IGNORED

M Is for Mama 2: Quiverfull/Pinterest

Coconut Flan

Not to mention that her counter alone cost way more than the "spare change" she found in her purse. But she has to throw a post like that in every once in a while to maintain her "frugal" audience's respect. And really, they fall for it every time. 

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sensing a little bit of privilege in her last post... she refers to her friends' 'new-to-them' house. Not everyone gets to build/buy a brand new house each time, and I don't think anyone would have been confused or whatever if she had said 'helping friends move house'...

1 hour ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

Sensing a little bit of privilege in her last post... she refers to her friends' 'new-to-them' house. Not everyone gets to build/buy a brand new house each time, and I don't think anyone would have been confused or whatever if she had said 'helping friends move house'...

That’s really weird. Most people don’t build a home in their lifetime. I probably never will. Braggie is beyond privileged. 

10 hours ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

This thread always makes me wish we had an eye roll upvote. Not only is Abbie's post elitist and condescending, it's also just a ruse so she could segway into talking about herself and her move and her custom home and her "struggles" and her blessings and her blog...

10 hours ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

Yet again, Braggie seems to need to backhandedly compliment everyone else in her orbit to make herself look good. My beautiful children are growing up and thriving and celebrating life milestones, let me throw into their birthday greeting posts everything I hate about them but I'm such a saintly and #relatable mom for loving them anyway! My friends are moving to a new house, which is a momentous occasion in their lives that might possibly require people paying attention to them and not me, so let me imply that they are filthy poors because they didn't custom-build a flimsy McMansion in the middle of nowhere and fill it with the entire Anthropologie catalog! 

If she ends up having to have a hospital birth, I fully expect (and let's be real, gleefully anticipate for the snark potential) her to write judgy screeds about how the other women in the maternity ward are filthy poors because they didn't turn their beds into fucking Pinterest photoshoots, or how they're unfit mothers for whatever reason (like not having 8 kids they only occasionally feel like parenting). 

^^Yes, so much so. It's like she has to prove that she's the best. At everything. On every end of the spectrum. She's better at being poor than you, but she's also better at being rich than you.  

She's the best at being frugal, because she's super-thrifter. But she's also the best at being rich, because she's done it with thrift, and she's done it #hardisnotthesameasbad, and she's struggled and worked hard to get there. She has something to prove about everything to everyone.

But in the end, the only one she's really trying to prove herself to...is herself. 

From her IG post: 

"I was helping friends move boxes around at their new-to-them house the other day, and it got me thinking about how, a year and 1/2 ago, that was us. On a massive scale. "

Basically, every experience, every friend, everything...is an opportunity to bring her thoughts and those of her readers back...to her. Because in the end, it's all about her. 

20 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Her latest Instagram post... Dear Lord, she such a hysterical drama queen.

I'm confused by her post. What is she upset about? That non-christians exist?

On 12/15/2018 at 1:05 AM, DundeeUnFundie said:

I thought the exact same thing! What a cow. 

She’s probably having panic attacks over the thought of receiving a c-section in the hospital if the baby doesn’t turn.

She has a big ego and the safety of the baby is an afterthought. She needs to get over herself.

The way she worded this sounds like she’s admitting she doesn’t have a waistline or a soul. It’s probably accurate though ?

68091946-0F1F-4209-9CAE-EA42B2633BB8.jpeg

On 12/14/2018 at 8:05 PM, DundeeUnFundie said:

No kidding--in my set, it goes without saying. Heck, it even goes without saying that a "new" car is a "new-to-them" car. :my_confused:

Did she take down the hysterical one? I saw it before but not anymore.

@JermajestyDuggar took the words right out of my mouth re vague posting.

Also, that green door in the background drives me crazy. It is too short. The casing should match the height of the door next to it and the adjacent window. Ahhhhh...there, I finally said it. 

31 minutes ago, Somer said:

Also, that green door in the background drives me crazy. It is too short. The casing should match the height of the door next to it and the adjacent window. Ahhhhh...there, I finally said it

That's what happens when you have your husband, who is neither an architect. nor a builder, nor a contractor DIY build your house

That and the fact you are so prideful you probably didn't consult any design books  because you are a lifestyle/ mommy/ designing/ decorating/ mommy/ parenting/ Christian/ all around perfect/but still a  martyr blogger who knows everything and never needs help with anything.

Well ... except from her mother and 2 oldest children to be the actual parent on the ground.

Abbie is so bizarre and phony. She DELETED her post where she wrote things such as...

• This weekend was the worst in my entire life...”
  • ”I had a panic attack... I repeated Psalm 23 every hour of the night to be able to sleep...”
  • ”Please pray for our family. We are under serious emotional duress. I’m focusing on hope. “

@Somer Her post is missing because the phony took it down. 

Her fan girls responded to her post with prayers and SPECIFICALLY sharing their raw, personal struggles.

What did Abbie do? She did NOT respond to them. She was not transparent with them and didn’t share what she was asking for prayers for. She deleted everything.

Why? She’s a self-centered, attention-seeking phony and had to take it down rather than be honest with her fan girls, who shared deeply personal problems with her.

She didn’t even bother to reply to their struggles and requests for prayer. 

She treats her fan girls exactly like Lori.

Also, getting a c-section is not the #theworst thing in the world (I'm guessing that was what her worst weekend ever filled with sleepless nights and panic attacks was about). The hope she should focus on should be doing whatever it takes to try to have a healthy baby. She's a home-birthing fanatic and thinks life as she know it is "overrrr". Come on... One follower commented that she read her home birth story of when she birthed the twins, who were footling breech, and called her a "rockstar" for it (I'd call her dumb). Abbie lives for those comments. 

Natural, medicated, c-section, water birth...they are all births!  You want the best result--healthy mom and baby.  How you get there is not an issue.  My first birth was natural (thanks to my daughter for arriving less than 6 hours after my water broke).  I had an epidural with my second (and told the medical staff I was too tired to do the "birthing thing" that night and could we do this in the morning).  My third was an emergency c-section because she flipped and presented footling during an ice storm on a holiday (she was head down two days before). 

Are any of my births not real?  Nope!  I have three beautiful, loving daughters.  Each birth stands out and each child does, too.  

It's ok to be scared when things are out of your control but it's not ok to play the martyrdom card all the fricking time.  And it is not ok to look down on someone for doing something different!

15 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Come on... One follower commented that she read her home birth story of when she birthed the twins, who were footling breech, and called her a "rockstar" for it (I'd call her dumb). Abbie lives for those comments. 

To be fair, she is engaging in reckless, stupid, ego-maniacal behavior, just like a rock star. :my_dodgy:

(Note: any of these books that deal with nature write from an evolutionist’s perspective, and while we learn from a creation point of view, I just use the evolutionary parts as teaching moments).

The above quote is from her blog, here. She is talking about books for children. What can she possibly mean by this? The only interpretation I can come up with is that she is saying that she deliberately instructs her children to dismiss reality when presented with proven facts.

I feel like this should not be allowed.

1 hour ago, Somer said:

The above quote is from her blog, here. She is talking about books for children. What can she possibly mean by this? The only interpretation I can come up with is that she is saying that she deliberately instructs her children to dismiss reality when presented with proven facts.

I feel like this should not be allowed.

Very common in fundie families. Basically, you get enjoy the other lessons in the book/movie, etc but ignore and/or discredit the evolutionary parts. This is how Mr. & I both were raised. 

I have a feeling the reason Shawn works so much is because 1) it is the key to keeping Braggie happy (gets everything she wants while parenting only part-time), and 2) her loves her but he can only take her bratty behavior in manageable doses.  

I imagine a house where Braggie isn't happy is hell to live in...there's probably a lot of 'yes dear'.  

OBTW Braggie, I work full time, but I'm positive that I spend more quality time with my two kids than you do with your seven.  And you have all damn day to do it.   Just sayin...

Braggie is reporting that the baby is now head down while promoting woo (of course the peppermint oil did the trick). 

I’m also praising the Lord because we all know that you, with your huge ego, wouldn’t have gotten your ass to the hospital for life.

AABBE080-8654-437C-AE23-0C8CB342F22C.thumb.png.5e951826dddcdf9258484dcd0ae07d76.png

When my mom told her sister she was pregnant for the first time, my aunt was like "don't let them give you a c-section!" 

I feel like braggie does the same to her friends

She is stupid enough to believe peppermint oil would turn the baby head down. 

I didn’t know snake oil salesmen were spouting that one now. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived