IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 4: Lick the Fork

HerNameIsBuffy

On 12/21/2018 at 6:30 AM, formergothardite said:

Today's devotional is a word salad about your soul being a terminal connected to the mainframe that I guess is supposed to be God. Or love? For someone who has written a bunch of books she is really shitty at writing and conveying her thoughts in a clear, concise manner. 

As someone who HAD to consume her writings for almost a decade, it is so entertaining to hear outsiders confirm that her writing is difficult to follow. I also had to re-read what she wrote because it was not clear. It feels like she is rambling and rambling. I think her writing has actually gotten worse over time. 

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

As someone who HAD to consume her writings for almost a decade, it is so entertaining to hear outsiders confirm that her writing is difficult to follow. I also had to re-read what she wrote because it was not clear. It feels like she is rambling and rambling. I think her writing has actually gotten worse over time. 

Jesus gave her money, power, and made her thin...which would she give up for the gift of coherency?

ignore me ... I’m feeling sorry for myself and annoyed that someone like her is so rewarded for harming others while I have to pay the price for my bad life choices.

either everyone should get temporal punishment or no one ... I’d have put that shit in the Bible if the Book of Buffy if I’d have been asked to contribute.

i need wine.  Someone drink with me.

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

i need wine.  Someone drink with me.

Y u no text me? I would happily have drank wine with you!

Do you behold the food that is before you? Then you will become like a refrigerator.

Is becoming like a refrigerator a bad thing or a good thing?  Saith the refrigerator:  My exterior is covered with all manner of useful and endearing items attached thereto with adorable magnets.  Open my door and the [gospel] light turns on.  If I am especially holy, ice cubes issue forth and are pleasing to unaffiliated missionaries as far away as sub-Saharan Africa.

Given the profound nature of her latest devotional I can see why followers joyfully tithe to hear the word of Gwen.  I'd be satisfied with only 5% to describe people as kitchen appliances if any of them want to save a few bucks:

I beheld the food that was before me, and became like a microwave and reheateth the yummy goodness that was leftover Christmas dinner.

8 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

As someone who HAD to consume her writings for almost a decade, it is so entertaining to hear outsiders confirm that her writing is difficult to follow

No it isn't just you! She is a shit writer! She had to have at least had a good editor when she first got started  to get people to buy her initial books. Now it just seems like her cult followers will buy whatever drivel she puts out. 

Again, today's devotional lacks all self awareness. For a woman who dumped one husband to rush into a relationship with another she has a lot of nerve judging people whose relationships don't last. It is like she really expects everyone to forget her first marriage happened. As for relationships not lasting, didn't someone say that a lot of the founding members of her church have ended their relationship with Gwen and RF? Gwen, might want to look in the mirror, here.  And criticizing domineering people?! Gwen won't let brides have the weddings they want! Gwen truly views herself as a humble person who is on the level of God. 

This Christmas, did you give gifts to people you are close to? How did you build those relationships? Just giving a gift at Christmas does not do it. The true gift of heartfelt LOVE is what builds relationships, and to offer this to others, you must start with a relationship with God FIRST! How many relationships have you run through in your life? This is telling. If people are not really close to you, well, guess what…there is usually a reason. Are you always domineering, going your own way? Quite frankly, it is impossible to have a relationship with someone like that. Humility builds relationships; stubbornness blocks them. Do you want people to care for you? Then follow the lead, go with the Spirit. Do not dominate conversation or the direction of your time together. Have a quiet listening spirit, and you will really get to know others. And above all, make sure you have this quiet, humble, serving spirit with God FIRST! Build your relationship with God by finding out – and doing – what He truly wants you to do, not just what you think He might want! Examine THIS relationship first and foremost, and the rest will follow!

Gwen(AKA “Pot”), you have a call from Kettle on line 2...

ETA:  I’m now “Ministering to Heathen Cats.” :pb_lol:

23 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Gwen(AKA “Pot”), you have a call from Kettle on line 2...

ETA:  I’m now “Ministering to Heathen Cats.” :pb_lol:

I've got 2 adorable heathen felines asleep on my bed.  Good luck!

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

How many relationships have you run through in your life? This is telling. If people are not really close to you, well, guess what…there is usually a reason.

wouldn't have thought it possible, but she's ignited some self hate I didn't need.

or maybe I do.  she triggers self loathing in me that has never happened with the rest of these charlatans.

I'm not saying she's right, she's not.  she's evil.  but she can tap into certain kinds of emotional struggles in a very diabolical way.  she's a very dangerous woman.

Aww, Buffy, hugs.  Gwen is horrible, and her Christmas statement is heinous.  There are so many reasons why someone might not be surrounded by loved ones at Christmas (or any other time of year).  And most of those reasons are not a reflection on the person who is alone.  Even in the event a lonely person is alone by their own doing- maybe have a little compassion for them instead of a sanctimonious speech?  She is awful, don’t let her into your head.

25 minutes ago, seattlechic said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Holy hell girlfriend, put a trigger warning on this shit!!! GAG!

on what ?  your spoiler tag is empty.

7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

on what ?  your spoiler tag is empty.

Oh boo... I am such a noob. It was the pic of Gwen and her man. 

32 minutes ago, seattlechic said:

It was the pic of Gwen and her man

I apologize for leaving that out in the open where anyone could see it. I am picturing people looking back at Tarzan with the same deer in the headlights look as him.

:pb_eek::pb_eek:

26 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I apologize for leaving that out in the open where anyone could see it. I am picturing people looking back at Tarzan with the same deer in the headlights look as him.

:pb_eek::pb_eek:

I’d find some sympathy for him if he didn’t stay with her after knowing she put his own minor daughter under surveillance by tapping her calls to her mom.

he sold his soul for money, seems to me, hope it was worth it. 

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

.  but she can tap into certain kinds of emotional struggles in a very diabolical way.  she's a very dangerous woman.

I'm so sorry! Don't let Gwen get to you. 

Gwen may currently be surrounded by people, but I doubt most of them actually like her and that includes her husband. 

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

he sold his soul for money, seems to me, hope it was worth it. 

In the long run it never is. He might have thought at first that he could keep Gwen from controlling his life, but by now he knows she has her claws in everything and won't let go unless she tires of him. 

Just now, formergothardite said:

I'm so sorry! Don't let Gwen get to you. 

I'm okay :) 

I debated posting that but I thought people should be aware of how she targets.  I'm not of her belief system, and not particularly vulnerable but can momentarily let it in my head because of my own struggles.

she just sucks.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived