IGNORED

Maxwell 25: Pies, Cakes, Tarts, and Tortes

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Hane,  I think that's sweet that your puppy latched on to that mama dog!

The mama dog lay there looking at her with an expression that said, “That’s OK, honey—I know you miss your mom.” 

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, VodouDoll said:

It was a little tricky to find, but I managed. Thanks, way back machine!

https://web.archive.org/web/20160104020607/http://forums.preparingdaughters.com/forums/t/3352/

Oh FFS 

Recently, Sarah, Anna, and I were at a craft fair in matching jumpers. Throughout our shopping afternoon, we had comment after comment on our outfits, culminating in one man saying, �I hope this doesn�t offend you, but you all look really nice in your matching clothes.� Let me tell you, he was looking at a mother and her daughters in a wholesome, positive way!

How does she know?  He could have just as easily had a fundy fetish.

And it's okay if people notice you for your weird style instead of Jesus?  What happened to cringing at that Teri?

Modest my ass.  Nothing screams NOTICE ME quite like matching frumpers.

I am convinced that part of the reason some of these women embrace the modest thing so stringently is that it keeps them feeling hot.  I mean Teri dresses in such a way as not to drive men near and wide wild with lust the way she apparently would in her mind if she went to Costco in a pair of mom jeans and a top?

This hyperfocus on sex, on men's sexual urges...it's more for their own egos as for "Jesus" in many cases - I'd put money on that.  It's a way for Teri and others like her (looking at you Michelle and Kelly) can afirm their own hotness to themselves by convincing themselves that a glimpse of their knee or upper arm is so arousing that it's a kindness to all men to spare them from seeing what they can never have.

Ugh.

ETA I wore a long peasant skirt to Aldi sometime end of summer and as I was loading my trunk a wind blew it up to my waist.  Had I been wearing pants there wouldn't be a couple of strangers who could have identified me by my underwear.

Omg.  Non contrasting buttons.  They are even crazier and more boring than I thought. Who the fuck has time to think of that?!  Oh, them, because they have nothing else going on. 

8 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

Omg.  Non contrasting buttons.  They are even crazier and more boring than I thought. Who the fuck has time to think of that?!  Oh, them, because they have nothing else going on. 

I have a question weirder than that - what were they talking about about v shaped seam on skirts?  I can't imagine what they are referring to, but i don't sew.

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I have a question weirder than that - what were they talking about about v shaped seam on skirts?  I can't imagine what they are referring to, but i don't sew.

the only thing i can think of is a basque waist, but i've only ever seen those on formal dresses.  

what makes me angry at Teri (and by extension Steve) is that they are encouraging their kids to judge people.  Sarah questions why church-goers wear things she doesn't like, when that's none of her fucking business.  and apparently Steve, Nathan, and Chris can't get through a service without lusting after their fellow congregants:

...She is out of vogue with some of the girls in our church. Quite often this is a topic of conversation between she and I that she will bring up after church. It will go something like this, Mom, did you notice what so and so had on today? I dont understand how she can choose to dress like that. I wonder why her parents dont encourage her to dress modestly. She and I are quite aware of this because we know that my husband, twenty-three year old and twenty year old sons are sitting there in church with us, easily able to observe any clothing (and the one wearing it) that isnt modest. 

ok, maybe i'm reaching a little bit there, but tell me, Teri--why couldn't these three men focus on the sermon instead of Sarah's peers?

27 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I think it's a pattern for a gored skirt that, instead of being constructed with a number of panels that begin at the waist and flare out toward the hem, there are two or more inverted-v-shaped inserts running the length of the skirt from the hip to the hemline. The point of the V would then draw men's eyes to the "you-know-down-there" portion of the godly woman's anatomy.

I am enchanted by the idea of a frumper fetish and it may inspire me to write my first piece of erotic fiction.

...She is out of vogue with some of the girls in our church. Quite often this is a topic of conversation between she and I that she will bring up after church. It will go something like this, Mom, did you notice what so and so had on today? I dont understand how she can choose to dress like that. I wonder why her parents dont encourage her to dress modestly. She and I are quite aware of this because we know that my husband, twenty-three year old and twenty year old sons are sitting there in church with us, easily able to observe any clothing (and the one wearing it) that isnt modest. 

It's not just Steve and Sons who need to pay more attention to the sermon than to the other members of the congregation. Judgey Little Bitch Sarah also needs to remember why she's in church. I guess this is why they started their nursing home ministry--because "the elderly" are unlikely to dress in such a way as to arouse the baser appetites of the Maxwells.

Back in the 70's, we would rip open the leg seams of jeans, then sew in triangle shaped pieces of material front in back to make denim skirts, so definitely a large triangle with the point exactly pointing to the motherload.         Funny thing, when my son was in high school in the late 90's, one of the Homecoming events was 70's day.  I made him a pair of bell bottom jeans by sewing triangles of flowered denim into the bottoms of the outside leg seams, tie-died a white t-shirt with the only thing I had, frosting colors, and dragged out some old love beads I had in the bottom of my jewelry box.  My son was NOT a fashionable teenager, and geeky so he definitely was overlooked by the "cool kids."  One of the girls came up to him and asked where he bought his jeans, and when she heard "my mom made them," lifted her nose and walked away.  Guess they were only cool if you paid good money for them.  As a side note, frosting colors for tie die are great, until it starts to rain and you get wet and drip colored puddles everywhere.  

Teri, beyond a bathing suit cover, most women, modest or not, are going to wear a cami or slip under a very sheer article of clothing. Common sense-

Back to Ellie...

Maybe she hasn't been bred yet because they've not found an "English Cream" Golden that's white enough for her.

23 hours ago, VodouDoll said:

It was a little tricky to find, but I managed. Thanks, way back machine!

https://web.archive.org/web/20160104020607/http://forums.preparingdaughters.com/forums/t/3352/

Damn, it's always nice to have a refresher lesson on exactly how judgmental, prudish, and disturbing the Maxwells are. Steve comes across like a pervert in these articles, and Teri and Sarah sound like the worst of the holier-than-thou church ladies!

A Maxwell born on Halloween.....

"Anna loves to serve, and it’s really neat to see the areas she excels in in which she excels."

"She’s great with the program and uses it for Titus2 and one of the brother’s brothers' businesses."

C- Well done, Miss AUTHOR.

On 10/30/2018 at 11:24 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I am convinced that part of the reason some of these women embrace the modest thing so stringently is that it keeps them feeling hot.

I mean, maybe but...talk about about "negative attention is better than no attention" thinking!

They didn't include her age this year. Interesting. They didn't stop including Sarah's age until she was 30. 

4 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Damn, it's always nice to have a refresher lesson on exactly how judgmental, prudish, and disturbing the Maxwells are. Steve comes across like a pervert in these articles, and Teri and Sarah sound like the worst of the holier-than-thou church ladies!

I had to go and have a read being a glutton for punishment that I am. 

Sweet Rufus, I find the list of "eye traps" hugely disturbing.  It's just not healthy to have these hangups, and it's bad enough that Steve and Teri have them but really unfortunate they have passed this mindset on to their daughter.  If one wants to dress modestly for personal reasons, whatever they are, that's fine.  But to attach this level of obsession and shame to dressing modestly is just damn toxic.

Regarding holier-than-thou church ladies, having grown up in a household that valued religion, going to church and heavy involvement in church going activities, I knew a lot of church ladies, and the holier-than-thou ones were the worst.  It's sad to see Sarah being like this at so young an age.   

Ol’ Stevehovah must have a hair-trigger dick. If Steve Jr. is about to explode at the prospect of white buttons on a blue dress or a skirt shorter than calf-length, dudebro has problems. We all remember that sad, sad tale of the woman who bent down across the room from him and inadvertently showed her cleavage and he damn near burst into tears, agonizing over why her husband would permit such a thing to happen.

Stevie boy, the more I think of you the more I despise you.

On 10/30/2018 at 1:11 PM, OhNoNike said:

She actually went and replaced all the contrasting buttons on the skirt with non contrasting ones.?

9 minutes ago, Hane said:

Ol’ Stevehovah must have a hair-trigger dick.

He reminds me of days of old where piano legs needed to be covered lest they incite the lust of a gentleman.

10 minutes ago, MomKB said:

She actually went and replaced all the contrasting buttons on the skirt with non contrasting ones.?

I cannot imagine any time in my life where I'd have been able to have that conversation with a straight face.

Calia is such a cutie!  I love "her style."  I too wonder (as a poster has previously noted) how NR-Anna's daughters will feel about having to wear frumpers when they're older.  Will it be an issue for them if/when they compare what they are allowed to wear to the clothes their female cousins are allowed to wear?

image.png

48 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Sweet Rufus, I find the list of "eye traps" hugely disturbing.  It's just not healthy to have these hangups, and it's bad enough that Steve and Teri have them but really unfortunate they have passed this mindset on to their daughter.  If one wants to dress modestly for personal reasons, whatever they are, that's fine.  But to attach this level of obsession and shame to dressing modestly is just damn toxic.

Right? Compare this to the 7 Farmgirl Sisters. Even when they choose to wear "modest" clothing, they don't go sit in the airport and rant about eye-traps and women wearing pants. They interact with other people normally, instead of judging the hell out of their clothes!

3 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

Right? Compare this to the 7 Farmgirl Sisters. Even when they choose to wear "modest" clothing, they don't go sit in the airport and rant about eye-traps and women wearing pants. They interact with other people normally, instead of judging the hell out of their clothes!

Indeed.  Those 7 Sisters have never gone on record criticizing other people's choice of clothing.  In their case, what they wear is their personal choice and it doesn't seem to come with any hangups either, just their preference.

So, according to Sarah, Anna just loves kids. 

If that is true, I hope she's allowed to have some of her own. It must be heartbreaking to help raise her nieces  and nephews with no prospect of ever getting a baby if her own. 

Steve is a cold, cruel man. 

9 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

I agree, but I get the impression those girls didn't need to tailor their behavior or suppress who they are in order to survive emotionally in their home.

And when you are trying to survive while imprisoned you do what you can to get through it.  Some become docile and their captors pets and other personalities react differently.

I know it sounds like hyperbole and in some ways it is, but I do think Sarah is mentally and emotionally imprisoned by her parents as securely as if she were locked in her room.  

8 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I agree, but I get the impression those girls didn't need to tailor their behavior or suppress who they are in order to survive emotionally in their home.

I agree, the 7 Sisters seem to have chosen to dress that way, it wasn't imposed on them nor did it come with toxic ideas over "eye traps".  

15 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I know it sounds like hyperbole and in some ways it is, but I do think Sarah is mentally and emotionally imprisoned by her parents as securely as if she were locked in her room.

I agree that Sarah is indeed a prisoner in her own home, a perfect example of "stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage".    She is trapped by the ideas and fears instilled in her.    The fact that she is an adult and entitled to her own autonomy is not something she will ever think of as it's disobeying her parents and equivalent to disobeying the Lord.

25 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

So, according to Sarah, Anna just loves kids. 

If that is true, I hope she's allowed to have some of her own. It must be heartbreaking to help raise her nieces  and nephews with no prospect of ever getting a baby if her own. 

Steve is a cold, cruel man. 

It's pretty certain that all of the girls were raised with the idea of becoming wives and mothers as their main goal in life.  And waiting for that until Daddy approves of a husband.  Unfortunately, that same Daddy has most likely driven suitors away, while convincing them that he knows best.  Forcing them to spend the years that they were most likely to accomplish this goal of marriage and motherhood in the Maxhell compound, something that limits their prospects significantly in their circles.   

He's been the biggest obstacle to that very same goal he instilled in his daughters.  

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived