IGNORED

Maxwell 23: Backyard Breeding

VaSportsMom

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that close-up selfie of Sarah is a little concerning. She appears to have a decent amount of sun damage on her forehead. Please tell me these idiots aren't going without sunscreen. Oh wait, they climb mountains in skirts...

2 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

Anyone get what’s so special about the shape of the rock Jesse is holding in one pic?

I think they think it looks like a heart? That's the best I can come up with.

3 hours ago, Dru said:

"I circled where are vehicles parked."

Fucking seriously?

I'll give her a pass on this--probably just typed fast and can't proofread her own work. I find clangers like this in my stuff all day long. The difference is--I go back and fix them.

1 hour ago, catlady said:

while i understood what Sarah meant by the birthday phone call, i couldn't help but get a mental image of a prison phone call, like this was some sort of privilege just because it's her birthday.  

and with her foot propped up on the bench the way she does, i hope she has leggings under that skirt.  

The phone call as a "treat" or "privilege" --reminds me of the long-ago Josh/Anna wedding on X Many Kids and Counting. The kids did a skit re-enacting the cringe-worthy proposal scene. When "Mrs. Keller" orders "Anna's" water she says--"It's her birthday, give her a slice of lemon." That sums up a lot!

18 hours ago, johnhugh said:

we were lucky to alaways visit Norfolk, England for an additional what some would call a vacation.

The Bush Estate!  Hah!

My parents moved to Norfolk after they retired so I've spent too much a lot of time there.  Inland though and not in summer.  Landscape flat as a pancake, damp, rain, and wind straight from the North Pole,  The locals praised the wonderful skies.  I wanted more trees to block out the bloody skies.

3 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Hey, do ya'll remember when Abbie asked to feed the chipmunks again...and Steve asked her to pray about it? Not sure this is the same area. I remember seeing pics of them hand feeding chipmunks. I mean, what's the big deal? Why make her pray about it??

Maybe to "telepathetically" ask the creatures if they know where they're going when they die?

52 minutes ago, freethekahlo said:

It's  a wrench?

Maybe he mistook it for a wench??

the look-at-these-rock-shapes made me kind of sad.  yes, rocks are interesting, but Sarah presented those photos in a manner that made her siblings sound like very young children.

They are children, according to the rules of Maxhell. That's why it's totally appropriate for 22 year old marry to get a book meant for tweens. 

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Here is one of Mary's birthday presents: (the top book on the table next to her)

https://www.amazon.com/Rachel-Saint-Jungle-Christian-Heroes/dp/1576583376/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1535570671&sr=1-1&keywords="rachel+saint"+book

"written for ages 10 and up"

Maybe the book wasn't a gift? Maybe it was lying on the side table and accidentally got in the picture? I'm grasping at straws: it's so awful to me that a 22-year-old would receive what is basically a children's book for her birthday. Wtf.

Maybe Poor Sarah meant to caption Jesse's photo - "My brother is so strong he can pick up rocks".   That way the unmarried maidens will have something to fawn over.  

1 hour ago, catlady said:

the look-at-these-rock-shapes made me kind of sad.  yes, rocks are interesting, but Sarah presented those photos in a manner that made her siblings sound like very young children.

It makes me think of when I was little at the beach picking out seashells, it’s sad they’ll never know the joy of sitting by the water bringing up something new each time. (I still do it, but no one is taking photos of me finding a shell shaped like a heart)

3 hours ago, catlady said:

while i understood what Sarah meant by the birthday phone call, i couldn't help but get a mental image of a prison phone call, like this was some sort of privilege just because it's her birthday.  

and with her foot propped up on the bench the way she does, i hope she has leggings under that skirt.  

Let not your heart be troubled: any views are being blocked by that unfortunately fat lady, as Steveovah and PChris would call her, if they were in good moods.

OTIH, If Steveovah and PChris were not in good moods, they’d have sermons ready on how people who overeat and underexercise and get diabetes don’t deserve to be part of lovely Samarutan’s Purse Health Plan For The Troooly & Completely Devout!

31 minutes ago, SinInTheCamp said:

Does Stevehovah forbid sunscreen and moisturizer because Sarah is looking R O U G H

Maybe she wears light foundation normally and didn't have it on for the picture. I don't remember whether the Maxwells use makeup or not.

I feel bad when people criticize Sarah's face and/or body. I know I look rough as hell most days (mom of boy children) and I don't wear makeup to cover up the lines and blemishes. There's so much to snark on without bringing her physical appearance into it. I'd probably look a damn sight worse than I do if I had Steve for a father *shudder*.

However, I am not the snark police, and everybody's line in the sand is different.

On 8/28/2018 at 7:58 PM, Howl said:

It's beautiful!  The bare rocks are scree, and the scree sits at the angle of repose.   There are well defined paths up to the top on most Colorado mountains and you can see forever when you get to the top.  They are above timberline but likely walked through beautiful forests as part of their approach hike.

I've been to the Catskills and the Poconos.  Beautiful scenery.  Maybe it's just Sarah's pictures, but it looks like a construction site.  I'm scrolling through the pictures waiting for a sign that says "Future site of Walgreens."  Surely there's some color somewhere.  But Sarah's pictures are all so...beige. 

I don't think the comments (the first ones, at least) were snarking on Sarah's looks but commenting that she appears to have some sun damage on her face.  I have fewer wrinkles than Sarah and I'm a good 25+ tears older than she is.

8 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I don't think the comments (the first ones, at least) were snarking on Sarah's looks but commenting that she appears to have some sun damage on her face.  I have fewer wrinkles than Sarah and I'm a good 25+ tears older than she is.

This. There is history of skin cancer in my family so sunscreen/skin care is an important subject in my life. Cancer aside, it is very clear, even between siblings, who's uses sunscreen as a matter or course and who doesn't in my family.

You'd think they would want to appreciate all of God's creation by hitting up some different trails. How about Shenandoah National Park?  The Smoky Mountains? Hike the entire Appalachian or the Pacific Crest Trail - we know they don't have anything better to do! Or heck, go hike on a glacier in Alaska! 

Instead they hike the same types of trails ending in the same views of jagged rocks. Every. Single. Year. The only thing that changes are the number of 'boys' and the number of wrinkles in the photos.

10 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Yes, some of the comments were about sun damage, which isn't really snark. I'm happy that there is far less body-snarking in the Maxwell threads than in some of the other threads on FJ. :) 

1 hour ago, bertnee said:

You'd think they would want to appreciate all of God's creation by hitting up some different trails. How about Shenandoah National Park?  The Smoky Mountains? Hike the entire Appalachian or the Pacific Crest Trail - we know they don't have anything better to do! Or heck, go hike on a glacier in Alaska! 

Instead they hike the same types of trails ending in the same views of jagged rocks. Every. Single. Year. The only thing that changes are the number of 'boys' and the number of wrinkles in the photos.

Yeah I'm not one to snark too much on people taking the same vacation year after year, but really... doing the exact same things at the exact same place every single year? I mean, I could go to Walt Disney World every six months for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy to do so (if someone would like to fund this experiment let me know...), but there are always changes there and it's pretty much impossible to do everything there is to do. My family goes to the beach pretty much annually, as our take-it-easy vacation, but we always mix it up somehow. Even if it's just trying a new mini-golf course or something, we add something new each time. I actually just spent a few minutes putting new books on my Kindle to read on the beach, so even if all we did was sit by the ocean I'd still be enjoying something new in what I was reading. This year we are hitting a sculpture garden and taking a dolphin cruise - we usually spend mornings on the beach and then go out and do things in the afternoon/evening.

I hope the Maxwell's lives aren't really as dull and boring as they show us. Surely they must do some things that aren't bland and boring. 

They'd do a better job of making their version of Christianity look appealing if they posted nothing but photos of the cat and dog, at this point. Surely they do cute and silly things now and again.

I should have added to my post that I have fewer wrinkles around my eyes because I've worn sunscreen faithfully each day at least since I  was in my 30s.  

I often think that my granddaughter with albinism is going to have the most amazing, gorgeous skin when she gets old because she must wear sunscreen, hats and sunglasses all the time.  It's not an option for her.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived