IGNORED

JinJer and Felicity 43: No Homebirth, No Problem

Georgiana

Felicity seems to have baby acne, maybe the mittens are to prevent her from touching her face? idk a lot about babies tbh, so I could be totally wrong.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daughter had terrible eczema but no need for mittens. My son had less baby acne and also never wore mittens. I actually founded they would rub their face obsessively with mittens on.

I think it’s super weird to have them on in your monthly photos. Like, take them off for 5 mins, they don’t even match the outfit.

5 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Felicity seems to have baby acne, maybe the mittens are to prevent her from touching her face? idk a lot about babies tbh, so I could be totally wrong.

One of my kids would really tear at their face when tiny. I don’t recall using baby mittens more than a couple times ( I think I got some as a gift and promptly lost them ) , but did use those fold over hand things on occassion. She also had the worst baby acne at that age of any of them. I never put the two together - but now that you mention it, I wonder if the scratching contributed? 

Jinger has no wedding ring on in the picture Jeremy posted, only an engagement ring. I suspect it’s an old photo. 

It might be an old photo but I had to remove one of my rings this summer because it’s been so hot and my fingers just swelled up and I’m guessing pregnancy can do that too.

On 8/15/2018 at 9:00 AM, SapphireSlytherin said:

Because, historically, I get downvoted a LOT more than any other person on this board. I have strong opinions that are unpopular. lol

You are not the most downvoted person on this board. You are not the most annoying person on this board. You are not the most annoying person in the forum. 

The most annoying thing you’re doing here is complaining, preemptively, about being downvoted, which you do repeatedly and it makes you look paranoid.

You know, your strong opinions might serve you well in other, more interesting areas of FJ. The Duggars are pretty dull in comparison to a lot of our other fundies. Might I suggest Jill Rodrigues. She loves putting massive bows on her newborn.

7 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

You know, your strong opinions might serve you well in other, more interesting areas of FJ. The Duggars are pretty dull in comparison to a lot of our other fundies. Might I suggest Jill Rodrigues. She loves putting massive bows on her newborn.

I have little to no interest in the other forums/fundies. My "thing" is the Duggars. I only know the name "Jill Rodrigues" from seeing it posted here. But thanks. I think?

1. I'm a big Jane Austen/19th century fan (I'm sure you're not surprised). Thus I would be delighted to have/wear a bonnet. I was actually looking at them on Amazon today. I could have used one the other day when I was doing yardwork. I've said for years I was going to buy one, idk why I haven't yet. 

2. How from a picture can someone ascertain that Jinger has PPD? She's barely postpartum enough to even qualify and I see nothing that would support that supposition. She is probably excessively tired...she has a newborn. 

3. Most babies get baby acne. It's the hormones from the mother working their way out of their systems. I supplement by breastfeeding what little breast milk I have with the bottle and my NB had another small outbreak around my first postpartum period last week. Happened with my first too. It's very normal.  

I know a lot of people don't like the Duggar forum much and I totally understand why. I think it's good to encourage folks (especially new members) to explore all of FJ and find what they like.

That said, Duggars are what introduced me to this site and I keep getting drawn back to them. I also love the thread drift here. I feel like people recommend the Rodrigues boards a lot on the Duggar boards (I think I have in the past as well), and I do like to keep up with the basics of that ridiculousness, but Jill just makes me so freaking angry I don't want to spend a lot of time there. Same for Poopistan, but these days that anger is geared as much toward posters as toward NicNaug and fam. It's a weird feeling.

Anyway, I just feel a liiiittle defensive of those of us who are drawn to the Duggar board. It doesn't mean that we don't realize there is more out there. To each their own.

Anyway.....

Could all the baby mittens be a comfort thing? I've never had a baby, but maybe Felicity enjoys them and is less fussy with them on. Just a thought.

I hang here and the Bates thread the most. I often venture to the RV and to Maxhell. I comment some but mostly lurk there because I'm not as familiar/informed on those families as I am with the Bates and Duggars because they're my gateways. I do enjoy the others though. RV's hard to keep up with, however, because those threads move lightning fast. Andersons give me literal nightmares so I dip my toe there only a little. 

I usually stck to the Duggar and JRod threads. Sometimes I post n the reality TV and book threads. I read a bit of Poopstain, but I couldn't handle it. 

I love FJ. These past few months has been a very stressful and uncertain time for me, and I'm glad to have found this place, and glad I decided to start posting. 

I just stick to the duggars moslty, (sometimes the bates) just because of time! I barely have time to keep up with the duggars! (life's a little hectic). I keep hearing about the others, and it sounds super interesting, but I KNOW that's a bad idea.... 

I follow the JRod threads because just when I think she can't get any worse, boom!

I don't feel I know enough about the other families (except the Bates') to follow their threads.  And Lori Alexander infuriates me.  Forget Jessa, Lori is the very epitome of smug.  

The nice thing about the JRod threads is that everyone is basically on the same page regarding her; you don't have fans like you do with the Duggars and Bateses.

Here’s a different one. In quiverfull of snark - gwen shamblin and the remnant fellowship. 19kinds of crazy happening there. 

JillR is good because her crazy changes. She always goes a step beyond. Admittedly that is rage inducing at times. Also interesting.

I certainly can’t quit the Duggars. I still watch the dumb show. So nobody gets any criticism from me for following them. Some posters do seem like they might be interested in other things. Sometimes, we reference stuff and people go “whoa wtf” and run off and read about it.

You’re right @NakedKnees it’s fine to like to be here. Encouragement should be done with that in mind. Lots of posters started here.

And nobody ought to go from here to the Nauglers. I do not endorse that decision. That’s it’s own special thing.

I'm here for the Duggars, and then I got sucked into the Anderson hell hole. I already don't visit this site as often as I should to keep up, so I avoid other areas because I have too much of an addictive personality, lol. 

I came here first to the Duggars and check in quite regularly and the Bateses not so often. Here, I was introduced to the Rods, Maxwells and other strange, but true families. 

I mainly follow the Duggars on here. They are the one family I have been watching for years. I don't watch CO regularly but if I am flipping channels, I'll take a look. 

I also check up on the Wallers every so often. 

I started with the Duggars and then after the scandal moved on to Maxhell, I can’t seem to get away from the boring trainwreck that is the Maxwells. I’m going down the rabbit hole of Jill R and I just have no words yet except STOP with the makeup. It’s not 1985 anymore...

2 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

I started with the Duggars and then after the scandal moved on to Maxhell, I can’t seem to get away from the boring trainwreck that is the Maxwells. I’m going down the rabbit hole of Jill R and I just have no words yet except STOP with the makeup. It’s not 1985 anymore...

I have dabbled in Jill R. a bit..... that couple is a real piece of work. He is so unfortunate looking, she wears way too much make up and their kids looks half starved. Add to that her always wanting "donations".... ugh. 

I've been bummed since DPIART and Vision Forum went up in flames. His shenanigans now are interesting, but not the same.  Raquel (of penis-ferret fame) has become downright dull. Same with Generation Ceder, and Growing Home closed up shop a year ago at least. Basically, all my gateway fundies are either gone or dull. Lori Alexander is still around though, as batshit crazy as always. 

Meh. I don't see what the big deal about baby mittens is. If Felicity is still wearing them as a toddler, then I'll wonder why they're preventing her from learning to use her hands.

Miss Felicity's one month birthday marks a very special occasion. We are currently at one month and four days without a Duggar being publicly pregnant. If we make it to two months perhaps it's time to throw a party? 

I don't know why I don't find the Bates as interesting as the Duggars! I've tried to watch their show and follow their threads, but I don't know. It's just not for me. Admittedly, I think I've just had more Duggar exposure and am more fascinated by (what I consider to be) their higher highs and lower lows.

I love the community parts of FJ. In QfoS, I admit I'm often drawn to the worst of things... Smiths, Willises, Turpins, Tabitha Paine, etc. Zsuzsu Anderson is so evil but eloquent, I have trouble looking away. Shupes and Jeubs are interesting too. I only really got deep into Vision Forum when DPIART started showing up at sexy shows (I watched Return of the Daughters around the same time), but that's been fun/terrifying to learn about.

I'm so curious about what Duggar-watching on FJ will evolve to when the show is no longer on the air, which I'm predicting will be in two or three years, at this rate. Unless Jana gets married and has honeymoon triplets, the show is just going to get more and more boring.

1 hour ago, NakedKnees said:

I don't know why I don't find the Bates as interesting as the Duggars! I've tried to watch their show and follow their threads, but I don't know. It's just not for me. Admittedly, I think I've just had more Duggar exposure and am more fascinated by (what I consider to be) their higher highs and lower lows.

I love the community parts of FJ. In QfoS, I admit I'm often drawn to the worst of things... Smiths, Willises, Turpins, Tabitha Paine, etc. Zsuzsu Anderson is so evil but eloquent, I have trouble looking away. Shupes and Jeubs are interesting too. I only really got deep into Vision Forum when DPIART started showing up at sexy shows (I watched Return of the Daughters around the same time), but that's been fun/terrifying to learn about.

I'm so curious about what Duggar-watching on FJ will evolve to when the show is no longer on the air, which I'm predicting will be in two or three years, at this rate. Unless Jana gets married and has honeymoon triplets, the show is just going to get more and more boring.

I tried watching the Bates and just wasn't into it. Like you, I think its just more exposure for a longer time to the Duggars. 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived