IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 4: Lick the Fork

HerNameIsBuffy

22 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I think it is best Gwen dropped the curly hair look from a few years ago. 

Did anyone notice there was a bride in that photo?  Yeah, me neither.  ?

Seriously, Gwen can do her hair any gravity-defying way she wants, but because she's a church leader, her followers should question her motives, finances,  and authority.  Her latest devotionals seem to be trying to guilt and/or divert her followers from questioning any of that.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Did anyone notice there was a bride in that photo?  Yeah, me neither.  ?

Seriously, Gwen can do her hair any gravity-defying way she wants, but because she's a church leader, her followers should question her motives, finances,  and authority.  Her latest devotionals seem to be trying to guilt and/or divert her followers from questioning any of that.

I imagine this whole divorce, engagement, wedding thing maybe didn't go as flawlessly as planned. Maybe people are starting to see thru Joe's charming ways. FYI-I don't know him so I can't attest that he's charming at all. 

19 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

I imagine this whole divorce, engagement, wedding thing maybe didn't go as flawlessly as planned.

Especially since Gwen is creating an entirely different narrative where it seems like she is implying she was divorced long before she actually was. 

On 12/1/2018 at 2:04 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

The curly hair is definitely OTT, but it's more attractive and looks in better condition than that dead mop thing on her head that currently passes for a hairdo.

Curly 'do could be a wig though.

The curly do is an Irish Dancer's wig. Which is adorable on a 5 - 15 year old girl in costume.  And frightening on the Portrait of Dorian Grey.

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

So how do you commit to your authority? How do you commit to God? You lay down fears that you will be abused. 

So giving into authority(Gwen) is making a commitment to God and you need to stop worrying that your authority(Gwen) will abuse you and your family in some way. 

Wow. That's about as blatant as it gets. Just trust, folks, even if there is a likely chance of abuse. :pb_eek:  ?

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Just because Christ served the world under the authority of God, it does not mean that Christ lost His identity.

That quote makes me wonder if her reasoning behind saying the Trinity is not one entity was  convincing people that being under her authority will not erase their identity.

9 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Today's devotional is still harping on authority. Are there some problems with her minions where they don't want to accept her word as God's word?

So giving into authority(Gwen) is making a commitment to God and you need to stop worrying that your authority(Gwen) will abuse you and your family in some way. 

Women do get to have some personality outside of their husband and children. But probably not outside of Gwen. Lord help you if you don't like the wedding she planned for you! 

Oh yes, don't point out that the people who refuse to question Gwen are mindlessly following her! And if people do question mindless following, well they are just listening to Satan. 

Smart people mindlessly follow Gwen. You will be saved if you follow her without question!

Lose yourself in following Gwen and your life will go better. 

Wondering if maybe she's afraid some of her flock are straying?  They are certainly aware of us, if someone is already wondering and does some research, they might be more interested in leaving.  And she's terrified of that.  I'm sure that there is a lot of other information "out there" besides FJ, and it might be that she's losing members or knows of some who are thinking of leaving, or at least are beginning to question her.

On 12/1/2018 at 11:38 AM, formergothardite said:

Hide contents

Is she channeling evil little bo peep? Or wants to hang with Harry Potter?

On 12/1/2018 at 10:38 AM, formergothardite said:

Hide contents

Catching up here....Holy Good Ship Lollipop ?

(And thank you everyone for your kind words and condolences ❤)

That curly do reminds me of the Pomeroy sisters. 

Gwen is just batcrap crazy. I have no words.

Today's devotional is about how you totally aren't a failure, you just need to take Gwen's advice. 

You are not a failure. I say this with all my heart. YOU are NOT a failure! You’ve just been applying the wrong procedures to this choice of overindulging or this desire to end the strongholds in your life. 

It looks like Gwen has a few strongholds in her life she needs to work on. I think she has made an idol out of her hair, clothing and material possessions. She and her devoted followers don't ever want to discuss that, though. 

But this fact is very important – you have what it takes to be thin or to let go of any stronghold. 

That is right Gwen! You have it in you to let go of all your material belongings, downsize and spend all that money you spend on yourself helping others. You can do it! Just stop being selfish!

God has seen that you are very skilled at pursuing your true love. For those who love food, God has seen you dream about food, dress for food, and put your passion into the planning, content, presentation, and taste of food. You have listened for the voice of food and responded when it called your name. You have encouraged others to appreciate the food and indulge in the food along with you. Yes, you have been a good advocate for the food and an obedient servant to your food god. So you see, you ARE a good lover. What a relief! Because love IS the answer for being set free from strongholds of any kind! Now TRANSFER that love over to your patient, deserving, Heavenly Father, and you will be amazed at the changes you can make!

Gwen, God has seen that you are very skilled at pursuing your true love. For you Gwen it is being thin and accumulating wealth and power. God has seen you dream about material things of this world, dress for these expensive parties you continually throw, and put your passion into the planning, content, presentation and taste when it comes to worldly possessions. You have listened to the voice of the world and responded when it called your name. You have encouraged others to appreciate the expensive things you love and indulge in frivolous spending along with you. You have been a good advocate for the things of this world and an obedient servant to your hair, clothing and possessions god. Now TRANSFER that love over to God and you will be AMAZED at the changes you can make in this world when you stop spending so much money on yourself and stop encouraging your church members to behave in the same way! 

I'm assuming there will be a deafening silence from RF about Gwen giving into the god of worldly posessions. 

That's such an interesting devotional, and good work on reconfiguring it into terms Gwen can apply to her own life, @formergothardite.

Gwen is pretty clever.  If you are trying to get money from dealing with someone who is trying not to think about food, why not put the word "food" nine times into your short devotional.  (In my case, substituting the word "chocolate" would be more effective.)  It reinforces the word in their brain, probably makes them drool and crave it even more, thereby sabotaging their own efforts to not think about food.  But wait!  You are not a failure, and if you buy some more of Gwen's products, all will be well and you won't be thinking about food, food, food...  Trust her. 

For some reason, this made me think of Robert Tilton's rebuttal of ABC Prime Time Live's expose of his lavish lifestyle.  I can totally hear Gwen say "I can tell you that you can have the best, but I ain't supposed to have nuthin'?  Get that religious garbage out of your brain!"

Yep, Gwen is like the long, long list of mega preachers who take money for the Lord and lavish themselves with large amounts of things because God doesn't want them to share the money! He wants them to live in massive houses and travel and buy huge amounts of expensive clothing! That is what Jesus would do! 

One thing I noticed with this devotional is that we have entered the Advent/Christmas season and the focus of the devotionals has nothing to do with the birth of Christ. Does Gwen not do Christmas stuff? 

Robert Tilton will always and forever be The Farting Preacher, and nothing else.  Thus sayeth me.  

Youtube will not let me embed it here...just go and put in that title and you'll get it.  You're welcome. 

11 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Yep, Gwen is like the long, long list of mega preachers who take money for the Lord and lavish themselves with large amounts of things because God doesn't want them to share the money! He wants them to live in massive houses and travel and buy huge amounts of expensive clothing! That is what Jesus would do! 

One thing I noticed with this devotional is that we have entered the Advent/Christmas season and the focus of the devotionals has nothing to do with the birth of Christ. Does Gwen not do Christmas stuff? 

Gwen would argue that she does share with her parishioners because she holds so many events in her own home. And she invotes some of them with her to Destin. Of course I don’t think this is all that generous since they are basically her “entourage.” 

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Robert Tilton will always and forever be The Farting Preacher, and nothing else.  Thus sayeth me.  

Youtube will not let me embed it here...just go and put in that title and you'll get it.  You're welcome. 

I know exactly what you’re talking about and the first time I watched that on YouTube I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. 

Well no devotional today! Usually they go up pretty early in the morning, but nothing so far. 

Oh my GOD that’s awesome. Always more room for crazy on YouTube.

54 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

The Farting Preacher video (the original) is very old - it was originally on VHS!  

Then that video went viral before YouTube ? I bet shared it by hand instead of a click! 

Yup my friends parents had a bootleg copy on vhs. I first saw it circa 1998 but Im not sure of the provenance of the tape. Sooooo feeaking funny to 13 yo me. And 33 me. 

they finally put up Gwen's daily devotional. It seems to be pretty much a repeat of an earlier one. 

God has programmed an amazing characteristic deep inside each of us: The more you eat, the more you will want…but the LESS you eat, the LESS you will want! This is true for shopping, for alcohol, for drugs, or for self-indulgent hours in the day. “More” is not necessarily better, and in fact, greed feels horrible! Of course, you have to obtain what your body calls for – but then STOP the minute you have had enough of sleep, food, shopping, alcohol, talking, etc. You will feel so content, and you will receive such blessings! Just test this today and see what happens!

Gwen has horrible advice for addicts. For addicts they can't just stop. Pretty sure Gwen is addicted to whatever the hell she is doing to her hair and spending lots of money on herself. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

they finally put up Gwen's daily devotional. It seems to be pretty much a repeat of an earlier one. 

Gwen has horrible advice for addicts. For addicts they can't just stop. Pretty sure Gwen is addicted to whatever the hell she is doing to her hair and spending lots of money on herself. 

I am really just over her and them. Don't they know all of the horrible things that are going on in the world and all they focus on is not eating and obeying authority. Talk about living in the Brentwood bubble. I'd love not to talk about them anymore and have less of them in my life, but I won't receive any blessings by doing that. Oh wait, I would get a superficial relationship with my daughter. In order to do that, I'd have to say that everything they've done up until now is water under the bridge in order to receive that half assed blessing. Let me remind RF folks watching here that you started it.  I'm not ready to stop flipping the church, Gwen's house or the Day house off yet when I drive by. Kids from a very early age hear this BS. Basically being told everyday that you aren't good enough the way you are or that you aren't doing anything right by some narcissistic woman with a complex against fat people or people with addictions. Most of these don't even have a bible verses or anything to do with anything other than food and getting in line with authority. Current members, it's ok to have doubts, be your own person. Quit padding her wallet. Middle fingers up for Remnant Fellowship. I think I'll get bumper stickers made. 

Still waiting on the invite to meet so I can lay it all on the table for ya'll. Just so you have the accurate facts, data and timeline necessary before calling me a liar. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived