IGNORED

QAnon: Paranoid Trumpers on Steroids

Cartmann99

10 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

It would be pretty amusing if he's wandering around Hyannisport just taking in the views and chillaxing... 

The Rolling Stones played a concert here in Austin this week. Earlier on in the week, Mick Jagger was hanging out solo in front of inconic Austin landmark The Broken Spoke, a boot-scootin' beer joint, drinking a beer.  It took a long time before anyone recognized him and snapped a pic.

But back to the Jesus Bloodline, Patton is Trump's father, I mean WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K?  One has to ask (rhetorically), "Can it get any crazier?" and the answer is unequivocally "Yes, wing-nut, bat-shit, many bricks shy of a load cray is continuing unabated." 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

19 minutes ago, Howl said:

But back to the Jesus Bloodline, Patton is Trump's father, I mean WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K?  One has to ask (rhetorically), "Can it get any crazier?" and the answer is unequivocally "Yes, wing-nut, bat-shit, many bricks shy of a load cray is continuing unabated." 

I have to admit that was a plot twist I did not see coming. 

• Upvote 11

OK, so I came across this Lin Wood, Sidney Powell, Michael Flynn, Tucker Carlson, Kyle Rittenhouse, FOX "news" mashup.  The final point of the thread is that these people are ALL dependent on favorable coverage in the alt reich media sphere, including and especially Fox "news".  I put a TL;DR summary under the spoiler at the end, but the full twitter unroll is worth a read to understand the dynamics going on. 

Twitter unroll HERE

Summary: 

Spoiler

TL;DR: This *very* gratifying meltdown -- seriously, you love to see it -- among the people who tried their damnedest to keep Trump in office as an unelected dictator wasn't triggered by the way Wood exploited Rittenhouse.

It's driven by Rittenhouse's airing of it on Fox. 

SO MUCH of our political life -- including the stability of our goddamn democracy and the stability of the ANTI-democracy coalition that imperils it -- is impacted by Fox f'ing News. It's insane. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

On 11/23/2021 at 11:40 AM, Alisamer said:

I agree - the second the country is declared "Christian" the fighting would begin. First a generic protestant vs everyone else, but it would keep going, forever. There's a reason most small towns have several churches - no one can agree on anything. It would just keep fracturing down smaller and smaller. 

I feel bad for the families of these people, because it does seem to be headed a Waco/Jonestown sort of way. Actually, as crazy at is, it might be more like Heaven's Gate, though probably a bit less organized. I'm all out of compassion for the people themselves, but their families must be suffering.

I get the hits of dopamine for discovering things - that's definitely a thing for me. But there are better ways to get that dopamine hit! Thrift shopping, researching genealogy, metal detecting, etc. They could even just go on youtube and watch mudlarkers finding amazing things in the mud along the Thames and other rivers. (Si Finds and Tideline Art/Nicola White are good ones!) Subscribe to a subscription box, go yard saling, volunteer for litter pickup along the side of the road. Take a class and learn something new, try a new hobby, listen to deep space signals, go geocaching, try to be the one who figures out who Jack the Ripper really was.

Anything but stupid conspiracy theories that are getting people killed!

I just saw something recently about Jen Senko's father.  He was the subject of the The Brainwashing of My Dad.  Something that caught my eye was that apparently in the last couple years of his life he stopped listening to Rush after his radio broke and the family blocked the reich wing emails that he was getting flooded with.  Without the steady stream of reich wing garbage he stopped being so angry and became much happier.  Without the likes of Rush poisoning his mind anymore he was able to rebuild his relationships with his family before he passed.

Interesting history bit - Cascade, Iowa  had two Catholic churches about three blocks apart from each other.  St. Mary's was for the German immigrants while St. Martin's was for the Irish immigrants.  Back in the 19th and early 20th centuries different churches served various ethnic groups.  It was more a thing in larger towns but even in smaller towns there would be times when this would happen. 

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Howl said:

SO MUCH of our political life -- including the stability of our goddamn democracy and the stability of the ANTI-democracy coalition that imperils it -- is impacted by Fox f'ing News. It's insane. 

I'm not 100% sure what the equivalent of a Royal Commission is (Senate enquiry? Congressional investigation?) but I think one needs to be held in all the countries the Murdoch empire is active in, preferably simultaneously. And then we need to look at what laws to implement to prevent it.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

On 11/26/2021 at 5:00 AM, Ozlsn said:

It would be pretty amusing if he's wandering around Hyannisport just taking in the views and chillaxing... yeah sure, he was promised a crowd and some political thing but right now there's a martini and a beautiful sunset. 

Don't forget a couple of good looking women.

Continued here:

• Upvote 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic