IGNORED

JinJer and Felicity 43: No Homebirth, No Problem

Georgiana

Jinger just posted this picture on Instagram. People are commenting on how tired she looks. Obviously those people have never had a baby. 

Spoiler

2ACC2E4B-39E8-4453-AA72-74E37D0D2383.jpeg.c49f47b378f40ccf637015f2031a7cdc.jpeg

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for her turning off comments. She seems like a sensitive person ( don’t mean that in a bad way, at all ). Jessa is comfortable telling the parenting cops to shove it, Jinger is a different personality. 

I can't imagine having a constant stream of comments (positive and negative) about literally everything I posted. I guess that's part of creating and allowing a public image, but man...I would not have the patience to deal with people that criticize every little thing.

20 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

Jinger just posted this picture on Instagram. People are commenting on how tired she looks. Obviously those people have never had a baby. 

Hide contents

2ACC2E4B-39E8-4453-AA72-74E37D0D2383.jpeg.c49f47b378f40ccf637015f2031a7cdc.jpeg

ooh That baby looks so precious. 

I know it can change from one day to the next with babies, but in that picture I think Felicity strongly resembles Jeremy.

6 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Good for her turning off comments. She seems like a sensitive person ( don’t mean that in a bad way, at all ). Jessa is comfortable telling the parenting cops to shove it, Jinger is a different personality. 

I'm glad she did too. I heard people were criticizing her for putting a headband on her baby. Lots of people I know put headbands on their baby. It seems anytime there is a picture/video of some baby going around there are always sanctimommys there to pick apart every little detail. It's insane. Just the other day I saw a picture of a baby sleeping in a crib. No shortage of sanctimommys there. Apparently the baby was in danger because there were crib bumpers and the mattress was too high (eye roll). People act like babies are in a constant state of danger and every little thing you do or don't do is going to kill them, it's just plain crazy.

44 minutes ago, Fruit_Salad said:

I'm glad she did too. I heard people were criticizing her for putting a headband on her baby. Lots of people I know put headbands on their baby. It seems anytime there is a picture/video of some baby going around there are always sanctimommys there to pick apart every little detail. It's insane. Just the other day I saw a picture of a baby sleeping in a crib. No shortage of sanctimommys there. Apparently the baby was in danger because there were crib bumpers and the mattress was too high (eye roll). People act like babies are in a constant state of danger and every little thing you do or don't do is going to kill them, it's just plain crazy.

Some things I understand, like "yo you didn't strap your kid into the carseat correctly just fyi" (and even then, egregious strapping-in errors, fine, but a fucking treatise about what a horrible baby-killing parent someone is because the chest clip is like half a millimeter below where it ought to be is uncalled for), but the tone is what gets me. Some of these people act like every single thing someone does with their baby in social media pictures is an infanticide attempt. Snuggling with your baby? YOU'LL SMOTHER HER. Baby is wearing a headband for a photoshoot? ALREADY LAYING THE GROUNDWORK FOR PSYCHOLOGICAL TRAUMA I SEE. Baby is lying on a play mat under direct supervision? WHAT IF THE GOBLIN KING COMES AND TAKES HER AWAY???????? YOU ARE SUCH A NEGLECTFUL PARENT. Chill. The. Fuck. Out. 

16 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Some things I understand, like "yo you didn't strap your kid into the carseat correctly just fyi" (and even then, egregious strapping-in errors, fine, but a fucking treatise about what a horrible baby-killing parent someone is because the chest clip is like half a millimeter below where it ought to be is uncalled for), but the tone is what gets me. Some of these people act like every single thing someone does with their baby in social media pictures is an infanticide attempt. Snuggling with your baby? YOU'LL SMOTHER HER. Baby is wearing a headband for a photoshoot? ALREADY LAYING THE GROUNDWORK FOR PSYCHOLOGICAL TRAUMA I SEE. Baby is lying on a play mat under direct supervision? WHAT IF THE GOBLIN KING COMES AND TAKES HER AWAY???????? YOU ARE SUCH A NEGLECTFUL PARENT. Chill. The. Fuck. Out. 

Yes! Some of it is totally unfounded. People on social media def need to calm down when someone isn't parenting exactly the way they would. But still, banning comments completely seems a little off-color for me.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

You said it absolutely perfectly. 

I think Jinger looks so much like Joy in that picture. I thought it was her for a while but then I realized that the baby was too young to be Gideon.

On 8/15/2018 at 2:48 PM, lizzybee said:

I don't have daughters but I've said in the past that I'm in the minority here that I think the bows are cute. From experience with my much younger sister though, I'd say big bows typically don't last longer than just for you to snap a picture if you're lucky. 

As a child of the 80's I had so many bows. There's a professional photo of me with a shoe string bow so big it looked like a neon rainbow colored crown. I have a big ole bow attached in so many pictures. 

I have an acquaintance that hand makes bows for little girls, and I would probably be handing over a good bit of money if I had a daughter because I think they're adorable. They're also pretty understated in comparison to the ones we often discuss here. 

Hide contents

20663935_1935135066728402_8954398675300666193_n.jpg.6d82b4e06536c7bc07889e83c9f65be2.jpg27973551_2015980915310483_2977641790854096559_n.thumb.jpg.0a0dcc226efa93e302558e2315163b9c.jpg28167174_2019672211608020_2683467383068471015_n.thumb.jpg.a2cae357e9740ddf9aac92f3bf9ad304.jpg31514869_2049947001913874_8550445639499408573_n.jpg.6baf2fe388778b96f75c075f7b9d33d5.jpg

Those ones are adorable! I like them. They do serve a purpose though since those kids have hair.

Thanks everyone that answered nicely! I didn’t mean to start a bow-war of any kind. And I realise I might have sounded a bit harsh in my comment and I’m sorry about that! 

I just really dislike overly gendered clothes for kids. I know many people don’t agree with me but it’s a pet peeve of mine. Partly because I have a boy that loves pink and purple and flowers and butterflies and I wish there were more clothes like that that wasn’t so overly girly. (And not because I mind putting a boy in girly clothes, but because I don’t really like pastels, ruffles and bows, and wouldn’t want to put a girl in those clothes either.) 

But also, and more importantly, because clothes does matter and it might not seem bad that girl clothes are all cute and light and boy clothes are though and dark, but girl clothes are tighter, more delicate and easier to break and stain from a very young age, making them harder to move around and play in. And how kids look affects how we treat them and what behaviour we encourage in them. I personally find the early gendering sad and constrictive and want to give my kid more options then that. And that’s not to say that other people shouldn’t dress their kids in what ever clothes they like for as long as their kids will let them. We all have different tastes. (And wouldn’t the world be a sadder place if we didn’t?) And I know clothes doesn’t really say anything about parenting or personality. I know plenty of little girls that dress like perfect little princesses but are the thoughest kids around. When it comes to fundies though, I guess I just see it as a start of the indoctrination and that makes me react more. 

I know this video has been shared here before, but I think it’s a good example of what I’m trying to say.

This is my biggest irk when people continuously comment how tired i look. What the fuck do you expect? i have a 12 week old newborn & a husband with a military schedule that doesn't allow him to be home daily and/or nightly on a regular basis. What do you think a person is going to look like when they are taking care of a newborn? 

Add this comment to those pregnancy comments like "are you sure it's not twins?" or "i'm not a parent/its not my place but i watched on TV that...." or "my cousin's uncle's mom's pet monkey's neighbor had this specific minute issue and you should totally be aware of it, not that i did any research or even know what i'm talking about but you should probably do more"

Worst advice you've been given as a parent? Let's hear it.

In that photo, Jinger looks just like James (or one of the boys - maybe Joseph? definitely not Josh.. who knows???)

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

In that photo, Jinger looks just like James (or one of the boys - maybe Joseph? definitely not Josh.. who knows???)

I immediately thought she looks just like Jason.

(ignore text on the picture...)

image.png.d2996961d4c5503f687f418e1d4ebbc6.png

I honestly don't think JinJer were preventing anything. They conceived within a year of being married, which is the normal range.  We are only used to the super fertile siblings who all conceived withing the first 3-4 months of the withing the 1st month of trying. Friends of our's conceived after 10 months of trying and the doctor told them it is normal because it's under a year.

10 hours ago, CatholicLite said:

Yes! Some of it is totally unfounded. People on social media def need to calm down when someone isn't parenting exactly the way they would. But still, banning comments completely seems a little off-color for me.

She's a brand new mom with raging hormones, turning of comments right now is a good idea IMO, she doesn't need the added negativity from strangers. Or having to feel the need to explain herself or her actions as a tired new mamma.  

I'm glad to see she's practicing self care and in a preventative fashion, while still sharing with her fans and FJers on her and her headship's terms.

I really do wonder how the littles feel about how their featured on social media, especially Jordyn. There are so many more media channels than when 19KC was on and the married girls were in the growing pain years.

The only reason I think they might have prevented is that they talked about kids differently than others.  
Yes, others got pregnant super fast, but we did see them sad about how long it was taking when it didn't.  They never gave that impression, and never gave the impression of thinking it might not happen.  I know that as I approached a year of trying I started feeling like it wasn't going to happen at all.  Thats a fairly normal way to feel.

2 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I honestly don't think JinJer were preventing anything. They conceived within a year of being married, which is the normal range.  We are only used to the super fertile siblings who all conceived withing the first 3-4 months of the withing the 1st month of trying. Friends of our's conceived after 10 months of trying and the doctor told them it is normal because it's under a year.

Me too.I think that's how long it took them,and it's normal for it to take time,for some couples.

I seriously doubt,they would admit to using anything,like condoms.Natural family Planning?Maybe.

After I had my 2nd son,I breastfed him,exclusively,I did not use anything,and did not get pregnant,until my period returned.

Of course,my mother had something to say about this: "My God,Melon!You're playing Russian Roulette!".My grandmother said ;" I was mighty careless".She said that about my mother,too.Because my two older brothers are 13 months apart.

4 hours ago, kachuu said:

This is my biggest irk when people continuously comment how tired i look. What the fuck do you expect? i have a 12 week old newborn & a husband with a military schedule that doesn't allow him to be home daily and/or nightly on a regular basis. What do you think a person is going to look like when they are taking care of a newborn? 

Add this comment to those pregnancy comments like "are you sure it's not twins?" or "i'm not a parent/its not my place but i watched on TV that...." or "my cousin's uncle's mom's pet monkey's neighbor had this specific minute issue and you should totally be aware of it, not that i did any research or even know what i'm talking about but you should probably do more"

Worst advice you've been given as a parent? Let's hear it.

THis isn’t really advice I was given but remember that viral video on how to carry an infant car seat without breaking your back? I remember there were tons of judgemental commenters saying that she should wear her baby instead. Now I will admit baby wearing is my preferred method but that doesn’t mean my way is the right way and all other ways are the wrong way. When my sister was pregnant the number one advice I gave her was to do what works best for her and ignore the sancimommies.

27 minutes ago, Fruit_Salad said:

THis isn’t really advice I was given but remember that viral video on how to carry an infant car seat without breaking your back? I remember there were tons of judgemental commenters saying that she should wear her baby instead. Now I will admit baby wearing is my preferred method but that doesn’t mean my way is the right way and all other ways are the wrong way. When my sister was pregnant the number one advice I gave her was to do what works best for her and ignore the sancimommies.

This was definitely the best advice given to me. Just because this bullshit over here worked for everybody you talked to and google, doesn't mean your kid is going to like it. It's so hard being a parent these days. No. It's so hard living in today's judgmental and hateful society. If what i'm doing isn't hurting you or anyone else, fuck off. Especially when it comes to trivial things like personal preference. 

4 hours ago, TakingBibleClasses said:

I can't ignore the text, it's hilarious.

But damn Jason's head is huge.  

4 hours ago, TakingBibleClasses said:

He looks like JD

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived