IGNORED

M Is for Mama 2: Quiverfull/Pinterest

Coconut Flan

@JermajestyDuggar Everybody knows you're supposed to put the peppermint oil on your hoo-ha, then the baby thinks that it's time for a snack and points it's head toward the exit in anticipation of a treat. Vanilla works even better because kids like cookies. 

That makes about as much sense as any other "scientific" explaination of a woo remedy.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

@JermajestyDuggar Everybody knows you're supposed to put the peppermint oil on your hoo-ha, then the baby thinks that it's time for a snack and points it's head toward the exit in anticipation of a treat. Vanilla works even better because kids like cookies. 

That makes about as much sense as any other "scientific" explaination of a woo remedy.

STOP. TOO. FUNNY!!!!

9 hours ago, SuperNova said:

And peppermint is perfect for the holiday season! Who wouldn’t enjoy a festive crotch?

I sent that to a midwife friend of mine (she runs a very successful practice in a major metropolitan area) and she just went WTF. And said that she'd heard rumors like that before. 

Arrrrrgh!
Peppermint oil is caustic as HELL. Putting it on your skin without dilution would hurt. Let’s not discuss getting it into mucous membranes, let alone.....
Ow ow ow ow.

I had two c-sections because my kids were transverse breech. Guess I should have just died in childbirth rather than listen to medical professionals.

15 minutes ago, bea said:

Arrrrrgh!
Peppermint oil is caustic as HELL. Putting it on your skin without dilution would hurt. Let’s not discuss getting it into mucous membranes, let alone.....
Ow ow ow ow.

I had two c-sections because my kids were transverse breech. Guess I should have just died in childbirth rather than listen to medical professionals.

I’m hoping she only put it in a diffuser but who knows with Braggie. 

59 minutes ago, bea said:

Arrrrrgh!
Ow ow ow ow.

In her post she says she put diluted PEO on her belly.

13 hours ago, SuperNova said:

My personal favorite was an explanation for how miracle mineral supplement cured autism (which maybe doesn't count as woo since it's actually encouraging you to feed BLEACH to your children, but I digress) "it wakes up the immune system and lets the brain know there's autism in the house"

4 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

My personal favorite was an explanation for how miracle mineral supplement cured autism (which maybe doesn't count as woo since it's actually encouraging you to feed BLEACH to your children, but I digress) "it wakes up the immune system and lets the brain know there's autism in the house"

I remember this nonsense. There was a theory that autism was caused by parasites and these tablets would flush them out. Parents would find the oblong "parasites" in their children's stool and use it as proof. Turns out that the parasites were the bowel lining that had sloughed off from the bleach. People are terrible sometimes.

Braggie Abbie thrives off of playing show & tell kindergartner style, but as Regina George from Mean Girls. 

One of the reasons she has 30+ women and their babies come over to her house to exercise each week (while her children play Supernanny), is NOT to be hospitable. Oh, not at all. Although Braggie gets her narcissistic "fix" by perusing the comments of her fan girls drooling over her Instagram pictures, Abbie NEEDS to see this in person. 

Miss Competitive hosts the women over to see it LIVE IN ACTION. Abbie NEEDS to have physical confirmation that she is the best, by watching the mothers inundate her with compliments, swoon over how clean her house is, and pepper her with, "How do you do it all?". 

Her narcissism is all-consuming and her need for attention is so addictive, that viewing her Instagram comments from her fan girls simply does not "cut it". Abbie needs to hear the comments in person.

Abbie does not need to have the women come to her home. She teaches exercises at the gym 3x/ week. Having women over to her home, while forcing her children to take on the role of Supernanny serves the purpose of fulfilling her insatiable craving to FEEL that she has "won".

Abbie gets off on making these mothers feel horrible about their own messy homes and unruly children. Apparently, Abbie needs to win by making other mothers feel inadequate, which is disturbing.

Is it fair to enslave your children by working them to the bone to do YOUR JOB of deep cleaning the house the day before the mothers arrive? Is it fair to force them to play Supernanny the next day for 30+ kids?

Abbie is the pure definition of self-righteous and the opposite of hospitable. Abbie knows that those mothers return home to their messy houses, fighting children, and feel incompetent. SHE LOVES IT.

1066446678_Braggie10.thumb.JPG.8e05d855fc5169d8d0c017d07b73d72b.JPG

On 12/19/2018 at 4:44 PM, SuperNova said:

I remember this nonsense. There was a theory that autism was caused by parasites and these tablets would flush them out. Parents would find the oblong "parasites" in their children's stool and use it as proof. Turns out that the parasites were the bowel lining that had sloughed off from the bleach. People are terrible sometimes.

To be fair, chronic constipation or bowel irritation can cause mucus stringy things that look like tissue or worms.  They're pretty common output from enemas.  Bowel linings can come out, but it's rare and usually accompanied by blood, infection, or other complications.  90% of 'worms' in the woo community are mucus (the other 10% are pinworms).

Things like castile soap are doctor recommended for daily enemas for specific communities-the bowel is pretty tough.  However, bleach is right up there with essential oils and coffee in the "WHY THE F WOULD YOU SHOVE THAT UP A BUM" department. 

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Braggie Abbie thrives off of playing show & tell kindergartner style, but as Regina George from Mean Girls. 

One of the reasons she has 30+ women and their babies come over to her house to exercise each week (while her children play Supernanny), is NOT to be hospitable. Oh, not at all. Although Braggie gets her narcissistic "fix" by perusing the comments of her fan girls drooling over her Instagram pictures, Abbie NEEDS to see this in person. 

Miss Competitive hosts the women over to see it LIVE IN ACTION. Abbie NEEDS to have physical confirmation that she is the best, by watching the mothers inundate her with compliments, swoon over how clean her house is, and pepper her with, "How do you do it all?". 

Her narcissism is all-consuming and her need for attention is so addictive, that viewing her Instagram comments from her fan girls simply does not "cut it". Abbie needs to hear the comments in person.

Abbie does not need to have the women come to her home. She teaches exercises at the gym 3x/ week. Having women over to her home, while forcing her children to take on the role of Supernanny serves the purpose of fulfilling her insatiable craving to FEEL that she has "won".

Abbie gets off on making these mothers feel horrible about their own messy homes and unruly children. Apparently, Abbie needs to win by making other mothers feel inadequate, which is disturbing.

Is it fair to enslave your children by working them to the bone to do YOUR JOB of deep cleaning the house the day before the mothers arrive? Is it fair to force them to play Supernanny the next day for 30+ kids?

Abbie is the pure definition of self-righteous and the opposite of hospitable. Abbie knows that those mothers return home to their messy houses, fighting children, and feel incompetent. SHE LOVES IT.

1066446678_Braggie10.thumb.JPG.8e05d855fc5169d8d0c017d07b73d72b.JPG

Did Braggie take the earrings back or did she keep them?

1 hour ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Did Braggie take the earrings back or did she keep them?

She said she would sneak back in the store and place them back where they were.

In my opinion, she should walk up to the staff at the front desk, explain that she accidentally took them home, apologize, and hand them over. I believe that informing the employees about the situation and apologizing for it is the moral thing to do. 

I have done something once and I brought it back to the store, went to the staff at the counter, explained the mistake, and apologized. They were kind and thankful. 

5 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

She said she would sneak back in the store and place them back where they were

She called it "reverse shoplifting". A few of her dumbass followers say they've done the same thing and that sneaking the item back in the store is the scariest part. How dense can these people be? 

On an unrelated note, Abbie's home decor looks awful. She has nice things but lacks an eye for assembling the details harmoniously. Eclectic is an interesting look and the trick is to know where to leave open space and where to draw the eye in. Piling as much expensive shit as you can get on your shelves is not how it's done. 

i like bits of her house, but i agree that the whole mashup doesn't work.  i love her midcentury-modern sputnik-style light fixture, but it definitely looks out of place in such a country-farmhouse room.  she could have found a dozen better ones without much effort. 

and Walmart was selling those metal chairs this summer; my nephew bought the exact same ones on sale around Labor Day.

When I was a teenager, I took my younger sister out shopping. I had one of those tote bags that didn't zip shut, it was always perpetually open. We were looking at clothes, jewelry, etc. We left and went on throughout the mall. During lunch I was grabbing my wallet out of my bag and noticed a pair of earrings that I did not purchase. I was honestly mortified, because I would never steal. Obviously during our browsing my purse must have hit an item and it fell in because my purse wasn't zipped closed. Even though it was a pain to return to the mall and walk to the store, I did it and explained what happened. The workers honestly looked surprised that I even bothered to return it, but it was the right thing to do. I felt better about it, versus taking it back out of my purse and placing it on a rack. If their loss prevention person was out on the floor watching people and saw me do that, that would look more suspicious then just giving it to someone at the counter. Instead of her "bragging" to her followers about unintentionally stealing an item, she should have returned it and shared the funny story. Accidents happen. She could use this situation to show responsibility to her children and others.

15 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

She said she would sneak back in the store and place them back where they were.

In my opinion, she should walk up to the staff at the front desk, explain that she accidentally took them home, apologize, and hand them over. I believe that informing the employees about the situation and apologizing for it is the moral thing to do. 

I have done something once and I brought it back to the store, went to the staff at the counter, explained the mistake, and apologized. They were kind and thankful. 

I once finished grocery shopping and was putting the bags in the car when I found a bottle of shampoo that had rolled under the child seat of the cart, and I realized that I had forgotten to put on the conveyor belt at the register.  Sheepishly, I went back to the store and paid for it.

11 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I once finished grocery shopping and was putting the bags in the car when I found a bottle of shampoo that had rolled under the child seat of the cart, and I realized that I had forgotten to put on the conveyor belt at the register.  Sheepishly, I went back to the store and paid for it.

I've done pretty much the same thing once or twice. When I buy a box of borax, I usually put the box on the bottom rack of the shopping cart. (Because the boxes always seem to leak the white powder, and I don't want it on my groceries.) At least once, I discovered the box still on that rack when I got to my car. I just went right back in the checkout line and explained, then paid for it. Abbie just missed a good chance to model honesty and good communication skills for her kids.

She has twenty tons of kitschy crap to fill her shelves but no personal/special/sentimental items of her children's to display.

2 hours ago, JesusHDuggar said:

She has twenty tons of kitschy crap to fill her shelves but no personal/special/sentimental items of her children's to display.

Just like JRod. I guess that’s how you spot a narcissist mommy. 

8 hours ago, smittykins said:

Infant carriers and diaper bags are notorious for hiding small items! I've had to run back in to the store several times to pay for an item the baby hid! 

16 hours ago, JesusHDuggar said:

Do her kids have any "personal", "special" or "individual" items? These folks raise a herd- no one is special.

57 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Do her kids have any "personal", "special" or "individual" items? These folks raise a herd- no one is special.

You're right. I went to Insta to find the name of the oldest child so that I could make a point about him being the only one that seems to have any identity. That identity is "third parent". I couldn't find his name! In every post that has him parenting, Abbie refers to him as "big boy",  "big blond boy" or some such. I got tired of searching before I found the poor kids name. It strikes me as odd.

20 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

You're right. I went to Insta to find the name of the oldest child so that I could make a point about him being the only one that seems to have any identity. That identity is "third parent". I couldn't find his name! In every post that has him parenting, Abbie refers to him as "big boy",  "big blond boy" or some such. I got tired of searching before I found the poor kids name. It strikes me as odd.

She does give out names but I think it’s mostly because she thinks she thought up super amazing ultra unique names for her kids. The girls all have nick names that aren’t the typical nick names for those children. And I think she pats herself on the back for coming up with such super special nick names. You can tell she’s spends more time thinking up baby names compared to actual hands on parenting.

51 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

If memory serves, I believe the eldest is named Ezra. I actually like the names that she picked out for her kids, with the exception of the last. I especially like Magnolia with Nola for the nickname. Oh well. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived