IGNORED

Maxwell 25: Pies, Cakes, Tarts, and Tortes

Coconut Flan

Anyone else find it funny that Steve is going to an Aplogetics conference?  I can’t imagine the guy being genuinely sorry for anything, except his vascectomy.  I’m sure he’s apologized to Teri for not giving her the 5 additional kids or so to fill the gap.

now off to google what apologetics is.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologetics - “CODE WORD” - The process has kicked off to get Jesse married off to a “nice” (code word for compliant) girl like ANNA MARIE.  

The advertising campaign was launched with a blog posted with information on where to meet the father, Steve, and the God fearing young man who owns a house, Jesse.  “Come one, come all.  Jesse needs a wife.  Meet and greet times to be announced in on Friday upon arrival.  Interviews will be scheduled on Saturday during conference breaks.”

46 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

Apologetics - “CODE WORD” - The process has kicked off to get Jesse married off to a “nice” (code word for compliant) girl like ANNA MARIE.  

The advertising campaign was launched with a blog posted with information on where to meet the father, Steve, and the God fearing young man who owns a house, Jesse.  “Come one, come all.  Jesse needs a wife.  Meet and greet times to be announced in on Friday upon arrival.  Interviews will be scheduled on Saturday during conference breaks.”

Dare we hope it's for a guy needing a wife??

Jumping back to the “mommy retreat” post, it appears that they did it in August.  Nothing noteworthy about that except that they didn’t publish a blog post about it till Mid October.  For evidence, I present the calendar from one of the pictures. If the months are kept updated, then it is a calendar from August.  I noted this in another post a year or 2 ago.. it was written about months after it happened and the evidence was this same type of calendar on the wall.

B153323F-E5FF-4302-8BF8-0F97CA77DC55.jpeg

Are the Maxwells well-off enough at this point that there is no point in putting proper effort into the blog? I feel like the majority of their clientele are repeat buyers, like parents buying MOTH and the like for their daughters or something.

@HerNameIsBuffy,  I'm sure you've found out by now that apologetics has not  a damn thing to do with actual apologies.  Josh McDowell's old book Evidence That Demands a Verdict is an apologetics classic.

18 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@HerNameIsBuffy,  I'm sure you've found out by now that apologetics has not  a damn thing to do with actual apologies.  Josh McDowell's old book Evidence That Demands a Verdict is an apologetics classic.

Fundies do have much to apologize for, but yes, apologetics and apologies are not the same thing.

29 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

Are the Maxwells well-off enough at this point that there is no point in putting proper effort into the blog? I feel like the majority of their clientele are repeat buyers, like parents buying MOTH and the like for their daughters or something.

I do wonder if they are getting many new customers these days.  It seems their brand of extreme fundyism (fundyness?) is becoming a little outdated (i.e., frumpers, etc.).

This event looks like it’s education based for people to get Masters degrees in religion/science, etc...what are they doing there? Is Jesse going to go to school online? Wasn’t he the one that wanted to be a missionary? 

1 hour ago, keepercjr said:

Jumping back to the “mommy retreat” post, it appears that they did it in August.  Nothing noteworthy about that except that they didn’t publish a blog post about it till Mid October.  For evidence, I present the calendar from one of the pictures. If the months are kept updated, then it is a calendar from August.  I noted this in another post a year or 2 ago.. it was written about months after it happened and the evidence was this same type of calendar on the wall.

I am so confused by that post, likely because it's written in such a convoluted way. I didn't understand if Melanie and Anna went on some kind of organized retreat, or just had a self-care day. Sounds like the latter. Here's a more accurate description:

"With Gigi visiting my sister for two weeks and her home empty, it was a perfect opportunity for them to spend a quiet day at the house alone with the Lord. On Melanie's day, Abby surprised her by packing her favorite blanket into a suitcase for Melanie to use."

If I had skipped breakfast I sure would want more than yogurt and cheese, that just sounds like a gas retreat.

Why does Steve need to go to an apologetics conference? All he needs to know is how to ask people if they know where they're going when they die.

Oh, maybe he's going to teach people how to ask strangers if they know where they're going when they die.

There's three reasons I can think of:

1. To bolster his own conviction and squelch any sneaky doubts he might be having.  (This is the most common reason IME. Many people didn't even realise they were having doubts, just that there were areas that they were 'struggling with'/didn't actually make sense to them.)

2. To upgrade his arguments to impress a greater range of potential customers.  Most mainstream conservative Christians can (and will) rip the Maxwell's theology to shreds and Steve doesn't like it.

3. To find Jesse a missus (or to check out the exact leanings of whichever maiden Jesse has his eye on.)

Going back a few pages to where we where discussing sewing in half hour increments of time,  Nancy Zieman's show this morning was the first of two parts devoted to sewing projects that could be done 10-20-30 minutes at a time, using fabric from old jeans.  She made potholders, placemats, a baby bib, and a casserole tote.  The tote, though, would take about 2 hours from start to finish.  You could assemble the components in short periods of time.  

47 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Going back a few pages to where we where discussing sewing in half hour increments of time,  Nancy Zieman's show this morning was the first of two parts devoted to sewing projects that could be done 10-20-30 minutes at a time, using fabric from old jeans.  She made potholders, placemats, a baby bib, and a casserole tote.  The tote, though, would take about 2 hours from start to finish.  You could assemble the components in short periods of time.  

That sounds like my great grandmother. She was notorious for turning one thing into another. Old jeans into a vest or old dresses into curtains. She even turned an old tie into a stuffed snake that went at the bottom of your front door to keep any draft out. It had old button eyes and a little red felt tongue. I wonder where that old snake went. Now I want it...

If anyone wants another example of the stark contrast between the way the Bontragers eat and the way the Maxwell’s eat, you can look at Allison’s latest post. I feel like some of her food would blow Teri’s mind. Or tastebuds. 

On 10/26/2018 at 11:05 AM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Dare we hope it's for a guy needing a wife??

Especially because Teri says the price is only $49 a person, totally ignoring the other prices for married couples and students.... doesn’t seem she is talking to those folks. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If anyone wants another example of the stark contrast between the way the Bontragers eat and the way the Maxwell’s eat, you can look at Allison’s latest post. I feel like some of her food would blow Teri’s mind. Or tastebuds. 

Thanks for the tip.  I am definitely going to try her homemade salad dress and kale, egg skillet thing.

Is everybody good on the theological definition of “apologetics?”  It’s a system of explaining, and defending, what you believe and why. 

That said.... the murders at Tree Of Life have me thinking sorrowfully and deeply about my own apologetics in re: Steven Bargar dba Maxwell, and what good my criticisms and witticisms do in debunking him. 

I can’t, and won’t, give up my belief in Jesus Of Nazareth as God’s Son.  At the same time, an elder whom I deeply respect has said that I have a “Yiddishe kopf,” that I think like Jew.  Another, who told me she initially was guarded around me, wondering why I was studying Judaism & Torah if not to convert (she suspected I might be trying to convert others out of Judaism) has told me that I have a Jewish soul.  A third has complimented me as “an ecumenical.”

Steve has enraged me because of his arrogance and flat-out wrong, destructive ideas.  At this point, though, for *me* to visit his site, then to come here with criticisms and support for others — at this point, for me and me alone, it all seems like energy wrongly spent.

I know I’ve been on FJ for over a decade, and I have been e-friended by some wonderful people.  I never want to lose that and I don’t regret a minute spent here.

But something is calling me to go away for a while.  I’m thinking ... 40 days, at least. *weak grin* Seems Biblical, no?

I’m even going to log out. This is yuge, folks, as  I’m not certain I know my password to log back in.

For now, anyway, I’m with you in spirit but e-wandering somewhere else and IRL-seeking in the same way.  This is like ripping out my heart!  But do it, I must. 

Love you all, and holding you heartfelt til later.  

4 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I’m even going to log out. This is yuge, folks, as  I’m not certain I know my password to log back in.

I get it.  I've done it myself.

You will be missed...and when you want to come back and forgot your password I know a bunch of people who would be happy to help you out - just give us a shout when the time comes.

Sounds like Southeast Christian Church has had some issues.    https://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/30/arapahoe-church-youth-pastor-sentence-sexually-assaulting-13-year-old-girl/                      Will Coward Steve and Forgotten Jesse be staying with this family:    https://blog.titus2.com/2016/08/22/enjoying-fellowship/

On 10/27/2018 at 10:24 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

That sounds like my great grandmother. She was notorious for turning one thing into another. Old jeans into a vest or old dresses into curtains. She even turned an old tie into a stuffed snake that went at the bottom of your front door to keep any draft out. It had old button eyes and a little red felt tongue. I wonder where that old snake went. Now I want it...

I respect that sort of practical make-do, use-it-up, practicality.

I don't see an ETA on Sarah's puppy website anymore (used to be summer and then fall, I think), just that they are waiting for Ellie to go into heat. 

If they're still waiting her Ellie to go into heat, then it will be a while (60 days post-breeding) before any pups arrive.  Is it bad that I hope that she doesn't go into heat?

24 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

If they're still waiting her Ellie to go into heat, then it will be a while (60 days post-breeding) before any pups arrive.  Is it bad that I hope that she doesn't go into heat?

My goodness, for some reason I thought Ellie was already pregnant! So she hasn't even had sweet fellowship yet? Are the male dogs having trouble with the courtship questionnaire?

7 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

My goodness, for some reason I thought Ellie was already pregnant! So she hasn't even had sweet fellowship yet? Are the male dogs having trouble with the courtship questionnaire?

they haven't acquired a debt-free doghouse yet

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived