IGNORED

QAnon: Paranoid Trumpers on Steroids

Cartmann99

16 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

*snickers*

*Runs to Rod thread to read Jilldo's rant about how they have to cancel their not-vacation trip to Nevada in October*

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

Oh goody, the Q-convention is going ahead:

image.png.f827f4bb4362ae08142d757ac8f4b96d.png

What I don't understand is why they didn't book TFG's Vegas hotel.

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

Highlights from another QAnon/anti-vax/Fruitcake McNutjob conference.

Spoiler

The unrolled version of the thread is here. The event is still in progress, so be sure to scroll down until you see the refresh link so you get the tweets added since I posted.

• WTF 6
  • Thank You 4

Meanwhile in Melbourne, Australia... we had an earthquake on Wednesday, which measured ~6 on the Richter scale. This is unusual for us, as we're kind of in the middle of a large tectonic plate,  and the earthquakes we do have tend to be quite small and not really noticed. Naturally our local QAnon contingent, who have been out in force "protesting" this week, including at least one holding a Trump flag, WTAF, have decided to fit the earthquake into their mythology. Apparently the international child trafficking tunnels were 10km under Mansfield?

240594352_2908549542741132_4693410108662834014_n.thumb.jpg.e2ca84c1a67d9d9a0ccb6248d89e98a7.jpg

Edited by Ozlsn
  • WTF 8
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, smittykins said:

In all seriousness, I hope everyone in that area is OK.

If you're referring to the earthquake we have had no reported injuries that I've seen, which was partly - and bizarrely - due to construction being shut down, partly due to protests about mandatory vaccination for the construction sector last week. So quite a few people who would have been at higher risk were at home rather than on scaffolding.

• Upvote 10

• 2 weeks later...

Michael Flynn to QAnon Believers: I’m Not a Satanist!

Flynn’s trouble started on Sept. 17, when he led a congregation at Nebraska pastor Hank Kunneman’s Lord of Hosts Church in prayer. Flynn’s prayer included invocations to “sevenfold rays” and “legions,” two phrases that struck some of Flynn’s followers as strange.

“We are your instrument of those sevenfold rays and all your archangels, all of them,” Flynn said, later adding, “We will be the instrument of your will, whatever it is. In your name, and in the name of your legions, we are freeborn, and we shall remain freeborn, and we shall not be enslaved by any foe.”

As video of the prayer circulated in online conspiracy theorist groups, the references to “legions” and “rays” soon sparked speculation among Flynn’s right-wing supporters that their hero had been lured to the dark side. Always on the lookout for the Satanic influence they imagine lurks at the heart of the world, they claimed that Flynn had secretly been worshiping the devil. Worse, since the congregation was repeating the prayer after Flynn, the rumor went, he had duped hundreds of Christians into joining the ritual.

“A lot of people in the Christian world believe that when you pray to rays of light and legions that you’re praying to the devil,” Oebel, the YouTube host, explained in his interview with Flynn.

[...]

Flynn’s prayer bears a striking resemblance to a prayer by Elizabeth Clare Prophet, the now-deceased leader of an anticommunist doomsday cult obsessed with nuclear war. Prophet’s group, the Church Universal and Triumphant, reached its peak in 1990, the year she predicted much of the world would be destroyed in a fiery nuclear exchange between the Soviet Union and the United States. Prophet’s followers flocked to her Montana ranch, building fallout shelters for an apocalypse that never arrived.

Twitter user Jim Stewartson first noted the similarities between Flynn’s prayer and Prophet’s. Both prayers mention “legions” and “seven-fold rays,” and are nearly identical in their phrasing.

For example, in one address to her congregation, Prophet said, “In the name of Archangel Michael and his legions, I am freeborn, and I shall remain freeborn, and I shall not be enslaved by any foe within or without.”

By comparison, Flynn told the Nebraska church congregation, “In your name and the name of your legions, we are freeborn, and we shall remain freeborn, and we shall not be enslaved by any foe within or without.”

The Twitter thread mentioned above:

The unroll version is here.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Michael Flynn to QAnon Believers: I’m Not a Satanist!

The Twitter thread mentioned above:

The unroll version is here.

I will never tire of them turning on each other.  You invited the crazy to dinner so don't be surprised when the crazy gets drunk and starts throwing things during dessert. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6

That "storm" is always just around the corner...

• Eyeroll 8

#LaurenBoebertIsSoDumb is trending on Twitter, so I had to take a look. Gee, she's as bad as her fellow idiot, Madison Cawthorn.

image.png.bf720c1b8a8e7d84d8b50b7bf4c3bc0c.png

image.png.41298fa0582b6eb15639bd74d68ce1de.png

Spoiler

image.png.b9cc200583d70272af2ef628bafe9bf3.png

image.png.2f1e67b376fe7cb68af593ebe017afa8.png

• Eyeroll 9

I looked back in this thread and found this:

Spoiler

• Thank You 11

She's trying to keep #LaurenBoebertIsSoDumb trending:

image.png.107ad75e87f312e92a9970ac441fd6bb.png

• Upvote 13

4 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I looked back in this thread and found this:

Hide contents

She is this nutter:  “Why is George Floyd’s family speaking at (the Democratic National Convention),” tweeted Lorraine, who earlier this year lost her congressional race to Nancy Pelosi. “Did they offer them free meth?”  She deleted the tweet but not before a lot of people captured it.

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 4

18 hours ago, Xan said:

She is this nutter:  “Why is George Floyd’s family speaking at (the Democratic National Convention),” tweeted Lorraine, who earlier this year lost her congressional race to Nancy Pelosi. “Did they offer them free meth?”  She deleted the tweet but not before a lot of people captured it.

She also tweeted that she blamed BLM and "cancel culture" when she found out her family didn't invite her to a family get together.  She clearly hasn't understood that when you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole.  When you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole. 

• Upvote 9

On 10/14/2021 at 2:13 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

She's trying to keep #LaurenBoebertIsSoDumb trending:

image.png.107ad75e87f312e92a9970ac441fd6bb.png

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone said “SEE?  You don’t need guns to commit mass murder!”

(I’m just surprised she didn’t play the “Timothy McVeigh used fertilizer, the 9/11 hijackers used box cutters” card.)

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Candace Owens has lost the plot. As if we needed further evidence…

So the last state in full lock down - where I live - ended most of the regulations at midnight last night. Timing Candace.

I assume she's also blathering on about mandatory vaccination for employment in several sectors - yes, evidence of vaccination is required by set dates to work across a wide range of sectors in my state. But you can choose to not get vaccinated and find alternative employment, and there are exemptions for people who cannot be vaccinated.

As for the "when do we deploy?" - anyone demanding this should be willing to be first out of the plane in any proposed invasion. Don't worry, you'll get the 12 weeks basic training first...

• Upvote 9

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic