IGNORED

Lori Alexander 57: The Wisdom and the Folly

7 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Lori is a bitch. She is a mean girl. 

I find it hard to believe that anyone can be that dense and unable to listen to what people tell her. I also find it shocking how little she cares about other people. 

My dad was disabled and my mom worked. This is what people do so they don't starve to death. (We wouldn't have starved to death, but my parents didn't/couldn't live with their parents forever.)  This has nothing to do with God or the Bible. This has everything to do with living in an country that is indifferent at best to the poor, due to capitalism, sexism, and religion. If your religion preaches a "loving God" but that loving God expects for women and children to die rather than work, than that religion is full of shit and doesn't make any sense. 

If Ken is having affairs, I want to know who on earth would want to affair with him. He's gross.  

My money is on dumb and narcissistic. When was the last time she posted anything nice? Praising another person's work, or the beauty found in nature, or thanking someone for introducing her to a nice song/play/book? Her life is probably my nightmare, it sounds SO boring. She will never have the joy of getting a raise, or the rush of meeting a deadline, or seeing her art on TV. She'll never feel the adrenaline of climbing to the top of a mountain or meeting a goal in any type of athletic endeavor. She will never experience being welcomed into people's homes and watching kids of all shapes, sizes, colors, creeds all hit the party pinata and fight for the Doritos.

How did she not learn anything about humanity in college? Why is she so terrible? 

I enjoy your observation. I honestly believe it goes beyond narcissism as in she quite possibly has antisocial behavior. Her personality is very, very dark and toxic. I don’t ever hear her talking about Jesus. She is hellbent on shaming women who she believes do not follow the (her) “commandments”. This has turned into a sick game for her and is not healthy. People like Lori really scare me because the idea that there’s people like her & Trump lurking out there is terrifying. 

Did anyone else notice that on Alyssa’s Instagram post, DIL Emily chimed in on what’s beautiful to her? I feel so bad for them having to deal with Lori.15E4058F-9B0B-46B3-8495-B0CC3ED386AB.thumb.jpeg.a46b20a80193514ee0062aac6cdbacbe.jpeg

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

???                                                     

8 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Found these two -gems- on Lori’s post about how college taught her nothing

So obviously, Lori LOVES the Duggars because Jana is 28 and stays at home ?

9E384420-E01E-41E9-A128-3912ED729E04.thumb.jpeg.cc289b510c60e3476e00d91b078378f9.jpeg

She also said this about nurses: 

31C4EF70-1F03-40C5-8EA4-276ABF62D9D8.jpeg.a51f4f077629de4766642844648a03c7.jpeg

So she doesn’t want married woman to be nurses because they won’t be able to take care of their children properly but she doesn’t want  single women to be nurses either because they aren’t supposed to go to college. I really don’t understand this woman

My inner history nerd is ragging. Women worked outside the home way before the WWI. Where did she think came all the female domestic staff that the better of households employed? Or the shopgirls, the factory girls, all the female teachers? A large part of the suffrage movement where working women not only fighting for political and social equality, but also for economic equality. Having succussfull finished college and become a teacher with that false knowledge is a mystery to me.

And my ho confession. I'm a poor orphan and my brother refuses to support me as a stay at home sister, I have to ho away my days at work, in a pharmacy. But since I'm also a jezebel, I enjoy my work and gain more than my paycheck out of it. And yes, I'm tired after work, I stand or walk around all the time, but a part of me likes to be tired after work. It showes me I did something instead of sitting on my ass all day and thinking I'm some importent influence for "biblical womenhood" and spewing it trow the internet into the world.

To all the fellow 'hos out there, I invite you if you like beer to try Hoegarden.  I bought it because of the name to recognize my inner 'ho. 

Seriously, whoring is not a word I prefer to use, nor did we use it as standard vocabulary growing up, and certainly not when teaching or sharing a "ministry."  My mom did say that my grandmother called my adulterous grandfather's girlfriend a "who-er" like someone who lives in Whoville.  

This headline for her blog shows she is an attention whore, as we have already ascertained.  She also has a weird level of schadenfreude taking joy in the misery and hardships of her fangirls.  Is her Thanksgiving prayer going to be "Thank you, God, that I'm better than the rest of them.  And could you please rain down toads on those wicked, working women so that they see the error of their ways and come to know the TRUTH as I have so patiently preached to them.  In the name of homeschooling and babymaking, Amen."

5 hours ago, Liza said:

???                                                     

I couldn’t get past her claim that villages near Hiroshima that drank a lot of green tea were unaffected by radiation. It’s nice to know that you’ve heard the dumbest thing you’ll hear all day and it’s only 9:30. 

5 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

My inner history nerd is ragging. Women worked outside the home way before the WWI. Where did she think came all the female domestic staff that the better of households employed? Or the shopgirls, the factory girls, all the female teachers? A large part of the suffrage movement where working women not only fighting for political and social equality, but also for economic equality. Having succussfull finished college and become a teacher with that false knowledge is a mystery to me.

Some-one once told me that girls only went into service in order to marry their employers. And cited Jane Eyre as the source.

Leaving aside Jane refused to marry Rochester when she found out he was already married and refused St John Rivers later in the story. By the time she eventually married Rochester,  she was a women of more than moderate means and he had fallen on hard times. They married as equals not in a power imbalance.

Now that this has occurred to me I'm wondering why it never came to mind before, but...do you suppose that when Lori was working all those years ago she found herself attracted to some man other than her husband, and is judging all of those evil working women by what she knows about herself?  Not that a momentary attraction to someone else is evil, but we know how that idea goes over in Loriland.  She sees a male coworker, thinks 'wow, he's hot,' equates that to actually jumping in bed with him, and from that extrapolates that all working women desperately want her husband.  Since she thinks working women are helpless in the face of their lust for all men, the only way to avoid that is to keep them at home, and away from Ken.  This is a neverending topic for her, and I can't help wondering if she is projecting her own (she believes) sinful urges on everyone else.  

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

It’s nice to know that you’ve heard the dumbest thing you’ll hear all day and it’s only 9:30. 

Now that’s just tempting the universe to one-up her.  Il Douche probably hasn’t even started tweeting for the day yet!

59 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Some-one once told me that girls only went into service in order to marry their employers. And cited Jane Eyre as the source.

Leaving aside Jane refused to marry Rochester when she found out he was already married and refused St John Rivers later in the story. By the time she eventually married Rochester,  she was a women of more than moderate means and he had fallen on hard times. They married as equals not in a power imbalance.

Yes, because one novel is a representation of all of society for all the centuries that women have worked in domestic service. A woman in service was far more likely to be either seduced or raped by her employer, then turned out of the house if she got pregnant, than she was to end up married to a rich guy.

Ooohhh, can we have a Jane Eyre thread drift, pretty please? :romance-inlove:

Let's be real, though, how many fundies have actually read that book? They probably know just the one 'fact:' poor governess marries rich employer. End of story. :pb_rollseyes:

33 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Let's be real, though, how many fundies have actually read that book? They probably know just the one 'fact:' poor governess marries rich employer. End of story. :pb_rollseyes:

I did growing up. I read my mom's copy from when she was a girl. My fundie mother introduced me to Shakespeare and Greek mythology. 

16 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I did growing up. I read my mom's copy from when she was a girl. My fundie mother introduced me to Shakespeare and Greek mythology. 

I'm glad to know that. I probably shouldn't have made quite such a sweeping generalisation. :tw_flushed: 

Not sure if I'm a ho now, but I definitely used to ho myself out as a salesperson of myriad services before I was a mom of multiples.  

Seriously, though...has it occurred to Lori that THE Whore mentioned in the Bible isn't a woman working, or a woman with tattoos and debt from getting a BSN who lost her virginity before marriage?

THE Whore is...

The works-based Religious System.

Ah, the irony.

47 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I'm glad to know that. I probably shouldn't have made quite such a sweeping generalisation. :tw_flushed: 

There are a lot of variations in fundies even though the core beliefs are rotten. From the outside it might be hard to see. It's okay. :)

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I couldn’t get past her claim that villages near Hiroshima that drank a lot of green tea were unaffected by radiation.

This caught me too.  I went to ground zero a couple of times when I lived in Japan years ago and there is still active radiation there.  The tour guides and experts at the peace park said there were lasting, irreversible effects on the people of the time and those effects continue into our modern day.  No amount of green tea is going to make a dent in the levels of contamination they have lived with all these decades. 

To all my fellow workin' girls, keep doing what you do!  Raise them babies, type those memos, take those vitals, tweak that website, sling them parts.  Haters are gonna hate, and I believe that's all Lori is...a hater.  She's desperately jealous of men and women who have happy lives doing good things without having to be told or reminded.  I reeeaaaally want to put the Katt Williams haters comment video up but I'mma refrain, he's got a little mouth on him :laughing-rofl:  But if you need a chuckle or just need a little personal affirmation, Google: "Katt Williams hater gonna hate"

Also, I hope everyone has a fabulous Thanksgiving tomorrow. Whether you're doing the Chinese food and football route or cooking it up, I sincerely hope your day is peaceful.  :turkey:

27 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Haters are gonna hate, and I believe that's all Lori is...a hater.  She's desperately jealous of men and women who have happy lives doing good things without having to be told or reminded.

@Imrlgoddess  You knocked this one out of the ball park!   

On Lori's "Good" YouTube post she states, "A popular female preacher wanted to have a debate with me."

Just who is this "popular female preacher," Lori? 

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

I didn't read Jane Eyre until after I saw the Toby Stephens as Mr. Rochester (2006 BBC) version when I was recovering from gall bladder surgery two years ago. I fell in love with *that* Mr. Rochester and saw him as I was reading.

So I was driving to work this morning, and obviously I started thinking of Lori, and how she's never had to work, nor does she even want to, and I just felt kind of sad. I also realized that she probably thinks the same thing about me - how I'll never experience whatever emotion she gets from staying at home.

But for me, I don't think I would be very happy. My family has always been the kind of people to work. My maternal grandmother picked cherries in the summer and worked in the fish markets in winter, and she did that as a widow, then she remarried, moved, and raised more kids, while working on the farm and selling produce roadside, until all the kids were in school, then she worked at JC Penny.

ALL of her daughters worked - hospitals and teachers. My uncles went into the military and married women who worked, except for the youngest who went to college and married a woman who stayed home due to mental illness and religion. My dad's side is much smaller, but my aunt was forced to marry, hated him and my grandfather for it, ended up writing for a newspaper, being scandalous and divorcing and remarrying, and now in her 80s is still 'working.' (She sings and plays piano) Even the two stay-at-home women I can think of in my extended family volunteered and/or did work at their church. My dad's younger brother married a special-ed teacher, and he was in the military. My cousin from them married, but works on the farm she owns with her husband, and her sister is a teacher, married to a mechanic. Everyone works in my family. 

I really don't understand how Lori somehow can equate her lack of humanity with godliness. She's selfish - if she really loved people, she would be using her privileged ass to help other people. She would find a volunteer position that suits her and would use whatever talent that God has given her to give back and help other people. She's got to have some sort of talent, right? Why is she so opposed to happiness?

20 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

So can the next title thread be like Hoes anonymous: taking apart Lori's teaching one Ho act at a time? Ho anonymous unite! 

So if I'm a criminal defense lawyer/public defender, does that make me a double ho? I mean, most of my clients are male and I work with a lot of men. Then there's the whole Martha Stewart thing which I am not. I can throw down a mean home cooked meal and bake but our house needs to be painted, there's cat and dog hair all over (we try but we have a Lab and two 17-year-old cats!). My husband is happy, so maybe that takes half a ho away?

Serious props to stay at home moms, single moms and moms who work outside the home.

20 minutes ago, KatBonD said:

On Lori's "Good" YouTube post she states, "A popular female preacher wanted to have a debate with me."

Just who is this "popular female preacher," Lori? 

She's probably making it up in an effort to make herself look better.  

Name or shens, Lori. 

Hijack: at the laundromat this week, there was a Consumer Reports magazine from earlier this year with an article ranking frozen pizzas. One paragraph went "If your favorite pie has more fat, calories and sodium than you'd like, try limiting yourself to one slice, then rounding out your meal with a big salad."

20 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

She's probably making it up in an effort to make herself look better.  

Name or shens, Lori. 

If I had to take a stab at it, I'd say it was To Love Honor and Vacuum (Sheila G). 

Nevertheless, Lori didn't refuse because "she's not a good speaker"...

Lori refused because she wants everyone to KNOW that she isn't a good speaker, and because SHE isn't a good speaker, this means ALL WOMEN are also not good speakers, and therefore, it is proven (by Lori's experience) that NO woman should be speaking (preaching) at all, at any time, anywhere, ever.

Basically, if Lori isn't any good at something, NO OTHER WOMAN should be permitted to do it, either.  Because. 

On 11/20/2018 at 1:46 PM, delphinium65 said:

On with the Ho Anonymous meeting:

I am nokidsmom and I am a ho.  I have been ho'ing since I was 16 when I took my first job in fast food so I could have money for college and make me even more of a ho.   Worked my way through college so I guess that makes me a double ho during that time?    I have spent more than 40 years being a ho, so I can pay the bills and contribute to the household financially in a partnership with Mr. No.    Hell, my ho'ing saved our bacon financially when Mr. No was out of work for over 2 years during the last recession.  That is one of the reasons why I went to college: not only to provide for myself but have an ability to provide if my spouse lost a job, something that Lori doesn't understand.  

I didn't ho yesterday because I had the day off from my pimp my employer, but I am back ho'ing today working my IT job.  I won't ho tomorrow but I will be busy cooking up things to take to my sister's (who also is a ho) for Thanksgiving.  

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived