IGNORED

Seewalds 35: Silence is Golden

VaSportsMom

There’s a lot of assumptions being made in this thread about 4 adults and 4 different kids based on a bunch of pictures and videos that get posted sporadically on Instagram...

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Their stuff pops up on my pinterest feed all the time and I hate to admit that it's SO cute. I think they were discussed on FJ before-- iirc they are friends with Sarah Maxwell, and they also caused some controversy when they found out that a bunch of their customers were trad Catholics and got pissy about dirty Papists using their products.

Wow. It saddens me to hear that, but I'm not really surprised. The order came, and there was a card with scripture on it and a written thank you on the invoice with a scripture on it. Really laid it on. The headband is cute but sadly I probably won't wear it. It's too feminine. I am a jeans and tee kinda girl, and some frilly band just makes me feel silly. 

2 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Sounds like an excellent way to run a business. Get angry when your customers, your paying customers, don’t believe in Jesus in the exact same way you do. :pb_rollseyes:

Lol they'd need smelling salts if they knew a heathen like me bought one. 

Which is worse in their eyes, heathen or Catholic? Probably Catholic, heathen might be converted, but Catholic is definitely the wrong kind of Christian. I'm Episcopalian. Women priests, gay marriages, real wine for communion, I am so going to hell.

12 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

Also keep in mind that bilingual children are slower to speak BUT actually much better off in terms of brain development in the long term. As a baby and toddler Israel spent many months around native Spanish speakers and although Jill and Derrick appear to have been useless at picking up Spanish, if Izzy spent a lot of time playing with other local kids or watched by their Moms, etc he would have been exposed to Spanish in a way that Spurgeon never was.

Spanish friends or watched by their moms? Like for a Derick and Jill date night? Otherwise, I’m betting that Izzy was locked away with Jill making banana bread and Skyping THe TTH.

12 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Miniway is bilingual and he started speaking pretty early. In the beginning he mixed languages a lot and it was sometimes hard for others to understand him. 

Now he switches pretty easily depending on if he’s talking to me or his dad. He also translates between us even though it should be obvious to him that we both know both Swedish and English. I kind of wish we could be teaching him more languages now when he’s little and just soaks it up.

That is too cute! I just imagine him thinking "Must tell daddy what mommy and I just discussed!" LOL

There's plenty of research to show that bilingual kids start talking significantly later on average compared to monolingual kids. However, they catch up really quickly once they do speak, and being bilingual is actually really good for their brain development.

Anecdotally, our friends' 17-month-old, who is constantly surrounded by three different languages, still only speaks three words (mama, papa, and agua), and he didn't say his first word until he was 16 months. But once he really gets going, it will be great for him!

That said, I don't think we have ever seen evidence that Izzy is biligual whatsoever. Jill pushing him to call Derrick papi instead of dad doesn't make the kid bilingual.

11 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Wow. It saddens me to hear that, but I'm not really surprised. The order came, and there was a card with scripture on it and a written thank you on the invoice with a scripture on it. Really laid it on. The headband is cute but sadly I probably won't wear it.

Oooh, I haven't gotten mine yet (stupid growing back hair and frizzies). My mom got two, she's that sort of Catholic lady who still covers her hair for church and liked them. 

It's really important to me to support women in small business, because of the agency it creates for them in their lives. Especially sheltered women or ones who were raised with low ceilings and limited options, regardless of religious affiliation. Look at Sierra, she knows how to hustle and while it doesn't always work out, I've not seen anyone disparage her for trying what she can within her belief system.

53 minutes ago, cascarones said:

Oooh, I haven't gotten mine yet (stupid growing back hair and frizzies). My mom got two, she's that sort of Catholic lady who still covers her hair for church and liked them. 

It's really important to me to support women in small business, because of the agency it creates for them in their lives. Especially sheltered women or ones who were raised with low ceilings and limited options, regardless of religious affiliation. Look at Sierra, she knows how to hustle and while it doesn't always work out, I've not seen anyone disparage her for trying what she can within her belief system.

Let me know how you like it. I like the way mine looks, just not on me if that makes sense. 

So I looked at what Ben has been liking on twitter and it includes a lot of the same anti-social justice stuff Jeremy has been espousing, including tweets defending that statement (though he hasn't actually signed it himself). There's also this anti-gay thread:

Spoiler

Gross. :( I'm not shocked that Ben or Jeremy are liking this shit. I really am not, they are fundies after all. I would like to see them be more enlightened, but again fundies who seem very stuck in their ways. 

21 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Yes! Tall kids are often judged really harshly because people perceive them as older, and it's really unfair.

Absolutely.

An old fuddy snapped ‘act your age’ at my son when he was upset in a shop once. I told her that he was acting age appropriately for a 2 year old and the response was ‘oh I thought he was 5’. 

1 hour ago, miss_batson said:

Let's continue pregnancy rumors.. 

I think Jessa’s tell with Henry was her face. And looking at her face here, I’m definitely thinking it’s likely. 

27 minutes ago, habert said:

I think Jessa’s tell with Henry was her face. And looking at her face here, I’m definitely thinking it’s likely. 

I agree. Her face looks fuller here. But who know, she is suspicios for a year already. 

Well Jessa is long overdue for a pregnancy. I think the fuller face is a good sign of Seewald 3 on the way!

At this stage, I'm not going to even bother guessing until she announces.

BTW, we are currently at one month and two days of no know Duggar Jestations. I believe this is cause for celebration.

24 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

At this stage, I'm not going to even bother guessing until she announces.

BTW, we are currently at one month and two days of no know Duggar Jestations. I believe this is cause for celebration.

And out of all the Bates girls, Tori is the only one pregnant. Its like a weird calm before a baby storm. 

Just now, BunnyBee said:

And out of all the Bates girls, Tori is the only one pregnant. Its like a weird calm before a baby storm. 

Erin and Alyssa gave birth in April, so I'm hoping for a bit of a gap there. Whitney just had a miscarriage and Michael doesn't seem to have children in her cards. However, with Josie and Carlin (I would imagine) being added into the mix soon. It could be a big year for both families.

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Erin and Alyssa gave birth in April, so I'm hoping for a bit of a gap there. Whitney just had a miscarriage and Michael doesn't seem to have children in her cards. However, with Josie and Carlin (I would imagine) being added into the mix soon. It could be a big year for both families.

Imagine next year...

Alyssa, Erin, Josie, Whitney, Carlin & Michael (hopefully)

Lauren, Jill, Jessa, Anna, Abby & maybe Joy

all pregnant.

@BunnyBee I think that Kendra may be a possibility for that list too. It's hard to say. Jinger had a bit of a gap before becoming pregnant, but Kendra didn't.

32 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Can you imagine being a friend of both families if this happens?  You'd have to take out a second mortgage for shower gifts!

I don't think she's pregnant. She's intentionally holding her dress taut against her body to quell the "bump" speculation.

1 hour ago, BunnyBee said:

Imagine next year...

Alyssa, Erin, Josie, Whitney, Carlin & Michael (hopefully)

Lauren, Jill, Jessa, Anna, Abby & maybe Joy

all pregnant.

I don't know. It's almost October, and no one's announced. That means no babies in January, February and March, most likely. That's a quarter of 2019 right there. 

13 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I don't know. It's almost October, and no one's announced. That means no babies in January, February and March, most likely. That's a quarter of 2019 right there. 

She said pregnant, though, not giving birth.

It does seem like there are likely to be a whole bunch of pregnancies within a short time.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived