IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7 Part 3 - Weddings, Babies, and Denial

Buzzard

Woah, are we sure that post meant to be body shaming? I seriously live in my own little world but in my family of small busted women that wish we were larger that post would have been a compliment. I loved getting my post menopausal boobs after spending my earlier life with A's. It isn't weight gain for many of us, just a change in fat distribution and changes in the underlying structures that hold everything in. Some of us want bigger busts. I have an aunt that got implants to look about the same size as J'Chelle does here and is in heaven. I mean, I don't know what the poster intended, if anything, just surprised to see people thinking this is shaming.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn’t read body shaming in that. I thought it was just a comment on how she looks now compared to a few years ago. Not better, not worse, just different. 

3 hours ago, Ilovebrownies said:

What I commented was not body shaming.  Making an observation about someone is not body shaming.  

When you post what you did about another woman's breasts complete with a pic and the words "I'll just leave this here" it is absolutely body shaming.

If you are not in a sexual relationship with Michelle, nor one of her nursing infants, her breasts are none of your business. 

Your post contributes to the mindset that it's okay to judge other women based on our breasts, and that no matter what a woman looks like it's okay to shame her for not being physically perfect.  That ubiquitous in our culture, I just think we should be better than that here.

I think the Duggars are teaming up Jackson and Tyler now that Hannie and he are no longer teamed up. The howlers might have been travelling in a vehicle that wouldn’t fit Jackson and Tyler. Perhaps the younger boys were being homeschooled. Perhaps Jackson had a cold. I don’t think that he was left out due to any nefarious intent. 

9 hours ago, ItsMeY'all said:

Woah, are we sure that post meant to be body shaming? I seriously live in my own little world but in my family of small busted women that wish we were larger that post would have been a compliment. I loved getting my post menopausal boobs after spending my earlier life with A's. It isn't weight gain for many of us, just a change in fat distribution and changes in the underlying structures that hold everything in. Some of us want bigger busts. I have an aunt that got implants to look about the same size as J'Chelle does here and is in heaven. I mean, I don't know what the poster intended, if anything, just surprised to see people thinking this is shaming.

Yeah especially when the poster says that "thank goodness" she still has her "perky Bs" /sarcasm

I mean there's so much we can say about J'chelle why the fuck we should judge her boobs supposed lack of perkyness. Why did I type that sentence? It makes me cringe.

I am team small boobs (thank you nature/sarcasm) and I really don't think your reasoning is sound at all. I have heard small boobed women shame more well endowed ones (behind their backs obviously) out of envy and it's nasty, it's not admiration, it's body shaming. 

3 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

I have heard small boobed women shame more well endowed ones (behind their backs obviously) out of envy and it's nasty, it's not admiration, it's body shaming. 

Lori Alexander!

21 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Lori Alexander!

Ha! I literally just read that from you on Gwen's thread.  It's like Lori is one stop shopping for all terrible behavior.

28 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Ha! I literally just read that from you on Gwen's thread.  It's like Lori is one stop shopping for all terrible behavior.

Lori is the worst, hateful and vile beyond measure.

On 10/3/2018 at 11:38 AM, Carm_88 said:

It must kill Derick. Which makes me happy! :) I mean he wants the show to move to UP! so that he can get back on it.

I don't think UP! would even consider showing him.

I haven't been able to watch the full epoisde yet, but from what I have seen...

Michelle looked beautiful. 

Oops, I didn't realize the original poster was the same person that posted about having perky B's so I do see some negative there. Thanks for pointing that out!

I do still find it fun to see the difference of opinions here. I would have been pissed to "only" have perky B's and was so happy to go from an A to a C with menopause but I know others who have paid to downsize to that size and been thrilled.  No right or wrong. I guess I just don't have a problem discussing boobs anymore than discussing hair or tattoos. They are just another body part to me but I understand others feel differently. My overall point was that we all have different likes and dislikes, different standards of beauty and what makes us feel good about ourselves. I like seeing our differences of opinion discussed on FJ and this just seemed like another instance of that to me. It was more me pointing out what some saw as a negative others view as a positive and neither is "wrong." Saying "I wouldn't want my boobs to be as big as her's," just seems like expressing an opinion more than body shaming to me and personally I take no issue with that. Saying "Wow, her boobs are really making her look fat," would piss me off! 

Just in general: let's face it, it is pretty unlikely that no Duggar is expecting right now. My guess is that grand-Duggar number 13, 14 and 15 are already on their way, probably by Jessa, Joy, and Lauren.

^^I'm kind of amazed there have been no announcements yet.

For those interested/keeping track, we are currently at one month and 16 days of No Known Duggar Jestations. Will we make it to Oct 20 with no announcements?

On 9/28/2018 at 6:50 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

Dammit--now if I keep my light off this year, I am going to worry that the neighbors might think I am a sex offender!

i'm going to hell right with you, since we do the same thing here anymore.  We've got two bigass German shepherds and it is a pain in the butt for that reason alone.

Can someone please come up with a name for this special season of our lives where there are no known gestating Duggarlings. This way in the future we can refer back to this time period without having to say, "...back in '18, those 61 days we didn't know anyone was pregnant..." This is a truly holy time and we should honor it with a name. My brain is fried right now and all I've got is the "drought of 2018" but that totally sucks and implies a negative.  I'm sure Rufus put a special name on one of your hearts, please share that gift with us!

The Days of No Impending Duggarlets?

The Duggar Doldrums?

Duggar Due-less Days?

Due-not Duggars?

I want to know why God is so mad at them all so as to not give them more babies.  I'm actually not kidding---if God gives babies as a reward, why isn't anyone pregnant right now?  How do they explain that?

I'm real curious about Lauren. It looks like she didnt have a honeymoon baby. 

Like I've mentioned before, I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant the day they got married. So she would be about 16 weeks pregnant right now if it was a honey moon baby. 

4 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

So all you people can stay virtuous here’s a helpful guide.4CF85405-192B-4510-BD24-9BE83BEE4B3B.thumb.png.2d387f46a0185b094914e435992cfcc1.png

:jawdrop:

^ Me seeing the 18% battery and thinking it was on my phone, that I just charged. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived