IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7 Part 3 - Weddings, Babies, and Denial

Buzzard

On 10/3/2018 at 9:55 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Are we discussing menopause and peri menopause - my faveourite topic EVER 

half kidding 

since I am in the depths of peri it's not fun....omg I am not myself....emotion wise 

as for my breasts they are the same. 

I remember my mom going through it - 

for me it's not hot flashes or any of that - it's more emotions 

holy moly those freaking emotions 

I haven't gotten my period in six months and bam got it two weeks ago....so apparently according to my endocrinologist - until I go a whole year then it's menopause - before that - it's just half time or whatever...

now I am looking at these older women and wondering how the fuck did they get through it... and come out on the other side and act normal because I am not the normal one right now and it's like I need a perimenopause group - who wants to be in  a group with me....? No more in the dark 

Rise up ladies..

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and i am not going to discuss SITC with regards to Samantha and whether because i have no kids and people with kids have it differently. 

It's life and the same and we are the same people. 

SEE it's the emotions.

What can we call the support group? Bueller

I know I said this quite a while ago, but I think I'll repeat it here. As a woman in my forties, I'm a bit irritated. Judy Blume did a wonderful job in Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret talking about what happens when your period starts. I wish there were some kind of guide like that for perimenopause, but people really don't talk about it. 

I'm in.

1 minute ago, Audrey2 said:

I know I said this quite a while ago, but I think I'll repeat it here. As a woman in my forties, I'm a bit irritated. Judy Blume did a wonderful job in Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret talking about what happens when your period starts. I wish there were some kind of guide like that for perimenopause, but people really don't talk about it. 

I'm in.

omg I love you - I follow her on Facebook 

I will send her a note....

The 40s and Peri suck, plain and simple.

The 50's and being on the other side is much better, for the most part.

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

The 40s and Peri suck, plain and simple.

you can be our social director :) I want to go to Graceland when I turn 50 in four years. 

1 hour ago, nst said:

Ikr?  I feel like I've become a completely different person at times and I hate the new me.  She's so emotional and can't handle anything.

1 hour ago, nst said:

now I am looking at these older women and wondering how the fuck did they get through it... and come out on the other side and act normal because I am not the normal one right now and it's like I need a perimenopause group - who wants to be in  a group with me....?

This is a great - I am so with you.

13 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Honestly,  I'd rather know.  I once tried those tapered pants with a soft cuff at the bottom, you know?  My husband was like, those do nothing for you.  Hurt just a little, but it was truth and I knew it.  I was trying to dress too young.  Best to know!

I would,too.Mr Melon is trying to avoid my wrath....lol.I know it's bad if he says "Melon,please,don't wear that".It is better to know.

Sometimes,I'm too sensitive,and don't take criticism well.Some people can be very blunt,and not realize they hurt your feelings.Some also don't care.Some even get a kick out of saying something offensive to someone,just to see their reaction.

FunUndies,I also developed early.I started wearing underwire bras,at 13.I got unwanted attention,too.Once,I saved my money and bought some clothes.The shirt I bought had a picture of a group of safari type animals..and it said "Big Game".My mother said it was "suggestive".LOL.

I've consistently been a 38D,even after menopause.They only time it did change was when I lost 70lbs.I went down one size 36C.

24 minutes ago, nst said:

you can be our social director :) I want to go to Graceland when I turn 50 in four years. 

Iirc, you’ve joked about being Jessa before, and while I knew you were kidding I guess I thought that meant you were close to her age. When I read the above post I almost fell out of my chair. So strange that we feel like we “know” someone and then bam! Suddenly they’re older than we are. :confused2:

37 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

51 and still in peri and last year or so has been really bad and getting worse every day.  

1 hour ago, nst said:

now I am looking at these older women and wondering how the fuck did they get through it... and come out on the other side and act normal because I am not the normal one right now and it's like I need a perimenopause group - who wants to be in  a group with me....? No more in the dark 

This is such a great idea as soon as I read it I asked @Curious and she created one super fast.

1 hour ago, nst said:

What can we call the support group? Bueller

Curious just made a generic name - we'll change it when you come up with something you like.

Flap surgery is removing part of your body (muscle, fat, skin) and grafting that tissue onto your chest, in place of the breasts. 

Not for for the faint of heart:  https://www.cancer.org/cancer/breast-cancer/reconstruction-surgery/breast-reconstruction-options/breast-reconstruction-using-your-own-tissues-flap-procedures.html

27 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

51 and still in peri and last year or so has been really bad and getting worse every day.  

This is such a great idea as soon as I read it I asked @Curious and she created one super fast.

i just joined 

Women we rock 

41 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Ikr?  I feel like I've become a completely different person at times and I hate the new me.  She's so emotional and can't handle anything.

This is a great - I am so with you.

this semi new person is not the person i was 

but then I read this book and btw peri / menopausal books suck but one said that we are breaking open. 

breaking open 

glad you are with me !

1 minute ago, nst said:

i just joined 

Women we rock 

We do!  For others who want to join the fastest way is to click on the icon under @nst name or mine and ask to join.  It's a closed group but I'll approve you as soon as I see it.

I'm new to clubs we'll figure it out together.

If you guys have an idea for a cool icon for it we can change that as well as when NST comes up with the name :) 

33 minutes ago, Kailash said:

Iirc, you’ve joked about being Jessa before, and while I knew you were kidding I guess I thought that meant you were close to her age. When I read the above post I almost fell out of my chair. So strange that we feel like we “know” someone and then bam! Suddenly they’re older than we are. :confused2:

i love this. perhaps Jessa is a peri menopausal 46 year old who is sad she can't go to Orlando CC to meet DD again because it's too close to her going to Maui for xmas. 

1 hour ago, nst said:

half kidding 

since I am in the depths of peri it's not fun....omg I am not myself....emotion wise 

I haven't gotten my period in six months and bam got it two weeks ago....so apparently according to my endocrinologist - until I go a whole year then it's menopause - before that - it's just half time or whatever...

Rise up ladies..

I am with you!!!! I'm 41 but had a partial hysterectomy a few years ago. I'm told I'll go through menopause earlier than usual because of it. (also my mom went through it in her 30's but I'm not sure if that's hereditary or not) but I'm right there with you. Because I haven't had a period since my hysterectomy (obviously) there's no way for me to know if I'm going through it or not. (Can they do bloodwork to figure that out?) I'm already an emotional person but lately my emotions are OUT OF CONTROL and I hate it!! :( I actually have a dr appointment tomorrow  and I'm going to see if I can get a referral to an endocrinologist. It's terrible and I hate it. I feel like I can't control it!!!! :( 

Just now, mollysmom said:

I am with you!!!! I'm 41 but had a partial hysterectomy a few years ago. I'm told I'll go through menopause earlier than usual because of it. (also my mom went through it in her 30's but I'm not sure if that's hereditary or not) but I'm right there with you. Because I haven't had a period since my hysterectomy (obviously) there's no way for me to know if I'm going through it or not. (Can they do bloodwork to figure that out?) I'm already an emotional person but lately my emotions are OUT OF CONTROL and I hate it!! :( I actually have a dr appointment tomorrow  and I'm going to see if I can get a referral to an endocrinologist. It's terrible and I hate it. I feel like I can't control it!!!! :( 

Demand the endocrinologist and she/ he will help you ! mine is amazing... !!! 

it will be ok - just write out everything you want in detail because in the moment you might be crying 

so give her/him  the paper 

Ugh bras. I had a period of mourning when my strapless bra had the underwire come out. :(

4 minutes ago, nst said:

apparently we are supposed to be nice to the inner child in us - so we are essentially reverting to being a child. 

What's so hard is going through this at an age where we have so many responsibilities and need to have our shit together.  it's so much pressure and knowing others are going through the same is so helpful as it's a reminder to be gentle with ourselves as we are with others struggling.

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

What's so hard is going through this at an age where we have so many responsibilities and need to have our shit together.  it's so much pressure and knowing others are going through the same is so helpful as it's a reminder to be gentle with ourselves as we are with others struggling.

i have tenants who can't get a spider of their patio and call and tell me - then i almost ask them if they would like me to clean their bums. 

2 hours ago, nst said:

half kidding 

Rise up ladies..

I've been in peri for about 7 years so far. I thought I made it through 2 years ago. I had over 10 months without a period then they started again. This year I made it 11 1/2 months then bam, I got a period again so my counting has started over again. I can honestly say this has been the worst period of my life. Emotion-wise I was hit with anxiety like never before. I was a complete mess for awhile and if it wasn't for my incredible husband who supported me without question, who was there for me every step of the way, I don't know where I'd be right now. The anxiety is much better now; it just simmers and comes to a boil once in a while. I'm 53 and can't wait for it to be done. It's not all negative though. I've learned so much about myself and what I want out of life and I've finally learned how to say no and put myself first. I know a few women who have gone thru without a hitch. No emotions, irregular periods, nothing. Bitches.

I'm 44 and def peri.  I also have a lot of stress and worry over my son. It's making my life miserable!!  I just asked to join. Love to talk with others!

1 minute ago, Playagirl said:

I've been in peri for about 7 years so far. I thought I made it through 2 years ago. I had over 10 months without a period then they started again. This year I made it 11 1/2 months then bam, I got a period again so my counting has started over again. I can honestly say this has been the worst period of my life. Emotion-wise I was hit with anxiety like never before. I was a complete mess for awhile and if it wasn't for my incredible husband who supported me without question, who was there for me every step of the way, I don't know where I'd be right now. The anxiety is much better now; it just simmers and comes to a boil once in a while. I'm 53 and can't wait for it to be done. It's not all negative though. I've learned so much about myself and what I want out of life and I've finally learned how to say no and put myself first. I know a few women who have gone thru without a hitch. No emotions, irregular periods, nothing. Bitches.

wow - wonderful support from hubby! good. 

my mom at first was like what is your problem - probably because she has her own health issues. - And my friends have no clue because they are older and don't remember and it didn't seem to affect them (or so they say)... and the one with the five kids - she has no clue - but again  - no pitting because it's not about pitting

but i now will take it day by day. moment by moment. 

But yes - I was never one to put up with other people's thoughts towards me  - now I truly don't care and just really say what i want.  Doesn't always work. 

2 minutes ago, nst said:

But yes - I was never one to put up with other people's thoughts towards me  - now I truly don't care and just really say what i want.  Doesn't always work. 

Yep, my filter has definitely left the building. I've gone from quiet and complacent at work to letting it all out sometimes. If it wasn't for a boss who has a wife the same age as I am, I think I'd have gotten myself in shit a few times over the last few years.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived