post addresses for the fundies and others we discuss.  Thanks!

Her youngest was born in February, right? I'd be kind of surprised if she weren't expecting again by now!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived