Spoiler

Edited by Cartmann99
added JFK tweet
  • Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 7

I wish Karma would call on this jackass:

• Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 3

August 9th is the date for Trump's re-installment with the totally-not-dead JFK Jr. as his vice-president? 

Spoiler

Calendar GIF by memecandy

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 4

Some news about the traitor Michael Flynn

Retired Lt. General Michael Flynn could very well finally face court-martial for calling for a coup against the United States government, a violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and his oath.

Last month, University of Texas law professor Steve Vladeck filed a brief in federal court arguing that court-martialing retired military personnel is unconstitutional, which would be a blow to those who are demanding Flynn be court-martialed after he advocated for the violent overthrow of the government in his continued support of disgraced former President Donald Trump.

Flynn currently draws a pension and other benefits afforded to retired officers, all paid for by American taxpayers, most of whom oppose the overthrow of our democracy. Congress passed the Uniform Code of Military Justice in 1950, which says that retired military officers like Flynn are still subject to the code because they could be called into service in an emergency as part of the Fleet Marine Corps Reserve. Congress has the authority to pass these rules via the Constitution.

And it certainly looks like Flynn might be court-martialed since the government filed a brief arguing against Vladeck.

• Thank You 9

He's being accused of pedophilia and child sex trafficking because he posted a picture of his young daughter wearing a pair of red shoes. 

• WTF 7

Milo Yiannopoulos was the other guest host. I guess Wiles didn't like him as well as Witzke. :shrug:

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

:doh:

Anyone interested in more lunacy like this should check co out "Covid-19 Vaccine Side Effects" group on Facebook (it's an open group). They ALL have period problems because they've been near a vaccinated person, they ALL know people who've had health issue following vaccination, they ALL know people who have died as a result of being vaccinated.

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

:doh:

Oh, and Stew Peters doesn't give a flying fuck about her period

• Upvote 11

My QAnon sources tell me that the flooding in Germany is a side effect of the tunnel wars.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 12

The QAnon Conspiracy Theory Inevitably Turns On Evangelicals

The spread of the QAnon conspiracy theory, which alleges that a secret cabal of satanic cannibalistic pedophiles rules the world and has long used its power and influence to freely murder and traffic children, has reached deep into the white evangelical community in recent years. While such allegations have usually been leveled against Democratic politicians and left-leaning entertainment, media, and business leaders, the conspiracy theory now appears to be circling back around on evangelical leaders themselves.

Earlier this week, Right Wing Watch noted how MAGA pastor Jackson Lahmeyer, who is running a primary campaign to unseat Republican Sen. James Lankford of Oklahoma, has openly embraced QAnon conspiracy theorists as part of his campaign, only to become a target of their conspiracy theories. QAnon activists accused the pastor of pedophilia and child sex trafficking in July after he posted a photo of his young daughter wearing red shoes.

Similar allegations are now being leveled against several high-profile evangelical leaders.

Late last month, self-proclaimed “prophet” and QAnon conspiracy theorist Johnny Enlow posted a “prophetic alert” on his Facebook page in which he warned that “many of our most famous pastors and Christian leaders are about to be exposed as sexual deviants, pedophiles and worse.”

We had no idea what that meant at the time, but now it appears to be related to allegations being put forth by a woman going by the name Madyson Marquette, who claims to have been a former adult film actress who was sexually abused and trafficked by several well-known evangelical leaders, including Kenneth Copeland, T.D. Jakes, Rick Warren, and even the late Billy Graham.

In the last week, Marquette has appeared on several evangelical programs that regularly promote QAnon and other right-wing conspiracy theories to level her allegations, including a recent appearance on the “Up Front In The Prophetic” program, which is hosted by full-blown QAnon conspiracy theorists Alan and Francine Fosdick.

“Anyone that I’m naming bought me,” Marquette told the Fosdicks, “and did stuff to me. The only person I have named that didn’t do stuff, but I saw him at parties, was Joel Osteen.”

“I can tell you since I’ve started speaking, now more women have come forward,” she continued. “I named Kenneth Copeland and another brave soul, she’s like, ‘Listen, I want to come forward, will you share my post?’ And people went and attacked her on her post for coming forward. … The women do come forward and say, ‘This happened to me, I have the evidence,’ and and then you’re gonna go attack them because you maybe were fooled by these pastors? The same thing with Tyler Perry, Greg Laurie, Rick Warren, all of these pastors trafficked me, and we’ve put them on a pedestal and made them gods.”

When Francine Fosdick marveled at the “major names” Marquette was mentioning, including Billy Graham, Marquette stood by her allegation.

“I say a million times over, Billy Graham and the ones that have trafficked and done things to me and that are doing it now,” she said, “they have a demon inside them.”

“People are like, ‘Oh, yeah, his son is sick, but we don’t believe you about Billy,'” Marquette added. “I’m like, ‘Well, probably Franklin learned it from somewhere.'”

Making accusations against Billy Graham is definitely going to cause some eyebrows to raise.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 3
  • I Agree 2

I'm starting to wonder if some Republicans are starting to do the math and realizing that since it's the unvaccinated people who are getting sick, hospitalized, and dying and since there are more Republicans who refuse to get the vaccination then Democrats that they are afraid that they may lose some of their power in the closer races if too many of their people die off.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I'm starting to wonder if some Republicans are starting to do the math and realizing that since it's the unvaccinated people who are getting sick, hospitalized, and dying and since there are more Republicans who refuse to get the vaccination then Democrats that they are afraid that they may lose some of their power in the closer races if too many of their people die off.

True. But when it comes to Republicans, I’m cynical. I don’t think their base dying is their biggest concern.

If you ask me, the fact that the Dow is predicted to go into a slump because of the uptick in Covid cases —and recently dropped quite dramatically, lending credence to that prediction— is what’s the biggest driver behind their 180 on vaccines.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

It just occurred to me to wonder if some of this might be getting worse because of Covid making it more difficult for some people to access mental health services? Because most of this sounds extremely paranoid and like the sort of thing that in olden days would have gotten you committed at the local asylum or locked in the attic where guests couldn't see you. 

I'm sure some of these people are just deluded and gullible, but it sure sounds a LOT like "off their meds" for some people. I hope the people needing mental health care are able to get it, the gullible are able to see truth, and the stupid people have someone with a functioning brain in their life with the patience and fortitude to help them realize how incredibly dumb this all is. 

• Upvote 7

Spoiler

On that note:

Huge study supporting ivermectin as Covid treatment withdrawn over ethical concerns

The efficacy of a drug being promoted by rightwing figures worldwide for treating Covid-19 is in serious doubt after a major study suggesting the treatment is effective against the virus was withdrawn due to “ethical concerns”.

The preprint study on the efficacy and safety of ivermectin – a drug used against parasites such as worms and headlice – in treating Covid-19, led by Dr Ahmed Elgazzar from Benha University in Egypt, was published on the Research Square website in November.

It claimed to be a randomised control trial, a type of study crucial in medicine because it is considered to provide the most reliable evidence on the effectiveness of interventions due to the minimal risk of confounding factors influencing the results. Elgazzar is listed as chief editor of the Benha Medical Journal, and is an editorial board member.

The study found that patients with Covid-19 treated in hospital who “received ivermectin early reported substantial recovery” and that there was “a substantial improvement and reduction in mortality rate in ivermectin treated groups” by 90%.

But the drug’s promise as a treatment for the virus is in serious doubt after the Elgazzar study was pulled from the Research Square website on Thursday “due to ethical concerns”. Research Square did not outline what those concerns were.

A medical student in London, Jack Lawrence, was among thPlease note that ivermectin for animal use is completely different than the kind for humans. It's more concentrated since animals like horses are so much bigger than people, and some of the ingredients in the animal version haven't been tested on humans.e first to identify serious concerns about the paper, leading to the retraction. He first became aware of the Elgazzar preprint when it was assigned to him by one of his lecturers for an assignment that formed part of his master’s degree. He found the introduction section of the paper appeared to have been almost entirely plagiarised.

It appeared that the authors had run entire paragraphs from press releases and websites about ivermectin and Covid-19 through a thesaurus to change key words. “Humorously, this led to them changing ‘severe acute respiratory syndrome’ to ‘extreme intense respiratory syndrome’ on one occasion,” Lawrence said.

The data also looked suspicious to Lawrence, with the raw data apparently contradicting the study protocol on several occasions.

• Thank You 10

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic