IGNORED

Kendra, Joe, and Garrett Duggar: Part 11

Coconut Flan

10 minutes ago, pook said:

I just can't imagine being pregnant at the same time a my Mom.  I mean it happens, but never would in my family.  My almost 45 year old cousin is expecting for the first time so there is no way she and her 70 year old Mom could possibly play pregnancy twinsies - kinda hilarious when you think about it.

The fact that Kendra's sole reaction to her mom being a pregnant grandparent with painful health complications was "tee hee it's so FUN to talk about being pregnant with my mom!!!!" gives me little hope for JoKen!

(I'd be delighted if JoKen stepped back from the whole insane clown posse. They are both the children of control-freaky men with a bizarre need to be the sole all-powerful authority figure EVERYWHERE, whether it's in the family or the church or politics. That has to have screwed them up in some ways. The sooner they un-enmesh themselves from their horrible parents the better. I think they're both a long way off from processing this, though.)

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two take aways from the CO beach segment:

Watching Kendra's mom painfully hobble down to the beach in her modest maternity swimwear really makes me wonder if she is really happy about continuing to fill her quiver ,or if she's just the ultimate queen of keeping sweet.  

and Kendra is still an extreme daddy's girl even after getting married.  

50 minutes ago, freshlemonade said:

and Kendra is still an extreme daddy's girl even after getting married.  

I got the same impression when she kept refering to "Daddy" but calling her mother "my mom" in the TH. Maybe it's a US thing (I'm native German), but that was really creepy imo.

41 minutes ago, DillyDally said:

I got the same impression when she kept refering to "Daddy" but calling her mother "my mom" in the TH. Maybe it's a US thing (I'm native German), but that was really creepy imo.

No, i think it's weird & I'm American LOL

I think it's probably because the mother always referred to the dad as "daddy" ("Daddy's home," "let's make this for Daddy," "lets wait for Daddy," etc) whereas the father didn't talk about "mommy" in third person like that all the time / wasn't home all day doing homeschool and raising the kids. 

3 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

I'd be delighted if JoKen stepped back from the whole insane clown posse. They are both the children of control-freaky men with a bizarre need to be the sole all-powerful authority figure EVERYWHERE, whether it's in the family or the church or politics. That has to have screwed them up in some ways.

I think Joe and Kendra are their fathers' golden children and I doubt they'll ever leave the fold.  Neither one strikes me as adventurous or unhappy. I suspect Joe may eventually be running Duggar Inc. and I won't be surprised if he and Kendra end up with a dozen or more kids.

5 hours ago, DillyDally said:

Good catch!

I may have heard Kendra speak to her mom once at the beach and call her "Mommy" which, in the US, is more what a very young child would say (but not always, obviously.) Someone may have made fun of her and she is trying to not say "Mommy" on camera. It is more typical for kids well into adulthood to still say "Daddy," though.

This is just my take. My two kids wanted to transition from Mommy to Mom and it was difficult for them to do so in their later teen years.

Joe and Kendra really just seem like 16 year olds. They look younger than the other couples, they have this sort of bumbling, carefree, goofy demeanor... The bit on the show where they went on the beach vacation with her family just reinforced all of that for me. 

On 3/27/2019 at 2:48 AM, SassyPants said:

So don’t J/Kendra own the log cabin that they currently live in? Or does GM Mary? If they do own that home, why isn’t it good enough for young adults with a young family? 

I wonder if the Duggars will treat the cabin like the Mortons do their barn apartments - as a home for a couple to use while they build a home, and then another young couple move in.  If it's on Duggar property, it means the young couple are under the eye of JB & M, and they have a set of sisters to aunt-mom the first baby, etc. It makes sense that the parents are given extra help, but I hope it's not a control thing.

2 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I wonder if the Duggars will treat the cabin like the Mortons do their barn apartments - as a home for a couple to use while they build a home, and then another young couple move in.  If it's on Duggar property, it means the young couple are under the eye of JB & M, and they have a set of sisters to aunt-mom the first baby, etc. It makes sense that the parents are given extra help, but I hope it's not a control thing.

Building a duplex or a set up like the Mortons would have actually made a lot of sense for the Duggars if they really wanted the kids on the compound. 

I called my dad Daddy until my late 20s, when I became aware of the name as a sex thing and then I just couldn't anymore.  I doubt that will happen to Kendra. But I don't see any problem with grown women using Daddy. 

My mom hated being called Mommy though and when I was about 6 she decided she wouldn't answer to it anymore and now that I was a big kid I had to call her Mom. 

54 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

I called my dad Daddy until my late 20s, when I became aware of the name as a sex thing and then I just couldn't anymore.  I doubt that will happen to Kendra. But I don't see any problem with grown women using Daddy. 

My mom hated being called Mommy though and when I was about 6 she decided she wouldn't answer to it anymore and now that I was a big kid I had to call her Mom. 

I think I switched to "Dad" and "Mom" pretty early on. Probably elementary school age thereabouts. It just sounded better to me. And now that "Daddy" has such a sexual connotation, it sounds even more wrong to my ears. 

I switched to Mom and Dad when I was in elementary school too. I liked to tease my parents with Mother and Father, it was always a joke. But in really bad situations my mind reverts back to Mommy and Daddy, like when my grandmothers died, my great-grandfather and great-grandmother died, or my mom had her strokes and seizures, and the night she died. I don't know why. 

I'm 36, and I still call my dad Daddy, and we don't have the greatest relationship, so it's not a super sweet Daddy's Girl thing, it's just who he is... and I also still call my mom Mama... 

I’m 38 and generally still call my parents Mommy and Daddy. So does my 33 yr old brother. It’s childish but we just never transitioned to Mom and Dad. 

It isn't childish if it's just how your family loves each other. 

I think it’s more of a southern thing. My dad’s from the south and still refers to my late grandpa as “daddy” when he talks about him - he’s 70. All his brothers do, too. 

When I talk to my parents, they are mom and dad. If my sister and I are talking about our parents we refer to them as Mommy and Daddy. My dad and his siblings do the same and I’ve always thought it was sweet. 

Also, I’ll jump on the train that Kendra is ‘expecting’

On 3/29/2019 at 1:30 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

The baby was a the Duggars’ Christmas party and appeared to be a boy. Has anyone heard a name?

She was due November 20, 2018 but we still haven't heard a name.

I never called my mom, mommy, she was always mom or mother, my dad was daddy until I was probably a teen. I've always been a daddy's girl and I still have a hard time wrapping my head around what a horrible person he has become since me married his 2nd wife. He's so much happier than he ever was with my mom, my mom was/is a horrendous bitch and we are all happier when we only have to spend small amounts of time with her.  I will say she is 1000x better as a grandmother than she was a mother, she just wasn't meant to live with other people, she requires too much structure and "down time" to have other people around for extended periods of time. I'm glad my kids had/have loving grandparents and aunts and uncles, we didn't have that growing up, my mom's mom lived in Wisconsin (her dad died before my siblings & I were born) and my dad's dad lived in Arkansas and his mom lived in Orlando FL, and we lived in Iowa. I did live near my grandfather in Arkansas when I was an infant/toddler before we moved to IA, I don't remember much about him (he died when I was a tween), but my parents said he doted on me and he was wrapped around my cute little fingers, they said I had that affect on pretty much any adult who met me, much like my daughter did when she was little. What can I say we were both cute AF and we knew it. :pb_lol: 

I usually call my parents mom and dad. Honestly, daddy sometimes slip out out of my mouth and while I type about him, but that's ok as he likes it. 

We are Mama and Daddy, but my boys are 17 and almost 21, and honestly, it just feels a little weird to me.  Especially Daddy.  I am thinking I could morph into "Ma" which is kind of amusing. 

14 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

We are Mama and Daddy, but my boys are 17 and almost 21, and honestly, it just feels a little weird to me.  Especially Daddy.  I am thinking I could morph into "Ma" which is kind of amusing. 

My 28 YO son calls me Ma. Yes, he is and always has been a clown!

I'm Mom, Momma, Ma, and occasionally Mother, which is always said in humor. They all say Mom, two of them say Momma, one says Ma, and one of the Momma ones also says Mother. Yesterday the other Momma one said thanks, Mummy, in a text after I answered her question, which I thought was cute. 

I call my mom “ma’am” mostly (but picture it in Eric cartman’s voice from South Park when he says “mom). ? It started as a joke but she thought it was funny and it stuck. Dad is just dad. 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived