IGNORED

Maxwell 23: Backyard Breeding

VaSportsMom

4 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I should have added to my post that I have fewer wrinkles around my eyes because I've worn sunscreen faithfully each day at least since I  was in my 30s.  

I often think that my granddaughter with albinism is going to have the most amazing, gorgeous skin when she gets old because she must wear sunscreen, hats and sunglasses all the time.  It's not an option for her.

I wilt like a delicate flower in the sun, so I don't ever get a tan. I spend the Missouri summer hiding in the airconditioning. But I'll probably have wrinkles around my eyes from squinting at my cross-stitch projects!

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was about to go full-bitch on all of you for saying Sarah has wrinkles but in the last close-up she actually does look to have quite a bit of sun damage on her forehead.  That said, she has an incredibly young-looking face.  In every other picture she looks more like 26 than 36 (? I think that's her age now...).  

Many 36 year olds have a few wrinkles, though.  A lot I know treat their wrinkles with botox but don't admit it :p so I don't think she looks that out of the ordinary.  

I wish Sarah would explain a little better on some of her posts.

For instance, do hikers build cairns as a landmark so others behind them don't lose their way?  I assume it's something like that, but it'd be nice if Sarah explained a "hiker's duty" a little bit for those of us who don't climb mountains.

I just googled cairns because I know exactly nothing about them.  Here is the first item that came up; I have no idea how accurate it is, so maybe some of you  who are hikers can enlighten us in ways that Maxwells won’t. The article indicates that cairns should be built only by guides or park staff, not by random hikers  

(bear with me; i’m not good at linking on my phone)

https://bearfoottheory.com/what-are-rock-cairns/

On 8/29/2018 at 8:21 AM, Dru said:

"I circled where are vehicles parked."

Fucking seriously?

Goes well with the rock that's just right to "lay back on". SOTDRT Fail

2 hours ago, catlady said:

I just googled cairns because I know exactly nothing about them.  Here is the first item that came up; I have no idea how accurate it is, so maybe some of you  who are hikers can enlighten us in ways that Maxwells won’t. The article indicates that cairns should be built only by guides or park staff, not by random hikers  

(bear with me; i’m not good at linking on my phone)

https://bearfoottheory.com/what-are-rock-cairns/

Yup. Cairns are used for route setting when there is no obvious trail. The ones you find on top of peaks are generally built by bored children.

Wow I'm really missing out on life.  Now I know that if I want to reach the peak of human experience all I need to do is grab a coffee in Leadville.  Nothing better, so perfect!  But then what?  If you've already had the perfect experience then it's all downhill from there and nothing else in life will ever measure up to that :P

I'd like to revisit a topic from a few pages back and point out that Christopher Lloyd also played Judge Doom in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

@CyborgKin,  I love Who Framed Roger Rabbit?  How could I miss that when I was talking about Christopher Lloyd's roles?

I was just watching the episode of Dogs 101 where there were talking about Cairn terriers.  They pointed out that Cairns were named because they chased rodents out of cairns along the coast of Scotland.  They also mentioned that Liza Minelli owned a Cairn which I think is pretty cool since the most famous Cairn of all is so closely associated with her mother's most famous role.

I’m Sarah’s age and I have way less wrinkles than her. But that’s because I’m fat ? I’m not joking! Having extra weight in your face can decrease your lines a bit. It’s the one positive of being overweight, lol.

No shade on Sarah's looks in my original comment - she's lovely. I'm just a big proponent of sunscreen and doing skin care as self-care for both the physical (melanoma, anyone?) and emotional/mental benefits but I know there's no space in the schedule for that in Maxhell.

19 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I should have added to my post that I have fewer wrinkles around my eyes because I've worn sunscreen faithfully each day at least since I  was in my 30s.  

I often think that my granddaughter with albinism is going to have the most amazing, gorgeous skin when she gets old because she must wear sunscreen, hats and sunglasses all the time.  It's not an option for her.

I'm sure she will! The sun is our worst enemy when it comes to our skin. I got into sunscreen pre-teen thanks to stupid teen magazines and my gramma. Yes, I look super younger than I am and I like that. No, I don't judge Sarah (or anyone else) for how they look. I just know the damage (which yes, can result in death) the sun can do if you don't protect yorself.

If anyone cares, I have a pretty big spot of hyperpigmentation on the right side of my forehead. I have a sunroof in my car and for some reason I thought having the tinted glass closed was enough. I was wrong and always pull the cover now except at night.

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m Sarah’s age and I have way less wrinkles than her. But that’s because I’m fat ? I’m not joking! Having extra weight in your face can decrease your lines a bit. It’s the one positive of being overweight, lol.

Preach! :dance:  I'm 49 and I only have a couple of laugh lines around my eyes when I smile.  I attribute it to the extra weight I'm carrying and basic good skincare/no makeup for decades.

12 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Now I know that if I want to reach the peak of human experience all I need to do is grab a coffee in Leadville. 

Leadville Detour Alert! 

Floyd Landis, ex-Amish member of disgraced Lance Armstrong's cycling team, who won a stage of the Tour de France and then lost that honor due to doping, then later joined a government civil fraud lawsuit against Armstrong as a whistleblower and won, now owns Floyd's of Leadville.  Floyd had a bad bike crash, which led to chronic pain and a hip replacement at age 31.  Floyd's shop sells CBD hemp oil (no THC content, so legal in all states, I think) for pain relief.   floydsofleadville.com

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that there are many other ways to reach peak human experience in Colorado, where pot is legal.  We stayed in this Dolores, Colorado motel room for a few days before I really took a look at the "No Smoking" symbols on our door. 

Dolores Motel Door 2016.jpg

Another post today about hiking. 

They are really not going to say anything about Chelsy's pregnancy until they are good and ready. 

In the latest blog post, they mention that Sarah didn't go on a hike with them because she had to stay back and work on her book.  I hope that it was her choice to not go, and not just Steve telling her to work on it while on vacation - he probably wants it ready in time for Christmas shopping.  

I’m overweight AND still have mostly oily skin at my ADVANCED age and am the envy of my bestie, who’s trim and dry skinned.  BUT I also have had wrinkles in my forehead since I was 14 and tried to keep my eyebrows raised so I’d have deep-set eyes (like Big Daddy JB) instead of semi-Asian eyes (like BigMJB)!

So PSarah’s forehead wrinkles seem very very mild to me. However, I’m a recent convert to moisturizer w/sunblock and PSarah might as well start using it, herself. 

UV rays are stronger at higher elevations, no? And we rarely see any of the Maxborg in a hat.  I’m sure it has something to go with vanity, as in “too much adornment on one’s head.”

Teri seems to have pretty good skin for someone in her 60s, right? I never notice — always too distracted by that limp hair. I know I’m in the minority, and please know I fully support how  any FJian wants to wear their hair, but, Teri!!!! listen to me! Look at your momma and see how nicely shorter hair frames a very long face!!!!!!

*gasp*.... ok, I’m exhausted. Time for coffee. 

1 hour ago, crawfishgirl said:

In the latest blog post, they mention that Sarah didn't go on a hike with them because she had to stay back and work on her book.  I hope that it was her choice to not go, and not just Steve telling her to work on it while on vacation - he probably wants it ready in time for Christmas shopping.  

At least Poor Sarah got a few hours away from Coward Steve.

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

UV rays are stronger at higher elevations, no? And we rarely see any of the Maxborg in a hat.  I’m sure it has something to go with vanity, as in “too much adornment on one’s head.”

This is why I loathe the Maxwell way of life. The idea that things like sunhats, moisturizer, and sunscreen could be considered vain and not a precaution against skin cancer, eye damage, and general discomfort.

None of the Maxwells are ugly (on the outside) and they seem to be content, but they deprive themselves of so many small things that would improve the quality of their lives based solely on Steve's personality-disordered interpretation of the Bible.

@SinInTheCamp, I'm glad you mentioned eye damage.  UV exposure is one of the biggest risk factors for cataracts and that's nothing to sneeze at, even with advances in cataract surgery.

Maxwells show respect for security, both for work and for grandkids. Why is everybody assuming they don't use sunscreen? Sometimes the sun in high mountains can be too hard. But maybe it was allergy o a bad lighting of the picture.

In addition, I think Sarah looks younger than she is. Sometimes pictures, specially selfies make wrinkles more evident. It depends on the lighting. I'm a bit sad that some wrinkles in a 36-year-old woman cause so much snark. Even beautiful woman are critisized for not being perfect enough.

21 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@SinInTheCamp, I'm glad you mentioned eye damage.  UV exposure is one of the biggest risk factors for cataracts and that's nothing to sneeze at, even with advances in cataract surgery.

Very true! I've heard especially for people with light eyes. 

I have light eyes, and every time I'm out with my mom she says something about making sure I wear sunglasses to protect them. And every time I remind her that I DO wear sunglasses almost all the time outdoors, and that my contacts have built-in UV protection.

26 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

They have pictures wearing sunglasses and hats.

This said, I always take my sunglasses off for the pictures (years ago I wore them In all my holiday pictures and I regret it now). I don't know if Maxwells are forgetting sunglasses or just want pictures that show their eyes.

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I'm a bit sad that some wrinkles in a 36-year-old woman cause so much snark. Even beautiful woman are critisized for not being perfect enough.

Perhaps you missed earlier comments that made clear most folks who have said anything are doing so from a skin-health perspective and not all BEC

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

They have pictures wearing sunglasses and hats.

This said, I always take my sunglasses off for the pictures (years ago I wore them In all my holiday pictures and I regret it now). I don't know if Maxwells are forgetting sunglasses or just want pictures that show their eyes.

I’m pleased to hear that. Cancer is nothing to flirt with. 

14 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

Perhaps you missed earlier comments that made clear most folks who have said anything are doing so from a skin-health perspective and not all BEC

No, I didn't. If this was about Bates, I would easily believe they don't use sunscreen. But Maxwell seem to be really concerned about safety. 

What I meant is that a few wrinkles at her age are normal (it is normal not to have, too). And I find shocking that people look for a explanation. It's not that she has a lot of wrinkles or deep ones (also lighting can be really tricky regarding wrinkles).

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived