IGNORED

Lori Alexander 54: Embracing the Manosphere

I have really nothing against the French toast lol. I think that's the first time I didn't have anything against what she's posted. Although, for some reason it kinda bothers me that the slices aren't square. But that's just a weird quirk

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I originally thought that was a grilled cheese floating in butter and was very grossed out.  Then I read it was french toast and it made more sense.  I'm not a huge fan of sourdough bread so the thought of using it for EVERYTHING kind of nauseates me a little bit.

I have come to hate the word slather.

That is an awful lot of maple syrup on that french toast. If Lori was a normal person, I wouldn't say anything, but doesn't she say that sugar is poison?

I have some bad news for her about what maple syrup is....

It's her 60th birthday today.  She said that she's not upset about growing older.  I actually believe her, since she likes to say that older women are supposed to teach younger ones.  In her mind, this gives her the justification to be a know-it-all bitch and judge / condemn / tell others how to live their lives, and rationalize it through the distortion of that one verse in the bible.

That's actually not a healthy meal for someone who has to be carb & blood sugar mindful. The syrup is better for you than refined white sugar, but it still has a negative effect on sugar levels. 

6 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

It's her 60th birthday today.  She said that she's not upset about growing older.  I actually believe her, since she likes to say that older women are supposed to teach younger ones.  In her mind, this gives her the justification to be a know-it-all bitch and judge / condemn / tell others how to live their lives, and rationalize it through the distortion of that one verse in the bible.

I turned 60 earlier this year, so that makes me older than Lori. That means I can teach her, right? :my_biggrin:  I'd love to teach her about being less bitchy and judgmental. Not to mention less jealous of every other Christian woman blogger on teh internetz. Or, as Lori likes to call them, "Christian." :my_dodgy:

55 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

I don't think she is okay with it entirely. She colors her hair so the whole loving her gray hair thing is another Lori lie. And the amount of time and money she spends on creams and make up would imply that she's not that okay with wrinkles. And I think a lot of her obsessive complaining about what young women wear is rooted in envy of their youthful bodies. 

As to the french toast, that looks disgusting. But I can't stand syrup on anything. I blame my mother who would put that much syrup on it and did put that much on mine when I was too young to do it myself. As to the sugar content, SiL likes to preach about sugar being poison. But in her mind only refined sugar, corn syrup and sugars in fruits are bad. Maple syrup, honey, etc...are fantastic. I feel like a lot of these food police are drowning in ignorance on account of getting their information from really bad sources. 

"I am not a 'seeker friendly' blog."

Well, that's an understatement. And, those with unteachable hearts are labeled Jezebels.

Other translation is, "I am better than those other blog writers."

Screenshot 2018-09-01 at 8.33.46 AM.png

I’m finishing up “Girl, Wash Your Face” now and I have enjoyed it. I like Rachel and her message. I relate to those who are open with their struggles and challenges- because it helps me see that I’m not alone. I was “convicted” several times through her book. I’ve come to the realization that I somehow turned off the “dream” part of myself in the name of practicality and the idea that dreams aren’t for everyone. I don’t know when or how exactly it happened- but I do know that the little girl who used to soar on the backyard swing set, the teen that would talk openly with friends about our hopes and dreams, the young woman who would dream with her husband about our life together- has been hidden so deep inside me that I don’t even know how to find her. The worst part? My new tendency to “be realistic”. 

I also don’t buy into the thinking of Lori and her subhuman fans that we have to constantly rebuke and judge people, tell them what they are wrong about, or “speak truth” to them. We should walk with people and hold space for them. I can pray with them and for them, and leave the rest to God. For Lori and her followers there is such an attitude of self righteousness. 

She might not be seeker friendly but she certainly is asshole friendly. That and she actually has to pay and write super controversial things to get lots of views. So no lol not really seeker friendly at all. 

Does she lie in bed at night and ponder in the wee morning hours what chastisement or self-aggrandizing post she's going to make the next day.  I can hear her mental conversation now.  "I'll show them how Godly I am and how sinful they are."  She has to practice and plan out those doodles -- hour after hour, getting the letters and words just right.  A couple of times I made my own like hers and posted them and I couldn't make my sentences fit neatly on the page.  I guess if you have no friends, no hobbies except Einkorn bread making and reading Titus 2:3-5, you have lots of time to practice writing your alphabet.  Here's your birthday present, Lori -- some piss and vinegar for your sour personality.

Well, at least today's post was about something different instead of:

Stay home and live in poverty.

Submit to your husband.

Yoga pants

Give your husband sex.

Women be silent in church.

I did discover I share a birthday with Lori though. Ugh.  Happy 48 to me.

That French toast picture made my stomach flip.  And I actually like French toast. (When I buy french toast sticks as the supermarket, I get the store brand, and they taste just like Burger King.)

Maybe that's why she's obsessed with virginity -- Virgo, the virgin.  The evil astrology!  Today's horoscope:  "You're especially in tune with the environment and the people around you today, Virgo. Such sensitivity is new to you, and you aren't exactly sure what to do with the myriad messages that come into your head, seemingly out of nowhere. Even though this is outside your usual experience, try to accept rather than analyze."

I can go with the myriad of messages that come into her head, seemingly out of nowhere.  That's her every day.  

2 hours ago, KatBonD said:

Well, that's an understatement. And, those with unteachable hearts are labeled Jezebels.

If anything, all Christian blogs should be seeker friendly. Does she really want to draw women away from Christianity? Because this legalistic view is horrible and not going to help her minister to anyone who isn't Christian or looking into Christianity. Lori doesn't seem to get that her "ministry" isn't ministering to anyone but people as narrow minded and hateful as herself, not helping people grow faith or do what an actual ministry is doing. What she's doing isn't helping anyone, it's just her screaming into the void that is the internet. Really, Lori? Be more kind, compassionate, and yes, seeker friendly. Otherwise, you're just going to draw people away, and people will be able to point at you and say that Christians are hateful and hypocritical, not the joyful, kind and caring people they should be.

17 minutes ago, CatholicLite said:

If anything, all Christian blogs should be seeker friendly. Does she really want to draw women away from Christianity? Because this legalistic view is horrible and not going to help her minister to anyone who isn't Christian or looking into Christianity. Lori doesn't seem to get that her "ministry" isn't ministering to anyone but people as narrow minded and hateful as herself, not helping people grow faith or do what an actual ministry is doing. What she's doing isn't helping anyone, it's just her screaming into the void that is the internet. Really, Lori? Be more kind, compassionate, and yes, seeker friendly. Otherwise, you're just going to draw people away, and people will be able to point at you and say that Christians are hateful and hypocritical, not the joyful, kind and caring people they should be.

I told Ken once (for the purposes of discussion assuming that the Christian god is real, and the Bible is true) that they were turning people away from the god they claim to believe in, and asked him how it felt to have the blood of innocent souls on their hands.  Of course, he didn't bother answering the question. 

503253956_ScreenShot2018-09-01at11_18_33AM.png.dbea0320ec6a597fb080883efad31de6.pngHere is the part she forgot to add.

Then I take those soft, teachable hearts and stab them with my two edged sword, tearing out their very soul and making them into mini-me's.  They will hate as I hate, destroy as I destroy and revere no one but me.

A few thoughts on today's blog post. It seems obvious that Lori is being incredibly self-congratulatory just for having a birthday. She tries to distract from this by talking about her mother and Jeramiah Thomas but it comes across more as, I'm alive and you aren't. She doesn't honor these people. They are seen from the perspective of how they relate to Lori.

We also have to listen to her whine about how ill she's been in her life. Get in line, bitch. Personally, I don't use my multitude of illnesses as leverage for attention. I hate to be thought of as ill and do what I can to keep my life normal. It's terribly self serving to keep trotting out illnesses and reminding people how you suffer.

And lastly, 60 is not that old. Lori has this vision of herself as the wise old matriarch. She just doesn't have that many years under her belt yet. Not to mention that it makes zero difference how many years you've counted on this earth. What matters is what you've done with your time here. All we've seen seen from Lori is ignorance, intolerance, and hate. She could take a few lessons in kindness and altruism from my 22 year old.

Eta: Happy Bithday @Free Jana Duggar!! I hope you have a great day:)

Ken's comment to her bullshit:

Ken says:

September 1, 2018 at 7:40 am

Excellent my gorgeous doll! There is no one I would rather be growing old with than you. You have truly become the love of my life and I love your life in mine and your wonderful ministry trying to share how to have true love and intimacy doing marriage and family God’s ways! Happy Birthday! And may the God give us many more birthdays together as He continues to heal you and keeps you and me strong in the Lord.

Become? Umm...I knew within 2 months of dating Mr. Xtian that he was the love of my life...like LONG before we got married. 

"true love and intimacy doing..." Neither one of these two would know true intimacy if it bit them in the ass. Lori has said over and over she sees marriage as a transaction, not a relationship. 

God they're so full of shit. 

@SuperNova But she might have the same birthday as Nancy Leigh DeMoss!!!! How much you wanna bet she linked Nancy's blog post with hopes that she would see a ping back and head on over to wish Lori a happy b-day? 

While I am all about celebrating a person's b-day, every day is about Lori day, so her birthday is nothing new.

4 hours ago, KatBonD said:

I'm pretty agnostic these days, but I've retained enough Bible knowledge to know that this is complete and utter BS. Jesus met tax collectors, thieves, criminals and prostitutes exactly where they were in life. He did not demand that they meet some nearly unattainable state of perfection in their lives before he'd condescend to teach them. No. He showed them love and acceptance wherever they were in life *at that moment*. 

Wow sour grapes much??!

Spoiler

20180901_165349.png

On the other hand Lori always leaves a bad taste in my mouth and a nauseous stomach. Not to mention posting and linking the most outrageous things just for attention. She is nothing but an attention whore. 

Lori, first, happy birthday and now that's out of the way, just because you THINK something doesn't make it true or accurate. That's the height of narcissism to believe your thoughts = facts.

Judges were leaders, this is a fact discussed in many biblical commentaries. The single verse about women and children ruling does not apply to judges because not only was Isaiah 3 in a totally different time period, the entire passage is essentially about unfit people taking charge. In verse 16 it talks about haughty, self-centered women. So the judgement is not so much women ruling but specifically: haughty, childish (hence children ruling), weak, incapable rulers wether it be men or women. I think this is proven by the fact that the vast majority of corrupt leaders were kings not queens.

Now I'm certainly not an expert but I feel like I'm making a pretty educated statement. It does remind me of the time where she stated that Jezebel (from revelations) was the only female pastor mentioned and she's corrupt, so all women pastors are corrupt. However, a quick look shows no translation calling her a pastor. This symbolic women is referred to as a prophetess. The Bible positively references prophetesses several times. Boom! Lori logic explodes. Seriously Ken do you proof read this stuff? Your have a seminary degree right? 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.aaed151feba1a461f5f57b90077ec571.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e0b4e11e63d69eadcd96ce9cbf958837.png

Mr. Dress and I are back from our beach vacation.  I can truthfully say that while I saw 1 piece suits on nearly every woman  (toddler to great grandmother), several modest-ish 2 pieces, some tankini tops with board shorts, and even 3-4 bikinis (but not extreme) -- I didn't see One  Single. Thong.  Not even on women who had the figures for them. 

So either thongs are a San Diego-only thing or Lori saw one throng one time and is lying that they are everywhere (my vote).

If (big if) there ever was a shapely young girl in a thong, I'm sure Ken looked.  Some guys do, and I have a feeling Ken is a breast and booty guy. And while Lori is thrilled to be flat-chested (and restricts her food intake to stay that way) Kenny might like a little more padding. He tries so so hard in his posts to convince everyone that he's madly in love with Lori and it just rings so so false.

Oh... and slather is like "moist" -- one of the worst sounding words in the English language.

Slather conveys excess and gluttony:  Merriam Webster = "1:  to use or spend in a wasteful or lavish manner : squander. 2 a : to spread thickly or lavishly"   

Maybe Lori is a secret food hedonist    :my_biggrin:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived