IGNORED

Maxwell 25: Pies, Cakes, Tarts, and Tortes

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, CyborgKin said:

Hey, she stole my idea!  I'm writing adventure about siblings in a small town!

She better not have stolen the part about running away with a witch to fight demons too ;)

Oh, I think your plot is safe from Sarah!

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't really followed Duggar news lately, didn't know they were having another wedding.

6 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Sarah could benefit from my plot happening to her.  Well, some of it, I'm not exactly kind to my characters.

19 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Do we think the Maxwells attended the Duggar wedding in Oklahoma today?

Yes, at least some. I think JD, Michelle and JB were all spotted at at John and Chesly's wedding? Or am I confusing weddings?

Wow, the Maxwells are apparently involved in charity that actually provides a real benefit to those in need. I looked up Feed My Starving Children, and it has a 4 out of 4 star rating on Charity Navigator. I can't find any significant criticism so far of the organization, though I haven't looked extensively. 

At the very least, this is likely to be better than the Maxwell idol of OCC. 

16 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

Yes, at least some. I think JD, Michelle and JB were all spotted at at John and Chesly's wedding? Or am I confusing weddings?

They definitely were. I bet at least Teri and Steve went. Who knows if they brought anyone along. 

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Wow, the Maxwells are apparently involved in charity that actually provides a real benefit to those in need. I looked up Feed My Starving Children, and it has a 4 out of 4 star rating on Charity Navigator. I can't find any significant criticism so far of the organization, though I haven't looked extensively. 

I knew someone would do the homework on this one.  Thanks!  It seemed okay but I didn’t look up anything on it.  

38 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

I knew someone would do the homework on this one.  Thanks!  It seemed okay but I didn’t look up anything on it.  

I didn't go into a ton of depth, but the charity is definitely feeding people. It partners with other organizations for distribution, and uses volunteers for packing, so like 90% of it's funds are spent directly on food. While it's Christian based, from what I saw it doesn't only partner with other Christian organizations. The food is also halal certified, which is surprising.

"This is a fiction kids’ book" ....said the author of "captivating" prose.

UGH UGH UGH 

Oh, Sarah!

If that book is as memorable as the Mommy says... wow do they read boring stuff!

DUGGAR WEDDING

Keep hoping someone will pass the test to marry Anna or Mary. Can we hope?  I hope the bride for Jesse interviews went well. Shame having possibly worldly folks living in the sacred space that is his house.

21 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

DUGGAR WEDDING

Keep hoping someone will pass the test to marry Anna or Mary. Can we hope?  I hope the bride for Jesse interviews went well. Shame having possibly worldly folks living in the sacred space that is his house.

The thing is, the Duggar daughters have swayed from the “ultra conservative” dress they used to abide by, and since this seems to be super important to the maxwells, I wonder if they’d worry a potential SIL would ruin their daughter’s “values”.  I mean - they may wear contrasting buttons or show an inch below the neck.  Automatic pass to hell for tempting the weak menfolk.  

On 11/3/2018 at 9:16 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I think 99.9% of any plots are safe from Sarah.

5 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Keep hoping someone will pass the test to marry Anna or Mary.

I imagine that any guy who would pass the test would be alarming on multiple levels.  On the one hand, I pity Anna and Mary right now.  OTOH, I suspect I'd pity them even more if they married, and they'd also be likely to produce Steve/Steve-approved descendants. 

11 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I wouldn't mind getting some of the mugs from that website.  I just wish there was info on how many ounces the mugs hold.

Holy suffering cats—Sarah’s latest chef d’oeuvre is coming out on my birthday. And not just ANY birthday, but the one on which I turn 66 *and* retire!  I guess it would be too much to ask for her to write something, well, interesting instead.

Funny: I’d just been thinking of Sarah as I read the JRod thread about the Jana dollhouse. Maybe both Doll (and Kaylee) and Doll Sarah could visit Doll Jana and go out into the play garden for a few bong hits.

8 hours ago, Hane said:

Holy suffering cats—Sarah’s latest chef d’oeuvre is coming out on my birthday. And not just ANY birthday, but the one on which I turn 66 *and* retire!  I guess it would be too much to ask for her to write something, well, interesting instead.

An early Happy Birthday and an early Happy Retirement, Hane!

My sister retired two years ago and absolutely LOVES it!  She's healthier now than when she was working.  She gets out and walks and swims every morning, something she had no time for in her working years.

Regarding Sarah, I don't think "interesting" is in the Maxwell vocabulary.

10 hours ago, Hane said:

but the one on which I turn 66 *and* retire!

Welcome to retirement!  My husband and I retired within a year of each other and truly enjoy it.   May your years be blessed with more excitement than the Maxwells (this will not be difficult, lol).  ? ?

@kpmom and @CTRLZero, thanks for the good wishes! I’m looking forward to more opportunities to exercise and to get involved in volunteer initiatives in my area. Our little local arts and crafts gallery offers lessons in things I’d like to learn, like pottery and dichroic glass making. And then there’s all that writing I want to do!

Sarah should not write for the world at large. Period.  Fiction is not her gift. There is no dancing around it.

But if it makes her happy, well that’s something, I guess. When I tried to read it I saw nothing but a sort of therapeutic process. She deserves outlets. Bless her heart. (sincerely, not snarky, just in this brief moment)

And it’s great that people periodically want to know about things like eyetraps and contrasting buttons. I never read back that far in Maxwellian time. But I definitely needed to know why I refer to my tattoo as an eyetrap ;) Thanks for pulling that up. We have to keep the idiocy fresh in our minds.

1 minute ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Sarah should not write for the world at large. Period.  Fiction is not her gift. There is no dancing around it.

But if it makes her happy, well that’s something, I guess. When I tried to read it I saw nothing but a sort of therapeutic process. She deserves outlets. Bless her heart. (sincerely, not snarky, just in this brief moment)

And it’s great that people periodically want to know about things like eyetraps and contrasting buttons. I never read back that far in Maxwellian time. But I definitely needed to know why I refer to my tattoo as an eyetrap ;) Thanks for pulling that up. We have to keep the idiocy fresh in our minds.

I love Maxwellian weirdness from days of old.  As great as taking one's wife and daughter to the airport to look at contrasting buttons (and why the airport?) nothing for me will ever top the passive aggressive Mom's corner of the moral dilemma of the great pizza reverencing.

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I love Maxwellian weirdness from days of old.  As great as taking one's wife and daughter to the airport to look at contrasting buttons (and why the airport?) nothing for me will ever top the passive aggressive Mom's corner of the moral dilemma of the great pizza reverencing.

Oh Teri. Maybe ... if ol’ Stevie were to meet an unfortunate early demise, the kids might manage to figure fun type stuff and relax and the daughters, with the addition and help of the DILs  might break out some. I think the proximity of the sons might help the family unit in that instance. Maybe. The pressure would be gone, everyone could chill. 

Alternate scenario: Teri loses her marbles and poor Sarah is doomed. But perhaps Anna and Mary can get out.

3 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

if ol’ Stevie were to meet an unfortunate early demise

I wish no ill on anyone but if this were to happen I think the first thing she does is crack open a Pepsi.

On a serious note the loss of a cult leader will change the dynamic with all members.  I can see Teri wanting either Chris or Nathan to step up and be Steve 2.0 but Idk if either would be has diligent with the oversight.

@HerNameIsBuffy Yeah I know. We speculate all the time. With the Maxwells I wonder just how much any of them like Steve. I mean, enough to make Mom and sisters keep on the hardline. They have to deal with their own families. So that’s where some independent living and thinking might get to happen. One hopes. 

On 11/2/2018 at 6:32 PM, HereticHick said:

Anyone know roughly where Maxwellvania is in Leavenworth? I'd be curious what churches are nearby--esp. ones that aren't lily-white.

The Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church is in the area.

I checked out their FB page and it looks like they do outreach for homeless people, who were the only white people I saw.

OMFG the latest post... they drew chalk messages on a nearby footpath. Messages include “Jesus is knocking on the door of your heart”, “Read the Bible” and John 3:16.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived