IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 3: Rapture Pending

Coconut Flan

Toilet paper rolls: Always #2, UNLESS there is a small kitten in the house. #1 is far more difficult to make a gigantic mess out of with kitten paws.

Related: who actually gives fucks about something so trivial? LOL. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I  don't actually care about which way the toilet paper roll faces, but I go with #2 because that seems to be the option most people who do care tend to prefer.

I used to not really care about the toiletroll and put it both ways until I realized that the 'pictures' on the paper (puppies in our case) are upside down if you use method 1.

I now always use method 2 to make sure the puppies are not upside down :my_biggrin:

34 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

I used to not really care about the toiletroll and put it both ways until I realized that the 'pictures' on the paper (puppies in our case) are upside down if you use method 1.

I now always use method 2 to make sure the puppies are not upside down :my_biggrin:

You wipe with puppies? I think I would feel wrong about that. :animals-dogrun:

I'm #2.  Husband doesn't care a bit about it, and I usually get my way because it's very infrequent that he will actually replace the empty roll anyway :pb_lol:

4 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

You wipe with puppies? I think I would feel wrong about that. :animals-dogrun:

It’s the most famous brand here. Just as soft as real puppies :my_biggrin:

15 hours ago, Destiny said:

Toilet paper rolls: Always #2, UNLESS there is a small kitten in the house. #1 is far more difficult to make a gigantic mess out of with kitten paws.

Related: who actually gives fucks about something so trivial? LOL. 

Someone ALWAYS gives a fuck. ALWAYS. This is why I cannot bring myself to have roommates again at this season of life. The last time it was a three bedroom apt. The guy with "seniority" was what we can only call a hypocritical douche. I don't consider myself anal about cleanliness matters but I do try to be agreeable and approach things with a sense of even-handedness. Chore charts have worked well in shared spaces.

This guy was the sort who would text me to bitch about leaving the lid off my toothpaste-fair, I do that. But in the same 48 window he would shave and leave his chin pubes in the sink. Blech.

I I still don't know if this is a thing or not. I always pulled the shower curtain out because that's how I was raised. Then I noticed it was getting stuck back in the tub. Soon enough  it became a war. I don't really care, but I hated him..

As I understand it the argument for pulling it out is less mold (but they are washable, usually)

Leave it in - they don't drip on the floor.

Tell me FJ - shower curtains in? out?  over the rod?

Toilet roll thing: #2

We don’t have a shower curtain in our house!! We have a “shower room” with walk-in shower that has a door. The baths have shower attachments but they don’t work anymore.

20 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Someone ALWAYS gives a fuck. ALWAYS. This is why I cannot bring myself to have roommates again at this season of life. The last time it was a three bedroom apt. The guy with "seniority" was what we can only call a hypocritical douche. I don't consider myself anal about cleanliness matters but I do try to be agreeable and approach things with a sense of even-handedness. Chore charts have worked well in shared spaces.

This guy was the sort who would text me to bitch about leaving the lid off my toothpaste-fair, I do that. But in the same 48 window he would shave and leave his chin pubes in the sink. Blech.

I I still don't know if this is a thing or not. I always pulled the shower curtain out because that's how I was raised. Then I noticed it was getting stuck back in the tub. Soon enough  it became a war. I don't really care, but I hated him..

As I understand it the argument for pulling it out is less mold (but they are washable, usually)

Leave it in - they don't drip on the floor.

I never pull the shower curtain out of the tub because it will drip on the floor. 

I used to pull the shower curtain completely shut after every shower because I thought it would dry faster and make less mildew and gross stuff. However I was having major issues with mildew and mold even though I always pulled it shut. I started to only pull it half shut so some air could circulate and lo and behold! It worked! No mold and mildew problem anymore! Now I am extremely anti “pull the curtain shut after every show.”

I pull the curtain liner out but it drips onto my bathroom rug. Usually stick it back in the tub at night when it's dry, though, because I don't like to see it hanging out!

Shower curtain stays in the tub so it doesn't drip on the floor, pulled wide but still open at both sides to allow for air flow.

Toilet paper sits on a table since there isn't a holder in there. I'm just glad there's paper available and don't care how it's presented. I'm a heathen.

Shower curtain liner stays in the tub, the "pretty" shower curtain stays outside the tub.

Toilet paper goes over the top.

Hand towels get replaced every-other day.

47 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Someone ALWAYS gives a fuck.

I should have been more clear as to what I meant. I meant who gives enough fucks to argue about it? On the list of things I give enough fucks to do more than roll my eyes, this does not appear. That said, I'm a bit of a hypocrite, because I get so annoyed at Mister for not folding the towels properly, so I should probably STFU now. LOL

49 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Liner stays in, pretty curtain stays out. At least, that's how I thought it was done. 

57 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I should have been more clear as to what I meant. I meant who gives enough fucks to argue about it? On the list of things I give enough fucks to do more than roll my eyes, this does not appear. That said, I'm a bit of a hypocrite, because I get so annoyed at Mister for not folding the towels properly, so I should probably STFU now. LOL

Liner stays in, pretty curtain stays out. At least, that's how I thought it was done. 

So, my laundromat has flooded. I don’t have a car. I’m back to using the pay service. I’m pretty okay with this, because laundry is hella hard on my back. And the providers are very good. They fold everything and will do whatever you want. I realized that I do give a fuck about how my towels are folded because they came back wrong, That’s not her fault though. My cabinet requires a certain towel shape.  She also paired but didn’t roll or fold over my socks which I thought was an interesting decision, and a sign of someone who’d dealt with  people who do give a fuck about socks.

....What I do give a fuck about with the laundry service is when it comes back wet. I had to quit them for awhile because my good person stopped and then there was only one in my area. She brought my comforter back damp. I made what I thought was a reasonable complaint. (She could have waited longer and told me to get it dry.) Then they said she didn’t want to work with me anymore. That blew. 

I’m sorry. This isn’t relevant to anyone, really. I’m so grateful to this woman who has taken me on as a client. She actually lives across the river and (speculation) must be needing cash because the commute is a bitch. I don’t give a fuck about refolding my towels. I do not have another viable option to get my laundry done without physical pain and it was stressing me out.

59 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I made what I thought was a reasonable complaint. (She could have waited longer and told me to get it dry.) Then they said she didn’t want to work with me anymore.

That seems oversensitive of her.  I would be pretty ticked off if I was paying someone to launder my stuff and it came back wet.  Stuff gets musty and needs to be washed again if it's not dried frequently and you might have been planning on using the comforter that night only to find out that it was still wet.  I think if you own a business you're going to have to expect the occasional complaint if things aren't done perfectly - just apologize to the customer and it's typically not a big deal.  Hell, I don't own the place where I work and I still feel like I'm doing that aspect plenty of the time when there's an issue.

I'm a #1 for toilet paper because as much as I love our three feline headships, they are notorious assholes.  And the shower curtain stays in the tub (pretty liner outside) and partially closed.  If it's dry, I pull it all the way closed because we have a lot of iron in the water and I never like seeing the build-up when it stars between tub scrubbings.  I could clean it more often, but I just don't have that kind of energy with my work schedule.

Our toilet paper holder is a pain in the ass. (ha ha). It is loose or something, so the tp tilts towards the ground and makes it hard to rip. So my preferred place for it is the window sill beside the toilet. Husband likes it on the roll. The teens seem to like it sitting on the floor in the general vicinity of the toilet. 

@GuineaPigCourtship  It was really ridiculous. Now I have to cathartically repeat the whole thing.

She was replacing the old person in my area. (This had been my first experience with the service and it was great. She was very professional. They are national. I needed it cause of surgery. All good. But she quit) She was squeezing it on top of another FT job. Ok. So, the first batch comes back and the comforter is folded in a bag all damp. I’m an admin. Customer service is inherent to my job. If I make a complaint I really try to be legit. In this instance, I feel that when training your new laundry pros....Don’t bring stuff back wet! should be like #1 or #2 And I just wanted a refund. Ideally she should have told me and kept it longer. They did give me the refund. I was not expecting her to bail. But working with someone that sensitive is probably not a good idea in the long run.

I also love your avatar :)  There are a few cute guinea pigs floating around lately. Is it yours?

Old house, and the toilet roll holder is indented in the wall. Costco tp is too fat to fit, so we have to use some of it before I can put it on. If I left it to Mr. Wolf, it would never go on.

7 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

...he would shave and leave his chin pubes in the sink. Blech.

(my bold)

I hadn't heard anyone use this phrase before. I may be able to stop laughing sometime...:laughing-rolling:

At our house we hang the toilet paper the #2 method. (That could change if we get a kitten or a young cat.)

Our "pretty" shower curtain always hangs outside the tub and the liner hangs inside the tub, unless the tub is getting cleaned. We usually leave it open a bit at one side to let it dry after a shower. The rest of the time it's usually slid to the side, because I have wet laundry hanging on the curtain rod to dry. My "dream house" bathrooms have glass doors on the showers. *sigh*

Am gobsmacked to realise I have reached 73 without ever knowing there was a right way/wrong way to present loo roll.  These days I am  just grateful that I actually remembered to buy any....

On 8/1/2018 at 10:49 PM, seraaa said:

. I lived away in first and second year and it did not go well for me. Maintaining a connection with home would have made the transition a lot easier. 

I know you wrote this several pages ago, bit I wanted to add my two cents. After I finished school I decided to live at home and travel 2 hours per way, to go to the school I attended for my apprenticeship. It did cost the same amount of money that it would have cost if I had moved into a shared Appartement, which was what nearly all of my friends did when they started to study after school. But I was not yet ready to move and my parents thought it would be better if I could focus on learning and... Honestly I know they did not want to let me go and I did not want to let go ... so it was fine for me and them. I was not mature enough to live on my own and take care of  a shared appartment with someone I did not know, AND focus on my education. I was very very very lucky that my parents and I agreed on that subject. And I did take care of my room, the bathroom my brother and I shared, I did help with laundry and cooking but I could rely on my parents when I wanted to focus on learning and I love them for doing this for me. Without having the connection with home and family, I would have been stressed out enormously. I am more an introvertiert Person. Some friends laughed at me for living at home and not following the trend, but a couple of friends did the same like me, and I was like: who cares!?! I know that this was luxury and I am still grateful for the opportunity. Today I think that I was more mature when I accepted my own concerns and myself as I was instead of forcing me into a situation I did not feel comfortable with just because other people thought that this is what you do when you are mature. Does it make sense to you? 

When I moved into my own appartment, my parents still were not ready to let me go, but I was, so it was okay for them. 

On 7/31/2018 at 6:18 PM, singsingsing said:

I actually prefer SunButter. Fight me. 

I’ve been eating SunButter since I developed a peanut and tree but allergy about 14 years ago. I recently said to my sister that it tastes a lot like peanut butter. She patted me on the head and told me that I just can’t remember what real peanut butter tastes like. 

The sad thing is that she’s probably right, but I’m going to keep telling myself that anyway. 

Toilet paper - as long as there is a roll and an easily found spare roll, it's good.

Shower liner - pretty one goes outside tub, the plastic one inside, and if WiseChild could ever remember to remove the vast amount of scrubs shampoos,  and whatever other product from the tub ledge I'd be happy. Getting into tub should not be an obstacle course activity!

SunButter is good. Then again I have yet to try a nut or seed butter that I don't like. The only time is has to be peanut butter is for the classic Fluffernutter sandwhich.

6 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

My "dream house" bathrooms have glass doors on the showers. *sigh*

I've had them, and vow never to do so again. They're a pain in the ass to clean and KEEP clean... the "tracks" get gross VERY easily. Curtains all the way, forever! lol

Shower curtain liner inside, pretty curtain outside.  Usually left open if I'm not expecting company, but closed if people are coming over to hide our messy life.

I'm a little irrationally mad for you about the wet comforter.  You were literally paying a service to take care of that for you.  Also, if like a garment came back still damp, that is easy enough to hang up and just not use right away.  But getting that kind of bedding done is a big job, and if you're like me, you need to use it again right away.  Fewer options to rectify the situation yourself.  

Also on the topic of laundry, I will do all the laundry and fold it with no complaint at all.  But for some reason my very least favorite thing to do in the whole world is put clean and folded laundry away.  I avoid it like the plague and occasionally live out of a basket for an embarrassingly long time.  I have no idea why I hate it so much.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived