IGNORED

Lori Alexander 57: The Wisdom and the Folly

@Koala and @feministxtian, the descriptions you and so many others give of your marriages give me life. I may be 66 and single (I like to tell people I get divorced every 20 years like clockwork, but then my exes die too young) and quite content to be, but your stories let me know that the institution of marriage isn’t a complete disaster for everyone.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Lori would sit her ass at home and continue her nasty screeds if faced with the same situation.

My vision of Lori is that if Ken had major possibly life-ending surgery scheduled, she'd be racing to check out the life insurance situation and preparing to transfer everything into solely her name.   I do think she'd show up to the hospital, but she'd make sure to have her posts scheduled well in advance and she'd be on her phone constantly doing her "research.

Putting this under a spoiler because it’s so disgusting.  WARNING racist BS X 100!

i don’t know how that Bitch can leave this up.  FU Lori!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

3BF53A7B-8DF0-402C-8FEA-20BCF791617F.thumb.png.d401fdfdd38d8271404e2daf143ba767.png

This was shared by Transformed wife 2.0 and is from Alexander’s blog.   

4 hours ago, Koala said:

Wow, Lori.  Mocking women with disabled husbands / disabled men for not "working hard and providing for their families"? Taking it to a new low, I see.

Lori can take her attitude and stick it where the son don't shine.  My first husband was disabled, and that was never, EVER a problem in our marriage.  

My husband suffered a disability. We had two kids with disabilities. My husband could not be entrusted with the care of our kids alone.  All our kids were little (elementary aged and below), so NEITHER of us could "work hard providing for the family" - which meant we needed all the social programs and support available.  Foodshare, the diaper bank, food pantries, disability payments from work and from federal and state...without it, we would have been homeless.

I guess that makes my husband Big Daddy Gubberment, according to Lori?  I do not even begin to understand what I was supposed to do according to these people's theology.

Catholic charities helped twice with rent.  Salvation Army helped twice with utilities. (This was after two month hospitalizations).

Some INDIVIDUALS from the church helped.   Actual churches (buildings organized as 501(c)(3))...no. Not so much.

I am thankful for the individuals who helped; they expressed love and no judgement.  I am thankful for the social programs and government support.

We ought not judge the disabled population.  We ought love the disabled population and their families, doing everything we can to bear the burden.  

Yes, I know persons who are on disability who shouldn't be. They are not my concern; this is not my problem.

Yes, I believe those who are disabled should be encouraged to do some type of meaningful activity, lest they become depressed. I'm not suggesting the disabled should be encouraged to be lazy and without purpose.  

I'm saying we ought be compassionate and understanding of all persons and their situations.

Speaking as a widow who is disabled(I’m on SSDI and last worked in 2015, although I would work again if a suitable part time job opened up), I would bet dollars to donuts that Lori would consider anyone short of being paralyzed from the neck down or in a full-body cast to be faking it or “gaming the system”(and maybe if they tried real hard, they could learn to type with a stick in their mouth).

39 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Speaking as a widow who is disabled(I’m on SSDI and last worked in 2015, although I would work again if a suitable part time job opened up), I would bet dollars to donuts that Lori would consider anyone short of being paralyzed from the neck down or in a full-body cast to be faking it or “gaming the system”(and maybe if they tried real hard, they could learn to type with a stick in their mouth).

let me shove an insulin pump cannula in her stomach and a CGM in the back of her arm. Tell her she has to take enzymes with everything she eats and some of her "salad" shit will wreak havoc on her digestive system (like can be used for chemical warfare). THEN let her tell me that's not a disability. I will bust that bitch in the mouth. 

Sorry folks, this bullshit makes my blood boil. 

53 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

I do not even begin to understand what I was supposed to do according to these people's theology.

According to Lori's Bible you were supposed to just stay home, take care of the kids, make sure to 'give' your husband as much sex as he could handle, and trust her god to bring in the goodies.  If no help was forthcoming, then it would be your fault for not trusting her god enough, not taking care of all of your husband's 'needs,' or sinning in some other evil feminist way.  :pb_rollseyes: 

Again, Lori can take her 'biblical womanhood' and shove it.  

Fundie Christianity often turns out to be an amalgamation of eleventy billion rules and restrictions that "exempt" Christians from having to help others, and simultaneously eleventy billion justifications for why others should always be forced to help them.  

“You are misunderstanding what I wrote. Those wives who have disabled husbands and have to work full time must understand that life would be much better for them IF their husbands weren’t disabled and were able to be the providers so the wives could be home full time. Therefore, they should fully support God’s command that women be keepers at home even if they cannot be.”

This is her response to a comment on that post.  This makes her even more offensive. She’s telling women to wish their partners weren’t disabled so they don’t have to work??? What the actual f—. There’s so much wrong in that. Depending on the circumstances behind the disability, how about being glad they’re alive, or wishing the disability gone for their partners sake?

‘Tis the season to be Lori....... ?

She’s really making me mad now. She’s pure definition of wicked. Her hatred of working women has to be personal. I agree that I think Ken had an affair.

Since Mr Kool had his stroke he is completely paralyzed on his right side, this means I have to do everything for him and in the house, yard and cars.  Chop wood, 50 lb bags of salt for water conditioner, run the garbage to the dump.  I don’t love it but damn I got muscles.  I’m so fucking happy he’s alive. I don’t care if I have to do this forever. 

I bet Lori wouldn’t do jack shit for Ken!

20 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Since Mr Kool had his stroke he is completely paralyzed on his right side, this means I have to do everything for him and in the house, yard and cars.  Chop wood, 50 lb bags of salt for water conditioner, run the garbage to the dump.  I don’t love it but damn I got muscles.  I’m so fucking happy he’s alive. I don’t care if I have to do this forever. 

I bet Lori wouldn’t do jack shit for Ken!

I'm fortunate that Mr. Xtian is in good enough shape to work part time and do stuff around the house...BUT...like you, I'm just so fucking happy he's alive that it doesn't really matter. Admittedly it'd be easier if my back wasn't fucked up and I have limits on what I can do but shit, it doesn't really matter (and my standards have slipped WAY down these days). 

Sending you and Mr. Kool hugs, love, and all that good shit. 

Aside from the hateful, disgusting message, Lori should know that if several people don't understand what she's saying, the issue is with HER writing, not with the other people's reading comprehension.

ETA: Some brain trust on her "Feminism goal is to get women to work for people outside their families meme" wrote:

How would anything ever get done at home?

GEE. I DON'T KNOW. Maybe it's that overwhelmingly, women do the housework AFTER they get home. Almost like some kind of a...a second shift, if you will. JFC...

Possible scenario: 

Ken cheats on Lori and he blames it on her for all the crap she's pulled over the years. Possibly he blames her if she wasn't interested or able to give Ken all the sex he wanted.  In turn Lori blames working women and all women who wear revealing clothing for continuing to tempt Ken. 

Lori also blames her mother for not teaching her how to be a Godly wife. 

I work with someone who's husband passed away earlier this year.  He was diagnosed with ALS shortly after their marriage more than 25 years ago.  She worked and at times I think the companionship and support of her co-workers was the only thing that kept her sane on those darkest days.  I challenge Lori to walk 2 steps in their shoes.  She has not one compassionate or caring cell in her being.  She is truly the meanest of the mean.

@wallysmommy, your story reminds me of my dad's younger sister.  Her husband was diagnosed with MS early in the marriage and my aunt always taught school.  They remained married until my uncle died.  I do think she enjoyed the support and companionship of her fellow teachers because her M-I-L was a batshit crazy fundie.

Fuck your Lori. There is a special place in hell for you! My dad had MS and literally worked until he couldn’t walk. He was working as an electrician and had to walk with a cane. No where in the Bible does it say women can’t work. Nowhere does it say that women should feel guilty because they have to work. You know what the Bible does talk about a lot? Laziness. 

When my dad could no longer physically work god provided my mom with a full time job. She not only worked full time but also part time. Guess what? Her kids helped take care of the house and our dad. Did we care that she couldn’t be home with us? Not really because we knew if my mom didn’t work we wouldn’t eat. 

At the end of my dads life, when he was on hospice, lots of people came to stay with my dad to help us out. My older brother and I also worked to help with the bills. 

Again I say fuck you Lori. @Ken have your wife stand down. 

Here's the real message of Lori's latest doodle. It's not really about women with disabled husbands, it's about LORI:

A woman in either of these situation should acknowledge that yes, indeed, the best and safest place for women is to be keepers at home just as God has called them to be yet she is unable to do that at this time. She will continue to pray that she will be able to be a keeper at home one day and search out her options, but until that time, she will fully support women who teach women to be keepers at home because she knows that God's ways are best!

Hear that? You women with disabled husbands can work if you absolutely have to, but by golly, while you're doing that, the most important thing is fully supporting Lori. Telling Lori she's right. Don't be thinking God Lori approves of what you're doing. She does NOT. :naughty:  You'd better be feeling guilty as hell, because working to support your family while your husband is disabled is NOT Gods' Ways!* :COLERE:

Lori has just taken that Mean Girl mentality of hers to a new low.

*Am I the only one who wants to call the grammar police on her and Ken every time they use the phrase "God's Ways?" :angry-banghead:

24 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Fuck your Lori. There is a special place in hell for you! My dad had MS and literally worked until he couldn’t walk. He was working as an electrician and had to walk with a cane. No where in the Bible does it say women can’t work. Nowhere does it say that women should feel guilty because they have to work. You know what the Bible does talk about a lot? Laziness. 

When my dad could no longer physically work god provided my mom with a full time job. She not only worked full time but also part time. Guess what? Her kids helped take care of the house and our dad. Did we care that she couldn’t be home with us? Not really because we knew if my mom didn’t work we wouldn’t eat. 

At the end of my dads life, when he was on hospice, lots of people came to stay with my dad to help us out. My older brother and I also worked to help with the bills. 

Again I say fuck you Lori. @Ken have your wife stand down. 

Sounds like my parents. My dad got MS when I was 9 (in 1979). He was able to work until I went to college then got a medical retirement. My mom always worked. I never thought a thing about it. I knew I would see her in the evening and she would be there for me. 

My dad still did pretty well until about 2012. He could no longer get out of bed or do anything for himself. My mom was blessed with a job at a company that let her work at home on her own schedule when his condition deteriorated so badly. She cared for him until he died in 2016. 

Is it possible that Ken is so checked out by the drama Lori causes online that he no longer reads here nor the comments? 

Maybe Ken is so checked out that he has no idea how bad and mean Lori is getting? Lori’s spite has to be pathological, right?

The only other reason is that Ken is willing to jeopardize his name, business, and reputation because he dislikes communicating with Lori THAT much and would do anything but take social media away from her.

Also, I definitely believe the theory that Ken had an affair more and more. It makes sense & is logical. He was gone half of the year and this woman is not easy to live with. IF Ken has not admitted to an affair, I bet Lori deeply believes he had one anyway, with a working woman!

5 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Is it possible that Ken is so checked out by the drama Lori causes online that he no longer reads here nor the comments? 

Maybe Ken is so checked out that he has no idea how bad and mean Lori is getting? Lori’s spite has to be pathological, right?

The only other reason is that Ken is willing to jeopardize his name, business, and reputation because he dislikes communicating with Lori THAT much and would do anything but take social media away from her.

Nah, Kenny-boy still weighs in on Lori's drivel every now and then. He defends her...but who knows what goes on behind closed doors. All I can say is @Ken you better tell your bitch to sit down and shut up. Have your internet cut off or take her damn computer away. Tell her that if she's so bored she can go find a fucking JOB and spend her own goddamn money instead of spending all of yours. 

8 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

IF Ken has not admitted to an affair, I bet Lori deeply believes he had one anyway, with a working woman!

Even if he didn't, does Lori think he did?  Not that I'd be surprised at all if he did, but suppose for a moment that he's innocent (of an actual affair, at least) but she is convinced otherwise. Would she think that a lack of evidence just means he's good at hiding it from her? How would that play into her paranoid hate for working women, wondering which one, or ones, he's screwed? 

I think it’s very possible Lori believes Ken had an affair and takes it out by bashing working women instead of ever talking it through with him. After all, she believes men are hapless walking penises with no impulse control and Ken frocliked about the country for half a year for many years to make a living. She is pretty unemotional about most things but she needs to make sure Ken continues to finance her expensive butter, regardless if he’s had an affair or not.

Lori’s posts continue to get mean(ER)-spirited over time. I don’t know if that’s due to age, issues with her daughter-in-laws now that her precious sons are married, going VIRAL & not liking the outrage, writing a book & not being voted “most popular”, or simply releasing her true feelings with less of a filter.

How do we know if she still hired a home keeper?

Was Ken always in business for himself as a dental consultant or was he working for a firm back in the day???

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived