IGNORED

Maxwell 25: Pies, Cakes, Tarts, and Tortes

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I'm not sure its the kitchen of a home. I wonder if it is some sort of daycare center?

It definitely looks like some kind of facility to me, not a home kitchen.  Aren't things like this usually associated with an actual church?

"So, with which church are you affiliated?"

"None.  Our dad says there are no other churches that are pious enough and they are full of sinners and girls in eyetraps."

Teri whispers, "Yes, my husband cannot focus on the word of God when he's being plagued with constant erections due to being bombarded with women in contrasting buttons."

"By all means, crazy people, please preach your very specific brand of Christianity to other people's children.  But you'd better come alone...we don't want to be responsible for what will happen to your headship if he sees some of the kid's moms wearing pants."

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guacamole Jones and the Bean-Only Burrito of Doom!

I guess we're waiting for Sarah to blog about the dog-honeymoon.

Does anything think that Steve almost "bursting into tears" could be a euphemism?

On 10/30/2018 at 4:30 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I mean honestly I think more about testicles in this thread than at any other point in my life, most days.

Wish I had that problem :P (thanks, cancer!)

On 10/24/2018 at 1:51 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This is the kind of thing I would never notice in 1000 years.

That is because you are way to focused on deviling your eggs.

This is going to shock everyone, but Sarah's next "adventure" (WTF) book is about SIBLINGS IN A SMALL TOWN. So thrilled to see she's gotten out of her rut and is really trying out a new avenue with her "writing."

I do think Sarah looks really pretty in the photo on today's post. She does not seem to be wearing the extra layer under her top; and I think the top (dress?) is really cute. Nice colors for her. 

1 hour ago, deborahlynn1979 said:

This is going to shock everyone, but Sarah's next "adventure" (WTF) book is about SIBLINGS IN A SMALL TOWN. So thrilled to see she's gotten out of her rut and is really trying out a new avenue with her "writing."

Yeah, I keep wondering what her definition of a small town is. She lives in a small town. The last books seemed to be set in a small town.

1 minute ago, freejugar said:

she should write young adult

No snark, but I don't think she can.  Good YA is about kids beginning to come into their own thoughts, experiences, etc. without the buffer of their parents every step of the way.  It seems like Sarah is lacking basic life experiences an average YA has had.

23 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Yeah, I keep wondering what her definition of a small town is. She lives in a small town. The last book seemed to be set in a small town.

Well, tbf this one is set in an "adorable" small down.  If there is any word that doesn't spring to mind when hearing of the Maxwell's home life it's adorable.

Anyone know roughly where Maxwellvania is in Leavenworth? I'd be curious what churches are nearby--esp. ones that aren't lily-white.

It is so obvious that this book is different from Sarah’s other books because there are only two kids, not three. The oldest is also a future helpmeet so we will watch her defer to the younger male child under whose umbrella she might one day be if her daddy/authority dies and she is still unmarried. I assume they are siblings because  you can’t write a Christian book with children who have friends, especially when they are the opposite gender/sex.

I am trying to figure out how the kid who reviewed Sarah’s book thinks she has written adventure books? Going to the Costco or Sam’s club in a different town is not an adventure. 

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I do think Sarah looks really pretty in the photo on today's post. She does not seem to be wearing the extra layer under her top; and I think the top (dress?) is really cute. Nice colors for her. 

I wonder if Chelsy is having some influence.

@usmcmom I agree.  An actual dress with no hideous layers!  @Rosie, I also agree, the dress does look like a style Chelsy would wear, so maybe she is having some influence. 

As per the comments section, it's from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/ZESICA-Womens-Floral-Pockets-Pleated/dp/B077GLK7H3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541189464&sr=8-1&keywords=ZESICA%2BWomen's%2BFloral%2BPrint%2BLong%2BSleeve%2BPockets%2BEmpire%2BWaist%2BPleated%2BLong%2BMaxi%2BDress&th=1

image.png.f9cc750c9ffa319eb066d9d035b5a10b.png

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

It's very similar to the top Anna is wearing in her birthday post (the post immediately before the one centered on Sarah).

23 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

It's very similar to the top Anna is wearing in her birthday post (the post immediately before the one centered on Sarah).

I think there is a very good chance that Chelsy gave those dresses/tops to her SILs as gifts.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I thought the same thing. I actually scrolled down to double check. 

I hope Chelsy did influence them to try some new styles (or bought them as gifts) I thought Sarah's looked like something from Amazon - and I only say that because I recently ordered a couple of floral things from there. 

I wonder what the negotiations with Steve were like. You know; the ones where Sarah had to get his permission to wear a dress without a t-shirt under it. 

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Anyone know roughly where Maxwellvania is in Leavenworth? I'd be curious what churches are nearby--esp. ones that aren't lily-white.

The nearest churches (about a mile) are LDS (not much of an online presence, they appear to be mostly white but not entirely), the Jehovah's Witnesses (almost no online presence) and Trinity Lutheran (online presence but no pictures). Next closest is Leavenworth Church of Christ (about 2/3 white based on pictures).  

Sarah does look very pretty and that dress looks great on the model. But it appears Sarah had to order at least one size too large, so as not to show too much body outline. That sleeve wouldn't look wrinkly like that if the bodice fit properly.

Sarah's dress is very similar to the one Chelsy wore for her pregnancy announcement pictures & shared an affiliate link for. Of course, it's not a wrap, because that would show too much of a female shape and Sarah can't do that. 

21 hours ago, freejugar said:

she should write young adult

I read at some point in the comment sections where people were actually suggesting this. I can't remember what post it was in, though. 

I think there is a certain reason why the family in the new book have only two children.

Spoiler

The headship has had a vasectomy. The narrative will focus on the ‘journey’ the family go through until it’s laid on the headship’s heart to have it reversed and knock the helpmeet up every eighteen months.

The maxwells has no problem having this topic discussed, with children hearing, at John’s wedding, so why not write a book about it.

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Sarah's dress is very similar to the one Chelsy wore for her pregnancy announcement pictures & shared an affiliate link for. Of course, it's not a wrap, because that would show too much of a female shape and Sarah can't do that. 

Chelsy loves her some amazon clothes. She has a lot of skirts and dresses from amazon. I’m betting she gave that dress to Sarah.

So is it safe to assume Teri and Steve are at the Oklahoma wedding today? I really hope they bring the girls. They need more socialization in their lives. 

23 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Yeah, I keep wondering what her definition of a small town is. She lives in a small town. The last books seemed to be set in a small town.

I think I remember a blog post over the summer about a very small mountain town in Colorado? I feel like she talked about research for her latest book...

On 11/3/2018 at 1:04 AM, deborahlynn1979 said:

Hey, she stole my idea!  I'm writing adventure about siblings in a small town!

She better not have stolen the part about running away with a witch to fight demons too ;)

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived