IGNORED

JinJer and Felicity 43: No Homebirth, No Problem

Georgiana

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! Yes! Yes! Derick (and Jill) is earnest and transparent. You know what he is up too. That’s far preferable to a two faced Sham of guy like Jeremy. .

And ofcourse he blocked me on Twitter. Just as I was warming up on calling him out. Bastard. 

Oh apparently it’s his birthday today. I hope I made his day haha. 

Yep, Jeremy is every bit as awful as Derick has ever thought of being if not worse. Derick presents his hatred like a petulant child whining on twitter and his public image is sloppy. But Jeremy has a much more polished image and he presents his hatred in a fancier wrapped package...it's not right in people's faces like the shit bombs D drops... with Jer people have to find the package, read the fluff on the tag, get the big bow off, regard it, unwrap it, remark about the nice looking tissue paper inside...and then we find the turd at the heart of it.

It's the same shit only while D is smearing it all over the walls and making a mess we have Jeremy keeping his in pretty bottles, trying to age and refine it, will call it vintage and will pour it out to guests at a fancy dinner party.

I feel like this is the right place to document the fact Jeremy still has Jinger's Air Jordans (Nike, gasp gasp) up on his Instagram. I suspect that will have to change given this public hateful stance of his nonsense. All I can hope is that John Rich at some point takes issue with Jeremy and his socks, going off on another bizarre and wonderful twitter rant about accessories that have nothing to do with the actual issue.

Spoiler

Screen_Shot_2018-09-05_at_2_03.41_PM.thumb.png.90cb33dd17be42150292934b51655a89.png

I don't know whether I think Derick or Jeremy is worse; it's like Derick is a guy running around hitting people on the kneecaps with a baseball bat, and then Jeremy is the guy going "why are you all complaining about being hit on the knees with a bat? There's no such thing as KNEECAPS."

Ok so I'm not Christian anymore. But when I was, I was concerned with social justice and didn't just, you know, deny that social justice issues existed. What's the deal? What kind of Christianity puts its head in the sand to talk about 'the gospel' but doesn't address the world you live in?

This is shortsighted. I would predict it will drive more young, socially active, passionate Christians from the church (shit like it pushed me to leave). I also wonder what relevant magazine will be saying about it in 3,2,1....

ETA this commentary:

https://pulpitandpen.org/2018/09/04/a-line-in-the-sand-the-dallas-statement-on-social-justice/

And this:

Www.deliveredbygrace.com/why-i-signed-the-statement-on-social-justice-and-the-gospel/

40 minutes ago, sleepy_doggos said:

Ok so I'm not Christian anymore. But when I was, I was concerned with social justice and didn't just, you know, deny that social justice issues existed. What's the deal? What kind of Christianity puts its head in the sand to talk about 'the gospel' but doesn't address the world you live in?

This is shortsighted. I would predict it will drive more young, socially active, passionate Christians from the church (shit like it pushed me to leave). I also wonder what relevant magazine will be saying about it in 3,2,1....

ETA this commentary:

https://pulpitandpen.org/2018/09/04/a-line-in-the-sand-the-dallas-statement-on-social-justice/

And this:

Www.deliveredbygrace.com/why-i-signed-the-statement-on-social-justice-and-the-gospel/

The sects obsessed with end times and that subscribe to dispensationalism tend toward ignoring or being outrightly hostile to social justice. Here's a piece on dispensationalism published on the website of a baptist church which specifically points out that social justice/social gospel movements are wrong: 

http://fbctroy.org/wp-content/uploads/Why-Dispensationalism.pdf

1 hour ago, sleepy_doggos said:

This is fascinating, if true: "...we revealed that Dr. Albert Mohler had been forbidding Southern Baptist Theological Seminary faculty from signing the forthcoming document."

Mohler and SBTS aren't exactly bastions of liberalism. Sincerely glad to see them take a stand against this statement. (LOL that this article calls Mohler and Russell Moore "influential leaders in the Social Gospel movement.)

I have a lot of problems with the Catholic church (I am no longer Catholic or even Christian because of it) BUT one good thing about going to a Catholic high school and college: Social justice! You can be an obnoxiously devout Catholic and still believe in social justice. Always strange to me that someone can look at problems in the world that have historical context and just . . . refuse to acknowledge they exist? Like you can still mix the Bible with social justice issues (at least some of them) and address them. 

Religions can suck but have some redeeming qualities. What redeeming qualities does IFB have? And I mean *truly* have . . . less divorce/STDs through oppression is not a redeeming quality! 

2 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I wonder why Jinger didn't sign.  There are plenty of women who did. 

As evidenced in that manifesto about the role of husbands and wives Jeremy does the thinking and acting for both of them as the husband.  Incidentally That was one of the reasons opponents gave for fighting votes for women: they believed the political view of the Wife was  the same as the husband and she would do as he said so why bother when they already had representation? 

The more things change...

I understand the sexuality and feminist position (okay no I don't, it's bull, but I understand why they think it from a religious pov) but the stuff about race? So basically any time a POC complains about racism it's wrong because Jesus? This just shows what racist pieces of shit they really are because there is literally nothing in the Bible to justify racism. Sure, you can find passages about a woman's place and homosexuality being sinful, but there's nothing about race. That comes completely from the age of justifying slavery and Jim Crow. 

I guess Mr. Intellectual doesn't grasp the concept that different people have different experiences. You know, I used to think that racism, while still around, wasn't that bad. I thought that becasue I was white and no one was racist towards me. Than I began an interracial relationship and had people scream slurs at me from their cars. Like, Jeremy, you're so smart you should be able to get a concept that most people stop struggling with by age 6. It's just so funny to me (in the depressing way) how so many white people can't grasp the idea that they need to listen to what POC say about racism, becasue they actually know what they're talking about. 

Jeremy loves reading so much, he should try Letter from a Birmingham Jail by a true Christain and intellectual. It might give him some perspective on why we have things like BLM and anthem protests. He should also try asking his Mexican congregation about racial issues nowadays., but I'm sure he'd rather just hear the sound of his own voice. 

The sects obsessed with end times and that subscribe to dispensationalism tend toward ignoring or being outrightly hostile to social justice. Here's a piece on dispensationalism published on the website of a baptist church which specifically points out that social justice/social gospel movements are wrong: 
http://fbctroy.org/wp-content/uploads/Why-Dispensationalism.pdf

This was very informative. Thank you.

Well Jessa has Probably got Ben doing things her way and she is smart  enough to keep him from Ruining her shiny happy family image she is trying to sell by signing shit like this.  Not that he does not believe it Of course  But Jessa can be scary ;)

I'm very disappointed by Jeremy...not all that surprised, but disappointed. 

I used to think that according to the Bible women are meant to be subservient to men, but a lot of Jesus's ministry included women. In fact the first people he revealed his resurrected self to was women. My pastor pointed out that in that time women weren't allowed to give testimony in court, and if Jesus really worried about proving himself to the people of that time he would have gone to men, but that fact that he went to women first indicated that once again he was elevating the individuals that at that time were considered lesser. My pastor used this to point out that Jesus was putting women on equal footing with men and essentially erasing the gender divide. I am really butchering his sermon. He worded it so much better.

1 minute ago, Firebird said:

I used to think that according to the Bible women are meant to be subservient to men, but a lot of Jesus's ministry included women. In fact the first people he revealed his resurrected self to was women. My pastor pointed out that in that time women weren't allowed to give testimony in court, and if Jesus really worried about proving himself to the people of that time he would have gone to men, but that fact that he went to women first indicated that once again he was elevating the individuals that at that time were considered lesser. My pastor used this to point out that Jesus was putting women on equal footing with men and essentially erasing the gender divide. I am really butchering his sermon. He worded it so much better.

Yes!! When Jesus visits the home of Martha and Mary he tells Martha to stop doing housework! You know, "women's purpose" or such and such. In my opinion, Jesus is not a complementarian or you know, like Paul (women stay silent, etc). It angers me so much that so many Christians completely need rigid boundaries for men and women, mainly having the wife be so subservient she's a doormat. What I take from the NT is so far away from what so many fundies do, it's baffling how they get to this extreme.

A lot of the verses used to justify misogyny are from the New Testament. They're not from Jesus, but they're definitely there. And Jesus did say that everything in the Old Testament was still valid, which is something I really struggled with as a Christian because there is so much misogyny in the Old Testament.

@CatholicLite

Didn't the proverbs 31 woman work outside the home too? The Bible also promotes boundaries. I just read a verse that said Jesus healed many (not all) then he took the evening to himself to pray and recharge. ( I am paraphrasing, but that was the gist of it.) It made me realize that I don't have to do everything for everyone and I can take me time! 

@Rachel333

I don't even want to pretend like I have answers, but I've gone to a Jewish Messianic church that definitely believed that the Old Testament needed to be followed. The current church I go to believes that Jesus's coming fulfilled the Old Testament, and the biggest commandment to follow now is to love. My current pastor states that the most important thing to do is to pray and to listen to God and to follow Him as He directs you. Me personally, I'm not sure...I'm still working on letting go of alot of anger and have had a hard time differentiating between my parent's beliefs that echo alot of the Duggar's and the truth.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived