IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 3: Rapture Pending

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, Destiny said:

Dishes. I irrationally hate doing dishes, plus it makes my back hurt. HATE. I'll do your vacuuming if you will do my dishes.

OMG Emptying the dishwasher KILLS my back! I'd rather just hand wash and dry a sink of dishes than empty that damn dishwasher. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never minded laundry when it was just me; but since Mr. 05, I hate it with a passion. I'm not sure how one man can wear 17-18 t-shirts and 10 pairs of socks in one week. Every week. In winter, there are 8-10 sweatshirts, too. 

And I'm not exaggerating those numbers. I finally started counting. The folding is endless. And it's the folding that I hate. 

I have not cleaned a bathroom in about 11 years. When we were dating, he started cleaning mine for me and he always cleans them in our house. He likes doing it. He usually vacuums, too. The only house cleaning I normally do is dusting, clutter containment and cleaning mirrors. But the worst part is that he seems to think the dusting and mirror cleaning is done by house elves or maybe magic. He literally told his mother one day that "our mirrors never really get dirty". Me: "Because I clean them". Then he stared at me in shock. 

I would rather do laundry all day then do one load of dishes by hand.  I've never had a dishwasher my adult life and I would be on cloud nine if i ever get one.  That's also saying a lot because i really don't like laundry either :)  I don't mind all the other household chores its whatever.  

I would scrub my toilet and hand wash my underwear every day if it meant I never had to do grocery shopping ever again. 

Fortunately for me, hub does most of the housework. I hate it. ALL of it! At one time I had people convinced that I had no idea where the kitchen was in my house. Seriously, the only thing domestic about me is I live indoors and am relatively housebroken. 

Hub started with vacuuming when he told me how to do it so I chucked the vacuum at him and told him that if he didn't like the way I did it he could do it. Now that I'm back to working full time and he's still working part time, he does most of the housework before he leaves for work. I do cook and bake...but the rest...oh hell no. 

I hate chores where I would have to put my hand in dirty water- mopping or washing the dishes (we have a dishwasher so thankfully only pans, wine glasses and such need to be washed by hand). I love vacuuming and sorting out, putting on and hanging up the washing. 

Husband does all the ironing and is generally the one who does more housework. I just look out for the chores I like and try to hold up the balance. We both work full time so it is only fair to at least try to even the chores out.

48 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

No TP holders in our home. I kind of thought they were a bygone item.

What do you have instead?

They're also in every public bathroom I've used.

I have a robot vacuum. I'm not sure I could ever go back to a regular one now. I think I've even convinced my parents that when they downsize their home, they need to invest in one.

Absolutely the best product I bought when I moved into my unit (I live alone, have no pets and my unit is tiled which probably help).

I hate to clean!  My mother is the same way. For as long as I can remember we have always had a cleaning person or service for our house. We are not messy people so that helps. But I don't mind doing laundry or the dishes though. 

7 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

What do you have instead?

They're also in every public bathroom I've used.

In my current home, baskets and a fancy ceramic vessel. In a prior home the previous owner left a big, abalone shell that adequately held the TP. I've never seen an industrial TP holder in a private home-

@SassyPants - trying to understand this... Do you have to pick up the roll every time, and unwind the paper from it? Or do you use individual tissue/sheets?

I've seen "home-style" TP holders in many public bathrooms. FWIW. :)

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

@SassyPants - trying to understand this... Do you have to pick up the roll every time, and unwind the paper from it? Or do you use individual tissue/sheets?

Yes- we pick up the roll- We've not had a TP holder since 2000 and it has not been a problem. Between the different sized rolls and the tubeless rolls that are now in existence, it just makes sense to me. The holders that are just arms seemed like a plausible solution, but, we found if they aren't angled or positioned just right in relationship to the commode, we'd be constantly pulling the roll off the arm when we went to tear.  Nope, I have never seen a home type dispenser in a public RR. In fact, I hate when I find a singular roll in a public RR as you never know where it's been and there's never anywhere to reload it onto a holder-

Dishes- I also hate unloading/putting away the dishes.  I think there is a theme of I hate putting things away.  

We have a dishwasher.  Husband insists that we MUST prewash/rinse off everything that touches the dishwasher before it runs or they won't get clean.  I think that defeats the point of a dishwasher and just stick everything right in immediately after use.  

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If I lived in Duggar hell, I would be grandma Mary, the laundry person. I mind it the least out of all the chores I do. 

Me too. And I could hide in the laundry room away from the late night chaos/constant mess/feral children on countertops Hellscape of the big common room.

18 minutes ago, emscm said:

Husband insists that we MUST prewash/rinse off everything that touches the dishwasher before it runs or they won't get clean.  I think that defeats the point of a dishwasher and just stick everything right in immediately after use.  

Our dishwasher has a built-in food disposal. I never pre-wash anything.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Our last house was new construction and we lived there for 14 years. Without a toilet paper holder (because we would have had to add them to the wall, we did add a towel bar though). So the TP just sat on the counter next to the toilet. We'd pick it up - unroll some and go about our business.

The house we have now - was 2 years old when we bought it and these people were somewhat particular - so actually have lovely tp holders. And my five year old is obsessed with actually replacing a roll whenever he gets the chance - so I don't tell him that he keeps putting it on backwards!!

I must have missed the discussion of Abbie and JD's enormous bridal registry (and the January wedding date): https://registry.theknot.com/abbie-burnett-john-duggar-january-2019/27818734

I'm all for the camping gear and board games on the registry, but no one needs that many throw pillows. And I am totally giving Abbie the LPN the side-eye for all that essential oil crap on the registy.

And who registers for a refrigerator? That ain't happening.

Oh and of course there are multiple Ellen Degeneres items on the registy. The Fundy favorite!! : )

And this?  Please keep your sexy apron fetish to yourself, JD:

image.png.4a1e7ad6ca974b484c949c116f50fd5c.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C28SFAU?colid=2BS1IMA5CHRUX&coliid=I3CFC89VORYSED&ref_=hit_wr_gvdt_vr_md_pt

Not sure I understand the Uber gift card on their registry.... I obviously know many people use Uber for many different reasons, but I personally only use it when I'm too drunk to drive :D 

Also a massive WTF to this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0971266905?colid=2BS1IMA5CHRUX&coliid=I2UYJHGX6KE90V&ref_=

Just looked at the title and no, just no.

10 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

ooh-er crikey missus!

I rather like their registry though. Their kitchen is gonna be SO well kitted out - clearly a list made by someone who knows what they're doing - AND I SEE THEY WANT THE SETTLERS OF CATAN SEAFARERS EXPANSION. Can I deduce, therefore, that they are already Catan players? I hope so. I see Taboo, Codenames and Ticket to Ride too - board game night at Jabbie's!!

Replying to an earlier discussion about why some people get so upset about little things like the toilet paper being put in the wrong way:  I am one of those kind of people.  :greetings-waveyellow: I'm not proud about that fact, but I can at least try to offer one explanation.  I have pretty extreme anxiety, and so little things like TP installation, or how the mugs are put back into the cupboard, or how the bed is made give me about the only sense of order or comfort that I can find in this world.  I realize on an intellectual level that this is ridiculous, but at the same time, I don't see what the big deal is.  If something so small can bring me some peace, and it doesn't cause undue hardship to someone else, then what is the problem?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived