IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 3: Rapture Pending

Coconut Flan

37 minutes ago, emscm said:

Also on the topic of laundry, I will do all the laundry and fold it with no complaint at all.  But for some reason my very least favorite thing to do in the whole world is put clean and folded laundry away.  I avoid it like the plague and occasionally live out of a basket for an embarrassingly long time.  I have no idea why I hate it so much.  

I would literally rather eat glass than vacuum. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

I would literally rather eat glass than vacuum. 

Dishes. I irrationally hate doing dishes, plus it makes my back hurt. HATE. I'll do your vacuuming if you will do my dishes.

7 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I've had them, and vow never to do so again. They're a pain in the ass to clean and KEEP clean... the "tracks" get gross VERY easily. Curtains all the way, forever! lol

I was just going to say,I have a garden tub with jets,in one part of our bathroom,then the shower stall with the glass door...I can handle cleaning that,not my favorite but easier than the other bathroom with the bathtub and the sliding glass door.A total bitch to clean.The track gets nasty,quick...I do clean it regularly...I have to get in the tub to clean both sides of the glass doors.I'd much rather have the shower curtain,like we had in our previous home.

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

Dishes. I irrationally hate doing dishes, plus it makes my back hurt. HATE. I'll do your vacuuming if you will do my dishes.

Doing dishes has ALWAYS made my back hurt too!! I've always wondered why?! 

9 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

Doing dishes has ALWAYS made my back hurt too!! I've always wondered why?! 

I have no explanation, but it ALWAYS happens. 

If I didn't live all the way in the North, I would happily change chores if it meant never vacuuming again. 

Because, I sweat to God, my future house is not going to have a lick of carpet in it. 

I hate, HATE cleaning out the tub with the burning passion of a thousand suns. I'd trade laundry and dishes for tub cleaning any day. I'll even do the sink and the toilet. Just not the tub. Ugh. 

I will do almost any other cleaning besides vacuuming. I don't know why I hate it so much, but I do.

I will wash and dry, fold laundry until I'm blue in the face. Dishes, I would throw them away then wash them. I could use paper plates, I guess, but it's so wasteful. 

Shower curtain: pretty curtain is on the outside and ugly liner is on the inside. 

Well, I do love to vacuum. Any recommendations on purchasing a vacuum? I would like a lightweight upright, I have a Shark which doesn’t work very well. 

Hate bathroom cleaning, like totally!!

18 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Old house, and the toilet roll holder is indented in the wall. Costco tp is too fat to fit, so we have to use some of it before I can put it on. If I left it to Mr. Wolf, it would never go on.

They have extended roll holders.

I love to do laundry. It is really the only housework I feel I do that shows results.  I hate dusting and vacuming with a passion.  I throw everything in the dishwasher, loading and unloading takes minutes.   I don't mind cleaning the bathrooms, even the insides of the tubs.  I will never have doors on a shower again, there aren’t enough hours in a day to try to keep the tracks clean and mildew free.  I have pretty fabric shower curtains that live on the outside of the tub with a plastic liner inside which gets thrown in the wash regularly.

1 hour ago, KelseyAnn said:

my future house is not going to have a lick of carpet in it. 

Mine doesn't and I love it. Mid century modern home with refinished original oak flooring throughout. Cannot abide wall to wall carpeting.

I do hate glass shower doors, they are in my second whole bath and I want Mr. SB to get them out. Dirt/slime catchers, eew.

We need a chore exchange, LOL.

Laundry is my favorite chore. It's not only arguably the easiest, but I like having clean underwear. Plus the feeling of getting into clean sheets at night after taking a shower. . .:cloud9:

If there's one chore I hate, it's dusting the blinds. It's not only tedious, tiring and time-consuming, but offers little reward since no one cares how much dust you have on your blinds. Seriously. No one. Cares. At least it's one of the better chores to hate; having dusty blinds doesn't make a big difference in the scheme of things, but having dirty dishes, bathrooms, clothing, flooring, or carpet does.

1 minute ago, agentshade said:

Laundry is my favorite chore. It's not only arguably the easiest, but I like having clean underwear. Plus the feeling of getting into clean sheets at night after taking a shower. . .:cloud9:

If there's one chore I hate, it's dusting the blinds. It's not only tedious, tiring and time-consuming, but offers little reward since no one cares how much dust you have on your blinds. Seriously. No one. Cares. At least it's one of the better chores to hate; having dusty blinds doesn't make a big difference in the scheme of things, but having dirty dishes, clothing, flooring, or carpet does.

Have you tried one of those swiffer thingamigjings? They make dusting blinds ten times easier. 

14 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Have you tried one of those swiffer thingamigjings? They make dusting blinds ten times easier.

Swiffer products are my best friends. Still hate dusting. My mom and her generation considered swiffer mops and such as cheating.

2 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

I wasn't sure so I looked it up, and my household has a duster somewhat like that. Never thought of using it for the blinds. I normally use a rag and multi-purpose household cleaner, which makes it more tedious but gets all the dirt and dust off. I'll give that duster a try the next time I'm badgered to dust blinds.

I hate folding laundry with a passion. I'm also not a fan of sweeping. Most of the other stuff doesn’t bother me. We need a FJ chore wheel!

Laundry is my jam. I love doing laundry - sorting/washing/drying/hanging-the-non-dryer-stuff/folding/hanging/putting it in labeled baskets. Putting it away? pffftttt.... those baskets live in the bedroom until I need them back in the basement for the next round of clean clothes. I hate putting laundry away. 

I don't mind loading/unloading the dishwasher, and I don't buy anything that can't be machine-washed. lol

Vacuuming is fine.

Me? I hate dusting and mopping. HATE those chores.

Interesting to see what everyone's "jurisdiction" of choice would be xD. I personally hate vacuuming because it makes me sneeze, but otherwise I don't mind it. Dishes by hand I don't mind, but I definitely just stick them in the dishwasher most of the time 'cause ain't nobody got time for that lol. My problem with housework is that I'm scatterbrained and often start something then forget part-way through what I was doing.....i.e. load the dishwasher & then never unload it so just pull plates and forks off the rack as I need them, start a load of laundry & then don't hear the machine beep and forget to switch them to the dryer, etc.....haha. 

I find all household chores annoying except cooking (if that counts as a household chore)-I USED to not mind laundry until I moved into an apartment without a washer/dryer and started having to go to the laundromat.

My biggest household pet peeve right now is that my boyfriend leaves water all over my bathroom counter EVERY time he uses the sink. But I’m keeping my mouth shut (new for me) because he’s really sweet, treats me like a queen, is AMAZING in bed and looks like a fucking model. I can deal with a minor annoyance in exchange for being happier than I’ve ever been in a relationship. After 7 months, I’m starting to unclench my teeth when I wipe the water off the counter after he’s been here. YAY for personal progress!

If I lived in Duggar hell, I would be grandma Mary, the laundry person. I mind it the least out of all the chores I do. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived