IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7 Part 3 - Weddings, Babies, and Denial

Buzzard

1 hour ago, nst said:

you can be our social director :) I want to go to Graceland when I turn 50 in four years. 

Hello twin, same age, same peri problems, love Graceland.  I was surprised at how small the house was.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on the topic of boobs. As a bra maker, I find them fascinating. I had B cups for most of my teens and early 20's, and currently have a 32 DD/E (sometimes they puff up to 32 F with my cycle). Just looking at my boobs, they don't appear very large to me. They're a similar shape as they were in my mid 20's, just fuller.  Since I'm athletic, my pecs probably account for at least a cup size.

When a client of mine got implants, I was convinced by looking at her that she would wear a bigger size than I do, but I use the same patterns for her bras as I do for mine. I'm also an exotic dancer, and have noticed that many other dancers with natural boobs perceive themselves as smaller, most likely because we see so many implants at work. I've even heard dancers with perky C cups complain that they have 'no boobs'. That being said, I've seen dancers of all boob sizes do well. There is a great deal of pressure from stripper agents, club owners, and the club culture in general to get implants, but plenty of patrons prefer the natural look.

As for Jichelle, I may not like her, but for a mother of 19 who's probably gone through the change, she looks great. I think some of the higher necklines that go with modest dressing can make women look extra chesty.

20 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I think some of the higher necklines that go with modest dressing can make women look extra chesty.

This. Once I got my C/D "boobs" I had to re-think my wardrobe.

Turtlenecks make my faux-rack look enormous! I've learned that v-neck and scoop-neck styles make for a more flattering outfit. 

7 hours ago, mollysmom said:

I am with you!!!! I'm 41 but had a partial hysterectomy a few years ago. I'm told I'll go through menopause earlier than usual because of it. (also my mom went through it in her 30's but I'm not sure if that's hereditary or not) but I'm right there with you. Because I haven't had a period since my hysterectomy (obviously) there's no way for me to know if I'm going through it or not. (Can they do bloodwork to figure that out?) I'm already an emotional person but lately my emotions are OUT OF CONTROL and I hate it!! :( I actually have a dr appointment tomorrow  and I'm going to see if I can get a referral to an endocrinologist. It's terrible and I hate it. I feel like I can't control it!!!! :( 

Yes,you can have bloodwork done to check your hormone levels.

I had a partial hysterectomy,too,when I was 45.

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

The 50's and being on the other side is much better, for the most part.

And the sixties are fabulous!

19 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Meanwhile I’m in my early twenties with H cups that have never been perky. It’s annoying, inconvenient and sometimes painful. And I have random acquaintances giving me advice on reductions or what bras to wear or how my boobs are supposed to look. 

I think people don’t realize that a lot of large-chested women are very sensitive about their boobs because they get constant attention and comments about them (negative and positive). 

Those types of comments are just plain rude and inappropriate. It amazes me that people think it is okay to comment on someone else's breasts. Can you imagine if someone made comments like that about a man or woman's genitals? 

I didn't realize that all the talking heads that they've been doing where Lauren has the overdone bronzer on her face, were filmed after they were married. I was shocked that she would say to Josiah (in front of everyone), "You need a breath mint". I thought that was really rude.

Oh my lord the anxiety was so bad and my idiot doctor just kept trying different antidepressants. Just happened to complain to my endocrinologist who was like, "What the hell? You just need a tiny bit of continuous estrogen while your body gets used to the idea of not making its own anymore." Put me on the lowest dose patch for a year then we cut the dose by half every six months for another year. Best. Thing. Ever. Almost overnight the anxiety was gone, I was sleeping  normally again, and ten freaking years of nonstop hot flashes ended! I have a feeling going to an OBGYN would have also resulted in the same outcome but when mine retired I made the mistake of just going to my GP for the well woman and yearly exams. Never again!

13 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I am just shy of

I'm 58.So not too long to my sixties.

I cant/couldn't take estrogen.I had breast cancer.

I noticed at around 48,I'd sometimes have night sweats.In my fifties I was working,until I was 56,but I worked in a warehouse.A sometimes physically demanding job.At 52 or 53,I was in my work station ,moving pallets with a pallet jack,inspecting every box on the pallet,then wrapping the pallets.So, even though,it was January ,at we were having some cold weather ,for us...I'd break a sweat..then I'd have a hot flash....so in I'd take off my jacket...because I was hot....then people would ask."Melon,where is your jacket"? "Melon, aren't you cold??""Oh,Melon, are you having a "moment".

On 10/7/2018 at 12:14 AM, Jinder Roles said:

Meanwhile I’m in my early twenties with H cups that have never been perky. It’s annoying, inconvenient and sometimes painful. And I have random acquaintances giving me advice on reductions or what bras to wear or how my boobs are supposed to look. 

I think people don’t realize that a lot of large-chested women are very sensitive about their boobs because they get constant attention and comments about them (negative and positive). 

I'm so sorry.I can't imagine.My mother used to tell I needed a reduction,and I'm a 38D.Sadly,I think she told me that to either  piss me off,or make me feel bad,sometimes it did both.

And I just realized how much stronger my emotions were during the whole thing..I never thought about it.but they were..sometimes still are.

16 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

And the sixties are fabulous!

Tell me, when does that fabulousness begin? I'm 64, and since I've hit 60 I've 

had two cataract surgeries

had two eye laser procedures for    floaters

had four cavities after none for about 30  years

had two knee replacements.

Tell me again how fabulous it is? LOL

35 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

It's SUPER FABULOUS. Why? Because you're still alive. That counts for a lot. Trust me. :) 

Menopause sucks, plain and simple.  My anxiety and depression that I have gone my whole life keeping under control is now out of control.  I am angry and sad and crying and in the next moment can be silly and laughing so hard I can't breathe. The night sweats have just about stopped now, but for a couple of years slept with all the bedroom windows fully open in the frozen north where I live.  Think I just about killed my husband, but hey, the heating bill was down. :)  Still have hot flashes, especially when I am stressed or anxious--I have taken to keeping an old fashioned hand fan at my desk.  I am not enjoying this, not at all!

9 hours ago, xlurker said:

Menopause sucks, plain and simple.  My anxiety and depression that I have gone my whole life keeping under control is now out of control.  I am angry and sad and crying and in the next moment can be silly and laughing so hard I can't breathe. The night sweats have just about stopped now, but for a couple of years slept with all the bedroom windows fully open in the frozen north where I live.  Think I just about killed my husband, but hey, the heating bill was down. :)  Still have hot flashes, especially when I am stressed or anxious--I have taken to keeping an old fashioned hand fan at my desk.  I am not enjoying this, not at all!

When I was going through menopause, I recall waiting until I was having a hot flash before going outside to call the cats in for the night.  I was as toasty as could be in even the coldest weather.

In the thick of hot flashes too. Husband was out of town for business last week, kept the ac at 67 all week, i felt WONDERFUL.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to join the boob discussion too! I have small breasts and I'm pretty happy about it. I can go without a bra if I want to (although when I'm  public I use bras as to cover my nipples, and if I'm just on my way to the grocery store or something I'll put on a shirt, a coat of some kind depending on the weather, and then I'm ready to go and no one sees that I'm not wearing a bra). I used to be really jealous of big breasted girls and women when I was in secondary school (age 12-15 for me, it starts the year you turn 13 so for people born before August it's age 13-16) though. That was because I was constantly bombarded with the message that boys only like girls with big boobs, and I had barely any breasts back then and was bullied for it by both boys and girls. I was told I wasn't really a girl and would never get a boyfriend since I didn't have curves... (Well they were right about the never having a boyfriend part but it was because I realized I'm gay, not because of my boob size! But back in secondary school I was devastated at the thought of no boys ever liking me.)

Honestly our society's fixation with big boobs is so weird. I've since learned to be greatful that I don't get any back pain from mine and I do appreciate that I can go braless if I want to. I have a problem finding bras who are wide enough but not a C or D cup though, and even most C&D's don't seem to go over 80, 85 cm at most (I have no idea what this is in US sizes and can't bother to google, but most bras are 70-80cm wide). And I need 95... Honestly I wish there was a greater variation of sizes in regular stores, because it feels so shitty standing in the changing room with bra after bra that doesn't fit.

3 hours ago, Queen said:

I want to join the boob discussion too! I have small breasts and I'm pretty happy about it. I can go without a bra if I want to (although when I'm  public I use bras as to cover my nipples, and if I'm just on my way to the grocery store or something I'll put on a shirt, a coat of some kind depending on the weather, and then I'm ready to go and no one sees that I'm not wearing a bra). I used to be really jealous of big breasted girls and women when I was in secondary school (age 12-15 for me, it starts the year you turn 13 so for people born before August it's age 13-16) though. That was because I was constantly bombarded with the message that boys only like girls with big boobs, and I had barely any breasts back then and was bullied for it by both boys and girls. I was told I wasn't really a girl and would never get a boyfriend since I didn't have curves... (Well they were right about the never having a boyfriend part but it was because I realized I'm gay, not because of my boob size! But back in secondary school I was devastated at the thought of no boys ever liking me.)

Honestly our society's fixation with big boobs is so weird. I've since learned to be greatful that I don't get any back pain from mine and I do appreciate that I can go braless if I want to. I have a problem finding bras who are wide enough but not a C or D cup though, and even most C&D's don't seem to go over 80, 85 cm at most (I have no idea what this is in US sizes and can't bother to google, but most bras are 70-80cm wide). And I need 95... Honestly I wish there was a greater variation of sizes in regular stores, because it feels so shitty standing in the changing room with bra after bra that doesn't fit.

I have a pretty small chest too but a real broad back. I have to look for 38B bras. The cups can be a bit big but I can barely fit the bra around me. My best friend since high school , who is barely a B, and I always joke around that we are still waiting to develop. 

I have a cute perky 36C. Not nips on a board but not Dolley Parton Either. I am satisfied but my Butt makes up for it and that’s fine as well :) 

On 10/7/2018 at 7:29 PM, moreorlessnu said:

Can you imagine if someone made comments like that about a man or woman's genitals? 

I once had a male OBGYN inform me my labia were 'perfectly normal' (unsolicited) :S Later I found out he did labial plastic surgery, apparently one of the fastest growing procedures. I'd never even heard of such a thing!

In my experience, the 'bigger is always better' boob size thing is b.s. as far as men go. There are fans of every size!

On 10/8/2018 at 11:19 AM, Four is Enough said:

Tell me, when does that fabulousness begin? I'm 64, and since I've hit 60 I've 

had two cataract surgeries

had two eye laser procedures for    floaters

had four cavities after none for about 30  years

had two knee replacements.

I was speaking only for myself of course. I have my share of health issues (I had cataract surgery in both eyes, have a chronic heart condition, don't ask about all the money I have spent on dental care, and I am diabetic).  But I have never been more comfortable in my (fat) body or enjoyed sex more in my entire life. I have financial security I didn't have before, and freedom. I am in the best relationship of my life. There are issues with aging (many deaths of family and friends among the most difficult), but for me those issues have not stopped aging from being worthwhile. I would not go back to the insecurities and drama of my youth. So many things I just don't give a fuck about anymore. Things are peaceful now. Yep, my life is pretty damn fabulous, but I've adjusted my attitude too. My conditions are medically managed and I feel pretty good most days and can care for myself. Can't go back anyway, so I'm determined to make the best of things now.

Thyroid issues have made losing weight an absolute horror, but my boobs I can sort of live with. Currently sitting at a 44C and the only thing I would really change is to have them lifted. The sagging struggle is real, I hate underwires and TMI but if I don't keep them lifted and dry then I get rashes and stuff. The one consult I had about them the doc pretty much said the same, plenty of volume but lifting would be the first thing. 

Oldest is barely a 34B but Middle at just 14 is already a 36D. It makes for some jealousy between the girls but Oldest has legs for days where Middle is stockier built. I always make a point of telling them that guys come liking different things. Some are boobs, some are legs and some like a cute butt. They'll find someone who loves them just the way they are. 

1 minute ago, Shadoewolf said:

I don't keep them lifted and dry then I get rashes and stuff.

I put antiperspirant under my boobs.

2 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

They'll find someone who loves them just the way they are. 

Yes they will. I did. There is a lid for every pot. A right-sized lid, lol.

I used to have a huge boobs as a teenager. When I turned 18, I immediately got a breast reduction.

Fast forward to when I got pregnant last year and realised that breastfeeding wouldn't be as easy a ride as I thought it would be. It's been a struggle, unfortunately, but I am lucky enough to partially breastfeed. Sometimes I wonder if I should have had the surgery when I did, given that I now think it's better to wait with a reduction until you're done having kids, but I know my 20s would have been miserable had I kept my breasts as they were.

• 1 month later...

I'm reviving this thread because I was out of town for a couple of days and have a question: So the wedding episode that aired on 27 November was the same as the 20 minutes webisode? I'm a bit confused because I read people were disappointed it was only a 30 minutes episode, not a full hour. TIA ?

@DillyDally i haven't watch neither the online episode neither the TV  show, but from what I understand they are the same for now. I think that the long one will be show during next season maybe as opening for the new season that I think (if don't mix it with the Bates) will start in January 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived