IGNORED

M Is for Mama 2: Quiverfull/Pinterest

Coconut Flan

She posted again this morning - still no baby. I hate seeing someone go so overdue while planning a homebirth...I hope she is getting real medical monitoring leading up to this. 

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

She posted again this morning - still no baby. I hate seeing someone go so overdue while planning a homebirth...I hope she is getting real medical monitoring leading up to this. 

She says she always goes overdue. I sometimes wonder if she’s just always off on her due date. Like maybe she’s a late ovulater and doesn’t get an ultrasound early enough to correct the due date. I ovulated early in my cycle when I got pregnant with my second. When I got my dating ultrasound around 10 weeks, they moved my due date sooner by five days if I remember correctly. I loved it! And that kid still came a few days early. He’s still impatient to this day.

She can safely go up to 42 weeks, IIRC. Successful "over due" homebirths happen all the time. Texas midwives are generally not incompetent hillbillies, lol. Most practices will send the mother in for a ultrasound if overdue and extra care is given. The state is pretty on top of training, licensing and even has a complaint board. It's a good state for quality midwifery care and many have good relationships with area OBGYNs.

50 minutes ago, madeesaurus said:

Very short description on her post today. Seems a bit out of character.

Yeah, my guess is that her contractions are ramping up. I think she will probably have the baby today or tomorrow. 

It looks like she just posted a long winded post about Sean’s birthday. So I guess she’s not in active labor. I bet she loves all the attention she gets for going so overdue every time. 

1 hour ago, bea said:

Above the knee boots, Abbie? At your age, and with that dress, at 40 weeks pregnant with kid #8?
Tacky.

I will snark on Abbie wearing a JUMPSUIT when she's in a condition that means she will pee all the time, but I didn't realize that there's an age limit on over-the-knee boots. Do they ask for ID when you buy them?

Evidently she does know how to do a birthday post without pointing out faults in the birthday person.

• Jellybean locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jellybean locked this topic

Archived