IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7 Part 3 - Weddings, Babies, and Denial

Buzzard

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Siren made me cringe in that promo. Josiah made an okay joke with the "do you speak any German?" "nein", and then Lauren ruined it by laughing way too loudly, way out of proportion to how funny it was. Just because it's rare for y'all to make semi-clever jokes doesn't mean you need to cackle like you're me watching John Mulaney.

WEll, not to defend her, but sometimes some things just strike you as funny, even though no on else thinks it's funny.

Case in point. we were watching Outlander a couple weeks ago and Jamie went bee hive hunting... next scene, he's walking back to the cabin with a bag full of bees....and man all I could think of was "here's a big a big bag of bees!" I laughed uncontrollably for at least 20 minutes (or more!) while my husband and daughter looked at me like I was crazy.

34 minutes ago, karen77 said:

WEll, not to defend her, but sometimes some things just strike you as funny, even though no on else thinks it's funny.

I still laugh so hard I practically hyperventilate when watching this scene from Robin Hood: Men in Tights:

Everyone else I know smiles at it a bit, unless I'm there, then I'm the one everyone watches while I go nuts with glee.

55 minutes ago, viii said:

I'm pretty much always laughing at things nobody else is laughing at. Whoops. 

Me too!!! I'm VERY easily amused! (but I don't mind...makes life more fun!)

I remember laughing through most of the way through Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow due to my own internal dialog.  The friend I had next to me kept telling me to be quiet.  I remember when watching it and thinking it would be a good to watch with friends and pay out/add extra dialog to.

20 hours ago, karen77 said:

Case in point. we were watching Outlander a couple weeks ago and Jamie went bee hive hunting... next scene, he's walking back to the cabin with a bag full of bees....and man all I could think of was "here's a big a big bag of bees!" I laughed uncontrollably for at least 20 minutes (or more!) while my husband and daughter looked at me like I was crazy.

Speaking of Outlander, I can never hear the word honey pot without giggling like mad.  

And yes, my family and friends have so many inside jokes that we laugh at that people look at us like we are nuts, I think most people have that with friends & family. 

7 hours ago, Someone Out There said:

I remember laughing through most of the way through Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow due to my own internal dialog.  The friend I had next to me kept telling me to be quiet.  I remember when watching it and thinking it would be a good to watch with friends and pay out/add extra dialog to.

Movies you can give the MST3K treatment too are best done at home with cocktails. 

21 hours ago, karen77 said:

Weil, ain't ye just a wee... Sassenach!

12 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Speaking of Outlander, I can never hear the word honey pot without giggling like mad.  

And ye.... are around nine years old, I bet!

Great to hear from other Outlander lovers! Slainte var!

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

Weil, ain't ye just a wee... Sassenach!

And ye.... are around nine years old, I bet!

Great to hear from other Outlander lovers! Slainte var!

Och eye, Ima a fair wee lassy! 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Och eye, Ima a fair wee lassy! 

*Aye not eye, I thought I fixed that.  :pb_rollseyes:

Wolf kids now insist that Mr Wolf and I not start laughing until the squirrel actually appears in Christmas Vacation. We have a video of grand wolf falling off the couch from laughing so hard the first time he saw it. We're easily amused.

The new season promo is uneventful. I am sure we have already seen 1/4th the content. Weren't we already in the hospital with Jinger and Sound of Musicing through Germany with Josiah and Lauren?

The only moment my attention was caught was when John David said it was time he "popped that..." I totally thought he was going to say something inappropriate but of course, in true fundie fashion, he followed up with the word "question".

I really hope this season is the last of everything. The only way this show could be saved is if they started featuring some of the families they married into. There is quite a few at this point. Otherwise, how many more special announcements, hints that someday some how Jana may marry or birth plans gone wrong can anyone sit through with the same 10 people? 

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Wolf kids now insist that Mr Wolf and I not start laughing until the squirrel actually appears in Christmas Vacation. We have a video of grand wolf falling off the couch from laughing so hard the first time he saw it. We're easily amused.

We watch a lot of Christmas movies around here but Christmas Vacation is probably our favorite. I laugh through the whole movie but my favorite part is when the doorbell sounds like impending doom when the in-laws arrive. I've always said I need one of those. So three years ago we are all sitting and watching the movie, and that scene is about to come on. My youngest daughter says she's going out to the garage to get a drink from the beer/soda fridge, and just when the doorbell rings on the tv our doorbell goes off and it's the SAME EXACT ONE! Her and her engineer dad made it. I just about died. We all laughed for about an hour. It brings great joy whenever it rings. Funny though, my mother in law doesn't seem to like it! ?

Well, crap.  February 11 it is with another "big announcement."  

I'm guessing they're formally adopting Caleb.  Selling off Jana would be too easy. 

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I'm guessing they're formally adopting Caleb.  Selling off Jana would be too easy. 

Wait, what did I miss? When did they say there was another big announcement?

15 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Do you mean Caleb Williams?

21 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

wondering if its Jessa Blessa's announcement that she's preggers?

Yeah, Jessa's pregnancy was not mentioned in the trailer for the new season. The new 'special announcement' has to be that.

55 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Do you mean Tyler? Caleb was their miscarriage. 

16 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Do you mean Tyler? Caleb was their miscarriage. 

Yes, Tyler... I cant keep up with all these Duggars!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived