IGNORED

Maxwell 25: Pies, Cakes, Tarts, and Tortes

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

For a family who does so little we seem to have zipped through that last thread.  

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever you call it, that's the nicest food to ever to come off the Maxwell blog.

4 hours ago, terranova said:

Whatever you call it, that's the nicest food to ever to come off the Maxwell blog.

I don't find their baking terrible.  Uninspired, maybe, but not bad.  Their cooking?  Vomit-inducing.  

10 hours ago, terranova said:

That’s because it was not their recipe

New random life is up. Sarah is really excited about her book y’all, and very into the word “crew.” Many meals with the relatives and guests. 

I really can’t imagine lacking the self-awareness to see how boring their lives are. 

Seems as if everyone was featured except John and Chelsy in the newest post. Interesting how after Chelsy included GiGi in one of her posts that Sarah and Steve now include GiGi. Preview for the annual Christmas photo shoot. Can’t wait! 

Just thinking aloud here. Have been wondering if Non-Reversal Anna is pregnant. She was missing from , I believe, Melanie's coffee b'day gathering because she was sick. And... one of the pictures from today was the ' making burritos for the freezer'! I think these are signs, people.?

Hmmm.  They visited a science museum in downtown Kansas called Science City.

I googled it and I'm not sure it would be fundie approved.  In the Dino Dig area they talk about discovering creatures that lived in Kansas millions of years ago.

They also have an "Engineeirum" hands-on area where children (not just boys, apparently) are encouraged to consider STEM careers.

Actually it looks like a nice science museum.  I'd like to see our local science museum add some of these things.

18 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Just thinking aloud here. Have been wondering if Non-Reversal Anna is pregnant. She was missing from , I believe, Melanie's coffee b'day gathering because she was sick. And... one of the pictures from today was the ' making burritos for the freezer'! I think these are signs, people.?

That’s a quick turn around, but certainly a possibility. When was baby Lizzie born? She seems to have the shortest intervals between children, so far.

1 hour ago, albanuadh_1 said:

As soon as I saw the burrito prep, I thought the same thing. 

The Maxwells have been to things that talk about “millions of years ago”, but they apparently just smile at each other because they know it isn’t true, or some smug shit like that. 

6 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

The Maxwells have been to things that talk about “millions of years ago”, but they apparently just smile at each other because they know it isn’t true, or some smug shit like that. 

They went to the Grand Canyon and apparently did the smiling to each other over the “millions of years ago” thing. 

yes, we’ve literally gone back and forth from warm front to cool front to warm to cool!)

No way, dude! That is inSANE!

Spoiler

giphy.gif

I honestly think there are three pregnant Maxwell wives, based on what we know for sure and on photos. 

Science City is a fantastic place. My girls love going there and to Union Station in general. That said, I can't imagine how the Maxwells deal with some of what is available. Of course, we're just heathens teaching our children evolution, so perhaps that's why my brain can't wrap around how they balance science with smugness. 

Does Steve know how much fun you can have at Science City or Deanna Rose? Does he object? What about Sarah's friends? They were hardcore on about your siblings being your only friends at their Wichita conference. Is he relaxing as the kidults age or is the line at the conference generally bull? Or is it some combination of the two? 

Sarah encouraged us to share with them a blessing. Who is brave enough to say how blessed they are to be able to have fun? Or that you are free from living with an abuser? Or my own personal favorite, that I am able to live alone and manage a home and work........Gotta watch it here, lest I become like that Pharisee that prayed loudly in the temple that he was thankful not to be like "those" guys.

Yeah, I wonder about the friend thing too. That will always be a mystery unless/until they come out and say something like, they thought it good for a time until they realized that if there were no friends outside of the family, there would be no spouses, grandkids, etc. Or that there had to be a balance, or something? Or, even, (gasp!) Steve admitting that that was extreme, and that he was wrong?

"(Mary’s been busy with illustrations for my book)."

UGH. More no-talent.

And so-and-so's "crew" "crew" "crew" "crew"--get a NEW WORD already!

Tell me Anna Marie is just wearing modest bagging clothing and not pregnant again!

These people get worse--never better. I cannot believe the boredom they inflict on themselves.

What.  The.  Fuck.   "A child is never a choice"? Um....what?  Those girls are making the choice *right now* by continuing to live under Daddy's umbrella and not venturing out.  Steve is making the choice *right now* by not allowing them to meet suitable young men with whom they might get along.  I made the choice three times - twice resulted in healthy babies and the third resulted in Mr. Bluelady having a date with a scalpel and a bag of frozen peas.  Their inability to see the big picture is mind boggling.

7 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

New random life is up. Sarah is really excited about her book y’all, and very into the word “crew.” Many meals with the relatives and guests. 

I really can’t imagine lacking the self-awareness to see how boring their lives are. 

I swear I almost went all Sam Jackson reading this post. Lol

5 hours ago, Markie said:

Seems as if everyone was featured except John and Chelsy in the newest post. Interesting how after Chelsy included GiGi in one of her posts that Sarah and Steve now include GiGi. Preview for the annual Christmas photo shoot. Can’t wait! 

I giggled when I saw Chelsy and Elissa in the family photo shoot preview. It makes me happy that they're not going along with the red and blue dress code and both look stylish. I like to imagine they are good friends and shit talk Steve and Teri constantly. Lol

I hope Gigi is going on another cruise with Tami, wears shorts, and maybe has a glass of wine.

Personally I'm blessed that I'm not a Maxwell. I'm a year older than Mary and also have never been in a relationship or done anything romantically. The difference is, I have had the opportunity to, but ASD/anxiety/self-esteem ishoos have gotten in my way. (I need to get my ass to the GP and try to organise some sort of counselling/CBT type thing!!) I'm not forced to stay at home (no way do I buy that it's the Maxgirls' *choice* to stay at home) and wait for the perfect guy to be dropped on my doorstep. I also won't be going into my first relationship expecting to marry the guy (and be married and preggo within the first year).  

That "friend" of Poor Sarah's doesn't look much older than Abby.  Sounds like Colorado is the only acceptable place to go on what some might call a vacation.  Here we go again all the kids gather around the birthday person so they can't blow out their candles and open their gifts in peace.  Hooray for Gigi getting out of Maxhell for a spell!  Poor Sarah we don't give a damn why Betsy got in the front seat.  Crazy Eyed Nate is probably campaigning for some anti choice hag.

To my eyes Anna Marie is clearly pregnant in the first picture. I noticed it at first in the anti-choice rally. They aren't even trying to hide it at this point so  I guessing they will have a post announcing this week.  She also looks quite pregnant in the picture with Melanie.  I'm going to even guess that she's due in the spring at the latest but maybe even February. 

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

....(no way do I buy that it's the Maxgirls' *choice* to stay at home)

Same here, I never thought it was their choice, it was their Daddy's choice.    Calling it their choice is nothing more that putting a nice face on the fact that they sure didn't expect to still be at home at their ages, while their brothers manage to get married (failed courtships notwithstanding) and forge the families that the Maxgirls sure thought they would have by now.  I still think they all had their prospective suitors at one time or another, only to see their chances go down the drain courtesy of Daddy.   

I can't imagine what goes through their heads at their darkest hours, they must follow and obey Daddy knowing full well what's he's done to their chances.  Watching some guy that they really liked, and who liked them, get run off.   I fully believe that this has happened at least once but probably more.   The girls are all attractive and, in their own circle, probably likeable enough to attract some appropriately fundie guy.  

37 minutes ago, Hembie said:

To my eyes Anna Marie is clearly pregnant in the first picture. I noticed it at first in the anti-choice rally. They aren't even trying to hide it at this point so  I guessing they will have a post announcing this week.  She also looks quite pregnant in the picture with Melanie.  I'm going to even guess that she's due in the spring at the latest but maybe even February. 

I thought she looked pregnant as well but maybe this is just how her body looks so soon after having her 5th baby in such rapid succession.

I also think Mel looks like she could be expecting again in the family photo pic. It looks like she has her hands clasped and resting on the top of a prego belly but it could just be a weird angle.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived