IGNORED

Lori Alexander 54: Embracing the Manosphere

8 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

On an anecdotal level, I met woman after woman sitting in the cancer center with a parent, sibling, grandparent, etc...who had to leave their job or scale back work to part time hours in order to care for their loved one. And for most of us, who are not exactly young, returning to the the workforce may be difficult or impossible. 

I just got back from seeing my mom at assisted living -she and my dad moved there in Jan when they both got very ill at once, and could no longer live alone.  I cleaned out their house alone, saw them every day, continued to work one of my two jobs, care for my grandson whose mother is deployed, and my other job (writing books) went to pot.  I lost money.    My dad passed and I'm starting to get some life back but still see her - her health stabilized - several times a week and talk to her every single  day and am waiting on her house to sell, dealing with that.  I've talked to many other, mostly women, out there in the halls and they all have stories of their caretaking.    It is a very under reported, huge issue.   Lori wouldn't know - she's on vacation!

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

I just got back from seeing my mom at assisted living -she and my dad moved there in Jan when they both got very ill at once, and could no longer live alone.  I cleaned out their house alone, saw them every day, continued to work one of my two jobs, care for my grandson whose mother is deployed, and my other job (writing books) went to pot.  I lost money.    My dad passed and I'm starting to get some life back but still see her - her health stabilized - several times a week and talk to her every single  day and am waiting on her house to sell, dealing with that.  I've talked to many other, mostly women, out there in the halls and they all have stories of their caretaking.    It is a very under reported, huge issue.   Lori wouldn't know - she's on vacation!

I've been able to sub about 3.5 days a week on average since my dad passed three years ago. But for the three years he was sick with cancer, it was more like 4 days a month. He gave me some cash once a week which bought our food, but we were living on a shoe string. 

My mother still needs regular assistance, now. I worked full time doing a long term sub (teacher on maternity leave) for seven weeks at the end of the school year last spring. It was too much because I had to handle her stuff on weekends--which was a strain for my marriage, too--no leisure time together. I also handle most of her financial stuff and deal with a house in another state we are selling on a land contract (three months to go and that is over, THANK GOD!). Not having any business hours free for all of that was not easy. A job that is not teaching (teaching pretty much holds you hostage) might be less stressful on that end. But that is my professional area and getting a job outside of it has been a dead end. 

I did the full time job, caring for TWO ill family members, dealt with an out of control teen, a kid in a warzone and a kid in prison. 

Fuck that cunt. I worked to ESCAPE the stress at home. And no, I didn't get paid for providing care to the spouse and the mother. 

To all the people who think Lori speaks for god, to all those who defend her and want to be like her, to all of those who think and believe as she does...there is no way I would want to end up in "heaven" with the rest of you.  I can't think of a worse punishment except to say that it would be my version of hell.

Save me a place by the fire!  Save me a place near people of love, compassion, open-mindedness, empathy and tolerance.  That's my version of heaven. 

16 minutes ago, Carol said:

To all the people who think Lori speaks for god, to all those who defend her and want to be like her, to all of those who think and believe as she does...there is no way I would want to end up in "heaven" with the rest of you.  I can't think of a worse punishment except to say that it would be my version of hell.

Save me a place by the fire!  Save me a place near people of love, compassion, open-mindedness, empathy and tolerance.  That's my version of heaven. 

I think there's a special place for people who beat people with the Bible while ignoring the meaning of what Jesus actually taught. And it's not where they think it is.

Ed has got to be a troll. 

Ed Wolf Satan is very clever at getting us to believe the opposite of what is true. For example, my wife wants to work outside the home, because she thinks we'll be able to afford nice things like fancy cars and the "Premium" brand of Saltines. However, I have had to say many times that we are just fine with the store brand Saltines. Yes, their salt per cracker ratio might not be what the wealthy neighbors down the street can afford, but the taste of God's truth is that much more savory.

1 hour ago, FloraBama said:

What a loving, meek and gentle reply ?

B3413CF5-E0F3-4705-9670-CAD50A2ACEE5.png

Lori cared more about not dragging her lazy ass to work than the good of her (at the time future) children when she poked a hole in her diaphragm.  It's very sad.  

1 hour ago, FloraBama said:

What a loving, meek and gentle reply ?

B3413CF5-E0F3-4705-9670-CAD50A2ACEE5.png

And Shirley's retort:

Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that the only correct way to do things in life was the way YOU think they should be done. For someone who supposedly follows gods principles you sure are a judgemental piece of work. And my son's happiness is none of your concern.

:clap:

Go Shirley! 

Ed, we will pray that your wife will see the error of her ways and follow your wisdom in saving money by eating only generic crackers.  She needs to be more submissive in the cracker purchasing decision-making, as thou art the man of wisdom and knoweth what is best for that foolish woman.  

Ed's trolling is amazing. 

We need a pool on who will be banned next.  My money is on Shirley, then Celeste.

1 minute ago, wallysmommy said:

Go Shirley! 

Ed, we will pray that your wife will see the error of her ways and follow your wisdom in saving money by eating only generic crackers.  She needs to be more submissive in the cracker purchasing decision-making, as thou art the man of wisdom and knoweth what is best for that foolish woman.  

Ed's trolling is amazing. 

We need a pool on who will be banned next.  My money is on Shirley, then Celeste.

Too late, I think she's already gone. I went back to see if Lori had responded to her again, and I can't find a shred of evidence for Shirley's existence on Lori's page.  I think Ed will likely be among the next to go, though, now that we've called him a troll. We know Lori reads here. :my_biggrin:

Lori Alexander:

(I love Jesus and I don’t drink alcohol. 

Also Lori :obscene-drinkingbuddies:Alexander:

I do enjoy obeying the verse about having a little wine for your frequent ailments...:)!

the Holy Spirit or Scripture has never convicted me about drinking wine!

Paul does say to drink a little wine for your many ailments and I have had lots of ailments!

I believe Christians who say drinking is a sin are making up their own rules. 

My family knows how to have a good time!  Alisa makes the best margaritas...Fresh lime juice, stevia, and whatever alcohol goes into a margarita.  They are so good! 

When we go out for dinner or have a nice dinner at home, we love to have a glass of wine. It makes the food taste so good and it is fun! 

Their Sangria is AMAZING!!!  

And Lori?  You totally don't love Jesus.  You love LORI!

Also, comparing yourself to another woman (and making sure you come out on top every time) is trashy.  So stop being trashy.  You're welcome.

Lori Alexander:

I love Jesus and I don’t cuss because God doesn’t want any unwholesome words to come out of our mouths.

But you quote people who cuss.  And you read their blogs (despite Ken's insistence that you're "practically puritanical").  Don't remember?  Here's a screen shot of you quoting a man calling women bitches.  

bi.thumb.PNG.ab2db4080c48c77dde80e425b8e08dda.PNG

Yeah, you bleeped it out, but everyone knew what he was saying.  And honestly?  The things you say to others (like today's post where you called the blogger a "Christian") is a lot more unwholesome than a random cuss word.  The things you say are flat out vile.

Here's the link- http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-truth-about-men.html

Just in case Honest Lori wants to delete the evidence. ?

Lori Alexander:

We must always keep eternity in our vision even if it means others say evil things about us.

YOU wrote a post about HER!  In this very reply you are a responding to a man who called her a child of Satan!

And your pathetic husband asking people to agree to disagree?  Yeah, I don't see YOU agreeing to disagree.L.PNG.f1393b34372f56d3581ec2b7b98a5774.PNG

Lady, are you kidding me?  We've already established that you LOVE to obey the verse about drinking alcohol, and you've freely admitted to watching soap operas with your 5 year old daughter.  Who on earth are you to admonish anyone?!?

2 hours ago, Carol said:

I got you boo!  I'll save you a horn and a seat in Valhalla, that's where I'm headed! :dance:

Maybe "Christian" Lori should reflect on this verse:

John 13:35

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Just now, Koala said:

Maybe "Christian" Lori should reflect on this verse:

John 13:35

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

I'd like to up vote this about 1000 times. 

This makes me nauseous just looking at it. Also the word "slather" is highly over used by Lori. She needs to bust out a thesaurus, and expand her vocabulary. 

Screenshot_20180831-153545.png

1 hour ago, Momto2Princesses said:

This makes me nauseous just looking at it. Also the word "slather" is highly over used by Lori. She needs to bust out a thesaurus, and expand her vocabulary. 

Good grief, did she pour enough maple syrup on that? Excuse me...organic, extremely overpriced maple syrup? ?

And go a bit easier on the slathering, Lori. Gluttony and greed are SINS. 

Just wondering whose Facebook page this is. Four replies and not one from the all judging Lori. Prudent has some great ideas. Not to mention her writing style is much nicer.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180831-181638.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180831-181701.png

37 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Oh sure just pack up and MOVE. It's just so easy don't you know. 

That was not one of the good ideas. 

4 hours ago, Momto2Princesses said:

Just wondering whose Facebook page this is. Four replies and not one from the all judging Lori. Prudent has some great ideas. Not to mention her writing style is much nicer.

Hide contents

Screenshot_20180831-181638.png

Hide contents

Screenshot_20180831-181701.png

Suzanne Chanis. She also had a page titled “Blueberry Cottage”. Overall she’s better but I’ve seen some snarky responses as well. Also, when Ken appeared on 2.0 a few weeks ago, she liked his comments and also made an appearance. I think she would like some of the attention Lori gets- she’s a frequent visitor to the FB and IG pages. Something about her raises red flags. I could be wrong but thus far, my gut has always been right. 

Her post today going after Rachel Hollis, a popular author (jealous much Lori?) really pissed me off.

I have been going through a season of my life that has forced me to re-evaluate everything I know about my faith, my calling (yes, an evil one OUTSIDE of the home), my marriage and my parenting. It has been a really painful time and someone who cares about me recommended her book, Girl Wash Your Face.

I read it and felt immediately uplifted, encouraged and inspired to start making changes that will make my life better.

Something I cannot say about reading ANYTHING that Lori has written. Ever.

9 hours ago, Momto2Princesses said:

I honestly thought that was grilled cheese for a second. Thought it looked delicious for a second, too, but gosh that's a recipe for a stomach ache.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived