IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7 Part 3 - Weddings, Babies, and Denial

Buzzard

11 hours ago, ItsMeY'all said:

Who was the curly haired bridesmaid? Was that her helping one of the twins (maybe...one of the of ageish boys) get his hat and everything situated at the tea party? She seemed maybe a bit old for him but it still got my attention. Gotta keep eyes peeled for stuff like this during all of the wedding episodes!

Hannah Millsap, their family has been friends with the Duggs for awhile. They're big on fitness. She's posted pics with Jinger and maybe Jana before I think? She's maybe 23-25ish. Her older sister is divorced from Steffan Holt (brother of the Kayleigh that teenage Josh was "betrothed" to before the sin-in-the-camp) & her younger sister posts some pretty darn scandalous pics on insta....

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Ilovebrownies said:

Has anyone else noticed how large Michelle’s chest looks lately?  

I'm not the only one who's noticed that.  I wonder if she just isn't gaining some post menopausal weight, I'm not saying this to be nasty, I'm I in the throws of menopause myself and I'm in the same damn boat. :pb_rollseyes: 

I find it nearly impossible she had a boob job but who knows with these people. Or hell for all we know she just have lost all the baby belly flab after 18 odd pregnancies thus making her appear chestier with a smaller stomach. OR she's finally wearing properly fitting tops?  But I'm going with my 1st theory simply because of her age, again not being mean, just another season of life. :pb_lol:

34 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm not the only one who's noticed that.  I wonder if she just isn't gaining some post menopausal weight, I'm not saying this to be nasty, I'm I in the throws of menopause myself and I'm in the same damn boat. :pb_rollseyes: 

I find it nearly impossible she had a boob job but who knows with these people. Or hell for all we know she just have lost all the baby belly flab after 18 odd pregnancies thus making her appear chestier with a smaller stomach. OR she's finally wearing properly fitting tops?  But I'm going with my 1st theory simply because of her age, again not being mean, just another season of life. :pb_lol:

I am also in that season of life and that has not happened to me thank goodness, I like my still perky Bs.  I looked back at some older photos of her anf there is definitely a big difference.  I’ll just leave this here.

6FE7723E-CB91-40FD-A915-ED9C659D7265.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

* Abbie and John David are beyond adorable. Loved the introduction. I’m sure they’ll talk more about religion next season, but loved they didn’t go into it yet, also really loved that they didn’t announce to his family in a big scripted scene with a camera crew ! This also makes me REALLY want this for my hard working outdoorsy son who reminds me a lot of John David. 

I like the fact that he used the word "girlfriend" and that it seems that they made this decision themselves, no stupid fake convo with her dad.  I'm hopeful that they will be the rebels and say "screw this" to the chaperone thing... which it appears has to have happened... if no one knew they were "dating" that means they were alone AND had conversations independent of little ears. 

One can hope... 

Buzzard, I noticed that in the recap you say that John and Abbie have been courting 2 1/2 months before the wedding. Isn't it 1 1/2 months? I know this is probably nitpicky, but it's just something I noticed. The Duggars were in Oklahoma in early May and the started courting soon after I believe. If I'm right, they really were courting for 1 1/2 month like they said.

There was real food at this wedding and people could actually sit down. No before wedding talk with Siah and no prayer after with Boob and Michelle.  I think Josiah got married just to get out of the damn house.

Jana is so pretty. 

I hear the ratings were way down for this 2 hour bore-a-thon, under a million.

I watched the episodes last night... I'm so ashamed that I comfortably sat through all two hours of that. I did get laundry done though. Duggars are good for that haha. Spare thoughts:

• I loved the tea party. Seemed like a cool, unique engagement party, although I hate hate hate the Duggar boys' need to say "Durr we're MEN but you gotta pretend to like what the wimmins like" attitude. I would be mortified if any man in my life treated me that way. It's so condescending.
  • I think a few people in the room (including Miss Cindy) TOTALLY got that D and V double entendre. I just got that vibe. I do think it was accidental though.
  • I can't believe there was no Jesus in Abbie's introduction! I really like her so far. I wonder where she and JD will settle (probably in a house near TTH, but still a bit interesting to think about)
  • The ending really didn't make it look like another season is 100% in the cards. That's probably too much to hope for though. I'm sure there will at least be a special for JD's wedding.

14 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I like the fact that he used the word "girlfriend" and that it seems that they made this decision themselves, no stupid fake convo with her dad.  I'm hopeful that they will be the rebels and say "screw this" to the chaperone thing... which it appears has to have happened... if no one knew they were "dating" that means they were alone AND had conversations independent of little ears. 

One can hope... 

That’s an interesting point about asking her Dad for permission to court. In their world courting/dating/being in a relationship is almost certain to lead to marriage in a very,  very short time. Would asking to court be equal to asking for her parents/dad’s permission/  blessing to marry? I imagine even many non-fundie guys still do that - even if just as a tradition / formality with no real bearing on the couples plans. 

Also - what’s up with that “family cam”??? It didn’t appear any one was intentionally filming the scene /reactions. Do they have a mounted camera set up and recording all the time? Or did he ask one of the little kids to film?

22 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

There was real food at this wedding and people could actually sit down. No before wedding talk with Siah and no prayer after with Boob and Michelle.  I think Josiah got married just to get out of the damn house.

Jana is so pretty. 

I hear the ratings were way down for this 2 hour bore-a-thon, under a million.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-monday-cable-originals-network-finals-10-1-2018.html

Yup, looks like 942, which is really low.  I am also wondering if the "show" with their daily bullshit adventures is done and we'll just check in for specials in between regular TLC series.  At this point there are too many of them to follow, the timeline is all kinds of fucked up, and the ones available for sale (except Jana) are pretty much unknown to the audience. 

I foresee "a very duggar christmas," wedding, and baybee specials.  No more bullshit date nights and decorating houses.

We don’t know yet if JD went to her father to get his blessing for their courtship.  But they are adorable and I’m calling them my fave fundie couple.

36 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

I watched the episodes last night... I'm so ashamed that I comfortably sat through all two hours of that. I did get laundry done though. Duggars are good for that haha. Spare thoughts:

• I loved the tea party. Seemed like a cool, unique engagement party, although I hate hate hate the Duggar boys' need to say "Durr we're MEN but you gotta pretend to like what the wimmins like" attitude. I would be mortified if any man in my life treated me that way. It's so condescending.
  • I think a few people in the room (including Miss Cindy) TOTALLY got that D and V double entendre. I just got that vibe. I do think it was accidental though.
  • I can't believe there was no Jesus in Abbie's introduction! I really like her so far. I wonder where she and JD will settle (probably in a house near TTH, but still a bit interesting to think about)
  • The ending really didn't make it look like another season is 100% in the cards. That's probably too much to hope for though. I'm sure there will at least be a special for JD's wedding.

Right now they have NOTHING going on, and they are pretty much caught up, the only thing that didn't air was an extended Jinger birth episode, but the webisode covered enough, IMO. No one cared about Siaha & Lauren's weird marriage, and every time they turn around another Duggar is making an ass of himself and getting booted, its only a matter of time before all of them are off.  I'm sure we'll get a special webisode of JD's wedding probably a special TV episode if/when Jana does.

They maybe off the air for quite awhile, I can see them taking a break for a few years or just doing small update webisodes on TLC.com.  How many more times can we hear them say precious, or Josie act feral licking all the food.  There are nothing but Duggar males for the foreseeable future and honestly none of them are really marriage age only being teens still it will probably be 2 or 3 years before Jed, Jer and Jason are really READY to marry. I'm starting to think Jana just doesn't want to get married, period. She's got it pretty good right now and isn't burdened with a husband and babies right now.  Joy & Austin don't seem to really want to be on camera, and Joe & Kendra are VERY radio silent, not even an insta story every few weeks like Joy does.  Jessa can't really carry a weekly show on her own and no one else seems very interested, except for the ones who've been booted off the island.

1 hour ago, Ilovebrownies said:

I am also in that season of life and that has not happened to me thank goodness, I like my still perky Bs.  I looked back at some older photos of her anf there is definitely a big difference.  I’ll just leave this here.

YOU are lucky, as the saying goes the bigger they are the harder they fall, and my DDD are practically down to my knees.  They were never exactly perky at that size but they at least has a somewhat upward trajectory.

ETA: A well made well fitted bra will also do this. They don't come cheap but are worth every cent to look this good in anything. 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

One can hope... 

I think they had her sister(s) with them, so technically they would have had chaperones. But I appreciate that he said, "This is my girlfriend." It's a step in the right direction. 

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

That’s an interesting point about asking her Dad for permission to court. In their world courting/dating/being in a relationship is almost certain to lead to marriage in a very,  very short time. Would asking to court be equal to asking for her parents/dad’s permission/  blessing to marry? I imagine even many non-fundie guys still do that - even if just as a tradition / formality with no real bearing on the couples plans. 

Also - what’s up with that “family cam”??? It didn’t appear any one was intentionally filming the scene /reactions. Do they have a mounted camera set up and recording all the time? Or did he ask one of the little kids to film?

eh, in Duggar world they ask permission to court and then permission to propose. soooooo extra. haha. and we don't know whether JD talked to ma & pa Burnett yet. I imagine TLC filmed their court-posal but the family introduction might've occurred on a non-filming day so a relative caught it on camera. It seems like most of the fam wasn't expecting this - maybe just JB or M or Jana had a heads-up and filmed the moment?

Buzzard, I noticed that in the recap you say that John and Abbie have been courting 2 1/2 months before the wedding. Isn't it 1 1/2 months? I know this is probably nitpicky, but it's just something I noticed. The Duggars were in Oklahoma in early May and the started courting soon after I believe. If I'm right, they really were courting for 1 1/2 month like they said.

Is it possible that the recap/voice over footage was recorded a month after the wedding?

On 10/3/2018 at 7:33 PM, kiwi said:

Is it possible that the recap/voice over footage was recorded a month after the wedding?

At the end where they introduce abbie?

So, speaking of bras, I always read that you should replace them every 6 months or so.  Is that really necessary?  I have bras that are much older than that  :my_blush: and they don't appear to be stretched or worn out in the least.  I put them in a lingerie bag and run them through the delicate cycle in my washer---hang to dry. 

I have (to my mind) ginormous breasts--32DDD (well, they are big for my frame, anyway) and have to buy expensive (again, to my mind) bras to accommodate.  I can't fathom spending literally hundreds of dollars to replace these bras every 6 months.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/when-you-should-replace-bras_n_5aff26bae4b0a046186b7364

22 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

So, speaking of bras, I always read that you should replace them every 6 months or so.  Is that really necessary?  I have bras that are much older than that  :my_blush: and they don't appear to be stretched or worn out in the least.  I put them in a lingerie bag and run them through the delicate cycle in my washer---hang to dry. 

I have (to my mind) ginormous breasts--32DDD (well, they are big for my frame, anyway) and have to buy expensive (again, to my mind) bras to accommodate.  I can't fathom spending literally hundreds of dollars to replace these bras every 6 months.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/when-you-should-replace-bras_n_5aff26bae4b0a046186b7364

I'm certainly no expert but here's my opinion (for what it's worth! :) ) I am a size G (g for ginormous! :( ) and buy very expensive bras too because I want to support these bad boys the best that I can. To me, it's worth every penny. I don't replace them every 6 months though. I have about 3 bras that I rotate out every 3 days (if that makes sense....so every 4th day I end up wearing bra number 1 again) and I know when it's time to get new ones, I can just tell by looking to be honest. I probably replace mine once a year though. That's an area that I refuse to skimp on because it really does make a big difference. I'm 41 and my boobs look surprisingly good considering their size (in my humble opinion haha)

26 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I have never heard that, I definitely have had bras for upwards of 10 years.

Next you're going to tell me I shouldn't keep my underwear or tights 10+ years, hell no I'm not replacing that shit until it's in tatters.

I think bras are an invest in quality, quality lasts situation

And at a certain point I switched to a variety of seamless black underwear that I continue to buy more and more. It’s awesome. It solved so many of those underwear problems that we face. Fancy underwear for special occasions only.

On 10/2/2018 at 7:09 AM, SilverBeach said:

Some people have depressed immune systems, and it is no laughing matter.

Yeah. It drives me crazy when people go in public with nasty cold or whatever because I have asthma and a simple cold can send me to the hospital. 

I don't think I'm crazy about germs- I don't mind getting dirty - but some people scoff at me when I express concern that they're ill and hacking everywhere. They think I'm being a silly jerk. 

On 10/2/2018 at 5:44 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

Josiah makes me feel awkward.  He seems so . . . fake? Forced?  Disingenuous?  I can't quite put my finger on it, but it was difficult to watch for me. Kind of like he was saying the things that he thought were expected of him.  Lauren seemed a bit like this, as well.  For their sakes, I hope that this was just awkwardness on camera.   

That's exactly how I feel. Nothing seems spontaneous. Often prompted by Lauren or he says something only after she does. It seems forced. 

I wonder if that's simply because he barely really knows her. 

On 10/3/2018 at 2:39 AM, kiwi said:

Nobody has mentioned the two ladies (a couple?) at the birth class...

I noticed!!!

On 10/3/2018 at 8:58 AM, TZmom said:

They looked like a mother-daughter pair to me. But the daughter looked quite young. Maybe she was a scandalous unwed teen Mom. ?

I had a young mom in my birth class, maybe 15 or 16. She didn't talk to anyone and she had come with her mom but she sat in the back and cried the whole time with her mom just bitching at her. I wanted to hug her I felt bad.

On 10/3/2018 at 1:16 PM, Ilovebrownies said:

Seriously... she looks fine.  I don't like michelle either but that no reason to be body shaming women. After you have just one baby things just look different and the pressure to "bounce back" is ridiculous, don't encourage it.

On 10/3/2018 at 12:16 PM, Ilovebrownies said:

Picture cropped because it doesn't need to be posted again.

What the fuck did I just see?  A pic of a woman in her early 50's who has had 19 kids posted with the sole purpose of shaming her breasts?  

I have a million issues with J'Chelle - her body isn't one of them - why do you think it's okay to have standards of perfection for stranger's bodies?

And not that it matters but she looks fine.  

On 10/3/2018 at 11:33 AM, Irishy said:

This was the first time we’ve had a good look at the howlers in years. But no Jackson. Makes me wonder why. I always thought he had some degree of learning difficulty and possibly behavioural. I wonder how the child training plus puberty affects a child like him. I hope he isn’t being deliberately kept off camera. Poor kid. 

Just a reminder of the guidelines:

Please do not internet armchair diagnose children from pictures.   Most of these kids have no control over anything in their environment and no say in whether their lives are up for public consumption.   The last thing they need is to google themselves down the road and find out a bunch of strangers on the internet think they were on the autism spectrum or some other random diagnosis.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived