IGNORED

Lori Alexander 57: The Wisdom and the Folly

18 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

the Oracle of California

:pb_lol:

This is my laugh for the day. Thank you.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Oracle of California?  

This caused me to burst out laughing while I’m waiting for my lunch order. I don’t know how to use emojis here to convey just how hilarious that title is (and how much I love it)!! 

Regarding today's post about the "older women":

Lori is functioning as a self-proclaimed elder of the church.

These are some of  the biblical qualifications of an elder (not gender specific; see footnote below):

Titus 1:5, TPT:  The reason I stationed you in Crete[e] was so that you could set things in order and complete what was left unfinished,[f]and to raise up and appoint church elders[g] in every city, just as I had instructed you.  (here is the footnote defining "elders" in the church: Titus 1:5 Or “ordain elders.” This is the Greek word presbyteros, which means “senior leaders.” These are church elders who would function as overseers, teachers, and shepherds of God’s flock. The same Greek word is used for women in 1 Tim. 5:2. Although generally assumed to be male in the cultural context of that day, there is nothing to indicate that presbyteros is gender exclusive.)

7 The overseer, since he serves God’s household, must be someone of blameless character and not be opinionated or short-tempered. 

Titus 2, TPT: 3 Likewise with the female elders, lead them into lives free from gossip and drunkenness and to be teachers of beautiful things.[c] 

I think it is self explanatory that Lori has been extremely opinionated and short-tempered in her online communications.  Same with the gossip; we've all witnessed that.  Teacher of beautiful things?  The food is not very beautiful.  The writings are certainly not beautiful.  I always feel slightly "slimed" after reading anything on the blog.  Not good (the word for beautiful in Greek.)

But what is particularly HORRIBLE about this post today is that she assumes that women whose husbands have left are now useless in the Kingdom:

“Younger women bloggers and motivational speakers who have lost their marriages (and their children) have also lost their witness, their voice, their testimony. The choices they made inspired the choices their husbands made: ‘I’m outta here, headed for greener pastures.’ Most of these women have no one to blame but themselves. When you cause the Word to be blasphemed, what do you expect?"

This is spiritually abusive.  If we say this, we are controlling women. "Just shut up and sit down at home, honey, and keep that man COMFORTABLE, because if you don't...you will have NO voice, NO witness, NO testimony...you will be USELESS and void in the Kingdom of God, honey."

It's so bad I can't really say much else about it.  

@ladyicantxplain My gut response to your last comment: Oh, how I wish Ken would leave her. ("I'm outta here, headed for greener pastures.")

Though, of course, she'd simply rewrite the narrative to make herself the heroic figure.

Edited to add: Look at Beall, who continues to hitch her wagon to DPIAT's star, even though that ship sailed long ago. (Mixing metaphors like crazy, and failing to care. I need more coffee.)

Lori and Ken make me sad because I can see echoes of my own life there. Whenever FJers write about happy partnerships, I'm happy for them, but it just makes me feel empty in comparison. So most of the time, I avoid comparing. Oh, and Lori, if you read this? The bleakness in my life came out of following the precepts you teach. Faithfully. Earnestly. Hoping for that promised "abundant life". We are comfortable in terms of material things, but I wish I had a better marriage. I don't know if it's been irrevocably damaged by patriarchy and comp theology, but it sure feels that way much of the time.

15 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Seriously, at this point I'm starting to feel that Lori could be replaced with a sexbot that cooks (or a cookbot that sexes) and a roomba. 

You forget - they have a housekeeper. So no roomba needed. And Ken has pretty much always cooked for himself, because he's not into big slimy week old salads and cat food. 

I'm beginning to think Lori has some major financial hold on him, or knows some dirt that could lose him contact with the kids, or something. There's literally no reason whatsoever for him to stay with her otherwise. I'm not saying he's a nice guy, because he's not. But he could easily dump her lazy butt and within a year be happily married to some other wealthy divorcee or widow who doesn't look like an old handbag, isn't sociopathic, and who actually enjoys sex. 

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

This caused me to burst out laughing while I’m waiting for my lunch order. I don’t know how to use emojis here to convey just how hilarious that title is (and how much I love it)!! 

I'm glad I could make you laugh.  It's one of my goals in life is to lighten people's day.  Maybe that can be incorporated into a threat title.

6 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

You forget - they have a housekeeper. So no roomba needed. And Ken has pretty much always cooked for himself, because he's not into big slimy week old salads and cat food. 

I'm beginning to think Lori has some major financial hold on him, or knows some dirt that could lose him contact with the kids, or something. There's literally no reason whatsoever for him to stay with her otherwise. I'm not saying he's a nice guy, because he's not. But he could easily dump her lazy butt and within a year be happily married to some other wealthy divorcee or widow who doesn't look like an old handbag, isn't sociopathic, and who actually enjoys sex. 

Doesn't he travel a lot for "work"? He's probably cheating. 

And the fact that it has been made abundantly clear by Lori herself that he cooks his own meals because he won't eat her shit is just one more piece of the Glaring Hypocrite puzzle that is Lori. ?

30 minutes ago, refugee said:

Lori and Ken make me sad because I can see echoes of my own life there. Whenever FJers write about happy partnerships, I'm happy for them, but it just makes me feel empty in comparison.

I understand, but try to be inspired rather than despairing. I write about what is now my happy partnership, but my prior marriage was very unhappy. It's been a long time coming (I'm 63). Never give up hope. You too deserve happiness.

It's totally his wife's fault y'all. He busts his ass at work and how dare she not give him all the power!

So he trashes his wife - all women here really - and if she would just submit, his life would be perfect.

He must be a peach.

Lori gave him sympathy and a "it's not uncommon".

Where do these men crawl out from?

Spoiler

1020502057_ScreenShot2018-11-17at4_38_49PM.png.d011ffc1cf51c22b324fa564be98afc2.png

9 minutes ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

It's totally his wife's fault y'all. He busts his ass at work and how dare she not give him all the power!

So he trashes his wife - all women here really - and if she would just submit, his life would be perfect.

He must be a peach.

Lori gave him sympathy and a "it's not uncommon".

Where do these men crawl out from?

Hide contents

1020502057_ScreenShot2018-11-17at4_38_49PM.png.d011ffc1cf51c22b324fa564be98afc2.png

I wonder what he is spending his money on? Most women don’t get upset at their spouse for spending money if they have it. BFs’ mom doesn’t like to spend money on herself. She also likes to have every penny accounted for. This is because when she got money as a kid her mom took it. She saves as much as she can. 

To me it seems like he doesn’t want to be married because he can’t control her. I wonder why,after blank amount of years, he has decided he isn’t happy in his marriage?

7 hours ago, cara said:

Anyone else think Alyssa's latest Instagram post is a bit tacky? She starts with a paragraph about human trafficking and how terrible it is.. which I found strange because I thought women aren't to worry about global issues like that. They're supposed to focus on their husbands getting the right colour straw with their lemonade and all that...

It's accompanied by a series of very provocative pics of her posing in yoga clothes. The whole post is to advertise the clothing brand. I would love to hear Lori chime in on this one. It has everything she hates, social justice, a woman earning money and yoga pants. 

The clothing benefits human trafficking. 

Alyssa is athletic and has a right to in do what she wants. Who gives anyone the right to call her pictures “provocative”? I don’t believe in shaming her. Lori shames her enough.

20 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Lori Alexander: less enthusiastic than a sexbot roomba.

New thread title!

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I wonder why,after blank amount of years, he has decided he isn’t happy in his marriage?

If I had to guess, he's recently been "redpilled" - found his way to the MRA side of the internet, and decided he likes the narrative where (usually white) men are the victims of these terrible, unnatural women who have this unreasonable desire to be more than sexbots.

5 hours ago, refugee said:

We are comfortable in terms of material things, but I wish I had a better marriage. I don't know if it's been irrevocably damaged by patriarchy and comp theology, but it sure feels that way much of the time.

That is something that I wish I had realized was going to happen, our brief foray into fundamentalism had a lot of effects.  I don't often talk about it, but we are not in the best place in our marriage.  It was not the best to start with, but it has really suffered during and since we quit attempting to be fundy.  I think that may be fairly common, from things I've read.

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I wonder what he is spending his money on? Most women don’t get upset at their spouse for spending money if they have it.

Well, that depends. When you're living on a single income, things can get tight (as we've discussed here and elsewhere). Sometimes I wanted some relatively new furniture--for the first 34 years of our marriage, we lived with those "starting off" castoffs, y'know, the stuff your parents give you, "orange crate chic", that sort of thing. I would have loved a vacation that wasn't camping. My spouse enjoyed hotel stays, nice accommodations, meals out in good restaurants while traveling for work, but keepers at home don't generally have those perks. (Maybe Lori does...) He also did computer-based work, and you know how it goes, you buy a computer and it's obsolete within six months. So most of our "extra" cash went to new computer equipment over the years.

Yeah, I can see where a wife can feel resentful over a husband spending money (and not on drugs and alcohol and such), even if it's for his job. (The all-important job. Bow down and worship. It's what allows a woman to stay at home with the kids. Sorry, sometimes I sound bitter, but I'm really just shaking my head at myself.)

Lori today on her stay off the computer post:

I have made the commitment to myself that I can not be on any social media sites after 4:00 p.m. and it's helped a lot!

Posted at approximately 5:51 pm Pacific time.

:shifty-kitty:

Husbands and money....I put the kibosh on the hub's last paycheck...the car insurance will be taken out of his account BEFORE his next check comes...so I told him he could only spend x dollars. Why? It's HIS responsibility to make sure he has the $$ in the bank and figure out when something is due vs. when he gets paid. He often "forgets" and although we have overdraft protection, I really don't want to hear it. So...no, you can't go blowing $$ when there's a bill due before your next check (its an automatic debit). I take on the lion's share of the financial responsibility (planning when to pay bills) and occasionally he'll get goofy when I'm working/making good money and think that he can do whatever b/c he knows I'll pay the bills. 

We had a nice LOOOOOOONG talk about it. I pay the bills and I'll decide whose account it comes out of...end of discussion. Don't like it? Tough shit. I basically run on a percentage basis...my income is X% of our total income, his income is Y% of our total income. The bills get split that way. I pay X%, he pays Y%. 

The piece of shit above needs to get over himself. 

12 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Ah... I didn't know that. ? That's what happens when a (relative) newbie jumps into a conversation without knowing the full background. I haven't read all of the previous threads. I don't have the internal fortitude for the full 57 as she makes me so angry with her terrible advice on being the perfect doormat.

8 hours ago, Loveday said:

I have made the commitment to myself that I can not be on any social media sites after 4:00 p.m. and it's helped a lot!

She said “social media “ sites. Not the computer in general. After 4 she’s probably scanning all the MRA sues “researching “ the next day’s posts

Sometimes I think that Ken encourages Lori’s social media addiction because it keeps her busy, away from him, and is an addiction that doesn’t cost him money, like shopping.

I can speak for myself knowing that there are times I have spent too much time online, I’ve realized I barely spoke to my husband and know that means I need to put a timer on.

I've thought the same thing. Ken doesn't stop her because it keeps her out of his hair.

He can go eat his crackers with canned cheese and make a good burger instead of having to eat Lori's nasty crap.

3 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

She said “social media “ sites. Not the computer in general. After 4 she’s probably scanning all the MRA sues “researching “ the next day’s posts

Wait, aren't the MRA sites considered social media as well? :think:  I thought any interactive sites--whether it's Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or forums/blogs etc-- are 'social media.'  I've always looked at places like FJ as such, at any rate! We're certainly social enough in here! :pb_lol:  

And let's not forget her middle-of-the-night You-Tubing. Her feverishly whispered diatribes in the dark against immodest women who are tempting Ken. But maybe she re-sets the clock at midnight. LOL.

Now, if she was just on Ancestry doing her family tree after 4pm, I'd give her a pass. But on Facebook at 5:30pm, telling us she can't be there after 4pm?  Lori, honey, you need to realise the internet puts a time stamp on everything!  :my_biggrin:

7 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Ah... I didn't know that. ? That's what happens when a (relative) newbie jumps into a conversation without knowing the full background. I haven't read all of the previous threads. I don't have the internal fortitude for the full 57 as she makes me so angry with her terrible advice on being the perfect doormat.

We would never ask you too. I do, however,  highly recommend that you read the Ken wherein he came to school us evil feminists and got scared off.

25 minutes ago, EmiGirl said:

We would never ask you too. I do, however,  highly recommend that you read the Ken wherein he came to school us evil feminists and got scared off.

Ah! "The Ken Threads."  Sometimes I go back and read those just so I can laugh really hard. You can just imagine the spittle flying from his mouth as he gets more and more frustrated with us lesbian, job-stealing, witch-crafting, feminist unsubmissive whores of Babylon.  

His impressive number of typos and grammatical errors were partially because he's an idiot and partially because he was JUST SO MAD at us he could not type well nor take the time to proof read. 

Good times! 

8 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Ah! "The Ken Threads."  Sometimes I go back and read those just so I can laugh really hard. You can just imagine the spittle flying from his mouth as he gets more and more frustrated with us lesbian, job-stealing, witch-crafting, feminist unsubmissive whores of Babylon.  

His impressive number of typos and grammatical errors were partially because he's an idiot and partially because he was JUST SO MAD at us he could not type well nor take the time to proof read. 

Good times! 

I think cabinetman is involved with those as well.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived