IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 2: Divorce? What Divorce?

VaSportsMom

17 minutes ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

The Days own Mountview and have for quite a few years now.

Tiffani and Rob Day who also own City Cafe in Brentwood. 

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ff you Google Mountview it was last sold to a private trust, RDP, LLC, in 2014 for $1.6 Million.  I assume the trust is the Days and is for tax purposes

1 hour ago, Florita said:

Speaking of weddings, the glowing recap of Hannah Travis Langsdon Collins' most recent wedding is up on the RF website.

Note:

1373177019_rfwedding_LI.thumb.jpg.bdc06871065df8b8d1a3a84802ee41d0.jpg

Maybe God will bless her consistent attitude and her 3rd covenant wedding can be held outdoors.

Which of the very wealthy dear leaders owns Mountview?

Are uppers part of the Weigh Down program? There's So. Much. Joy! Ecstasy! Excitement! Overjoy! Magic! Exclamation Points!!!!

1 hour ago, Florita said:

Speaking of weddings, the glowing recap of Hannah Travis Langsdon Collins' most recent wedding is up on the RF website.

Note:

Maybe God will bless her consistent attitude and her 3rd covenant wedding can be held outdoors.

Which of the very wealthy dear leaders owns Mountview?

God came BACK? I guess He must have skipped the wedding itself, if He had to come back.  I'm not going to say anything else, as it would sound really bad.

4 hours ago, Florita said:

Note:

It rained for Hannah TravisLangsdonCollinsSchmidt’s first wedding too. 

She gave testimony at Saturday’s Sabbath service about how not gay great her replacement husband is in bed and how wonderful Leadership’s quick handling  of this embarrassment God’s timing was.

14 hours ago, sajetime said:

She gave testimony at Saturday’s Sabbath service about how not gay great her replacement husband is in bed and how wonderful Leadership’s quick handling  of this embarrassment God’s timing was.

HAHAHAHHAHAH!

Accurate

17 hours ago, sajetime said:

oh my goodness. thanks for the laugh :D

17 hours ago, sajetime said:

full "testimony"

http://www.remnantfellowshipnews.com/2018/08/09/a-night-to-remember-the-wedding-of-hannah-and-spencer-collins/

3 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

It ridiculous how they use "signs" as a way of determining God's intent for them. Anything could be justified as a sign. How come the fact that it was raining wasn't considered as a sign that they were rushing into a wedding so soon after her divorce-considering God knew she really wanted an outdoor wedding. Why didn't he bless her then with a perfect outdoor wedding?  Oh look, a diet coke, its a sign I'm thirsty. Oh, cramps, its a sign I'm at the wrong church(this is one used on my daughter lol). Oh a rainbow over the Remnant Fellowship-he is telling us we are the chosen people(not to mention the fact that the rainbow can also be seen over half a dozen other churches and walmart).  

And fyi-this is really pissing them off. I can't go into specifics but they are trying to use the court to gain info about who we are that speak out against them or to quiet us.  They have started turning our loved ones against us at a more desperate pace this past week or two. This is why they have been able to survive all this time. Scaring people for their safety or quieting them by threatening to turn their loved ones against them. The Remnant Fellowship evil SOB's at their finest. ]

Theses people are so WERID.  I hope Hannah is happy with the new husband.   The internal dissidence must have been strong having gone through the exact same thing less then two years ago (if I got the timeline right).   I’m so curious how it all worked.  Did she have the same brides maids? A similar dress? An entire group of people keeping sweet while they experienced déjà vu?  And only 9 days until Gwen's turn.  Oh if I could be a fly on the wall!

From what I've seen, Gwen very much plays the match maker for these relationships that then turn into Remnant weddings.  And Gwen LOVES to tout how many weddings she has done.  (And as was mentioned in the previous thread, as part of a Remnant wedding ceremony, they will project a slideshow of all the other Remnant weddings - minus the couples that left Remnant or the ones where one spouse left and divorce ensued). 

There is a story of one Remnant girl who really like another Remnant boy, but she was told (it was 'highly recommended') to date, then marry another boy (which she did.)  She was heartbroken she wasn't allowed to choose the boy she really liked and wanted to pursue.  

@RFsurvivor, @RFSurvivor_2   What have you seen?  What can you share with others about the control Gwen has in regards to who marries who.

20 minutes ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

From what I've seen, Gwen very much plays the match maker for these relationships that then turn into Remnant weddings.  And Gwen LOVES to tout how many weddings she has done.  (And as was mentioned in the previous thread, as part of a Remnant wedding ceremony, they will project a slideshow of all the other Remnant weddings - minus the couples that left Remnant or the ones where one spouse left and divorce ensued). 

There is a story of one Remnant girl who really like another Remnant boy, but she was told (it was 'highly recommended') to date, then marry another boy (which she did.)  She was heartbroken she wasn't allowed to choose the boy she really liked and wanted to pursue.  

@RFsurvivor, @RFSurvivor_2

What have you seen?  What can you share with others about the control Gwen has in regards to who marries who.

Oh man. I have stories. I promise I’ll come back and write them later today or tomorrow when I’m off work. 

10 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

And fyi-this is really pissing them off. I can't go into specifics but they are trying to use the court to gain info about who we are that speak out against them or to quiet us.  They have started turning our loved ones against us at a more desperate pace this past week or two. This is why they have been able to survive all this time. Scaring people for their safety or quieting them by threatening to turn their loved ones against them. The Remnant Fellowship evil SOB's at their finest. ]

Thats what Gwen and her leadership does. Thats how its always been. If you speak out against them, they will either:

1. Use the law to try and silence, intmidate or corner you.

2. Use your loved ones who are still in the church as a tool to intimidate, threaten or emotionally distress you in any manner.

3. Demonize you and make sure that everyone in the congregation know that you are now an "enemy" of the church and God.

It doesn't surprise me that they are scrambling to try and find some legal way to silence us. Its sad, really.

Aside from that, as far as using our loved ones / have our families who are still in the chruch turn against us, that doesnt surprise me either. We understood the risks going into being public with our experiences and information about the church. It is what it is. We will continue to share our expeirences and most importantly, the TRUTH about that place..

On 8/9/2018 at 9:56 PM, sajetime said:

Side note:

I am proud of Hannah's ex coming out and leaving the church. It takes a LOT of courage to do so, especially him being:

1. In the RF cult the majority of his life (lifelong conditioning and brainwashing) who has a general dislike and seemingly at times, borderline hatred for homosexuality.
2. He being gay for SO long and having to deal with internal and personal family issues (ridicule, pressure etc) because of it.
3. A part of a marriage that a lot questioned (whispers I picked up whilist in the church) that even HE knew was wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if he was forced "suggested" by Gwen, leadership and other memebers into it.

He is a good young man and I am happy he has the support of his mother, who is also an awesome human being. He has good friends and a good head on his shoulders. It will be a HARD ROAD to achive stable mental, emotional and physical stability, however I believe he has the right tools and the right people to succeed in life. He is young and has so much to look forward to in his life. I wish he and his mother the best.

What bothers me the most about this situation is how easily entire families and friends can be turned against those who have left. I can guarentee you all that any chance of us maintaining or holding a positive, fruitful relationship with anyone in the church (including family) is indefinitely diminished, especailly after they would read what @RFsurvivor and I have shared. They will dismiss it as lies and conjecture and see us as the "enemy" of God and their church. I know this because @RFsurvivor and I were in this position MANY times with individuals who have left the church who were once close to us.

I remember having that mindset as if it was yesterday. I recall being so "strong" in the RF "message". I recall willing to die, to fight and do whatever it took to uphold the "truth", Gwen, her leadership and her church. I was SO convinced that the teachings of Gwen were the truth, the way and the only path to live in life. I idolized her, some of the leaders so many people there for so long that I was so willing to give up every bit of who I was JUST to be like them...

As stated in the previous forum, I and  @RFsurvivor sympathize and hope the best for Erin. Like her, we still hold some individuals in that church close to our hearts. Despite us being hurt by them before and after leaving (and us effectively hurting them by leaving) if they were to leave we would (with extreme caution) gladly pick up the pieces of our broken relationships and would be 100% willing to start a new. There are sincere, rock solid good people in that church that unfortunatley are in their current position. Its incredibly sad. I personally know of quite a few "inbetweeners" (as they used to call them), that remain in RF due to their own personal reasons. I sincerely hope that these individuals break free, get the emotional, mental and physical help they need and progress in life.

At the end of the day, as stated in the previous thread about this thread's subject matter, everyone (especailly adults) with the ability to think for themselves and can process information can make their own decisions. Personal responsibility still is heald in regards to RF members who fit this criteria. I just hope a lot of people research, dig deep and realize the current state they are in.

6 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

As stated in the previous forum, I and  @RFsurvivor sympathize and hope the best for Erin. Like her, we still hold some individuals in that church close to our hearts. Despite us being hurt by them before and after leaving (and us effectively hurting them by leaving) if they were to leave we would (with extreme caution) gladly pick up the pieces of our broken relationships and would be 100% willing to start a new. There are sincere, rock solid good people in that church that unfortunatley are in their current position. Its incredibly sad. I personally know of quite a few "inbetweeners" (as they used to call them), that remain in RF due to their own personal reasons. I sincerely hope that these individuals break free, get the emotional, mental and physical help they need and progress in life.

Do you mean Hannah? The one who just got married?

Also random but where do all the RF members go shopping’s for their dresses and gowns they’re always wearing in beige, white, or black?

1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

Do you mean Hannah? The one who just got married?

I was speaking about Erin Shamblin to be specific. Although...I do sympathize (to a point) with Hannah as well. Its all just a sad @luv2laugh. I just don't hope Hannah's husband doesn't break her heart again...

So I heard a tale last night from an ex-member that she got "reported" because she was at the mall. Said they told her it wasn't the best use of her time. Are they controlling to that level?

18 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

And fyi-this is really pissing them off. I can't go into specifics but they are trying to use the court to gain info about who we are that speak out against them or to quiet us

Do you mean this thread is making them mad? What exactly are they wanting to do? Do they realize they can't stop us from discussing them?

3 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

So I heard a tale last night from an ex-member that she got "reported" because she was at the mall. Said they told her it wasn't the best use of her time

Soooooo ... Unless RF has people posted at the mall to spy on RF members who go shopping at the mall -- whoever reported Erin(?) was also at the mall.  Which might not have been the best use of that person's time. :my_biggrin:  

That said -- if someone tells me RF has spies at the mall or coffee shops, restaurants, movies, etc, anywhere that isn't the RF campus, I will absolutely totally believe it.

If going to the mall is frowned on, do people just shop online? Although that could also be described as not the best use of time.

I'm being snarky here, but I'm curious. How much control does RF exert outside of the numerous events members are expected to attend?  Seriously -- people have to buy clothes, cheese n' crackers and Diet Coke sometime.

The more I read here about RF, the more I am fascinated and horrified in equal measure.

4 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

So I heard a tale last night from an ex-member that she got "reported" because she was at the mall. Said they told her it wasn't the best use of her time. Are they controlling to that level?

Yes they are that controlling. 

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Soooooo ... Unless RF has people posted at the mall to spy on RF members who go shopping at the mall -- whoever reported Erin(?) was also at the mall.  Which might not have been the best use of that person's time. :my_biggrin:  

That said -- if someone tells me RF has spies at the mall or coffee shops, restaurants, movies, etc, anywhere that isn't the RF campus, I will absolutely totally believe it.

If going to the mall is frowned on, do people just shop online? Although that could also be described as not the best use of time.

I'm being snarky here, but I'm curious. How much control does RF exert outside of the numerous events members are expected to attend?  Seriously -- people have to buy clothes, cheese n' crackers and Diet Coke sometime.

The more I read here about RF, the more I am fascinated and horrified in equal measure.

There have been many many instances of people reporting other members for “un godly” behavior. For example, when @RFSurvivor_2 and I were dating, we were reported to atleast our parents (maybe leadership. Don’t remember) about people seeing us together alone on dates. People would report if they saw something “un godly” on social media. If you didn’t hang out with saints when possible and someone saw you with non RF people, reported sometimes. People would report if they noticed you hadn’t been at church as consistently. 

I am not sure why the mall was a no for her, but the action of someone reporting is not uncommon. 

7 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

People would report if they saw something “un godly” on social media. If you didn’t hang out with saints when possible and someone saw you with non RF people, reported sometimes. People would report if they noticed you hadn’t been at church as consistently. 

This reminds me of this church daycare I worked at once. Someone got reported to the administrator because she was seen walking into the bar section of a restaurant to say hello to a friend because doing that was considered too ungodly for an employee.  The administrator would call people's churches to make sure they were attending enough services and to see if they were tithing. It was insane and I didn't work there long

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Do you mean this thread is making them mad? What exactly are they wanting to do? Do they realize they can't stop us from discussing them?

They can't stop us from discussing them, however they can do what they've done to me these last few weeks and take my daughter aside and show her this forum or any other comments they assume I wrote and add a few untruths about me and she will believe them completely. She cancelled a lunch with her dad to punish me and I think to drive a wedge between me and her dad. I think she thought that by punishing him, he would tell me to knock it off. Me and my husband have always been united on this. Her handlers have failed once again. Just like when they kept telling her to push her bf on us. That failed too. We've been married a long time and our relationship was always a priority over our children. Sounds harsh, but at the end of the day our children were going to leave the nest and we were going to be all alone. It was pretty important that we still had a relationship that didn't revolve just around our children. I'm not sure our marriage would have survived all of this if it weren't for the fact that we still really like each other and are excited about all the fun we get to have soon. So take that Remnant, guess what? A good, long lasting marriage is possible outside of your cult. And I won't let them continue to abuse us in order to have a superficial relationship with my daughter, who I can no longer trust anyways. Integrity, ethics and good morals are vital personal characteristics for having a relationship with me. We always told her that she could come home at anytime and we would never tell her "we told you so". 

I've said this before and I think it needs to be repeated.  The more I read about this group, the more I am reminded about Jim Jones and the People's Temple.  Now, hearing that they spy and report people is reminiscent of Scientology (I think) and so strongly reminds me of one of the stories like 1984.  I may have the name wrong, Big Brother is Watching, etc.  It's really terrifying.

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived