IGNORED

Lori Alexander 54: Embracing the Manosphere

Welp, I believe I've zeroed in on why The Godly Mentor hates Rachel Hollis so fervently.

Behold:

wa.thumb.PNG.3e66edfe8d455213c3d67250e5fbce30.PNG

I haven't read the book (and have no clue what it's about), so I'll just let the Amazon reviews speak for themselves:

wa1.thumb.PNG.7d28d49c3a0301546f550724ce30c276.PNG

Link:

https://www.amazon.com/Girl-Wash-Your-Face-Believing-ebook/dp/B072TMB75T/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1535846608&sr=8-1&keywords=girl+wash+your+face+rachel+hollis

Of course the same can be said for Lori's book.  The reviews kind of speak for themselves:

wa2.thumb.PNG.493a94c5e0e45b55418dcdf1d0034e5f.PNG

Link:

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Transformed-Wife-Lori-Alexander/dp/099816870X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1535847025&sr=8-1&keywords=the+power+of+a+transformed+wife

In other words- It's jealousy.  She's livid, because Rachel has what she wants (attention), and all she has is a bunch of whiny MRAs.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/31/2018 at 5:37 AM, EowynW said:

Oh lord. 

IMG_6206.PNG

Where does one even start with this cart load of horse manure? SMDH. 

On 8/31/2018 at 11:06 AM, feministxtian said:

I did the full time job, caring for TWO ill family members, dealt with an out of control teen, a kid in a warzone and a kid in prison. 

Fuck that cunt. I worked to ESCAPE the stress at home. And no, I didn't get paid for providing care to the spouse and the mother. 

My parents/now just mother live 65 miles away. That distance meant that getting my dad to an appointment was at least a four hour day. Chemo was all day--2.5 hours for driving both ways, three hours for chemo, plus getting him there and home again. That made a full time job impossible. 

7 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Eta: Happy Bithday @Free Jana Duggar!! I hope you have a great day:)

Thank you. It was a good one.

I also realized I share a birthday with Dr. Phil.  He's cool, but sharing one with Lori, blech.

Do people, especially males, realize how condescending and idiotic this sounds? I mean really? It's like "whelp there ain't no manly man around to be a leader so we we'll just settle for one of that them there women folk". 

Although to put it another way, apparently the male population of Israel had just become so shitty that God decided it was a good idea to shake things up a bit. So in a way whenever guys say this, especially in regards to modern times, they're acknowledging their shittiness.

So men,y'all better hop of Lori's page and start improving yourselves because apparently God's raising females up because y'all are just too awful to let be leaders. 

image.png

Except, it never says in the Bible that Deborah was a default leader. In fact, it never says in the Bible that God was the least bit upset with things regarding her as leader.  If there's a Bible verse that says that and I've just forgotten, I wish someone would post it.  Somewhere.  I'm pretty sure if that bunch had it, they would spew it out endlessly.  So I'm thinking...doesn't exist, except in their eisegesis.

*sigh*

Lori Alexander:

If you are getting wrinkles and gray hair, be thankful. Our culture worships youth but I sure don’t.

I don’t mind my gray hair and wrinkles. I am happy to have them!

Also, Lori Alexander:

I am getting old. I have gray hair that I have to dye every three weeks.

I have gray hair {Thank you hair color!}

That is one of MANY references to Lori dying her hair.  Ken dyes his as well, I believe.  She has mentioned this as recently as March of this year, in her Youtube cleaning tutorial (min. 10:09):

My skin isn't looking so good anymore. My best friend was out here recently and she described her skin as looking like crepe paper. I agreed. Ugh...

I've been through a lot physically and this, along with my age, is showing. I'm not thrilled about taking pictures of myself anymore. 

The key to taking pictures at my age is to not take pictures too close, up higher, and try to make them a bit fuzzy; not that I'm prideful or anything! 

My wrinkles don't show nearly as badly when I smile!

Leaving this here, since the Lying Mentor tends to lie.

On 9/1/2018 at 1:52 AM, Curious said:

I have come to hate the word slather.

YES! Lori, you can just say french toast with syrup and butter. We know it has to get on the food somehow. She has made slather sound nasty. Even using the word spread would be better. Even her language is gross. Makes my skin crawl.

Maybe Ken and Lori use the word “slather” in their kinky sex games, and Lori using it in IG, is a signal for Ken to get the lube out.  (Ugh I need brain bleach in bulk). 

I look at the French toast pic and wonder how she justifies eating that when she only allows herself 4 chips, 4 bites of chocolate, big salads, and disgusting soups. 

3 hours ago, freealljs said:

I look at the French toast pic and wonder how she justifies eating that when she only allows herself 4 chips, 4 bites of chocolate, big salads, and disgusting soups. 

No kidding. I'm sure it's just a treat but Lori tries to make it sound like a healthy choice because she used her stupid bread. She attributes magical powers to the almighty Einkorn sourdough. 

Btw, she only had 4 b-day wishes on her post, one was Ken. She wanted attention and didn't get much of it.

thetransformedwife My husband bought this dress for me yesterday for my birthday after our pastor’s wife told us there was a great sale on a store nearby. I tried in on and asked Ken if he liked it and he did! It was only $22! I told him I like to wear dresses this long because I feel much more modest and feminine when I sit down. I said that for now on, I only would like to buy dresses this length and he agreed!

My takeaway:

1. Ken spent $22 on her birthday present.

2. Lori is turning 60 and still thinks men are ogling her and she needs to cover up.

Should we include Lori in this? She post daily, has a household to run, and doesn’t seem to get much sleep. Based on her writings she doesn’t spend much time reading the Bible either.8DE763E1-056F-4633-BCC4-AD94AAC691C0.thumb.png.945cb7bdacdd1f7bf7f247b6f1bc3070.png

Mandi Sea -- the triple heart fan girl on every post.  Wait until the Godly Mentor tells you your facial piercings are wicked.  Makes me wonder why she hasn't rabidly gone after piercings like she does debt, tattoos and virginity.  Maybe she has a secret piercing -- or maybe Ken has a super special one.  

Okay, that dress is only just below the knee. The post made it sound like it's a maxi dress. 

And is this new love of just below the knee dresses going to be like when she decided to stop wearing pants? Because that lasted approximately 15 minutes. 

I've gotta be bitchy for a second: my mom is 11 years Lori's senior, worked & played out in the sun her whole life, smokes, & her skin doesn't look half as rough. I know it's BEC but damn Lori, what exactly have you been doing?? 

11 hours ago, polecat said:

Does Lori not realize that most hair dyes contain "toxic chemicals"?

lol. I wondered about this. She probably ignores whatever is in the chemicals of the dye she uses.

On 8/31/2018 at 11:12 AM, delphinium65 said:

Lori cared more about not dragging her lazy ass to work than the good of her (at the time future) children when she poked a hole in her diaphragm.  It's very sad.  

I agree with this. Lori just didn't want to work.  If she wanted to be the type of hardworking SAHM who did nice things with her kids and had no housekeeper/nanny- that would have been fine. Lori had a nanny helping around the house and she admitted she didn't do much homeschooling during the period she homeschooled her sons. I've said this before--some of the other fundie SAHMs who have been discussed on FJ are hardworkers compared to Lazy Lori. 

53 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I've gotta be bitchy for a second: my mom is 11 years Lori's senior, worked & played out in the sun her whole life, smokes, & her skin doesn't look half as rough. I know it's BEC but damn Lori, what exactly have you been doing?? 

I've thought similar things about how my mom looks compared to Lori. My mom will be 68 in a few weeks. She has very few wrinkles and my mom was good about wearing sunscreen when she needed to be out in the sun.  I think the ugliness inside Lori has played a part in her premature aging and also combined with her being against sunscreen.

2 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

lol. I wondered about this. She probably ignores whatever is in the chemicals of the dye she uses.

She said once that she uses some sort of special dye that does not have "toxic chemicals." She had a link to it in her old blog. 

4 hours ago, Hisey said:

She said once that she uses some sort of special dye that does not have "toxic chemicals." She had a link to it in her old blog. 

There are "natural" hairs dyes based on henna with the color range pretty much limited to a few shades of brown. This dye isn't lasting, wich would explain why she's dyeing every 3 weeks. Because I can't imagine dyeing my hair every 3 weeks with a standart lasting hair dye and have halfway healthy soft hair on my head.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived