IGNORED

QAnon: Paranoid Trumpers on Steroids

Cartmann99

I finally caught up with the Oh no! Ross and Carrie podcast interviewing Joe Ondrak, who is a senior research with Logically, a research firm which has been looking into Q Anon.

Back in January they unmasked Neon Revolt, one of the leading Q amplifiers, as a failed screenwriter with a grudge.

An investigation conducted by Logically, a fact-checking technology company, discovered that “Neon Revolt,” a major online personality in the world of the right-wing conspiracy theory QAnon, is really an aspiring writer named Robert Cornero Jr.

Cornero’s uncovering as a major formerly-anonymous QAnon personality has also shined a light on another aspect: as a major QAnon influencer, Cornero created new conspiracy theories revolving around people he had grudges against in the film industry, effectively weaponizing his followers to satisfy his own personal vendettas.

So this pathetic specimen failed as a screenwriter in LA, moved back home with his parents in NJ, and then tried to sic the flying monkeys on the people who'd failed to recognise his genius. Sheesh.

• Thank You 9

20 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

@Howl I hope you're wrong, but I really wonder

Oh, hell yes, I hope I'm wrong too!  But I just can't square up what's going on in any other way than most of the GOP being seduced by the lure of some form of authoritarianism.  

So many corrupt people, in government and out,  got rich beyond their wildest dreams of avarice over the last four years, starting with Jarvanka at the top, they aren't about to let go of the vision of a utopian authoritarianism, with the regulatory function/oversight, including the entire system of Inspectors General, dismantled. 

They see a financial Eden of ripping off American taxpayers while corporations dodge taxes and rip off their own customers; wingnut Christian fundamentalists (Pompeo!) run rampant and try to trigger the Rapture.   

One more note: The patriarchal aspect of Christian fundamentalism makes authoritarianism palatable.  Credulous fundamentalists believing that Trump is a fabulous hardworking guy chosen by God to lead Americans out of godlessness -- WTAF! 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

It always bemuses me when I see things like this - how completely non-empathetic do you have to be to assume you and your family will be untouched by a military coup, and will come out on top? I've been listening to the "It could happen here" podcast (thanks everyone who mentioned them) and part of what makes them so utterly terrifying is that he takes a situation that we tend to other - being trapped in an apartment while gunfire is being exchanged outside, listening to the sound of mortars etc - and places it a context that is familiar to us. Because subconsciously we don't believe that it could happen here - it's something that happens to other people, from other countries who don't speak our language. Who are different, somehow. 

A military coup in America would leave a lot of these idiots and their families in a much worse position - they might think that they would be on the winning side, but the odds are they wouldn't be, and God knows mortars and other bombs don't discriminate between the true believers and everyone else.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Yikes! The MAGA mind is...really scary and worrisome. 

You guys know I’m no fan of polls. However, the theories posited in this article have also been researched in other ways too, and the overall conclusion is something I’ve also said before, and really needs to happen soon.

“Cutting off the megaphones of disinformation from sources like Trump and QAnon, and holding companies like Fox News and its anchors liable for defamation, is critical. Such actions stand the best chance of actually de-radicalizing Trump voters and ultimately releasing them from unfounded and intentionally fabricated fears.”

Stop feeding the fear.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

I'm trying to think of a polite and delicate and non condescending way to say this so I hope you'll forgive me if I fail.

Remember back when you were in school? There seem like there were a couple kinds of students. There were those who were interested in engaged and wanted to learn as much as they could, either about one topic or about many, and then there were those who were just putting in their time until they could become adults. It's the second group that became the strong Trump supporters. Also, even in the first group, there were some who really had a strong dislike for either science or social studies (or, let's face it, English). they put their time in in that class and did what they needed to do to get a good grade but they didn't learn the topic so that it would stick with them.

Edited by Audrey2
Talk to text does not capitalize after periods.
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

4 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I was kind of wondering why they weren't going the body double theory (something like "Biden et al are all in jail and they're using doubles in the White House to pull in the remaining people so they can arrest them") and then I read Ken above and seriously, they're trying to lull the Pope into a false sense of security so they can... take over the Catholic church? I guess there is a fair amount of money and real estate there, but why not aim for David Miscavige? Easier to get to, and fewer repercussions.  

Edited by Ozlsn
Close bracket
  • Haha 11

On 2/27/2021 at 10:25 PM, Ozlsn said:

It always bemuses me when I see things like this - how completely non-empathetic do you have to be to assume you and your family will be untouched by a military coup, and will come out on top?

I'm always amazed at the people supporting Trump and Q nonsense. The Trump supporters are usually under-informed, uncurious, and a bit gullible, but generally everyday people. The Q believers on my facebook are also uninformed, gullible, uncurious, etc. -  but they are also generally working low-income or dead end jobs, were the ones who barely managed to graduate high school, and are the ones who would actually benefit from a social safety net. (Another very big thing I've noticed - they aren't readers. They don't read fluently, they don't enjoy reading, they have never read for pleasure, and their reading comprehension is not that great.)

The other main difference? These are the people who despite all evidence to the contrary believe that they are more intelligent than most people, more important than most people, and that they matter to the billionaires running things. They really think that they are destined to be super-wealthy too, and their ship just hasn't come in yet. But luckily for them, those super-wealthy republicans at the top are on their side!

Spoiler: The republicans are not on their side. They do not matter to the billionaires. They are not all that intelligent. Republicans like them because they are easy to dupe and easy to fleece.

22 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I'm trying to think of a polite and delicate and non condescending way to say this so I hope you'll forgive me if I fail.

Remember back when you were in school? There seem like there were a couple kinds of students. There were those who were interested in engaged and wanted to learn as much as they could, either about one topic or about many, and then there were those who were just putting in their time until they could become adults. It's the second group that became the strong Trump supporters. Also, even in the first group, there were some who really had a strong dislike for either science or social studies (or, let's face it, English). they put their time in in that class and did what they needed to do to get a good grade but they didn't learn the topic so that it would stick with them.

I think you hit this on the head.

• Upvote 6

My Q sources are a bit disillusioned because Trump's speech at CPAC didn't really sound a lot like he thinks he's the president now and will be officially inaugurated in March. He was talking about running again in 2024 and how bad Biden is doing in the White House. But they think Madonna has been cloned because she doesn't look the same as 30 years ago, and that Angela Merkel is Hitler's daughter. (she was born in 1954 but I guess that's what freezers are for.)

Incidentally, I don't look like I looked 30 years ago so I probably was cloned in my sleep.

• Haha 16

On 2/28/2021 at 11:18 AM, Audrey2 said:

Yeah that was the civics class in high school.  It was required for graduation but there was that set that did not want to take civics.  The ones who had to take it in the summer tried to coast through as much as possible.  The civics teacher said there was one time where a couple students took it in the summer so they could graduate early.  They were the only two students who wanted to be in the class. 

And a QAnon fuck stick vandalized a 4,000 year old rock formation.

A New Jersey man was arrested Monday after defacing an ancient rock formation in 2019 with suspected QAnon-related graffiti, according to police in Salem, New Hampshire.

Mark Russo, 50, was charged with one count of felony criminal mischief after carving phrases into a rock tablet with a power tool at "America's Stonehenge" site in New Hampshire, according to a release from Salem Police. He was taken into custody in New Jersey and was later extradited to New Hampshire.

Police said that on September 29, 2019, officers responded to the scene following a report of criminal mischief, and they found a rock tablet that was damaged by a power tool.

The phrase "WWG1WGA" was carved into the stone, which police believe stands for "Where We Go One, We Go All," according to Capt. Jason Smith, public information officer for Salem Police. The phrase is commonly associated with the QAnon conspiracy theory.

• Upvote 9
  • Angry 1

On 3/5/2021 at 7:25 PM, 47of74 said:

And a QAnon fuck stick vandalized a 4,000 year old rock formation.

I don't know why, exactly, but this sort of thing makes me insanely, irrationally angry. Like I'm generally a laid-back "let the punishment fit the crime but damn rehabilitate people if at all possible" sort of person - but when someone comes along and damages/ruins/destroys something ancient or important, that is a part of the world's cultural or natural heritage? Carve on an ancient stone formation? Damage a painting or sculpture? Set fire to a historic building? Suddenly I'm all like "can we waterboard this guy? Is drawing and quartering still a thing? Hang him in a cage in the square and let people throw rotten tomatoes at him until he dies of dehydration?"

Obviously I don't think the guy should really be tortured to death, but locked up for a good long time? Yes. And frankly I'm also totally OK with public humiliation online in this case. Mark Russo the Q believer is a slimy rotten stinking puddle of criminal diarrhea, and hopefully whenever anyone googles him from now on they'll learn what a useless waste of oxygen he is.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Cookie diplomacy didn’t work. 

Marjorie Taylor Greene complained to the Pentagon that the Guam National Guard"ambushed" her office as a political tool to intimidate Congress, and called for them to sent home.

In a letter to the secretary of defence Loyd Austin, Ms Greene said the "stunt" of the National Guard delivering cookies, after she confused Guam for a foreign country, was part of a dangerous and troubling trend of the armed forces intimidating civilians, harassing Congress members and attacking journalists. 

"Guam's congressional delegate, Michael San Nicholas, leading more than two dozen National Guard troops to ambush my office unannounced and subsequently video record my staff without solicitation or consent," Ms Greene said. 

The attempted cookie diplomacy was in response to Ms Greene grouping Guam in with the United State's major foreign competitors as she called for the hard-earned tax dollars of Americans to be spent at home in America, not "wherever", during a talk at CPAC.

I just hope Sec Austin puts her request in the circular file. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 6

4 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Poor Marjory. It's understandable she felt intimidated by people pointing out her delusions. After all, confrontation with the truth is absolutely terrifying for tinfoil-maga-hat wearing, jewish space laser believing q-conspiracy theorists.

• Upvote 9

With apologies to Crocodile Dundee:

Those aren't threatening cookies. This is a threatening cookie:

image.png.190cabc9bd16f931d0d4fca9ca93f21b.png

Edited by thoughtful
I swear that apostrophe was in the right place when I hit "submit."
  • Haha 13

So let me make sure I understand. Armed intruders invading the Capitol- not scary, just Patriotic Freedom, but cookies? OMG terrifying!

• Upvote 12

4 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Maybe he should save it to recycle in case we run low on toilet paper again.

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

So let me make sure I understand. Armed intruders invading the Capitol- not scary, just Patriotic Freedom, but cookies? OMG terrifying!

I bet the sight of a troop of Girl Scouts selling cookies would send her into hiding for days. Maybe we should test my theory.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

• 3 weeks later...

Qspiracy taking it to the next level.

• Eyeroll 11

What do these people smoke/drink/shoot up? I'm not sure that even some of the best science fiction writers could come up with their bizarre theories.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic