IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 4: Lick the Fork

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Gwen, the next time you hear the growl, it is telling you to use this (just apply it, don't eat it):

o-keeffe-s-lip-repair-1717-p.png

No Lip Smakers for them, they will eat the tube!

I asked the same thing earlier, she looks like she is wearing a bad Halloween costume all the time. Between the hair, her poorly blended, what has to be cheap foundation, to look that off and that dry and her dresses that all look a little like she got the closest size they had in the shop, but its just a bit too big dresses, she looks like a zombie bride or Bride oif Frankenstein.

All that money, but I suspect she has to be disordered to think she looks good, both in style and I suspect weight. I dont think she is sick like Elizabeth but I think both women hide in the outfits they choose due to how slim they are. The bagginess and long sleeves seem telling.

1 minute ago, tankgirl said:

No Lip Smakers for them, they will eat the tube!

I asked the same thing earlier, she looks like she is wearing a bad Halloween costume all the time. Between the hair, her poorly blended, what has to be cheap foundation, to look that off and that dry and her dresses that all look a little like she got the closest size they had in the shop, but its just a bit too big dresses, she looks like a zombie bride or Bride oif Frankenstein.

All that money, but I suspect she has to be disordered to think she looks good, both in style and I suspect weight. I dont think she is sick like Elizabeth but I think both women hide in the outfits they choose due to how slim they are. The bagginess and long sleeves seem telling.

Because no one would dare tell the truth for fear of getting on her bad side. It's like those friends that will tell you that you look great in something because deep down they don't want you to look better than they do. No one can be honest there except for the leaders I presume. No one dare have an opinion. 

13 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

Because no one would dare tell the truth for fear of getting on her bad side. It's like those friends that will tell you that you look great in something because deep down they don't want you to look better than they do. No one can be honest there except for the leaders I presume. No one dare have an opinion. 

Oh I so 100% agree with you I had to quote you! 

No one will tell the Prophetess she looks like the dead. Not directly, those waivering might think "WHAT?!?!" one day, but no one tells her to her face.

I do wonder if any one gets a bit shady sometimes, and drops her gifts of makeup kits, or gift cards to new salons, their best mate works at, praying she gets fixed up. Lol

4 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Oh my gosh @Winneepoo give a WiseGirl some notice before unleashing such big photos like that!  :pb_lol:

Yikes, but I totally see what you are saying about the makeup.  Very strange imo.

Yes, that was startling!

Does she have foundation on her lips?  And so much time on the hair and none on brow care?  Not being BEC, just trying to understand the priorities.

11 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Well the last couple of daily devotionals have totally left out the growl worship. 

Yesterday's devotional.

Today's 

This remark makes  me think that Gwen is surrounded by children who have had her teachings pushed on them way too young.

All the kid birthday parties I've been with have had plenty of children excited about the cake and ice cream! 

Question for those who have done her diet before. I was thinking about it this morning and I could have it wrong, but it seems from what I've read you only eat a small amount food to end the feelings of hunger. I was thinking of this when I ate my oatmeal this morning. Five bites in and I'm not longer really hungry. but if I stop eating now I'll be hungry again in about an hour. Plus I'll have just wasted an entire bowl of oatmeal. Is stopping eating and then eating again in another hour when I"m hungry again what she teaches? 

My friend that was doing WD 20 ish years ago described that.  She said the leader of the group at church that she went to said that if you want a McDonald's hamburger, go ahead and get one.  Take 2 or 3 bites and then you will be satisfied so just put the rest in the freezer for "later."

Fact I just learned in exercise and metabolism class: calorie restriction makes your body better at gaining weight. It gets more efficient at pulling energy from fewer calories. Basically Gwen's followers are practicing at gaining weight. Save them turning actually anorexic and foregoing food for the most part, she is training up a group of people who will always need her for their salvation.

53 minutes ago, Briefly said:

My friend that was doing WD 20 ish years ago described that.  She said the leader of the group at church that she went to said that if you want a McDonald's hamburger, go ahead and get one.  Take 2 or 3 bites and then you will be satisfied so just put the rest in the freezer for "later."

This advice makes good sense if it's addressing how to deal with an occasional unhealthy craving.  It does not make sense as daily guidance for the bulk of one's food.

Personal example:  I have a sweet tooth and the idea of never (or only on special occasions) getting to eat candy or dessert would be really discouraging to me.  So I work a deal with myself where I get one cookie after lunch and another after dinner, pretty much every day.  Knowing that I get these treats so often gives me the willpower to have just one each time as opposed to snarfing several at a time.

Of course this is all only relevant because I'm a few pounds overweight and determined to drop them.  If I was 20 pounds underweight I would let myself have all the cookies (as long as I also had enough nutritious food as well).

:tw_cookie: :tw_cookie:

1 hour ago, sleepy_doggos said:

Fact I just learned in exercise and metabolism class: calorie restriction makes your body better at gaining weight. It gets more efficient at pulling energy from fewer calories. Basically Gwen's followers are practicing at gaining weight. Save them turning actually anorexic and foregoing food for the most part, she is training up a group of people who will always need her for their salvation.

and that's why I don't gain weight but can't lose any either. My eating habits SUCK...it's only in the past few months I'll actually eat lunch too. According to my medical professional (lady) MD, I've wrecked my metabolism with the fucked up eating habits, hormonal shit (hysterectomy), and living under unbelievable amounts of stress for many years. I weigh anywhere between 215 and 220 no matter how much I do or don't eat. 

5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Does she have foundation on her lips?

This. Looking at those photos, all I can see is the foundation smeared all over her lips. :pb_confused: It doesn't seem like she's wearing any lipstick at all. A little lip color would go a long way towards making her look less like a reanimated corpse. She'd have a few thousand more miles to go, but still....

10 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yes, that was startling!

Does she have foundation on her lips?  And so much time on the hair and none on brow care?  Not being BEC, just trying to understand the priorities.

Foundation on the lips is a good way to prime your lips for lipstick, especially if you're using something very matte/high-pigment. NikkieTutorials is especially known for doing that. But she, ya know, remembers to put the lipstick on. 

She might also be under the misguided notion that a "nude" lip means that it's literally the color of your skin, which...unless it's very sheer, girl, no. 

Gwen either goes for the concealer lip look or a vampy deep dark color. I believe it has something to do with her wearing only white or black all the time.

Their food issues bring up two major things for me:

My own struggles with an ED when I was young and the treatment I underwent.  But hearing of Gwen's devotionals that @formergothardite posted didn't remind me of my own issues at all.  Gwen's teaching on food reminds me so much of my mom's approach to food when she was dying.

My mom was always about 10 lbs underweight for her liking despite eating more, including junk food, than most people.  She really enjoyed food - especially snacks.  Most people would be quite heavy if they ate like she did her entire life, but she just had a crazy metabolism that kept her naturally slender.

She used to say with each pregnancy she wanted to keep some of the baby weight but it always just fell off.  She was such a lovely person it was impossible to hate her even if she didn't gift her youngest daughter with the gift of being effortlessly thin.  :)

Point being she loved food.  When she was dying of cancer toward the end she was unable to eat much of anything but would crave certain things - the two big ones being Kraft Mac and Cheese (I said she loved food, not that she was a gourmet), and this specific cheesecake that came from a local Jewish bakery.  It was unlike any cheesecake I've ever had elsewhere, but she loved it.

Anyway, we'd joke it was like Rapunzel's mother who pined for a specific food ...so I'd make mac and cheese and we always had a fresh cheesecake in the house.

She'd eat maybe 2-3 noodles of the mac and cheese.  A tiny bit of the cheese cake, think a regular forkful and quarter it.  She'd often cry with happiness just to be able to taste it, even when she couldn't swallow even those small bits and had to spit them out.

She couldn't eat and thought about food all the time.  She lived for those moments and we were constantly making sure she had what she wanted for the times she felt well enough to "eat."

It breaks my heart that Gwen is teaching people to cultivate food habits of those who are critically ill and unable to eat.  

I don't even have a tldr - just a ramble about how sad this makes me.  

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If I believed in reincarnation I'd swear I just found Gwen's past life.

A doctor who is NO doctor 'curing' people with starvation.

Great podcast but some language nsfw.

https://ouijabroads.podbean.com/e/51-linda-hazzard-and-starvation-heights-part-one/

I’ve read about her before! Isn’t it amazing that people are still duped into this sort of thing today? When the internet and so much information is at your fingertips? Yet people choose to believe fake news and disbelieve peer reviewed studies. It’s just crazy to me how many people get rich selling snake oils and their own brand of religion in 2018. 

On 11/16/2018 at 9:13 AM, bea said:

My 9yo also has SPD - and both my kids have T1 Diabetes, so that’s SUPER FUN. She eats about ten foods. I’ve had lots (and lots and lots) of people tell me that I should just wait until she’s hungry, she’ll eat then, hurr hurr. Yes, we’ll, she’d also be dead because she’s stubborn AF and you can’t MAKE a kid eat.

I always got mad when people tried to give me that advice. The only time I ever tried to put my foot down about eating what was for dinner he didn't eat for 36 hours (because he also didn't like the next night's dinner). After that I taught him how to make easy stuff for himself. I only cook one dinner, but he's free to eat it or not. That was not a hill to die (potentially litteraly) on. The biggest problem we have now is that he'll eat the same thing so many times that he'll never eat it again, and we're back to me trying to find something reasonably nutritious that he'll eat.

focus.jpg.a2e9b32e92704d0dac4da7cc3becd877.jpg2015-11-18-1447861833-1859311-peoplestempleblackwoman-e1475154651927.jpg.e737348bb76fa69a4f6822edf64aa7df.jpghttps://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news/jonestown-sundance-docuseries-40th-anniversary-745064/

RF lurkers, do yourselves a favor:  take a sheet of paper after watching this series and see how many parallels you can see between the reality of the People's Temple of the 1970's and the reality behind the Zion Curtain of the Fellowship you dwell in.

If you readily dismiss this invitation to critical thought, ask yourselves the question .. why? 

1 hour ago, Pathologic Antagonist said:

focus.jpg.a2e9b32e92704d0dac4da7cc3becd877.jpg2015-11-18-1447861833-1859311-peoplestempleblackwoman-e1475154651927.jpg.e737348bb76fa69a4f6822edf64aa7df.jpghttps://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news/jonestown-sundance-docuseries-40th-anniversary-745064/

RF lurkers, do yourselves a favor:  take a sheet of paper after watching this series and see how many parallels you can see between the reality of the People's Temple of the 1970's and the reality behind the Zion Curtain of the Fellowship you dwell in.

If you readily dismiss this invitation to critical thought, ask yourselves the question .. why? 

I have been reading things about the Jonestown murders, it's the 40th anniversary.  I have to agree, there are so many parallels and RF is such a cult of personality, change a few names and it's almost the same story in many places.

Today's devotional is again free from all mention of the growl. Still weird, though. 

have broken free of the refrigerator’s magnetism, and it no longer exerts a gravitational pull on me. I am flying, and you can, too. Let’s imitate the pioneer pilots who reached their goals by setting their minds on what was NOT seen (their dreams of flying) rather than on what WAS seen (their skeptics and the early, inevitable failures). Sin is a rebellious attitude that does not want to submit. But the exciting truth is that you have everything you need to turn it around and be DONE WITH SIN! You can do it!

I wonder how long RF will last when Gwen dies. She isn't going to live forever and it seems like the entire church rotates around her. 

33 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Today's devotional is again free from all mention of the growl. Still weird, though. 

I wonder how long RF will last when Gwen dies. She isn't going to live forever and it seems like the entire church rotates around her. 

They will use a holographic image.

35 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

They will use a holographic image.

They could just stand her skeleton up there so everyone can continue to compare their thinness to her. 

On 11/16/2018 at 4:53 PM, tankgirl said:

her dresses that all look a little like she got the closest size they had in the shop, but its just a bit too big dresses, she looks like a zombie bride or Bride oif Frankenstein.

I wouldn't be surprised if she made a point for all her clothes to look just slightly too big, because then she always looks like she just lost some weight. 

She is so wealthy! If I had her money I'd be using high end skincare and getting a facial at least once a month. But even drugstore moisturizer helps! She needs a beauty blender and some makeup tutorials. 

10 hours ago, Alisamer said:

They could just stand her skeleton up there so everyone can continue to compare their thinness to her. 

I wouldn't be surprised if she made a point for all her clothes to look just slightly too big, because then she always looks like she just lost some weight. 

She is so wealthy! If I had her money I'd be using high end skincare and getting a facial at least once a month. But even drugstore moisturizer helps! She needs a beauty blender and some makeup tutorials. 

Interesting thought on the too big clothing, I was thinking the other direction to cover extreme thinness, but your idea is interesting, because I can so she how the constantly loosing idea, plays on the congregations minds and sells her product.

Again, no mention of the growl today. 

Fill your heart and mind today with long-overdue appreciation for our loving Father, and fill your thoughts with praise for our God who continues to provide everything we need for life and godliness, peace and joy!

Looking at her website I can only go back to November 8th for devotionals, but up until we started discussing them almost every one mentioned the growl. There were a couple that didn't, but the majority were all about the growl and the Way of Escape. Do you think she would actually change her devotionals based on people pointing out how bad her advice is and how she has turned hunger into a god or is this just a coincidence? 

16 hours ago, Pathologic Antagonist said:

Anyone know if this is the same doc that's going to be on HLN tonight?

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived