IGNORED

JinJer and Felicity 43: No Homebirth, No Problem

Georgiana

On 9/7/2018 at 9:51 AM, DillyDally said:

All this makes me wish Ben was more active on social media or we'd learn some details of what he's currently doing workwise. I still have hope he'll turn out to be the most reasonable and least fundie of the Duggar SILs.

That's a low level of achievement 

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, FJismyheadship said:

Screenshot_20180909-083240.png

That baby looks SO much like some  babies in my family ! I am of the firm opinion there are only 5 or 6 basic small baby faces though. 

I always assume people use the mittens when they're too afraid to clip their fingernails. I used them for a few days until I was sure I could get only nail and no skin.

But they're long past a few days so bite the bullet and get over it.

I've said it before and I'll say ot again, Jeremy reminds me so much of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast, and this ass backwards faith statement only reinforces it. Jerston is positively primeval. The only difference is that he uses books in all of his decorating (aside from the antlers from Rufus).

11 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I've said it before and I'll say ot again, Jeremy reminds me so much of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast, and this ass backwards faith statement only reinforces it. Jerston is positively primeval. The only difference is that he uses books in all of his decorating (aside from the antlers from Rufus).

I cannot unsee Bert from Sesame Street. The shape of his dome and his pseudo intellectualism ...slap a vertically striped shirt on Jeremy and he’s Bert!

@TakingBibleClasses Yeah I'm not surprised. Ben did interact and seemed to care about getting rid of racism, but he never seem to understand systemic racism and oppression in general. 

He said he discussed the article in some podcast. I'm trying to decide if I actually care enough to check it out. 

Btw, looks like Ben's working on becoming a biblical theologian and Christian online media personality (based on the podcasts, videos etc.) 

Edited to say: I briefly skimmed through the podcast Ben was recommending and it was some bs about how actually addressing systemic issues is somehow "a poison in the bloodstream of the church" and cultivates "a culture of division" because somehow being Christian exempts you from being problematic. Naturally, a white man is the author of this podcast. 

Idk why I torture myself like this. 

On 9/9/2018 at 9:51 AM, SapphireSlytherin said:

Current theory on the baby mittens - maybe they're trying to keep her from being a thumbsucker?

Not sure that mittens would stop a determined thumb sucker. We used the arms up swaddle and my son would suck on his hands through the fabric* (pic for reference- not my kid, it's from the amazon description). We tried to get him to use a pacifier but he would just spit those suckers right out. He puts himself to sleep every night so I'm not going to try and fight it!  At least he can't lost his thumb in the middle of the night. 

image.png.ebdaaf0a3c7fbdbf7edadc8c17f2ff11.png

I never used the mittens but they're heavily pushed in new mom classes these days (at least the ones I went to). To prevent scratches and thumb sucking. My son did get some scratches as a new born I just didn't think it was a big deal. I could see Jeremy wanting princess voulo to look perfect though 

If Jeremy as a dad is anything like my daughter's father when she was an infant, then I can totally see not wanting Felicity to scratch herself, to keep her wrapped up like a package to keep from "scarring"

Hopefully, just like my daughter's dad did, he will figure out kids are resilient and allow her to play and not worry so much about her getting scratched up or whatever.

They are both also first time parents and could be afraid they are gonna hurt her still lol. They may not have figured out yet just how fragile babies are not.

I can’t even with this. Asshole.

I'm looking through the names.  It amuses me that some couples signed as one name. Like Chad and Nancy Smith. That only counts as one signature. I’m glad these idiots don’t know how these things work and make two people found as one.

Some Highlights:

*AMANDA HUGGINKISS

WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA

*ELISE CRAPUCHETTES

MOSCOW, ID

*ELISHA SHABONG

SHILLONG, MEGHALAYA

*ELMER FUDD

CARTOONLAND, MO

I swear I’m not responsible for this one. I’ll just leave a screenshot and you’ll see what I’m talkonn about 

Spoiler

6B7AA2D3-3EB3-4BC0-88B3-73FDA49AC2F1.thumb.jpeg.f7ca3d052e4d34fed2e8351dc6657dca.jpeg

I’m too lazy to keep looking

There was a Rufus signer, but it got taken down rapid fire when the website was in rapid refresh as they were cutting out fakes. Thing is, I think it was just someone actually named Rufus. Couldn't snag a screenshot (old, old, family desktop). Roy Moore took the time sign it though.

Spoiler

33516585_ScreenShot2018-09-11at2_16_42AM.thumb.png.c1a878de780ee194e7832e2ba16342f0.png

11 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

I never used the mittens but they're heavily pushed in new mom classes these days (at least the ones I went to). To prevent scratches and thumb sucking. My son did get some scratches as a new born I just didn't think it was a big deal. I could see Jeremy wanting princess voulo to look perfect though 

I have mentioned before that we simply ended up cutting our daughter's nails.

She is two days older than Felicity, and used to scratch herself badly with these razor-sharp nails that grow like crazy. 

Cutting them is no big deal (I do it when she sleeps or eats) and there's no scratches nor need to deprive her of her little best friends. Plus, I love holding or touching her adorable little hands. 

I know... I know.. I need to stop repeating myself. It just bothers me thay Felicity is almost always pictured wearing them. I do hope JinJer take them off every now and then. 

What is so wrong about a newborn sucking their hands or thumbs? It's the only way of self-soothing these poor little mites have. 

Everytime I see Jeremy I think of Borat.  All he needs is the moustache. 

15 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

Not sure that mittens would stop a determined thumb sucker. We used the arms up swaddle and my son would suck on his hands through the fabric* (pic for reference- not my kid, it's from the amazon description). We tried to get him to use a pacifier but he would just spit those suckers right out. He puts himself to sleep every night so I'm not going to try and fight it!  At least he can't lost his thumb in the middle of the night. 

image.png.ebdaaf0a3c7fbdbf7edadc8c17f2ff11.png

I know a lot of kids like being swaddled but Miniway would have screamed like we were trying to kill him if we had tried to force him in to something like that. I still can’t get him to wear any cover at all when he sleeps. He needs his freedom to kick his parents in the face while sleeping.

We wanted him to have a dummy because we thought it would be easier to quit. Can’t give your tumb to Santa. He never missed it once he was asleep though so it was easy. We also had a million of them so there was always one close by. It was still hard to get him to give them up. He talks about them longingly sometimes even now.

2 hours ago, SweetJuly said:

Cutting them is no big deal (I do it when she sleeps or eats) and there's no scratches nor need to deprive her of her little best friends. Plus, I love holding or touching her adorable little hands. 

It feels like a big deal when they are so tiny and their fingers and nails even tinier. Mr Way cut away quite a big chunk of Miniway’s finger once when he was a baby. And then he wouldn’t cut nails for years because he felt so bad (on the kid, he did cut his own :pb_lol:). The finger healed fine though and it didn’t leave a scar. 

Small children hurt themselves all the time. The only way to stop them is to lock them up in a mattressed room. Miniway is always covered in bruises and marks because he’s a crazy daredevil that loves to climb things and run around. 

He has one small scar above his eye from running in to a table. All other scratches have healed fine. 

38 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

It feels like a big deal when they are so tiny and their fingers and nails even tinier. Mr Way cut away quite a big chunk of Miniway’s finger once when he was a baby. And then he wouldn’t cut nails for years because he felt so bad (on the kid, he did cut his own :pb_lol:). The finger healed fine though and it didn’t leave a scar.

As I said, LittleJuly is only 8 weeks old today and she is a small, delicate baby, so I am not unfamiliar to how it takes guts to get started ?. My husband first used a file to shorten our daughter's nails, but he ended up having to do it every day because they grow so fast. So I finally decided to get over myself, take out the little scissors my parents had bought when I was born, and caaaaarefully trimmed the nails.

I know it's scary, and I feel for your husband - it is a thought that is in the back of my mind every time I do it! ? - but it's feasible and as a parent JinJer should go the scary route if it means making life better for their little girl. Yes, not every child is the same and some may continue scratching their faces regardless of how short the nails are, but on (almost?) all pictures we've seen of Felicity so far, she is wearing the mittens. So it does look like she's wearing them exceedingly often, if not all the time.

I'm probably making a too big a deal out of this here, but it feels quite symbolic - rather than facing discomfort themselves in order to allow their little one to comfortably and happily navigate an often scary or dangerous world, JinJer choose to physically restrain Felicity and cut her off from it instead.

2 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Everytime I see Jeremy I think of Borat.  All he needs is the moustache. 

Someone on reddit said Sasha Baron Cohen should've pranked the Duggars on his new show and now I need that in my life. 

3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I know a lot of kids like being swaddled but Miniway would have screamed like we were trying to kill him if we had tried to force him in to something like that. I still can’t get him to wear any cover at all when he sleeps.

GryffindorDisappointment hated all the supposed "recommended" baby things:

side-sleeping (this was before the "back to sleep" campaign)

swaddling

hats

the swing

pacifiers (she wasn't a thumbsucker, either, though)

She slept in a crib with bumpers, in nightgowns with LONG drawstrings in the hem, and preferred to sleep on her belly.

I can't even trim my cat's nails, does this mean I'm doomed to keeping future little babies in mittens for eternity? I think it does.

I've put more thought into Jeremy's nonsense since my Mom wants to have me drive her to see her GCC friend. Anyway, while Jeremy didn't personally attack a child, he did just tell a bunch of kids in a charity he publicly supports that their experiences do not matter. I'll weep with you, here learn the violin and I'll ignore that you face different challenges and will have statistically less opportunities than I had.

I wonder what his mother's thoughts on this are, she cares about children who have parents incarcerated enough to start a charity. From hearing her speak she understands the prison and justice systems and the many problems they currently have.

20 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Edited to say: I briefly skimmed through the podcast Ben was recommending and it was some bs about how actually addressing systemic issues is somehow "a poison in the bloodstream of the church" and cultivates "a culture of division" because somehow being Christian exempts you from being problematic. Naturally, a white man is the author of this podcast. 

lolwut is that logic. The systemic issues are the poison in the bloodstream, and addressing them is making an effort to remove the poison. Maybe it won't be very pleasant (ways of getting rid of bad stuff in your body -- be it by vomiting, getting your stomach pumped, getting surgery, getting chemo, drinking charcoal, having explosive diarrhea, etc. rarely are), but it has to be done. 

21 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Anyone who thinks addressing systematic issues in Christian (or any other kind of) churches is problematic only needs to look as far as the current brouhaha in the Catholic Church, or the issues at Willow Creek or any other church with a recent scandal to see why that the opposite should actually be true.

@SamiKatz @nastyhobbitses The lengths they are going to in order to deflect is amazing. They’re purposefully twisting definitions and being vague to make social justice minded people look like heretics. 

They really think none of this stuff applies to them because Jesus. Pretty sure Jesus had some choice words for people who upheld their so-called righteous lifestyle at the expense of others. 

People go “hey, there are some structural issues established long ago that still affect many people negatively. Let’s acknowledge and right to rectify it” and the fundies are like “this is unbiblical mumbo-jumbo, everything is all good, why are you be so divisive?!?!...stop sinning! Kapernick is racist! ‘Murica!!!*

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived