IGNORED

Seewalds 35: Silence is Golden

VaSportsMom

Also, second baby really screwed up my metabolism or something. After my first I dropped weight instantly. My second turned four two months ago, and I am still fluffy and round-faced. I’m resigned that this is my new normal for a while. 

Maybe Jessa just hasn’t been able to get all the way down to pre-baby weight yet. 

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

At this stage, I'm not going to even bother guessing until she announces.

BTW, we are currently at one month and two days of no know Duggar Jestations. I believe this is cause for celebration.

I agree... I'm surprised she's not pregnant yet but I'm done guessing haha! Honestly I think they are getting the hang of the rhythm method or using breastfeeding amenorrhea but who knows 

4 hours ago, treehugger said:

Also, second baby really screwed up my metabolism or something. After my first I dropped weight instantly. My second turned four two months ago, and I am still fluffy and round-faced. I’m resigned that this is my new normal for a while. 

Maybe Jessa just hasn’t been able to get all the way down to pre-baby weight yet. 

Jessa was rail thin in the Jinger birth special. That was just two months ago. It's also possible that she's stopped nursing Henry and can eat without restrictions. 

Time will tell, I suppose.

How can a mother of 6 (7?) little ones wear such a perfect and looong hair? Sierra always makes me suspect that she has a hiden babysitter or just ignores her kids in order to have time for business or beauty. Maybe I'm wrong and she has an extremely involved husband.

Regarding Jessa. Yes, she can be pregnant. But I think that some people expect to see her really slim and are surprised when realise that she is not, and take curves as a sign of pregnancy. 

I guess I find all of this stuff kind of phony because, if I arranged to meet up with two mom friends and some of us had struggles, puke, teething, whatever, the very LAST thing I'd do is be like "Let's take a quick pic so we can remember this day!" You're not gonna FORGET the day, FFS, it's pretty memorable because it's not like you get to do this every week regardless of the attendant woes.  Now all that picture is going to remind them of is how stressful it was and how they didn't actually get to connect meaningfully because life is just a little bitch sometimes.

YMMV.

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

Jessa was rail thin in the Jinger birth special. That was just two months ago. It's also possible that she's stopped nursing Henry and can eat without restrictions. 

Time will tell, I suppose.

Fair enough, I didn't watch the episode. I have just personally struggled with my fluctuating weight since the birth of my youngest, and it all feels a bit roller-coastery, so I tend to be inclined to cutting moms of littles slack in the weight department. 

18 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I guess I find all of this stuff kind of phony because, if I arranged to meet up with two mom friends and some of us had struggles, puke, teething, whatever, the very LAST thing I'd do is be like "Let's take a quick pic so we can remember this day!" You're not gonna FORGET the day, FFS, it's pretty memorable because it's not like you get to do this every week regardless of the attendant woes.  Now all that picture is going to remind them of is how stressful it was and how they didn't actually get to connect meaningfully because life is just a little bitch sometimes.

YMMV.

It's all phony. it's part of jessa's mommy brand and Sierra is the biggest enabler and that taco life lady is just like them...

it's a random picture - probably not even from that day

they need to the tribe to be relevant in their cult. 

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

Jessa was rail thin in the Jinger birth special.

Honest-to-shit, I read this as JESUS was rail thin in the Jinger birth special.

damn.

On 9/22/2018 at 3:28 PM, Carm_88 said:

@BunnyBee I think that Kendra may be a possibility for that list too. It's hard to say. Jinger had a bit of a gap before becoming pregnant, but Kendra didn't.

I didn't include Kendra because I didn't even want to type this into existence 

Sweet Kendra doesn't deserve back to back pregnancies 

If she wants to cut hair, why can't she go to school to cut hair so she can do it properly and make it even and balanced?  Or hit up Josie Bates if she's too precious to pay for a haircut.  

2 minutes ago, VooDooChild said:

If she wants to cut hair, why can't she go to school to cut hair so she can do it properly and make it even and balanced?  Or hit up Josie Bates if she's too precious to pay for a haircut.  

Because travelling all the way to Tennessee for a haircut would make no sense?

Cuz if there's one thing Henry Seewald needs at 1 year old, it's a "perfect" haircut. Personally I will settle for his childhood no longer being sold to TLC, and Henry getting a noticeably better education than his mother. 

Meh - I've always been a hair-cutter. I do a decent job. I also cut my own hair. My hair girl (who I pay through the nose for color) says it's a good cut, so...

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

LOL!  True!  I was thinking during a visit, but I guess they don't visit as often as they used to, if they even did to begin with.  Anyway, I paid to learn to cut hair.  It's a skill and it's worth paying for a cut to get the best outcome.  My problem comes from JB and Mechelle instilling mediocrity or....I don't know the word for it...They don't value any sort of education.  Like, why pay for college when you can get the information from the library.  It irritates me is all.  Like Jill's subpar midwife training.  I take pride in my work.  Sorry for projecting that onto Jessa.  

No snark on the boys at all!  They're cute regardless of perfect hair, crooked hair, sticking up from a nice hard sleep hair.  And yes @Pecansforeveryone I also hope they get a better education than their mother, and appreciate the value of that education.  

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

i am sure tlc would pay for the trip just for the mommy tribe to be discussed again. 

37 minutes ago, nst said:

i am sure tlc would pay for the trip just for the mommy tribe to be discussed again. 

Nah the Bates can't be featured on TLC anymore. UP won't allowed it! :P

5 hours ago, VooDooChild said:

I cut my son's hair all the time when he was a child. 1. because we were broke 2. because my son would flip his shit every time someone tried to cut his hair. He has hair like Spurgeon, thick and curly and it grew fast. It was just easier and less stressful for me to do it.  Did he look perfect? Nope but it worked until he was old enough to stop screaming his head off when anyone came near him with clippers or scissors. 

I always cut my kids' hair dry. When they are really young and may freak out at any minute it is usually easier to try to cut a decent style if you can see what the hair will look like when it is dry. I cut my children's hair myself, definitely my 2 year old and my six year old I may trim a bit if necessary but I pay to get her a hair cut 2-3 times a year. I think that having your hair cut by your parents is pretty common here in Sweden for younger kids and no one expects kids to have a perfect hair cut. 

When I have long hair I cut my hair myself most of the time and now that I have short hair I trim the sides as they short and machine cut and my husband keeps his hair short and cuts it himself with a machine too so home cuts are more of a family standard than going to the hair dresser. 

Curly hair should almost always be cut dry. Curls flatten out when wet, and it’s hard to know just how much you’re actually taking off if you cut it that way. Plus, different curl sections can be tighter or looser, so what looks perfectly straight and even when wet can dry to a jagged, uneven mess. A few years ago I decided to break my years long streak of cutting my own hair and have someone else cut and color it before a conference I had to attend. The person I ended up with (who was supposedly “one of their best,”) literally talked over me and more or less told me I was stupid every time I tried pointing out that he was doing something I’d requested in advance not be done. I ended up jumping out of the chair and running out with my hair still shopping wet* because he refused to use products suited to my hair and wanted to blow dry it after with no diffuser and probably with another added product that would have further destroyed my hair beyond how much he’d already tortured it. It took almost a week before I could even get a brush through it while wet and drenched in conditioner**. It was really upsetting, because I’d been so clear about my needs beforehand (and had been reassured they’d be no problem), and was spending what I considered a lot of money on it because I really wanted to look my best for my upcoming work event. I ended up with the worst hair experience I’ve had since my sister talked me into perming my already curly hair back in 1991 and I ended up looking exactly like Pat from Saturday Night Live. Thankfully, this was not AS bad (mainly because I still had a decent amount of length), but it was still awful enough that I doubt I’ll ever let anyone handle my hair again. 

*I paid when I  checked in, but was later given a full refund when I called to complain about how his refusal to listen left me looking like a disheveled poodle crafted from very abused hay

**everyone who says you should never brush hair when it’s wet can bite me. Curls like mine do not take kindly to any kind of comb or brush while dry and it took years of bleeding scalps and broken hairbrushes before I figured this out on my own 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived